White Identity Rising: BUT WHY??

Experts agree: White identity politics is on the rise, and it’s driven by diversity and expressed through Donald Trump. That’s what a study by two psychology academics found
qz.com/816229/a-lot-of-people-in-the-us-are-suddenly-identifying-as-white/

Why is White identity rising and how can we stop it, Sup Forums?

invited
>people who reject slavish collectivism
uninvited
>racists, SJWs (same shit)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Many political commentators credit Donald Trump’s rise to white voters’ antipathy toward racial and ethnic minorities. However, we believe this focus on racial resentment obscures another important aspect of racial thinking.

>In a study of white Americans’ attitudes and candidate preferences, we found that Trump’s success reflects the rise of “white identity politics”—an attempt to protect the collective interests of white voters via the ballot box. Whereas racial prejudice refers to animosity toward other racial groups, white identity reflects a sense of connection to fellow white Americans.

>We’re not the first to tie Trump’s candidacy to white identity politics. But our data provide some of the clearest evidence that ongoing demographic changes in the United States are increasing white racial identity. White identity, in turn, is pushing white Americans to support Trump.

ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD THING IS INSANE, THIS MEANS A HORRIBLE DIVIDED FUTURE

fuck off you post this thread every single day
reminder that op is a shill or a bot

>When we talk about white identity, we’re not referring to the alt-right fringe, the white nationalist movement, or others who espouse racist beliefs. Rather, we’re talking about everyday white Americans who, perhaps for the first time, are racially conscious.

>The concept of “garden variety” white racial identity stands in contrast to conventional wisdom. In the last three decades of scholarship on whiteness as a race, the prevailing view has been that most whites fail to notice their own whiteness. In a society dominated by white people, whiteness simply fades into the background. Just as fish fail to notice the water around them, whites are unlikely to think about how they are members of a distinct group.

>Our research shows that the era of “white invisibility” is coming to a close.

>Non-Hispanic whites are projected to become a minority in the year 2044. This increasing diversity across the country is making whites’ own race harder and harder to ignore. Political and social phenomena, from Barack Obama’s presidency to the Black Lives Matter movement, are making whiteness even more salient to white Americans.

this is an issue that matters to me and I only posted it YESTERDAY. Also I blame Obama primarily. As always, I support Trump but not racism! Fuck off, Estonia

>As whites increasingly sense that their status in society is falling, white racial identity is becoming politicized. Trump’s promise to “make America great again” speaks to these anxieties by recalling a past in which white people dominated every aspect of politics and society. That’s why media outlets from New York Magazine to The National Review have dubbed Trump an “ethnonationalist” candidate.

>Hillary Clinton counters Trump’s exclusionary rhetoric with her message that all Americans are “Stronger Together.”

>To test our ideas about Trump and white identity politics, we surveyed a nationally representative sample of about 1,700 white Americans. The survey covered racial identities, attitudes, and political preferences. In examining the relationship between white identity and ethnic diversity, we chose to focus on an ethnic minority of particular salience in contemporary politics: Hispanics. More than any other group, Hispanics have been in the Trump campaign’s crosshairs.

>Do whites from heavily Hispanic neighborhoods show stronger white racial identity? To measure identity, we used a widely-used questionnaire. On a five-point scale, participants rated their agreement with items such as “Being a white person is an important part of how I see myself” and “I feel solidarity with other white people.” As shown in the graph below, there is a positive relationship between exposure to Hispanics and white respondents’ sense of racial identity.

Why contain it?

>And does white identity lead to support for Donald Trump? We examined the relationship between white identity and respondents’ likelihood of supporting Trump for the presidency versus Hillary Clinton or several Republican primary challengers. Consistent with others’ analyses, white identity strongly predicts a preference for Trump.

>Whites at the high end of the racial identity scale are more than four times as likely to support Trump than those at the low end of the scale. Perhaps that’s because whites highest in racial identity are also the ones most likely to harbor negative attitudes against Latinos. Indeed, we found white identity was significantly correlated with another characteristic—prejudice.

>However, differences in prejudice don’t explain the relationship between white identity and Trump support. The pattern in the figure above was tested while statistically controlling for levels of anti-Hispanic prejudice. Because the relationship between identity and support for Trump remains strong, we are confident that white identity independently predicts greater Trump support.

I have Hispanic friends and live in a diverse area. I don't want identity politics to start fucking things up, possibly leading to conflict. Can't we all just put differences aside?

Every action causes an equal and opposite reaction. If people are attacked for being white, they'll embrace being white more.

>We’ve seen that living close to Hispanics leads whites to develop a strong sense of racial identity and that strong racial identity is associated with support for Donald Trump. We should therefore expect that whites in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods support Trump more often than those in neighborhoods with fewer Hispanics. This prediction gains credence from work by political scientist Ryan Enos, who finds that everyday exposure to Latinos can increase support for restrictive immigration policies.

>Whites’ support for Donald Trump is, in fact, greatest in areas with a large Hispanic population.

>These findings leave open a crucial question: Do whites in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods support Trump because they tend to be high in white identity? Using a statistical approach called “mediation analysis,” we tested whether white identity accounted for the relationship between exposure to Hispanics and support for Trump. We found that identity does indeed serve as a significant link between Hispanic exposure and Trump support.

>Trump, despite his outsize importance as a candidate and symbol, will eventually fade from the political scene. We therefore sought to examine the interplay of demographics and identity beyond the context of his candidacy. Specifically, we asked respondents for their views on white identity politics itself.

>We’ve seen that living close to Hispanics leads whites to develop a strong sense of racial identity and that strong racial identity is associated with support for Donald Trump. We should therefore expect that whites in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods support Trump more often than those in neighborhoods with fewer Hispanics. This prediction gains credence from work by political scientist Ryan Enos, who finds that everyday exposure to Latinos can increase support for restrictive immigration policies.

>Whites’ support for Donald Trump is, in fact, greatest in areas with a large Hispanic population.

>These findings leave open a crucial question: Do whites in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods support Trump because they tend to be high in white identity? Using a statistical approach called “mediation analysis,” we tested whether white identity accounted for the relationship between exposure to Hispanics and support for Trump. We found that identity does indeed serve as a significant link between Hispanic exposure and Trump support.

>Trump, despite his outsize importance as a candidate and symbol, will eventually fade from the political scene. We therefore sought to examine the interplay of demographics and identity beyond the context of his candidacy. Specifically, we asked respondents for their views on white identity politics itself.

THIS IS THE REAL HAPPENING, AGAIN THIS IS NOT FUCKING GOOD THIS IS TERRIFYING. I OPPOSE ALL IDENTITY POLITICS ALSO.

OOPS THIS IS A REPOST OF POST 5.

here is post 6

6. THE LAST POST
>We had participants rate their agreement with a series of statements. For example: “There is nothing wrong with a white person choosing to support a political candidate because that candidate is white” and “Blacks, Latinos, and Asians engage in ‘identity politics,’ and there’s nothing wrong with whites doing the same.”

>Exactly the same patterns emerged for these questions as for Trump support: Endorsement of white identity politics was highest in heavily Hispanic neighborhoods and was strongly correlated with white racial identity. These results suggest that America’s growing ethnic diversity is creating a politicized form of white identity that has clear repercussions for future elections.

>Why does it matter that whites’ politics are driven by concerns about the interests of their racial group? It suggests that racial bias increasingly reflects attention to the welfare of one’s own group rather than animus toward other groups. These collective concerns are only going to become more pronounced as the nation becomes more diverse.

>Recent research in social psychology suggests that when whites engage in discrimination based on their perceived collective interests, it’s hard to convince them that such discrimination is wrong. After all, doesn’t every group have a right to prioritize its own members? We believe our results portend increasing difficulty in achieving the democratic aim of getting race out of American politics.

bump

Their chutzpah is breathtaking. Call Whites racists while exterminating them. Have Jewish privilege, decry White privilege in White countries. Do slave trade, blame it on evil White men. Steal Palestine through ethnic cleansing, abolish White countries through immigration genocide. Kill 12,000,000 Ukrainians, 3,000,000 Armenians, muh Holocash (maybe Karma?)

Had a second look at Ayn Rand. Same bullshit as the rest of her Jewish tribe. She is the “prophet” of individualism, but what good is individualism if you don’t help your kin? We all are gonna die. She never criticized Israel, and there’s plenty to criticize in Israel.

Jews are Whites when they do slave trade and own Monsanto, they are Black when they lead SPLC, NAACP, BLM, SJW.

Promote and finance wars then claim you are spiritually evolved to head a one world government to bring everlasting peace.

If all Jews disappeared overnight our civilization would immediately begin to right itself. They initiated the progressive propaganda and social justice movement, they solely sustain it, they are the enemy.

Their chutzpah comes from their ability to believe their own lies. They are the masters of hypocrisy, double and triple standards, and subversion.

Two wrongs don't make a right. Jews might be too tribal but that doesn't mean it's morally right to become tribal, too. This is why identity is a slippery slope. Just be human, not "Danish" or "Chinese" or "White" or "Black".

Tribalism is just divide and conquer globalist bullshit imho.

You can't just be human. We are not equal. We don't want the same things. We don't think in the same way.

The US should be a white country, with a small (>10%) percentage of unbleached immigrants. Islam in particular has no place there.
However all those who live there, especially citizens, but including legal migrants, should have the same rights, responsibilities, civic duties and opportunities.

globalism vs tribalism is divide and conquer within tribes, which are the only sane form of human association
kys

I'm against immigration but I think everyone, including Whites, needs to slowly get rid of tribal identity. Stop thinking about yourself as part of a race you know?

Tribes are primitive shit, we're way beyond that. Tribal identity is fucked up. Also I hate Islam and one of the big reasons is how tribal most Muslims are.

Just because someone isn't "in my tribe" means nothing.

>we're beyond tribalism
Tell that to every other race you dumkompf. Whites are being out-competed by other groups acting as cohesive units. In-group preferential groups always dominate groups of individuals with no in-group preference. As a direct result of our nation being flooded with nonwhites, we must now revert to tribalism (in-group bias) in order to remain competitive.

the tribe is like an extension of the family, you have to consider humanity on different levels wether you adress to individuals or to larger groups of people.

That means you don't reduce an individual to the people he belongs to. But when adressing to hundreds, thousands of people, it's common sense to take in consideration where they come from.

the people with the most sense of belonging to their tribe (or whatever you call it), in my experience, were the most respectful of individuals and had a sense of hospitality for guests that we occidental individualists can't grasp anymore.

That's just the sane and natural way of living as a people. Primitive doesn't always mean that it's a bad thing

But if we as White people become more tribal, it will become IMPOSSIBLE to show Blacks and Browns that they should stop practicing identity politics. They believe the media lies about Whites being racist.

They are just pawns of the globalists. Nonwhites without media indoctrination would be normal people, not our enemies.

Identity politics is the real blue pill. I don't love my family because they have the same genes as me, I love them because they're good to me.

Love based on genetics is chimpanzee-tier shit. We're advanced, honestly.

pic=pol

>The same thread
>every fucking day
Sage.
Btw white identity is not rising so you can sleep comfortably

I made this thread for the first time YESTERDAY.

>every fucking day
That's a strawman. kys

Cool. Hopefully people keep pushing whites towards the edge.

We all remember what happened to the last ethnic group that pissed off whites.

>Welcoming more tribal conflict
Are you fucking insane???

>Btw white identity is not rising so you can sleep comfortably
I fucking hope so. This is making me extremely worried.

Pluralism is a beautiful thing that should not be thrown away just because the media might be biased.

>Whites are a global minority
>Whites are quickly becoming minorities in their own countries
>If you are White and question or oppose the above, you are an evil racist
>Whites are blamed for every problem on the planet
>Whites are demonized and vilified on a daily basis, by their own people, in their own countries
>People are SOMEHOW surprised that White people are getting pissed the fuck off

By ballot or by bullet, white people will change the course. When? Who knows.

But it will happen. History shows it. Except next time we won't be killing each other.

>it will become IMPOSSIBLE to show Blacks and Browns that they should stop practicing identity politics

They will never listen to you, cracker.

It means white people are going to elect more extreme republicans in red states and we will actually get our race war/civil war when the feds push them too hard

Good luck fighting against the agenda of another hostile tribe when you yourself don't identify with your own tribe, it's literally impossible.

You might be right, which scares me. I'm just not ready to embrace tribalism. I feel like we'll all regret it, in the end

>are you insane
Wew lad, its like you found Sup Forums yesterday

Embracing tribalism doesn't necessarily mean that you have to be outright hostile to other 'tribes' just for the hell of it.

Embrace your tribe or embrace Muslims and niggers.

Oh hey, he's changed his name.

I have been on and off here for a year, or so. I really hate anti whites and SJWs. I think anti whites are sick, horrible people. Obviously, I support Trump. But I still feel like fullblown racism is just.... like the final option.

We should be extremely careful to become racist, it's like the last resort.

maybe you should go back to r/thedonald friend

I mean I hate most people, Whites included. I'm a loner. I can't imagine like feeling a tribal connection to anyone except maybe my mom, dad and sister.

Other than that, no.

It's an interesting topic. Also living in California I sense more racial tension, it's under the surface. This is a huge problem and I blame Obama and anti whites.

Being pro White is just as insane and wrong as anti White. Just be HUMAN

Because fuck you that's why

I don't see Muslims or Blacks as a separate tribe, just as people who are brainwashed into thinking collectivism is the only way to be. They can change.

Nations are fine but extreme xenophobia is primitive and most westerners are way beyond that, now.

Get me?

I've been here off and on since it started. Before 4ch I was hanging out at Something Awful, etc. Let me give you a small piece of advice: run while you still can.

The problem is we have sold our technology to more numerous peoples (china, india, sand people,...). The fight is lost, we all are at the same technology level and it's only our fault.

i bet that's the same way the chinese felt about giving us gunpowder

>Why is White identity rising and how can we stop it, Sup Forums?

We cant, as long as rampant immigration is pushed and minority rights groups exist white people will feel the need more and more to defend themselves. And we can't oppose those groups without resorting to the same tactics as them, giving them justification.

All that's left to do is sit back and enjoy the ride...

I'm not personally offended by the racism here, I just think it's too extreme, get me? Like I feel like 99% of you would be libertarians like me if not for all the insane anti white propaganda. I sympathize with you all feeling like you do.

I just think that racism is never the answer. But I love Sup Forums. Peace, guys.

It's a reaction to the left, user.

Some people may be proud of being white, but it's mostly a F*** YOU to the left.

I'm so excited my nips are erect.

I like White people being nonracist and treating everyone the same. I don't want white people to die out, either. But if we become racist we will lose something beautiful about our culture: openness, tolerance, respect.

It would be insanely sad to see western civilization become xenophobic!

See wtf you don't get it. This means a lot of pain in the ass to come. Collectivism is seriously a mental illness. We are all just individuals.

Stop falling for divide and conquer tactics!

>Why is White identity rising
This is what happens when you play racial identiy politics and first leave whites out and then demonize them.
>and how can we stop it, Sup Forums?
Whites wanted a colorblind society before Obama got in and the leftists went batshit crazy. Since leftists have given us a big "fuck you" to that, the only solution left is to deport all non-whites back to Mexico, Africa, the Middle East, Asia, or Antarctica for the products of race-mixing.

>ANYONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A GOOD THING IS INSANE, THIS MEANS A HORRIBLE DIVIDED FUTURE
You're an idiot. Don't blame whites for something non-whites have insisted on creating.

Don't forget, you are here forever. You are in the bargaining phase. Acceptance comes soon, be ready.

/thread

The Jews won't like this

>The problem is we have sold our technology to more numerous peoples (china, india, sand people,...). The fight is lost, we all are at the same technology level and it's only our fault.
That's how shitskins think. Technology isn't a fixed quantity. Only whites can really invent anything good. All we did was crank the difficulty rating of global politics to "hard" mode.

I'll never accept racism, sorry. I just think it's wrong. But obviously White racism is the least wrong type of racism, since it's responding to real anti White oppression.

They forgot to say that it's driven by mad raging butthurt white autistic virginal faggots. That's the real conclusion of this study.

A Horrible divided future? Not for whites.....
m.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGqG3grTrg

>How do we stop it
We don't. It is a natural consequence of identity the politics being pushed for the last decade. If you want to stop white identity politics then build a time machine.

OP here,

the study didn't say that. troll

This is the 4th thread you fucking faggot. Go die.

I think it's clearly implicit in their conclusions. They just chose to use less disparaging and impolite language, but here we can speak freely and announce what a massive emotional rage white nationalist are fucking always in, like a toddler who doesn't get everything that he wants all at once.

White/European identity =/= Racism so you can relax.

it's driven by every person who isnt white suddenly has the most valued identity according to people who are wrong

false

>OP here

How new are you, you fucking faggot?

True you dumb nigger you didn't even change the pics. Go gas yourself.

The problem here is you can't see anything pass your on personal experience. No one gives a fuck about your spic friends, and understand that "white identity on the rise is bad" doesn't do shit fir you, or the identity politics for others that have existed for decades. You don't seem to understand that nothing you say about white identity, whether you are successful at destroying it or not, stems identity politics one iota.

It was impossible when we weren't tribalistic, you moron.

no i posted it twice yesterday because I think it's interesting, prick

white identity is good you lolbertarian cuck

You dont know what a strawman is nor how and when logical fallacies are applicable

Hahahaha your days are numbered. Enjoy it here while you can.

White identity rising is great

uninvited
>racists, SJWs (same shit)

Oh no, we are triggering him and invading his safe space!

Wrong board, faggot!

its illegals who dont want people to think they're hispanic

this means a big influx of illegal immigration

Because every other demographic has been bloc-voting for quite a while now, and the left has been pushing identity politics for over a decade, it makes sense that there would be some pushback.

What is this the 3rd time?

>I'll never accept racism
Accept it or die.

I can be emotional sometimes, stop hating me for it. Emotion is natural. Sometimes racism freaks me out. Asshole.

Good luck. Even Molyneux is turning racist and he's a Canadian with a background in theater. The evidence is there that diversity, blacks, muslims, hispanics etc. are destructive and harmful. Wishful thinking will not overcome reality

EXPLAIN THIS
niggers identity ok
chinks identity ok
white idenity fuck no, you're not allowed to be proud of your own race

abandon your feeble libertarianism fight for your race white man!

I'm sickened by Moly's turn to racism. I used to be a huge fucking fan of his vids.

Wasn't it enough for you being blown the fuck out without any comebacks in the last two threads you've made?

Going to be a Slave and European obliteration of jews thanks for all the nukes.

Why do you think Whites advocating for their own interests is racism

niggers identity ok
chinks identity ok
white idenity fuck no, you're not allowed to be proud of your own race

Racist arguments don't change how I think, sorry. Relax, I like you guys. Sup Forums is cool even though I disagree with collectivism.

niggers identity ok
chinks identity ok
white identity fuck no, you're not allowed to be proud of your own race

>Non-whites explicitly voting for non-whites for decades
>Whites start doing it
>MAYHEM

>racist arguments
You're a bluepilled faggot, that is your problem.

Your whole thread is about being g upset at people's natural reactions though.

all other races being proud=ok
white race being proud=bad

Exactly, it is a joke how demozined white men are in the media... they are poking a drugged-stupid sleeping beast, and maybe it will wake up in both senses

I believe that this tribalism shit is because we're educated that way. Personally, I see Blacks and Browns as fellow Americans. I don't see why more people can't just think like I do. "White identity" is like something that belongs in the 1800's, we're way past that now.

It's literally called progress inb4 I'm a progress I'm not I hate sjws.

JIDF GET OUT

>this means a horrible divided future
This is different from any other period in history how?

kek. Fucking libertarians, you guys cling to your fantasies even in the face of rock solid evidence. What a juvenile ideology.

I'm 100% German American, user, and proud of the cultural roots that entails. But I also believe that technically anyone could become German culturally.

But I guess I must be a Jew, right? Idiot.