Star Wars Annual #3 (Sep 20)
Star Wars Adventures IDW (Sep 20)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=JtigV-biVGg

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BZHiPitgymC/?taken-by=instadaniellogan
twitter.com/starwars/status/909212833623138304
starwars.com/news/marco-checchetto-takes-us-behind-the-panels-of-captain-phasma-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is she, /swco/?

What is she, /swco/?

Are you a bot?

I can't believe it's been a year since I've started this.

Not to mention that all the NuCanon books make it clear that even if Yularen's rank is "only" colonel, the actual authority he wields is on par with Thrawn or Krennic as a card carrying member of the spiffy white jacket club. His men can pull up a 24/7 audio recording of any room on any imperial ship or facility and has basically the entire empire bugged. He doesn't direct ships or planets, his job is to scare the fuck out of people who do.

If Yulalren said Tarkin, or Grant, or even Vader was planning something in secret he can more or less just walk right up to Sheev with the tapes and be believed without question.

Will we ever see such a cunning and masterful villain again?

A thick piece of ass we'll never see like this on the west coast?

>A thick piece of ass

You've descriped the wrong Imperialfu.

>This was $20 USD in 2001

What Lego Star Wars set can $20 USD get me nowadays?

>I felt like characters ignored too many obvious things
like what? give examples dude

maybe ROTS could have made it more clear but the movie certainly suggests that the Jedi are aware that something is amiss with the Chancellor but their hands are basically tied

>the dialogue was wooden
agreed

>the romance lame
what would you have liked to see instead?

I'm really not trying to fuck with you man, I want to have an honest discussion about what we like and don't like

a small sub 100 brick scene that is barely bigger than the mini figs it comes with.

I've noticed that ever since autists picked up on the parts-to-price ratio Lego goes out of their way to use as many small pieces as possible to inflate the piece count and make it look like you're getting a good deal

Going through the Phantom Menace, I get the feeling George was watching too many cartoons when making the thing.

I think all of it's underlying problems come back to being a bit too graphic and cartoony in terms of timing of shots. The way a fighter falls just out of a hangar is a bit too long and flat to be a serious shot. When the Eopie farts on Jar Jar it breaks up the scene in a spot that doesn't need to have tension cut. The whole thing feels like Lucas just got really, REALLY stoned and found 90's Cartoon Network on tv one day.

I guess, George did say in a lot of pre-ep2 interviews his vision for Anakin/Padme romance scenes were of old 50's romances with cheesy dialogue and sensationalised acting, probably why it didn't feel realistic.

GL described AOTC as a mashup of a dick tracy/noir detective movie with Obi-Wan (the old diner, heavy rain on Kamino) and an old 50's romance flick with some John Carter thrown in at the arena on Geonosis (best part imo) + also some cyberpunk stuff going on if you count the coruscant chase sequence (Moebius).

In hindsight there's something quite romantic about episode II and the way it harkens back to classic cinema, it's not a great film but the tone is there.

But tcw has a ton of old movie homages in it, so does the OT. GL has always done that. One of the issues with the ST is it's trying to emulate itself rather than actual movies like the seventh samurai and buck rodgers like GL and Filoni did.

Once again, good concepts, shaky execution...

The thing about the romance is you can obviously see what George was going for, the execution isn't there because he made one bad decision early on.

TPM Anakin was a nine year old saying lines originally written for a teenager in shots boarded out for a teenager. AOTC Anakin was a dramatic telenovella romance character caught in a political drama. ROTS Anakin suffered because he had to make up for the last two versions and rush development that he should have had across a trilogy and is only seen if you watch those films multiple times to squint and see George's intentions.

Ah yes, it's the weekend and Rig Nema user is free from his job and can welcome all the new threads with 'What is she /swco/?'. Hope your work week went as well as mine Rig Nema user.

fuck, I had that one. used to play with it a lot.

Who knows where it went

My favourite was when you surprised us the first time you used a webm

Was golden

see this is a really good talking point, I still can't decide if making Anakin kid is worth sacrificing the character development or not

on the one hand I think it's very inspired that George researched child psychology and wanted all of Anakin's problems to stem from his parenting

on the other hand as you say it really truncates his development because it becomes painted in broad strokes over a decade

I don't want to outright call it a bad decision but it's certainly the source of a lot of peoples' problems with the movies

The Disney SS cosplayer is kinda THICC though

Make it 25$ and I get you some nice things:

TX-130 / IFT-X with Aayla Secura
Lukes Landspeeder
TPM Duel on Naboo
Yodas JSF
Kanans really oversized Speeder Bike with crates
Hoth Attack with one rebel, one snowtrooper and Han Solo
Carbonite Freezing Chamber with ughnaut, Boba and Han
Obi-Wans Jedi interceptor
Vaders transformation
ANH Droid Escape Pod

Vehicles like the TIE Fighter above are 50$ most of the time because they make them more in scale nowadays and TIEs are rather huge.
Why they make X-Wings into 80$ sets now is a mystery to me though.

Kill the pretender

The s-foils usually work on the X-wings. Point of motion = $$$

Why the hell do they still give young Obi-Wan the stupid generic parted hair after almost 20 goddamn years? I know for a fact they've had a crew cut style piece for at least as long.

Because TCW is still canon and it helps flesh out some stuff, like giving people more PT era space battles outside of Naboo and Coruscant. I guarantee you they won't use more than necessary for gameplay reasons.

> Battle of Ryloth
> clone fighters are V-Wings and ARC-170s instead of V-19s

> Baker and Woods voice for the clones and droids because the TCW droid voice was practically the same in ROTS and Baker is cheaper than Temura Morrison and there is no point in trying to hire another imitator

> Yoda has a regular Eta-Actis 2, not his special midget version from the Voices/Sacrifice episodes

> fast AT-RTs make much more sense than BF2s slow AT-RTs because they are basically motorcycles with legs design-wise and they were fast in SW Galaxies, too so not exactly a TCW-only thing

> Clones in officer uniforms may be TCW but the uniform itself is from ROTS and putting clones under it makes more sense for casuals as it's the clone army and it saves on voice work, hiring other actors for that class

And that's already everything covered from the revealed trailers and gameplay that may be inspired from TCW.

The functions is the same since 2004 and that one was 50$ and came with Yodas hut as an extra.
I would say the problem lies more with Lego fucking with set sizes too often for no reason.

Newest AAT was a 25$ set, too small to utilize quarter UFO parts for its dish main body, instead it used curved pieces that were far too steep.
And 6 months later they release a 30$ set of the Naboo Flash Speeder. A literal space car is bigger than the main battle tank.

Finally somebody else who seees it! The only figure with orange crew cut is a Raimi Spier-Man Norman Osborne from 2003, luckily I found the part on Bricklink for cheap one time.
The newest AOTC Anakin had it worst with nougat colored slicked back business man hair, literally Draco Malfoy. For some reason Lego doesn't use the crew cut outside of Ninjago sets since 2009.

Just bought Battlefront because it's like 5 dollars or something with all DLCs.

Is anyone still playing this? Can we get some Sup Forumsmrades together for this?

At this point I'm beginning to suspect he might be.

I know who Snoke is. There is a character who suffered a terrible head injury all the way back in the first STAR WARS.

Jesus you must be fun at parties.

I bet you will still be jumping through hoops to explain why Dice isn't REALLY adding TCW stuff even after they drop a trailer showing Ahsoka.

The main issue with Anakin being nine in TPM is that nothing that happens to him in the rest of the prequels would have been any less impactful than if he had just been 17 during TPM.

Yeah his mom gets killed, but did he have to not see her for a decade to have impact on his character? Would we not believe that him watching his own mother die wasn't a big deal unless he hadn't seen her for ten years. I would go berserk if I saw my mother die right before my eyes and I just saw her a week ago.

>after they drop a trailer showing Ahsoka.
Just to be pedantic, she wasn't shown. Only heard. Not the same thing.

instagram.com/p/BZHiPitgymC/?taken-by=instadaniellogan
>implying tamura wouldn't be perfect for an old boba

No i meant when they inevitably show her as an actual hero like Dennis teased, not the last trailer where she was heard which was already damnit.

I'm sure they only put that in to fuck with fans.

He really fucking would.

I already did it, didn't I?

I would give you Ahsoka but right now it's literally one line in a trailer. I bet she ends up in the very last DLC update so people have the least time playing with her since the game will be dead very fast right in time for BF3.

>I bet she ends up in the very last DLC update so people have the least time playing with her since the game will be dead very fast right in time for BF3.
Jesus dude, why are you being spiteful when everyone is getting what we want

I try my best to like this game but when the leaks are correct the game will still be extremely light on content in general and prequels won't take more than a third and have only 2 heroes.
The Updates will probably be few and as far apart as the DLC packs for BF1 and they will definitely fuck up the schedule like BF1 where the Death Star and space battles are second to last while top-priorty was given to Greedo v.s. Nien fucking Numb on Tatooine.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who sees a Mando helmet in the top left corner.

It's the Han Solo film, user. Boba is all but assured to be in it.

So far the Han/Boba rivalry hasn't really appeared in canon, has it?

Outside of the OT, not yet.

So far no.

>Baker is cheaper than Temura Morrison
He was already Boba Fett in BF1

>rey is good at stuff
>mary sue

>jyn erso literally portrays every single trait of a mary sue, twice the amount of Rey
>"wow, such a better character"

twitter.com/starwars/status/909212833623138304

What did the Official Star Wars Twitter mean by this?

>95384112(you)

That's all you get

>provides no proof
>only has a fallacious argument without quoting people in the thread

Soundtrack preview+Rey training teaser

inb4 jyn is a mary sue pasta

New trailer soon. And about time.

You aren't wrong. Rey beating up two dudes who stand there and let her hit them isn't made better or worse than Rey using a stick half as big to beat an entire squad of fully armed and armored stormtroopers who could easily just shoot her.

What defined the OT is that people were regular humans who had to actually duck and take cover in a fight and didn't just go WOW SO BADASS. Even when Luke's had a few years with a god damn lightsaber under his belt he still takes cover and uses a gun like a regular person until he's a full Jedi knight and there's no cover available to begin with, and when there is he tries anyway multiple times when fighting Vader on Endor.

It's the same shit as Poe killing 10 TIE fighters in 30 seconds. It has no weight or meaning.

>It's the same shit as Poe killing 10 TIE fighters in 30 seconds. It has no weight or meaning.
This I could almost accept, with Poe beimg the best Pilot in the resistance, but they just gave him way too many kills. If it were like 3 or 4, sure.

I hope you get cancer in the ass and balls and die a slow painful death

I CLAPPED WHEN POE BLEW UP THE TIE FIGHTERS

Still got that one. One of my favorites when I was little.
In fact I have every Star Wars Lego set ever released. Waiting on double VIP points month to buy the next wave.

please tell me im not the only who thinks ron howard looks like an older JJ

also is that paul bettany?

Nah, he looks like the MadTV kid

>It's the same shit as Poe killing 10 TIE fighters in 30 seconds. It has no weight or meaning.
as if that scene wasn't bad enough we have to literally be told "THATS ONE HELL OF A PILOT"

>So far the Han/Boba rivalry hasn't really appeared in canon, has it?

No. Why would it? Before the bounty Jabba put on his head Han was a nobody.

The ship battles in TCW were so much better than what we get in Rebels.

Not really related to your comment, but it seems like cartoons and movies is where we get the most kid friendly star wars. While in the books and comics its more brutal and darker, more adult if you will.

That's because every ship and laser is an asset that has to be placed and that costs money Disney did not give Rebels.

>In fact I have every Star Wars Lego set ever released
pics now

I guess we can thank George then.

Jyn beat up stormtroppers, she was good at h2h and blasters, which was because she was a soldier for most of her life, that's it

Rey is good in h2h, blasters (instantly), the force (instantly), lightsabers (instantly), flight (instantly), linguistics, engineering. And everyone loves her instantly

You might as well say Han is a mary sue because he was good at flying and shooting.

I'm to lazy to do that right now. The shelves take up my whole room and closet. In fact, I had to buy new display cabinets and put them in the basement to make room for the last wave.

>flight (instantly)
(wrong)
It's canon that she learned how to fly from Imperial flight programs in the few working computers of the downed ships on Jakku.

she also says in the movie that she's flown plenty but never broken atmosphere

He's like that because JJ hates the prequels and wanted to shit on literally everything in them, so he created an entire character to one up Anakin as the "best pilot in the galaxy"

>also is that paul bettany?
Yes

The scene looked shit.

There was no speed to it, no power. It was like how a kid would draw air to air combat.

Chrome 3PO?
Final Duel I and II?
Cloud City?

Why are all these threads about shitting on other Star Wars fans?

Hey fuck you pal

Because everywhere else shits on us

Truly the worst and best fandom.

From a certain point of view

that Yoda From A Certain POV audiobook chapter leak is really wonderful

because SW fans are the dumbest fanbase

>one of the biggest fanbases on earth

>fans still think they're persecuted against

say it with me

persecution complex

Fuck your cyber nigger ass

well what do you expect on a site whose biggest boards are v and pol

Post positive things about the sequel trilogy

>mayhew training his apprentice
One day, Suotamo will challenge and kill Mayhew, and Mayhew will die happy, knowing that ge raised a worthy apprentice

>there are Star Wars fans in this thread

Rey and Finn are fun
Kylo is interesting
Snoke's gold bathrobe
Canto Bight seems cool
Nice humor
Forceback was cool + Ewan
Crimson Corsair is a baller
TLJ seems like it might be good?

Yes, but not the one made of actual 14-karat gold.
Yes.
Yes. Still laughing at how everyone said it was shitty and now begging for a new release.
I even got those sets that came with 3 characters and cards before Hasbro put the kibosh to it.

Meanwhile here's Kenny's replacement

Can anyone tell me Galaxy of Heroes secrets?

The First Order seems interesting and after reading Bloodlines the Resistance is pretty interesting too.

Old Man Luke looks nice.

The action scenes in TFA are pretty exciting.

TLJ is looking like a pretty good film.

starwars.com/news/marco-checchetto-takes-us-behind-the-panels-of-captain-phasma-1
The art for Phasma was already great, but these work in progress panels are just as cool

Name a more wasted concept in Star Wars

I have that one. It's built and in my closet rn

Too bad we never got to see who the guy under the mask was