Marvel Legacy #1 Hype Thread

Out on Wednesday

>Hype
>Post Secret Wars Marvel

wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

I'm going to read the Starbrand vs. Ghost Driver fight and that's it. Don't give a fuck about the rest.

It's literally CAVENGERS.

There's nothing to be hyped about.

>only Post Secret Wars Marvel is bad
Is this going to become the accepted view of history from now on? Marvel was bad for YEARS prior to Secret Wars.

What hype? It just new numbering with same bullshit as ever.

I'm interested. Cavengers sounds cool.

>We could have had a crossover with the Marvel Universe and Star Wars
>We get this instead
So disappointed.

Why do people make hype threads? Shouldn't hype be more spontaneous?

I honestly gave up on marvel.. which i'm honestly glad too because i used to only really read marvel and now I read DC,Indie, and 3rd party shit... currently reading The Goon and thats some good shit right there

Drops on the 27th, not the 20th. Sorry for the disappointment (on top of the disappointment you'll probably have upon reading it in the first place).

See: It's LITERALLY CAVENGERS. Only shills and marvel interns could possibly think this is anything but absolute fucking garbage.

They already spoilered the surprise twist character coming back Surprise!!!! It's no one interesting or fun.

What exactly is uninteresting about a group of gods and cosmic beings gathering together to fight the Celestials in prehistoric times?
Do you have any argument other than repeating "it's Cavengers" over and over?

Funny how all of those went wrong.

> I claim this planet in the name of Asgard

It's written by Aaron. He'll find a way to make it boring. He always finds a way. He's a shit writer.

None of the characters look interesting.

And fighting Celestials doesn't automatically make them cool. Thor hit one in Uncanny Avengers with his magic axe and it was still shit. Adding prehistoric automosphere to it doesn't make it interesting.

The big "reveal" is them bringing back Jean Grey (a character no one wanted back).

Also, it's CAVENGERS.

*mic drop*

This would have been better.
>Captain America holds up a Stormtrooper's helmet
>"We are being invaded...."

It's more like Legacy was hyped up to be Marvel's answer to Rebirth and was promised to bring back all of our favorites and then we get cavengers and it turns out Legacy is just a rushed messed

I am confused...I thought that legacy were the comic variants imitating old covers.
What is this legacy 1? Is a compendium of previews?

Do you think Alex Ross ever gets depressed that DC doesn't have any projects for him right now? He's a massive DCFag but all his work recently has been for Marvel.

Doing covers for Slott must feel terrible.

He's the one who quit after the new 52

This is a DC board, fuck off and take this shit to plebbit.

It was nowhere near as bad as it is now.

The only legacy hype that I have, is for what new unis they'll add to future fight.

Captain America and Thor look like old men in that cover. Hulk face is seriously fucked up too.
Don´t they have some quality control for this promotional posters?

It's gonna be DOA

I think Marvel just won't stop hiring him to do covers. Probably trying to cash in on Ross' fame.

Doesn't he sperg out at having to do any modern characters? I think he absolutely refuses to draw Kyle Rayner. I can only imagine his apathy since he has Moon Girl, Squirrel Girl and Kamala on there.

I think Legacy is truly the best time to finally drop Marvel for good
Now don't ask me why I didn't do that before, cause not even I know
But this just feels like the appropriate stopping point

meh, I still barely have any idea of what it's going to be about besides vague generic covers with a bunch of heroes posing.

Wihat's the bets on CBR and /r/comicbooks defending this? Better yet, will any comic sites state that this is, "Better than Rebirth" or "Rebirth done right".

Because discussing media we're passionate about with others feels good. If it's pre-release of said media, we can speculate what is it about and later, see if any of those speculations come to fruition. It's interesting.
If you're not autistic, don't think I'm condescending, please. I made an assumption that you are based on your question.

Think of this as Marvel's Rebirth
Literally

Alex literally left for marvel because he kept having autistic fits whenever asked to draw newer DC characters like Kyle. He can only work at marvel because his autism isn't triggered because he cares less about the heroes he's drawing.

>It's written by Aaron. He'll find a way to make it boring. He always finds a way. He's a shit writer.
Early Wolverine and the X-Men, Thor before Jane aside from the Malekith arc, Ghost Rider, Southern Bastards, Punisher MAX. He has as many good books as bad ones, like many writers that are disregarded around here because people can't see past their most recent high profile book.
>None of the characters look interesting.
Odin, Agamotto, Mammoth Rider, and Starbrand all immediately draw my interest. I'm also curious at the caveman martial arts of Iron Fist.
>And fighting Celestials doesn't automatically make them cool. Thor hit one in Uncanny Avengers with his magic axe and it was still shit. Adding prehistoric automosphere to it doesn't make it interesting.
It's a battle of gods at the dawn of mankind. That may not be your thing, but you'd have to be brain damaged to think it appeals to no one. For me it brings to mind Kirby's Eternals and fosters anticipation for more of that mythology.
>The big "reveal" is them bringing back Jean Grey (a character no one wanted back).
And? Are you a casual idiot who thinks big reveals and change for the sake of change are all that matter? It's thinking like that that gave us the abortion that is Manhattan getting involved in Rebirth. Since I'm not enough of a battered housewife to read X-books I don't care about Jean Grey being alive or dead, and it doesn't matter since there's already a version of her running around.
>Also, it's CAVENGERS.
Yes, a group of gods and cosmic beings gathering together to fight the Celestials in prehistoric times. Cavengers is a cool concept. Like Demon Knights in a way.

But Rebirth is already Rebirth done right
Anyone that has the balls to say that Legacy is looking to be better is just a fucking mindless shill

Unfortunately for Marvel it's going to be this kind of rebirth.

Remember when marvel boasted that they had a legacy announcement that would break the internet, which just turned out to be a bunch of shitty covers, and then they tried desperately to run it back?

Yeah, legacy was dead before it even launched.

WatXM is trash

Yeah, sadly
I have sticked with Marvel even when no one else would, but honestly this is just as far as I go
Time to move over to DC

>which just turned out to be a bunch of shitty covers
It was hilarious how they were trying to sell the idea of variant covers as something new and never before done when they've been kings at the art of making a shit ton of variants.

Shouldn't you be pissing on Thor some more, Aaron?

It is not a argument guys.

I'm sorry to ask, but why is Iron Man in shit armor again?

>Better than Rebirth" or "Rebirth done right".
Probably Bleedingcool. They said a similar thing with Hydracap. Someone has that image. It was hilarious.

Tony is comatose after CW2 but managed to make his mind into an AI in some older armor.

The only similarities between this and Rebirth are marketing. Rebirth is the first part of an event storyline outlined by Johns and Legacy is a showcase for various plots different writers will be doing in their own books, not unlike Point One and other one-shots Marvel tends to do before their yearly post-event branding.

CBR is marvel shill central, those motherfuckers have been drinking the kool-aid for years so of course they'll praise every single turd that marvel plops out.

oh damn
it sounds like he's starting over per-se, with the armor design buildup
>thanks

It's just a cover/promo image with shit art.

The real story is Cavengers.

I thought he was dead.

He'll probably stick in that armor until he wakes up eventually.

Cavengers is one of several stories in it.

Nah just comatose.

Wasnt Hellcat before Secret Wars?

Nope, it was ANAD. Civil War 2 tie-in that Leth had to rewrite because they changed She-Hulk from "dead" to "coma."

I'm more hyped for Kamala & Carol Generations.

Why? The Generations books have ranged from mediocre to outright terrible.

Does not Marvel has anything that is not Avengers or Inhumans? Don´t they want to hype anything else?

Not if they don't have their movie rights.

X-men comics post IvsX has continued the trend of being completely flaccid.

>Hype Thread

SAD.

That art is horrible

No one but the same 5 users/marvel interns and the Mosaic writer defend Marvel anymore on CBR

So soon? Huh, I thought it was in October.

OP was wrong. It's not out until the 27th, which is almost October.

They hype GotG up every once in a while.
Their other cosmic properties can rot in hell for all they care, even if they have the movie rights

>whathaveibecome.jpg

>Ross is a DCFag
On the podcasts I've listened to him on he seemed more like a Marvel guy

He does covers for Slott ASM and Waid Avengers. Dude is prob drinking himself to sleep every night.

not going to lie, Mammoth Ghost Rider looks cool in a "I'm 7 years old and this is cool" kind of way

Who's going to storytime The Obsidian Age when this releases?

Please no.

>doesn't have any projects for him
I bet DC would love to have him work on his stuff. Ross refuses to work or them after the New 52.

He actually does shit for DC just not regularly like he does for Marvel

He did a Harley variant recently

I kinda wished they went with the modular armor for Iron Man instead of the 60's~70's style. I feel like it's a more iconic look.

Couple of questions:

What do I need to get to read Cavengers? This and something else? Has it been announced?

Does anyone have a list of all of the relaunched titles? I don't think anything interests me but might as well take a look.

Rumor is that Aaron is going to take over Avengers after Waid's run finishes this Fall and will continue the Cavengers story there, which will probably start with Avengers #800.

We don't have any hard confirmation either way though so for now, just this.

Pre Secret Wars Marvel still had some good comics like Waid Daredevil and Superior Foes and several others. Plus the Nu52 (in particular DC You) made Marvel seem good by comparison. There are barely any Post Secret Wars Marvel titles I'd even give a 6/10 and to top things off Rebirth makes them seem even more like shit

The new books are:
>Falcon
>Marvel Two-in-One
>Captain America
>Moon Knight
>Runaways
>Spirits of Vengeance (mini)
>Dazzler (one-shot)
>Master of Kung-fu (one-shot)
>Silver Sable and the Wild Pack (one-shot)
>Not Brand Echh (one-shot)
>Power Pack (one-shot)
>Darkhawk (one-shot)
With a few books (Dr. Strange, Renew Your Vows, Thanos, Cable, maybe a couple others I'm not sure on) getting new creative teams.

Everything else is just a continuation of current books.

Is this "hype" thread going as you planned?

I might be too autistic to accept Sapiens at 1,000,000 BC. Only acceptable if Aaron references the first Celestial Host.

>Not Brand ECCHH
oh shit- are they going to show any sense of self awareness and make of their current ros-
>written by Nick Spencer
Oh Well, I expected anything...really I had it coming.

He's only doing a story in it. But the real bit of comedy? This is the last thing he's solicited to do at Marvel. He's not on any Legacy books, and other than this one story, is missing up to and including the December solicitations

I can't wait for nothing surprising to happen.

Oh damn...so this might be a piece of history.
>"Possibly The last story Thicc Nick SJWdispencer got paid to do at Marvel".
It's too bad they didn't axe Alonso or bomb Brevoort too.
>all the way to December.
Ahh...2 months quiet is still quiet.

He didn't do anything for them much either before the New 52 you dumbfuck. He does some Batman 66' Covers and updated his old Harley and Joker drawing. Nothing "soured" the relationship, he just hasn't done a lot for them recently. He wasn't doing a ton before the N52 either. He done tons, by Ross standards, of books for dc over like 20 years (From regular covers on JSA for a long time, to the 6 dini books, to justice, to kingdom come), he's just doing some other stuff right now. There's not always drama when someone just wants to work for someone else.

Who else has fucked up as horribly as he has? Hard mode is not including crimes

The first several arcs, basically until AvX ended were quite fun
I'm miffed it exists because of all the damage done to the previous era of X, but it was an enjoyable book.

I just finished Godbomb. Liked it a ton.