Imagine a Bionicle game based on 2005 with the same concept as Bloodborne

Imagine a Bionicle game based on 2005 with the same concept as Bloodborne.

Toa turn into huge beasts due to Hordika venom.

And I guess ITT: Sup Forums that would probably make decent vidya

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=v6R_mc2oreU
youtube.com/watch?v=1iOh1s2h1qI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fire has no brothers

Fire consumes all

>Toa turn into huge beasts due to Hordika venom.
>"same concept as Bloodborne"
Wut

You know, the final battle of Bionicle 2 does feel like it was lifted straight out of vidya, possibly that scrapped 2004 game they had planned to release alongside it.

I thought I had a good knowledge of Lego vaporware, but I've never heard of that one

>no bionicle action RPG ever
Please kill me

My only problem with the Bionicle movies is they never made one based on the Toa Inika or Mahri

It was never formally announced by any company. People only found out about it a few years ago when someone found this tech demo.
youtube.com/watch?v=v6R_mc2oreU
youtube.com/watch?v=1iOh1s2h1qI

That's a bad idea only because the very concept of Bionicle is built towards a Metroidvania. You go around levels collecting various masks like Invisibility or Water-breathing to to gain access to new areas and X-Ray Vision or Language Translation to find new secrets.

Well shoot, the quasi-autistic dedication of Lego fans never ceases to impress me

Bionicle had a ton of potential in both cartoon potential and games. Totally squandered both, what a shame.

I'll only be impressed once they locate and manage to fix that 2001 game.

>tfw we could have gotten it years ago, but the owner chickened out over legal fears

Sounds good to me

I lurk on RockRaidersUnited occasionally, and they once had a thread about whether it would be possible to acquire the rights to one or more of the old games. The conclusion of that conversation is that the copyright claims of the old games are an absolute mess that even the Lego Group doesn't know what to do about, and that's why we haven't seen anything re-released

Well, I'll be damned.

>no game about the conquest of the Matoran Universe by the Barraki
>no game about ransacking and mischief pre and post Dark Hunters with the Piraka
>no Vezon dimension-hopping game

>No movie about Takanuva dimension hopping in the style of the 4 seasons of death episode on SamuraiJack

Bionicle has enough lore, story, characters, settings and concepts for a long-running action adventure animated show, a legit comic or novel series or expansive video games. It was literally designed to take advantage of multimedia, with a huge emphasis on colorful, iconic visuals, music, exploration and atmosphere. It could hold its own against other toy-based properties and become a mainstream pop cultural mainstay like TMNT or Transformers, and an evergreen Lego IP.
But they never properly capitalized on it and killed it with a sloppy reboot no one cared for, and all the effort and lore that went into the series only ever reached a small niche fandom who are marginalized and dismissed by the wider Lego userbase.

>yfw Bionicle is a bigger wasted potential than your life

The universe where Mata Nui died and the entire universe went to live on the surface was my favorite

A small group of people and myself are attempting to make a story that is a spiritual successor to Bionicle, if that's a thing anyone might be interested in.

2005 was the worst year in terms of story, and mediocre in term of sets too

Yes.