Any Semi-Classic Rebirth Stories Yet?

Its being praised a ton

And we are 30 issues in on most runs.

any of them trade/shelf worthy, must read stories?

Deathstroke perhaps?

No.

Maybe Shade, but that's YA.

Eh, nothing praise worthy so far.

Deathstroke, sure.

One-shot story in Batman feat. Swamp Thing.

No.

The multiplicity arc in Superman was really good, also if you are collecting the Multiversity you might need it for completeness sake.

There is no finer comic.

Deathstroke and New Super-Man are great.

There's also Flintstones and the Young Animal Line.
Not Rebirth, but they all launched within months of each other.

Deathstroke will go down as one of DC's finest comics

Is there even anything on the level of current Black Bolt solo at least?

Nightwing and the flash are fuckin terrible, so not those two

I wouldn't go this far. It's just going to be Deathstroke best run.

Depending on how long it goes on for and if Priest keeps it great, it could end up being a downright GODLY run in general, and we haven't had one of those in cape comics in a while.

Who are they reaching out too?

This year's Superman Annual was pretty spectacular, and a great character piece

The Black Bolt solo is crap but has good art.

Rebirth completely transformed Red Hood and the Outlaws from a pile of shit into one of their best ongoing comics.

Probably Red Hood, Trinity, Wonder Woman and Superman are my favourite this time around.

Deathstroke might not quite be a classic but it's at least notable for being the best story for its character.

These two are great but they're attached to a run that gets a lot of criticism, so I'm not sure if their popularity will hold up. I do recommend buying them though. Mister Miracle, on the other hand, is one of the most liked and acclaimed comics this year everywhere except maybe Sup Forums.

Doom Patrol and Shade from Young Animal are great. The only thing holding them back is comparisons to the Morrison and Milligan stuff, which is pretty hard to live up to. I'd say they're trade/shelf worthy.

That seems to be the case with several Marvel series: Nick Fury, Avengers, Immortal Iron Fists, etc.

Rebirth has been turning a lot of villains into heroes/semi heroes and I really enjoy that. That's some good shit.

The Phantom Lantern gets on my list of memorable Green Lantern comics.
As does the oneshot with Jessica dealing with Anxiety attacks.

I seriously don't understand why this gets rated so highly. Besides the quasi-Moore cameo, it was lame and had lots of not-in-character moments for both Swamp Thing and Batman.

Like many of what Sup Forums hails as the New52's best, it was probably great in that first storytime. But it's pretty damn bad once you're not being swayed by a bunch of replies to big moment pages.

does anyone honest to god still enjoy the current Batman run? it's so pretentious and I hate the whole "Bat" and "Cat" shit. Also that bane arc was retarded.

>Trinity
That series bores me to tears.

I'm enjoying the war of jokes and riddles. Didn't really enjoy anything else though.

huh, I really enjoy it. But i'm a sucker for comics where the bat, supes and wondy hang out, i love that.

The chicago issue of deathstroke (I think nr 11) will become a classic, imo.

>Mister Miracle, on the other hand, is one of the most liked and acclaimed comics this year everywhere except maybe Sup Forums.

For once Sup Forums is right

how can mister miracle be the most acclaimed and liked comic this year when it's 2 issues in

i don't understand why everyone immediately loves it

Because King is revolutionizing cape comics and writing the best Fourth World story in years

I don't get it outside of use of 9-panel format.

>how can mister miracle be the most acclaimed and liked comic this year when it's 2 issues in

It's really, really good, but CotY judgement has to be reserved for longer running comics. It may end up being CotY though and many people don't want to be left out.

>had lots of not-in-character moments for both Swamp Thing and Batman.
Maybe it's not for you user.

Changing Girl is vastly different from Changing Man in themes and everything, the comparison is silly. It does its own thing while being respectful to the series that came before it. Besides, comparing anything to Milligan's best(Shade, Enigma) is just unfair.

I don't necessarily agree with the "comic of the year!" response I've been seeing a lot of, especially so early in the series, but I'm surprised a lot of people on Sup Forums don't seem to like it much. There's characterization issues (as there were in Omega Men and Vision) but the storytelling is really good in my opinion.

>Like many of what Sup Forums hails as the New52's best, it was probably great in that first storytime. But it's pretty damn bad once you're not being swayed by a bunch of replies to big moment pages.
What a retarded thing to say.
The Swamp Thing and Fudd issues show that the King hate on Sup Forums is a meme because the actually issues are fairly plotless and empty.

>the storytelling is good

And? Lots of comics get overhyped after just one issue, maybe you're not used to it because it happens to Marvel comics. Vision, Ms. Marvel, Hawkeye, all were fellated like crazy after just one issue.

One can like one of writer's bibliography and hate another.

>inb4 "you just don't get it user, that page is brilliant."

With no reasoning why, of course.

yes, it's good.

if bendis was involved in this page, it would endlessly be posted to make fun of him

>it's percussion, like a drum solo to a song

I'm just saying that, apart from those comics not having a lot of meat on their bones, they also suffer from a lot of the usual King problems. Disliking King's Batman is fair because its not good but those two one shits weren't anything special either.

first arc of All Star for sure, easily something i can see getting a kind of Cult, Shaman kind of treatment in the future

if you count young animal, i would argue for a few of them, barring Mother Panic which is just a bit so so.

Deathstroke too if this thread is anything to go by

This is crap

This is great

If Bendis was involved in that page there would be a speech bubble in every single panel.

Get prepped on your Bendis lore

>why draw nine panels, when you can draw one and print it nine times!

Deathstroke
New Super-man
Flintstones
Shade the Changing Girl

All shelf worthy

If Bendis was involved with this page, every panel would be 100% filled with word balloons or narrration boxes.

see

It's OK when DC does it.

And? He once put out an issue of Ultimate Spider-Man with zero dialogue. A few exceptions doesn't change the rule.

>would be 100%
>100%

Since everyone seems to be rolling with Flintstones, then I'm gonna rep Scooby-Apocalypse.

Entertaining stuff.

Better than Preachstones.

Does that count as Rebirth?

I can't remember when it started

People were listing Flintstones, but it was the first wave of Hanna-Barbera titles if that makes a difference.

It's really, really bad though.

Nah, the "Fever Dream" issue was weird, but it's stayed a steady course of story and development.

Of rebirth: New Superman, Humphrie's Green Lanterns, Tomasi's Superman, King's Batman, and Deathstroke is OK.

Hanna Barbara had Flinstones

Every Young Animals book is better than the best rebirth book, Doom Patrol and Shade being a cut above even the other YA books.

It's also pretty clear that Mr. Miracle is going to be incredible.

>Its being praised a ton
That's mostly due to walking back most of the nu52 changes that had the oldFags the most butthurt. The vast VAST majority of what's come out has been on the passible side of mediocre unless you're really REALLY into continuity wanking and "let's hear that top ten greatest hits replay ONE MORE TIME!"

Basically image related only it's DC and they weren't kidding although, having said that, it needs to be pointed out that "passible side of mediocre" is an order of magnitude superior to 99% of what's coming out of Marble these days.

Anywhoo:
Deathstroke has been very well WRITTEN ( the art's not been great for the most part ) and the same writer is slated to take over Justice League from Hitch who's been just as terrible since Rebirth as he was on JLA prior; so we're all looking forward to THAT.

Green Arrow is fucking GORGEOUS ( the writing's the same crap by the same crappy writer as before the relaunch ).

Super Sons, Red Hood and the Outlaws, New Super-Man, Aquaman ( esp the most recent arc ), and The Flintstones ( same author as Prez ) are all worth checking out, IMHO.

Scooby came out one week before Rebirth #1 and Future Quest came out the week of Rebirth #1 (or maybe a week after), if my memory is correct. Flintstones came out in like July or some shit.

For all intents and purposes, the new HB series are effectively Rebirth, since they wouldn't have happened without Rebirth.

I know Sup Forums really doesn't like it, but War of Jokes and Riddles is shaping up to be one of my favorite Rebirth storylines right now, if not just for the Kite Man content. It has a lot of pathos and makes me feel in a way that comics haven't been able to for some time now.

I read the first six issues and nothing interesting happened. Even fucking Wacky Raceland was better. And I'm a fan of G+DM.

Does the Flintstones count? That's the only thing I could see being considered a classic down the line so far.

Maybe the Snagglepuss comic whenever that drops

New superman was good until issue 9. Then it got too convoluted

I won't lie, it's slow. That's a real issue with it, especially since it can't last much longer and it's barely half-way through what story it has to tell.

But Wacky Raceland better? Hell no.

Yes, it is. Great pacing and it gets across its themes well.

This page is supposed to contrast with the page before it, where we saw the "boom" from Scott and Barda's point of view. Different tone in the first page with the color and conversation, compared to the quiet contemplation and changing facial expression with Granny. Her changing mood/expressions is the point of the page, that's why the "boom" is in the middle panel.

But this is the worst example, right? Or did you think the whole issue and the first one were as bad as this page?

The only part where Apocalypse is clearly superior to Raceland is the art.

I agree with most of this, except I'm not big on Green Lanterns, and would rate Deathstroke a little higher than OK, maybe on the level YA stuff. Maybe add Wild Storm but it's pretty slow.

And that lovable lil' scamp - Scrappy Doo.

A lot of the praise is company ng from tsundere marvelfags
>see marvel? DC is getting such good press, just follow their lead and go back to basics

Yeah, I agree with you that Wildstorm is good but slow. I think it will develop really well, but it's hard to say now.

>New Superman, Humphrie's Green Lanterns, Tomasi's Superman, King's Batman
Yuck

This was so fucking good.

stop fucking lying, it was fucking shit, If touching Multiversity stuff is supposed to ruin that, do not fucking touch.

Also No, there isn't anything remakrable in Rebirth, max there is is fun stuff.

Me too man. I'm a sucker for that shit

These and probably Mister Miracle

There really isn't