Is Jerry truly a predator, or are people only saying that because Rick said it

If he was a woman no one would blink an eye at his behaviour.

Predator? No, Jerry's a parasite.

Beth had the choice to ignore Jerry and abort the baby, she's equally retarded

Depends on what you mean by that.
Jerry is a needy clingy loser and that's how he's gotten by in life, however it's probably not conscious behavior.

Jerry is a coward, but he's not intentionally parasitic. It's just a consequence of his nature.

Not consciously, he's a worm. Feeding off of people sympathizing with him as apposed to just naturally attracting a woman by having a strong character. It's very common amongst your modern soyboy.

The way this season treats Jerry has been retarded on multiple levels.

I have no idea why they threw him under the bus. He went from secondary main character to like tertiary pseudo-antagonist with no turn around. The B plots have suffered or been completely nonexistent, the pacing is completely off without him, and Beth has nothing to do without Rick or Morty around because she's a shallow unfunny character.

Forcing the divorce plot point was a huge mistake. It has has almost no impact on the characters outside of turning Beth into a completely unlikeable and unrelatable non-character. All the characters have suffered a severe step backwards in development this season. It's completely baffling why they opened the season up with this and did absolutely nothing with it.

What the fuck were they thinking?

shitty writers. I'm positive that season 1 writers would make it work

That one can likely be laid at the feet of the female writers.
Women despise weak men. They also have no real moral compass when it comes to dealing with such men, so a magnificent viciousness reveals itself.
The divorce in general, is likely the fault of Harmon getting dumped and divorce raped.

The latter

All this. Jerry isn't a predator, he wouldn't know how to prey on the weaknesses of others. He's just a pathetic shell of a man who managed to get by on the fact that he is so pathetic he's pitiable. You feel sorry for Jerry and so you let him go on being himself. He was the kid in high school who everyone wanted to beat up but no one actually did because it wouldn't be worth the time and effort to do so.

>Women despise weak men
>ywn bully-rape a weak nerd into cumming
why live?

Why do rick and morty threads get so many replies when supposedly Sup Forums hate this show

It's just as likely Dan Harmon's fault, anyone who's watched Community knows he has no issue rebooting a character to suit whatever needs he feels at the moment. Jerry being made a pseudo-antagonist and claiming he's toxic to those around him is basically the same thing that happened to Pierce.

So they are shallow cunts that complain about misygony but if you dont don them and treat them like trash you are less then dirt to them? Good to know, now ill just laugh my ass off when feminists get what they deserve when another mass refugee rape spree occurs

Sup Forums loves the show but it's a tradition here to apply contrarian passive-agressiveness towards popular stuff.

I knew the female writers had something to do with this.

quietly shattering the grand illusion

Jerry did nothing wrong, besides fucking that whore Beth

I feel like Jerry is at some point going to discover that Rick hid the bodies of that universe's Rick and Morty in the backyard, and then all bets will be off.
Not only will he discover that his son is dead, but that the man inside his house isn't even Beth's actual father. That would pretty much end whatever status quo Rick's trying to maintain there.

I like it. It's just it's a cool thing to say popular thing sucks.

I kind of see why people would dislike it and I'd say season 3 is my least favorite season thus far. I don't think it'll rebound to be as good as season 2 with the last 4 episodes, only last episode and first episode of the season really stuck in my head.

>women despise weak men
That's where you're wrong, kid.

Rewatch the marriage counseling episode between Beth and Jerry as well as the alternate universe goggles episode. They're both shitty people but they were made for each other. Harmon and Roiland are trying really hard to make people forget those episodes existed.

>The divorce in general, is likely the fault of Harmon getting dumped and divorce raped.
> dude is capable of working with exwife in Harmon Quest
> dude is broken by divorce in Rick & Morty
Suuure.

>Pedo House reaction image

Men aren't supposed to act like women

Shouldn't you be posting in your incel subreddit?

I fucking wish they would...

The marriage counseling episode was really good.

Divorce "plot" is terrible, nothing even happened yet. Ideally, Beth should be one on the verge of breakdown right now.

>saying that defiant feminazis deserve "cultural enrichment" makes me an incel
Nice try you virgin tumblrite. Atleast im not on a metaphorical dogleash and forced to lap up my doms labia to make penance for my white male privledge

Beth has always been a completely unlikeable character. Re-watch Season 1 and you'll see her constantly jump down Jerry's throat for no reason, apart from the fact that we know that he's a completely useless and irritating twit off-camera.

Beth didn't abort the child (Summer) because she's super needy and clingy, she has abandonment issues from when Rick left. You'll notice that when Rick came back to move in, Beth turns up the shit dial to max, and in ep1 of this season, when Rick is gone, she's down to worshipping Jerry (while still drinking copiously). She's moved on to what she wanted, her dad. In one of the recent episodes, Jerry says "things were good 'up until a few years ago'" to which Rick replies that's when he moved in, and then hints that there were problems there before. They might get into that more but we'll see.

Also, I really don't think there are many female writers this season. I think it's all the same staff writing under pseudonyms, or women who work on the show in some other capacity given the writing credit to troll people. This of course could be proven one way or the other by googling the names and seeing their work history but I don't actually give that much of a fuck to do so.

Only because Rick said it. Rick is by far the worst person in the room. But Jerry's a piece of shit because he's actually down on his luck a lot?

>Atleast im not on a metaphorical dogleash and forced to lap up my doms labia to make penance for my white male privledge
No, because that would require you to interact with women other than your mom.

Jerry doesn't ever take chances. He knows he is safe.

No being cruel is killing you. this is saving a bullet.

Jerry's a piece of shit because he relies on his pathetic nature to avoid responsibility. Beth's a piece of shit too because the moment she finds someone she likes better her love turns to aggression
They're both better than Rick but they're by no means good people

Oh, so you admit you enjoy having your balls tied up and being forced to take your strap on by your mistress.? Would you prefer sumbission to the feminist matriarchy then be alone and yet still have your dignity?

Holy Shit. That's hot.

Don't forget the space couples therapy episode. Beth requires someone lesser to feel complete

This is actually aspect of their relationship I really liked before S3 shit the carpet.

When chips are down Jerry always steps up.

But when things get to the boiling point Beth always managed to avert further complications, like how her coworker wanted to fuck her and without hesitation declined, she's married.

And now Beth is just a bitch.

What are you basing that off of? Jerry was doing just fine before Rick entered his life, he was never any worse than the rest of us because we all have flaws.

>Would you prefer sumbission to the feminist matriarchy then be alone and yet still have your dignity?
Well, since you obviously don't have your dignity either, the plan must not be working too well for you.

There are people out there who, unconsciously, have made emotional manipulation a major element of how they get by in life. Usually it's habits picked up from role models, sometimes it's because their situations really are so shit that getting by on pity becomes their nature, or what have you. It doesn't mean they're malicious or actively trying to manipulate others, or are even aware it's what they do, but there are droves of people to whom it comes naturally.

>And now Beth is just a bitch.

Rick is a cancer. He knows it, we know it, everyone in the writing team knows it. The only ones that truly praise that old fart are 9gaggers, atheists and redditors.

I have more dingity then a flaccid cuck like you ever will have you fucking disapointment. Your are scum, degenerate hovels to be used as playthings by the feminist horde. Your a gender traitor and a coward, and for that deserve a gassing.

From Rick's point of view, he is, but I believe he isn't, and this is a self-defense mechanism of Rick's ego.

Rick seems to attribute his and other's successes to intellect, and almost never luck or happenstance.

In such a position, as well as due to an emotional view of his daughter that she would never do something like marry Jerry, he is able to believe Jerry consciously masterminded a marrige with his daughter (despite everything we know about Jerry showing us he would not plan or execute something like that, and it's more likely, as it always goes with Jerry, that the pregnancy was simply an accident and Jerry merely agreed to Beth saying "we should keep it"), rather than accept that his daugter Beth, in some sense, mutually chose to stay with Jerry even if she didn't explicitly need to.

Rick's position, reached by biases he holds about intellect and biases towards his daughter, allows himself to absolve his daughter of any "wrong-doing" associated with choosing to date someone Rick views as inferior and simultaneously assigns blame to a man he desperately needs a justification to dislike, despite that man having shown nothing but constant, unwavering concern for the happiness and safety of Beth and the kids. This is inconvenient to Rick, who regularly endangers some, or all of the family actively or by association.

If it seems like a stretch he would attribute an action by Jerry to intellect, fair enough, but I'm not sure you're paying enough attention to how high he ensconced intelligence as the tool which solves all problems and causes all desired outcomes.

In the end, intellect is one of the only ways in which Rick derives self worth. Not his family, his children, or his accomplishments. To have raised a daughter who'd value her relationship with Jerry, or to imagine that such a thing could just happen, is beyond his ego to accept. Jerry is a parasite to Rick because, to quote Vindicators, he needs that to be true.

Why would Jerry be digging in their backyard? I'm sure that if Jerry brought it up either Rick or Beth would retort with Jerry being a creepy dick by checking on the bodies they have hidden in the back yard and all the fault would be deflected to Jerry once more.

By Jerry acting like a huge manipulative wimp in almost every scene he's in
In the entirety of S2 he's out of work and all he does is sit at home playing phone games. He tries to ask Summer to start paying rent but he segues into it from telling her that they've drifted apart and he's unsure she still loves him

characters can develop negatively as well as positively. The divorce gave otherwise one sided characters some depth, agency and motivation. A character becoming unlikeable is not a sign of poor development

What if the nerd likes getting bully raped? That'd be really hot.

We're talking about being a women and raping a nerd, right?

See now I don't know if that's true. This might just be my interpretation of things, but I just see it as the furthering of stress related incidents boiling up.

First, does anything in Season 1 count towards season 3, in relation to Beth and Jerry? They're still in the Cronenberg universe. Even then, with Rick gone, Jerry steps up and is the patriarch of the family. Sits at the head of the table and everything.

Whenever Rick is around, Beth turns up max bitch mode. Because she doesn't actually like Jerry, and when Rick is there she can fall back to him, "deify him" as it were.

As far as Jerry stepping up, he did at the end of episode 1 of this season, he told Rick to get out of his house. He wasn't having any of it and Beth finally had to choose. It was a piece of shit move, having your "partner" choose between her husband and her family, but they're both pieces of shit. Beth chose Rick, because that's who she wants all along. What could Jerry do at that point? You can't force someone to love you. Jerry obviously loves Beth in his parasitic, useless way, but she clearly doesn't love him. You can't "step up" when someone doesn't want you around and finally showed that.

Beth was always a bitch....at least from Season 2 onwards.

As much as I like Rick and Morty the Jerry is a predator pretending to be prey thing is utter bullshit and goes against a lot of what we see the show.
I mean when Jerry does stand up for himself he just gets shit on even worse hell the divorce ultimately came from Jerry standing up for himself and saying enough is enough.

Won't happen, that's too interesting and would require good writers .

Jerry wasn't always a parasite, he had a job. Without Rick Jerry and Beth managed to raise Summer and Morty, probably only 2 people besides Beth that Rick actually likes and he had NOTHING to do with their upbringing, if anything, he screwed up Morty so hard Morty legitimately shot Rick.

Though, how was Jerry paying his taxes if "Hungry for Apples" was his idea of a slogan is a mystery.

How Jerry is being treated this season reminds me of how feminists a year or two when on full attack mode on nice guys, you know the type, the one doesn't talk over them, that respect their opinion and ask for it, very beta, that give emotional support but in actuality according to them they were everything but nice, in fact they are some of the most selfish, inconsiderate people of all, they were just doing those things because they felt "entitled" to being treated nicely and with consideration in return and stupid shit like that.
They can take the acts of a spineless man and in their heads turn it into an entitled predatory act.
Well that's what you get for being so fucking beta and actually listening to women in how you should behave as a man.

>to being treated nicely and with consideration in return
No, they wanted sex.

Jerry doesn't even need to be digging in their backyard. Maybe Rick dug up the bodies and Jerry who just 'happened to be in the area' see's something.

You have a very barbaric view of the world

I remember this. The best part is that the reason why any man gives a woman that kind of consideration at all is because they want sex. Women, for the most part, really aren't that interesting to men.

I guess what women want is for men to outright tell them they don't care about them rather than pretending to.

Do you know what "manipulative" means?

The world is barbaric.
And civilization decided to commit suicide while inviting the barbarians in to fuck its wife.

>using "predator" to imply sexual predator
He's an emotional one. And yeah, probably but not necessarily intentional.

This is a minor point, but as far as I'm aware the new dimension Rick & Morty move to is virtually identical except for Rick actually managing to get the cure right, allowing him to return home and die to his faulty experiment.

I think if the new versions of any of the other characters were meant to be dramatically different in this universe it would have been brought up by now.

Why wouldn't they?

this

Pierce got boring and irrelevant pretty fast, so I'm not complaining.

>I guess what women want is for men to outright tell them they don't care about them rather than pretending to
It's like of suddenly a friend told you that they only ever wanted you for sex. It's not about the intention, it's about being a waste of time and energy.

two of the season 1 writers are still around and even they have failed to do this. face it. rick and morty is a one-trick pony.

>Rick will never be taken down a peg by Jerry for all his bullshit
>Anything Jerry does is exaggerated to make him a villain instead of the unlucky below average joe he really is
Feels bad. I mean nothing will ever be Beths fault because shes just a 'victim' of Jerry and Rick will go to any lengths to make sure everyone sees his point of view is the only one. And how much can you hate a 'parasite' who raised your children/grandkids for their entire childhood until their grandpa shows up out of nowhere after being gone for years having never helping raise the kids.

BUT FUCK IT RICKS IS THE BEST WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB IM PICKLE RICK LOOK AT ME

He said, posting on an imageboard about cartoons.

What's wrong with that? Sex is a healthy part of life and pretty much synonymous with a relationship, I doubt those beta fags are the one night stand type of guys at clubs.
So once again wanting a sexual relationship with someone is bad in what way? Is that how it is, someone wanting a relationship with you by trying to win your favor should be taken as some sort of offense?
I wouldn't do all that stupid shit, I just start flirting and if they are not interested right away I just fucking move on, I'm not going to try to be their friends, I'm not going to spend countless hours trying to win them over and subserve to them.
>The best part is that the reason why any man gives a woman that kind of consideration at all is because they want sex.
Pretty much but it's not simply just sex, it's a relationship since the two pretty much go hand in hand.
You don't truly believe that do you? Do you really assume the worst of somebody like that? Those kind of guys are not players who work girls over on the regular, they're just trying to win the favor of one person.

I guess that depends on the friend. Like, if I had a female friend that I really liked who suddenly told me they wanted to fuck, that would've been super because you get to form a relationship with someone you obviously get along with. The only way this would be a bummer is if YOU as the person receiving these affections didn't like them back in that way. So in this way, the person on the receiving end of the affection is the manipulative one if all they ever wanted the other person for was an emotional foot stool while denying that person their affectionate needs. Or something. Like, did the person develop feelings for them over time organically, or did they only ever speak to the person in the first place because they wanted sex? I think that's a big difference.

there have been a total of four female writers that have worked on epsiodes 2-4. if not for interdimensional cable 2 they would be the worst episodes.

But the thing is does that actually happen with "nice guys". Besides the shitters that complain about the friend zone I'm pretty sure most nice guys actually view women as human beings, or at the very least life has trained them to because they couldn't cut it as a chad.

>the divorce ultimately came from Jerry standing up for himself and saying enough is enough
It probably wouldn't had blown up in his face if he didn't acted like a 5 year old. Forcing that kind of desicion right then and there from a woman you know for a fact is very much worshipping her father right after said father jus triumphantly comes back from what seemed to be his final fate is all sorts of retarded. Jerry shot himself in the foot, plain and simple.

Actual homosexuals itt.

Actually it is. You can typically empathize with even indefensibly evil characters if they are well written with believable motivations or just good characterization.

Beth doesn't have these things. In previous seasons she had at least a few layers to her character. In the newest season her only defining trait is her psychotic obsession with her father. There was really no impetus for this dramatic shift in her character outside of the divorce, which in and of itself was very contrived and had this far had almost no impact on the rest of the cast.

She's one dimensional. Her relationship with Jerry was really all she had besides Rick, and with that gone she's basically been relegated to a side character that only gets tossed into the script when it's convenient.

He did what was right. Jerry was tired of being the other man in the relationship. Damn time he stopped being cucked... and by her father. Jerry is god tier, unlike you whom I guess just let a nigger fuck your wifes puss because he escaped prison.

>fucking whores why don't they sleep with me
>i'm their friend that means they should sex with me

Well, do you actually know this? Or did you read a bunch of stuff online about the viewpoint?

Because I'm just putting myself in that situation as a thought experiment, and I think that would be super fucked up if I made a female friend, got to know her over time, really liked her personality and really enjoyed talking to her, got along great, developed feelings for her, and then all of the sudden she rejects those feelings, calls me a "nice guy," and then invalidated all that time by being accused of "only seeing her as a sexual conquest."

My God, what that would do to a person...

>I mean nothing will ever be Beths fault
She's raked over coals nearly every episode this season, and rightfully so.

>Fucking men, they are being nice to me ONLY because they want to fuck me
>I am 10/10 queen, everyone wants to fuck me

>ywn gas-light him by saying that if he really didn't want it, he shouldn't be getting hard
>telling him that he's such a slut, even for a boy
>ywn flick and grip his cock and laugh watching him writhe in pain/pleasure
>ywn flip him over and brutally peg him, whispering that he's more built for the dick than a girl could ever be
>ywn bite his ear and neck while he cries out
>ywn break him down, saying how he's a degenerate and the only other people who would ever fuck him require him to wear a skirt first
>ywn see him shake whenever he passes you in the hallway, limping
>ywn stockholm him into meeting you afterschool in the locker rooms from then on
>where he eventually starts begging you to let him cum and that, yes, he's a no-good cum dispenser tailored just for you

Look dude(ette), taking the acts of a very passive and spineless person and turning into the complete opposite is a very odd thing to do, something I've seen before with feminists and it seemed to happen to Jerry, I just pointed out the similarity. Is it accurate? Maybe, maybe not, I just thought I would note it.

Do you learn everything about relationships from bloggers or something?

>tfw no bully gf

The big difference between a "nice guy" and what you described is whether you go apeshit over the rejection. If you move on and either mantain the relationship or distance yourself to not ruin it by complicating the situation? Congratulations on being a functional human being. If you decide you "deserve" her love BECAUSE you were her friend and you clearly are meant to love each other unlike all those other people she dates? You're a nice guy.

How is him complaining to his daughter for a day about how he's unsure that she loves him and that they don't spend any time together just so he can ask her to pay rent not manipulative?

>He did what was right
No doubt about that but the point is that he did it in the most retarded way possible and naturally got the most obvious outcome as well.

Screaming to your partner and demand him/her to dump his/her side of the family just out fo the blue is a futile effort unless you actually have a grip on said partner somehow (economic, legal, emotional, etc). Jerry had none, he was doomed to fail the moment he opened his mouth.

Being raped by a woman isn't fun till you're sad and alone.

Take this from someone that's had this happen.

We get it, you're an edgy little virgin. Also you must be at least 18 to post here.

Fascinating. I'm guessing this is coming froma girl's perspective.

Can a relationship at the point even be maintained? It seems if the guy wants to escalate the relationship and the girl has no interest, then the relationship can't be maintained. I might be wrong but it doesn't seem healthy.

What if the guy presents his feelings, and the girl rejects them, and then just salts the earth and ghosts the friendship? Personally I don't think the friendship even can be maintained, as stated, but what if this "functional human being" says "okay, let's just be friends then" and the girl decides from then on that he is "the nice guy" and ascribes to him all the negative associations with it? Is it still the guys fault for having those feelings? Should he have just kept his mouth shut and maintained the status quo, to keep her happy? Or should she be understanding to? This is all so very interesting.

Was it really out of the blue? They were just under the control of an alien federation and there was rioting in the streets.

Of course, Jerry loved the new order and Beth was miserable. So it was definitely a timing issue: Beth was happy that horses could die again AND her dad was back, Jerry was upset that he is unemployed again AND her dad was back.

Probably not a good time to lay down an ultimatum.

>ywn bully him into finally snapping and becoming the dominant one during sex

>Should he have just kept his mouth shut and maintained the status quo, to keep her happy? Or should she be understanding to?
Risk vs reward. Would a relationship with her be worth potentially ruining the friendship? Have you got any reason to think she might be into you?

Not really.

It all boils down to
>Guy actually expresses his feelings
>If girl actually answers to them they get into relationship that may or may not bear fruit
>If girl rejects the guy, he is always the asshole, either a sperg who spazzes out, either a beta who only wanted sex

I think in this cases they should take some time to re-think stuff then try again to start anew. Their friendship won't ever be what was before but maybe they can still be good friends to one another in a different way, or maybe they find out too uncomfortable to be close in which case is also valid to go their separate ways. The worst thing any person can do it's force itself onto someone else to keep the illusion of a relationship that doesn't exist.

A healthy relationship is based on mutual respect which is only possible among equals. So, yes, a strong woman will find it difficult to respect a weak man just as a strong man will find it difficult to respect a weak woman. Strong and weak here, of course, meaning mentally rather than physically. So if a weak men wants a healthy relationship it'll probably be easier for him to find a weak woman rather than trying to live up to the demands of a strong woman. I mean, he could also man up and become a person she can respect, if he's ready to put in the effort.

But why the hell am I explaining this to you? You can't even state your stupid ass opinion without shitting on refugees in the process.

I absolutely agree. No-one deserves another person's love.

The whole feminist critique of "Nice guys" has struck me as a little hollow though. Because the same people who say that nobody deserves someone's love or is entitled to the relationship they think they deserve will usually turn around and say: "The only reason a man might not be attracted to you, or not be willing to give you everything you want in a relationship on entirely your terms, is deep seated misogyny. And if you do get what you want but feel bad about it, that's misogyny too."

>tfw no dominant gf

Why live