Reminder

Reminder

Other urls found in this thread:

clxcool.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=63wJItfmu_0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Joke's on you. I don't WHO to jack off to.

Hand-drawn cartoons feel depressing because they feel too human and remind me of how shallow and sad my entire existence is. I need that modern emotionless industrial feel in everything in my life from my food to my cartoons.

>"Adult" animation

Duckman is the only right choice

It also used to get cancelled, one season and end on cliffhangers in an attempt for more.

>Klasky Csupo making anything that looked good

They got amazing writers and actors to work with them but their pretty drawings were never a main appeal for them.

>Sneaking out of my bedroom late at night to fap to Spicy City

Good times

Family Guy keeps telling us that someone as hideous as Lois Griffin is super-hot.

quality is inversely proportional to cost effectiveness

Adult "animation."

i dont get it

You mean before Adult Swim and South Park

Sadly. That american system sucks.

>We ended up in the Macfarlane timeline instead of the Bakshi timeline

All those 90s "adults" animations recycles the same wordplays about sex and masturbation. Family Guy was considered a revolution of cartoon writing because they replaced sex with political ideologies.

that`s american dad

Spicy City wasn't that good, really.

Family Guy was never considered a revolution. The first 2 seasons bored critics and audience alike and it only got more seasons where it became nothing but shock humor after being renewed because it piggy-backed off of the success of Futurama vis-a-vis adult swim.

Wasn't it basically heavy metal lite?

>before Adult Swim

Black Dynamite looked great

>it piggy-backed off of the success of Futurama

dumbest shit I ever heard

What's all the cartoons in op pic?

>The Maxx
>Not adult animation

When I watched it as a kid I couldn't understand what the fuck was going on, only rewatching as an adult I manage to understand the premise and the plot.
As a kid, the show seemed bizarre, weird, something I was not supposed to watch.

>Duckman
>Looks good
I love Duckman but Jesus

>Klasky Csupo
>Any shit done by Peter Chung

Duckman had EXTREMELY political episodes (far beyond what Family Guy's ever done), watchyu talkin bout

Man I still miss it.

We could have had more.

MacFarlane animation is cheap, fast, and has widespread appeal.

Stuff like Aeon flux is expensive, time-consuming, and rarely rises above cult status.

>Posts duck man even though it's identical in style to the Netflix show

Spicy City - The Maxx
Aeon Flux - Duckman

Three of them I'll give you, it's nothing but immature sex jokes but The Maxx was something different altogether. All of the mentions of sex in that show were shown in nothing but a traumatic fashion, not meant to titillate and the show was largely about the delusions of a homeless man and the lines between fantasy and reality.

>As a kid, the show seemed bizarre, weird, something I was not supposed to watch.

The Maxx only aired at night on MTV back when they didn't suck. Of course it wasn't meant for you.

Monkey Dust was awesome though.

>It will never get another season
Yet another reason humanity deserves extinction

>Aeon Flux
>nothing but immature sex jokes
Don't believe you've actually seen it.

More like old school EC comics with more tits and worse twists.

The target audience of adult animation is not adults who like animation as an artform. Sorry.

Depends on the context. "Duckman" and "Aaahh!!! Real Monsters" I think made the weird art style work.

Just finished watching all the episodes, man I wish there was more. Why do all the good things never last long....

Do they like ugly visuals though?

Which is better than what we currently have so I'll take it.

>Blaming Family Guy instead of the Simpsons

oh yeah just a friendly reminder that fxx denied the animators for this show in exchange for the animators of Archer in their new Deadpool cartoon

>clxcool
That dude used to watch me on deviantart.
He can't draw worth shit.

clxcool.deviantart.com/

Simpsons used to look good. Even now it is more lazy than ugly.

I know that this is Sup Forums, but I think you guys could get used to the idea of sarcasm.

Simpsons could have nice animation, sure. But Groening's still is ugly. Bug-eyes, lack of chins, yellow skin.

They feel depressing because it's the animators' depression seeping into the work.

What bugs me the most about Seth and his ilk is that eyeball thing where there's no actual moving eyes for expressions, just eyelids moving up or down.

>take a shot every time a character in family guy randomly raises their palm up mid conversation

youtube.com/watch?v=63wJItfmu_0

>Not liking Phantom 2040.

>take a shot every time a character has their arms in an L shape for some reason

Man, that's cathartic. I know other people see it but this always grated on me specifically for how repetitive these "loops" are.

I mean you know this, you already posted the video. But seriously, every scene in every episode will at least go through this loop, hands out, hands raised, character looking back, arms stretched out, everyone completely going frozen while one character talks.

It's first grade, Spongebob.

>take a shot everytime someone is knocked out or falls down they're on their side with their arm on their back

those are kids shows

>Duckman
>Looks good
Also you've got shit like Beavis and Butthead, Space Ghost etc that all looked like absolute shit.

Congratulations, that's exactly what happened to several shows and now we have TTGo and Spongebob on rerun until the END OF FUCKING TIME GREAT JOB BRO

Is there a show that isn't made by Seth McFarlane that copies him? I think you're mistaking copying for him just being involved in lots.

Chris has patrician taste

Isn't duckman only like 5 years old?

It was on in the 90's

That's something I never thought I would hear and agree with

Funny enough I saw a recent episode and I thought that they improved the animation/colours but maybe that's because there was more shading (basic but still). The colours also didn't burn my eyes as much.

Honestly I think, well it looks better. The animation has always been lazy as shit. Simpsons is a better example of a decline in animation.

Well yeah cause usually it adds to the humor in some small way since the characters look fucking retarded

I miss Duckman...
I remember watching it at my Grandparents' house.

I never got The Maxx either as much as I tried It's pretty cool though

>pretending to be retarded
>sarcasm

What's the second one down on the left? I like the artstyle.

read and ye shall receive:

I dunno. Everything on AS looks different. You also had archer, chozen, bojack, and a few others here and there.

Some canadian show, something Canyon.

Also every show that you posted was an financial flop.

Not true. Family guy was always a Simpsons clone. There is nothing revolutionary about it.

It wasn't until I read here about the talking thing that I noticed it. It's fucking weird just how ubiquitous it is.

yes, animation should be made for everyone, whole family
specified animation for age groups always stinks

>Duckman
>"looked good"
It's fucking Klasky Csupo.

One more time, in English?

Every damn pose is so canned it's shocking this show isn't actually made in Go!Animate.

They don't even blink user! They don't even blink.

Jeez, could they be more obvious about their use of HAFNIM?

Fuck off.

I don't know if the humor or delivery has changed these past decades or that I just stopped watching shit.

>Adult animationlooked good
>duckman

look okay duckman is great and all but it has the most unappealing and ugly artstyle i've ever seen, lets be real

I always thought the Maxx animation looked bad. It was basically just cutting out images from the comic and sliding them around to create the illusion of being animated. The actual animation they did do was impressive, like some of the facial animations they did, but it was such a small percentage of the show.

I will defend that the other character being frozen is actually part of creating a focal point. The character who is moving is the one they want your eyes to focus on, as it's the most interesting.

Seriously, go watch some sitcoms, and you'll notice that they do this in live action too. It's most noticeable to me in How I Met Your Mother. The characters who are not the focal point kind of just sit still, trying not to be very expressive while the focus character is talking.

same, but include the mouths

>CHRISTINE Weston Chandler?
I'm sorry, i seem to be out of the loop, what happened to him/her/them/whatever?

One word: lazyness.

Crash Canyon, I guess.

just go to youtube and just search his name
aside from his/her/its channel and a compilation video the first chunk of results is just detailed explications of this train wreck given life

no they aren't

He decided to become a woman
It's uhhh... about what you would expect.
Except for his magic hypnosis vagina, that was nuts even for him.

The only positive I'll give this show is in the music department, because GODDAMN if Seth McFarlane doesn't have an ear for music. And if Sing, the Pie song, etc. are anything to go by, he's a damn good singer! I wonder if he's ever considered a music career?

Aeon Flux's success as shorts lead to it getting 10 full length episodes with a definitive ending. It was successful, it just didn't overstay its welcome unlike some series. Peter Chung was making art here.

One season is a success now. Don't bring lies to this thread.

The maxx is the best one. Duckman is the overrated show.