You know what time it is. Time to work on your art...and post it here!

You know what time it is. Time to work on your art...and post it here!

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/eqoeM
youtube.com/watch?v=jB_SW4ry4DM
youtube.com/watch?v=ckalha7fOQc
oshee-art.tumblr.com/
webmshare.com/7r6Re
youtube.com/watch?v=ULmOKB3j3q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm trying to get back into character designing/experimenting with landscapes again. Earthworm Jim was the theme I had in mind and love the outcome. Thoughts?

Not Sup Forums related but I'm doodling this right now.

Tomorrow faggot.

So im writing and drawing this as my first attempt at a full length doodle, a story based on Planetside 2. These are just thumbnails of the script to work on paneling and shot composition; wew boy, paneling is way tougher than it looks. If any of the pages are too confusion, i have the script available (though if you need to read it to understand the scene without the dialogue i have in some respect failed as a 'director').

also, when i get tot the rough draft and actually start the real drawing, should i sketch every panel in fine detail and use drawing programs to erase, or should i trace over it entirely in the drawing program? I'm a sucker for manga style black and white use of shading, and im stuck using fire alpaca

any critiquing and advice would be very well apreciated

imgur.com/a/eqoeM

These are some figure drawings that I've done in the past. I think I'm getting better. I'd hope

are you just freehanding it?

Yeah. Should I draw circles and lines first. To get the visual of it? I know it's not the most anatomy correct; but I'm still trying.

draw them circles and lines. it gives you a better sense of proprioception for your character

Do you guys just sort of wing it when it comes to details or do you go out and "plan" whatever you're drawing with the logistics of all the details.

Is this better? If not, could you possibly provide an example?

Finally got around to coloring this gal.

I got really heavily into the LISA series recently and after beating all three of the games I decided to draw some fanart for it. I like how it turned out even tho there were something I could improve on.
I don't draw characters physically touching often so this was kinda new territory for me.
I also made the textbox because I couldn't find any online and was pretty happy with the result.

worked on this. feel free to use it next tread.

It would use less space and look better composed if you put the donut steel below or above Batman.

pls respond... ;_;

I'm learning how to color. I probably should have avoided lining her face but whatever.

Oc doodle

Cool.

Honestly, this is a bit too rough to really critique at this point. There are several parts where I can't tell whats going on because of how sketchy the art is, you should try to make a more readable version of your thumbnails if you want help on them.
>should i sketch every panel in fine detail and use drawing programs to erase, or should i trace over it entirely in the drawing program?
Unless you're going for a pencil-sketch look, you should trace over your sketches in a new layer to do your lineart.

Plan some but mostly wing it. When i overthink it, I just end up erasing a lot and getting frustrated

better?

Just doodled this for Sup Forums

If you actually drew that yourself that's pretty fucking amazing by Sup Forums standards

smol doodol

Does anyone else have an issue with overthinking shapes and where they're placed? How did you get over something like that?

give her a name. she needs a name.

Shelly-Marie

She looks like a Beatrice to me, nice style and colors btw

bored

sheesh these threads never last

(S)Teak-Tar(t)a(r)

sorry meant to say, Teak-Tara, a spin on the term Steak Tare Tare

Want proportions feedback. This was both to practice the poses and try to get better at making images that nicely fit onto the plane I'm drawing on. I feel like there's something messy about right's neck--I think there could be a little more curve going from the neck to the chest, but I want other opinions.

Amanda Tasty. Her actual name is (was) just Amanda but "Tasty" is the only word she knows how to say so it kind of stuck.

Getting back to working on some pages

Just made this seconds ago.

Give me all of your social media usernames right fucking now

what's with the thrusters on her hips?

That's pretty cute, got a tumblr?

>Shelly-Marie
I second this

I third this Frankenstein reference.

Blog?

Not yet but thanks for keying me in, if I want followers, draw traps.

After watching some Yoichi Kotabe clips, I was inspired to try some water effects animation. This is a work in progress.

Made this dumb gif just to test out my scanner and lightbox

not that Sup Forums but is for a friend !
i don't know anything about one piece but she's cute

For not knowing One Piece you definitely nailed Oda's non-existent waists.

Ok, look, what you're doing are that you're trying to follow the outline of things and that's not what you want to do. You want to get familiar with the different parts and shapes and how they work together. Try something like pic related or this video to get a better idea of it: youtube.com/watch?v=jB_SW4ry4DM

Thanks for the names!! I'm going to go with Shelly-Marie but I'll save the other names for another character!

Noice

bleh
youtube.com/watch?v=ckalha7fOQc

They're big ol batteries or something

oshee-art.tumblr.com/
This be the only art blog I'm currently updating as frequently as I can which aint a lot but here

What do you do exactly because it'd be a real shame if this was just a hobby for you.
Unless you're still in school by which case I'm even more fucking jealous

needs more muhmees

Take a simple life drawing class or watch videos about drawing in the internet, that will gelp you a lot.

Does this work?

Yeah I do it as a hobby but the idea of doing it for a living would be really neat too, although I'm not sure about that
I work retail in a small shop, saving up so I can go to cool-egg

I've made way too many Gemsonas but I like drawing in the SU art style.

not sure what you're going for but its pretty I guess

Drew the rest of this rat bastard's body

You're a louse, Jotaro Kujo.

webmshare.com/7r6Re

this segment almost done.

Yes, you got a gallery?

funny, I usually get that from stand users

Do you guys ever draw and then just lose motivation halfway through? I have plans for a webcomic and the story in my head and a draft of the first handful of pages but I just can't get myself to do any more. I'll doodle and stuff but after some pages doing that I shelve my sketchbooks until i get a slight motivation to draw again.

sometimes I do lose motivation suddenly but I usually stop drawing and go work on some gunpla or something so I don't burn out

Slightly less bored

power stone

obsidian looks like raiden

i haven't had the motivation to draw in months, or do anything for that matter, but mostly draw. i still try to force myself here and there, but i can barely finish a sketch before it sinks in that im not having fun and just give up.

Looks cute but you got a serious issue with chickenscratching, man. Even for a sketch this is really rough, try to work on your line confidence

Making an OC that pays Homage to a Certain Villain from Fox Kids Cartoon *cough*anime show.

This. It's an important habit to get into and easier than you'd think to learn.

Etemon...?

Oh man, this game. I openly sobbed when Buddy fought an illusion of Brad in Joyful.

Great art, user!

You've hit the nail right on the center of the head on the first swing!

forgot link babeh.
youtube.com/watch?v=ULmOKB3j3q8

Man, Richard Epcar really sold those lines

Didn't draw much for a while
Have a humanized Ssssssssssssshannon

i like your color style. its nice and wholesome

there should be a much longer delay between the blast and the time the wave hits the shore. Also, the wave starts too close to the foreground to make any sense. make the wave start really small right at the epicenter of the explosion and let it take a few seconds to reach the guy on the pier.

Thank you!

bemp

>page 10
bumpin' with another OC o' mine.

This has been me for a good chunk of the year. And looking at work by far better artists only makes me feel more like a failure.

idk how about this

instead of feeling that way, how about using that as a drive to become better? not the greatest piece of pep, but is still pep.

that looks cool.

pg10bump

what's the story behind the hand? reminds me of jigoku sensei nube.

My scanner isn't working and my phone won't take pictures atm so I can't show the Captain Haddock from Tintin pic I was planning on posting.

Something I whipped up in an hour

bump

It's been awhile since I've drawn anything digital but I'm trying to get back into it with some OC stuff. So here's the queen of not-Spain

Picture now not the actual size of spain

I also did a bunch of dumb doodles.