Today I will remind them

today I will remind them

This will never not make me pissed off

>WE'RE GETTING A GUARDIAN REMATCH THIS SEASON GUYS
>NEXT EPISODE
>NEXT EPISODE FOR SURE
>entire season is filled with reminders from both Jack AND Aku saying all the portals, as in All of them, were destroyed- even the creator addressed it
>all that denial
>all that denial even after the glasses were shown

The ending was fucking horseshit and you know it

at least give us a flashback of the guardian fighting Aku

Yes it was for several reasons but the most glaring reason is simple: NO MORE PORTALS MEANS NO TIME TRAVEL. But no, instead of showing that Jack CAN and HAS adapted to the future to better it and rebuilding from the ashes as nature TENDS TO DO, Genndy decides "LOL RETCON" and Grandfather paradoxes the whole series down the shitter. And before you hivemind tards chant "Ashifag detected" this goes beyond giving her the Nia treatment. The fact that anyone can think "hurr just change the past and i can make life better" is childish. There ARE repercussion in changing the past. One action can erase a timeline or even erase several if multiverse theory is accounted for. It's actually more, and i can't believe I'm even using this term, progressive to learn from our past failures. We all make mistakes but success stems from learning from those mistakes. So instead of simply erasing timelines, Jack could've defeated Aku, granted it would've simply nerfed Ashi's powers and made her fully human, and began rebuilding with his allies and friends. Yes lives would've been lost but their sacrifices would not have been in vain as they gave their lives for a brighter future.

And to quote Wrath of Khan: The needs of many out way the needs of few.

well he was extremely overrated anyway.

Such an awful season. I can't believe there are people defending this shit

The entire point of Jack's existence in the show is to return to the past and get rid of Aku's evil, no matter what.
How it was executed in a first place is a fault of Adult Swim for allowing too few episodes to be produced. Everything else is a product of this exact failure.

And in my opinion it would be better to show that SJ has matured and that he can't go back and some things can't be fixed or made nonexistent. Instead he would need to let the world become a better place. That would be a true bittersweet ending.
What we got instead was.
>"ASHI, WHAT'S WRONG?!"
>"TIME PARADOX, KEK"
>tfw waifu gone
Genndy is the biggest hack.

>The entire point of Jack's existence in the show is to return to the past
No, his existence was to defeat Aku. Getting back was secondary. He didn't give up until he lost the means to defeat him i.e his sword. When he got it back he resumed his mission to defeat Aku. He already accepted that there was no way to return home and was about to accept his fate of rebuilding. With Ashi.

I'm honestly more pissed because of the retcon. Retcons are what turn away viewers and readers. Why else would the comic and cartoon industry be tanking?

HE KILLED BILLIONS THROUGH UNEXSISTANCE SHUT THE FUCK UP

The literal theme song was "gotta get back. Back to the past. Samurai Jack"

"Now the foolish Samurai seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku"

They literally tell you his goal in the theme song. And he spends many many many episodes trying to just...go back to the past.

That's bullshit, because at multiple times in the series Jack had the opportunity to go back to the past, but it would've hurt his friends or caused some destruction or whatever, so he chose to stay.

And it's not even out of ignorance, he fully realized that going back to the past would prevent any of that shit from happening in the first place, but he didn't care and decided to stay.

Had Jack stayed in the future, he would have only let a few million die. I'll take that over retconning TRILLONS if you count sentient extraterrestrials

I mean who's to say. If you believe in all that spiritual mumbo jumbo maybe it meant that everyone still ended up existing, just in a future not ruled by Aku.

And even then, would you rather be born in a concentration camp or never born at all?

You mean all the civilizations wiped out by Aku?
Because he did that. That's a thing he did, for fun, like every day.

>born in a concentration camp then America frees you
>No existence at all

I'll take my chances with Dachau

>Aku killed millions but Jack trillions.

Remind me who the villain was again?

Except those lives will still exist, they'll just be different.

Its still better then to abandon his friends just to save the parents he shouldve gotten over already
Concentration camp after weve beaten the oppressors, which wouldve happend if he stayed in the future

Again between being born in Dachau and not existing at all, i still would take my chances being born.

I hope Genndy is enjoying jacking it to his chimp waifu in the gulag

Insult Ashi again faggot. I dare you.

>Morpheus ripoff appearing in one (1) episode ever
>muh prophecy cliche
Why people feel this was such a letdown, I will never know.

Insult again? Insult who?

Ashi is best girl

When Genndy said the ending would be bittersweet, I thought the ending would be more bittersweet (Jack stays in the future or Jack goes back to the past and defeats Aku but rapidly ages and dies)

why are you posting a blank picture user?

>tripfag makes a retarded post and types like he has downs
Nothing new here

>The ending was fucking horseshit and you know it
>This will never not make me pissed off
sad but true

I was hoping for a "Jack returns to the past but mourns the unmaking of all the people he knew" or something.

ashi being a literal daughter of aku was garbage
the final batel, ashi's recovery and the time portal were garbage
ashi not disappearing immediately after killing aku was garbage
retcon ending was garbage

Cause Ashi is Ashit huh?

Samurai Jack had one huge problem from season 1 to 4 and it was lack of directio, they had dozens of episodes to adress the main plot of the show, but chose a episodic format, never making any progress with Jack's goal. The jump good episode is my favourite exemple, it ended with Jack jumping to strike down Aku, but the next episode started like nothing happened, like Jack wasn't about to kill his nemesis inthe previous episode

You are delusional if you seriously hoped that the guardian's prophecy would come true, the writers had no idea of where they wanted the show to go before season 5, Jack vs The Guardian is just another episode with nothing to carry on to the next episode, nothing more

this episode is the main problem in all of this.

>clear opportunity to go back in time without monkey-paw shit attached.

>still saves the monks.

I doubt a samurai from feudal japan would be aware of how time shenanigans work

He's been 50 years at this shit. Plenty of time to get a hang of what mght possibly happen, specially after countless nights spent in introspection.

Episodes where he often forgoes getting back to the past, because he doesn't want to let people in the dystopian future get hurt.

If paradox timeline erasure is a thing, then why the fuck?

something to realize here is that just because it's a paradox, doesn't mean she would stop existing.
she is physically there, her atoms won't just disappear because you mindfucked yourself.
what's more, even if she would disappear, it would happen in an instant,
not in a dragged out way when it's convenient for the story.

Old Pasta is Old

so's your mum for making you

Do you even know what a pasta is dumb ass?

And? It was personal weakness that kept him from going back before then. He finally went back when taken for a joyride in Aku's Boomtube.

This episode doubly pissed me off, as a Japanese man would understand the honor in their sacrifice. By coming back to save them he basically insulted their honor and the effort they put in to get him to the portal.

I do and every fucking thread is LOL what picture user or Insulting who lol Bullshit when ashi is brought up

Why wouldn't he understand that "if X never happened, Y wouldn't either"? Fucking cavemen understood that shit.

You know, the end of the jump episode was just a hypothetical dream of Jack's.

The episode starts in the same dream, with the exact same scene, but with Aku being able to keep the portal away from Jack, since he lacked a way to counter that.

People shit on shit characters, who knew?

> I am unable to make a argument so I result to name calling
>This makes me intelligent

>the end of the jump episode was just a hypothetical dream of Jack's

Do I need to rewatch the episode os is that just your theory?

Then why aren't we shitting on Jack? He's a massive Mary Sue and is as bland as cardboard.

>When you realize you were rooting for the badguy in the finale

What the fuck Genndy.

Because he's a good honorable guy. He has no idea how time travel works but he's not gonna risk it. He doesn't want them to die.
For all he knows when he goes back in time the future DOESN'T change and they just die violently in a now alternate timeline.

He literally spent his entire life training to be what he is. Hours to days to weeks to months to years of nothing but training in the various martial arts and takes his job very seriously because of that and the stakes that have been made apparent to him. A mary sue just shows up and can do what Jack does with no effort while spouting quippy lines to let everyone know how clever and cool they are. Don't you go shittalking my little jacky boy, you shitcock.

>someone shits on chimpshi
>user gets made and attempts to throw jack under the bridge
Like clockwork

do you think if the wizard of oz came out today people online would be hollerin about the hated ending

Wasn't the whole thing a dream though? Next you'll say Link is evil for waking up the Wind Fish.

I'd like to think the portal is still somewhere on Earth, waiting for an older Jack to come BACK to the future.

You dont understand. They wont live but difrent. All the characters existed because of cause and effect. If you erase Aku the future will be totally difrent based on how much he influenced the word. It is imposible for any characters from the series to exist no to mention every potential being past 1 to 2 generations after the time Aku were to take over the world

I honestly didn't even like he ending as a kid.

It was always uncertain how many portals there were. How did Aku and Jack know for sure ALL of them were broken? Even if that was the case, the scientists or some people as smart could've come back and take Jack home easily.

>someone shits on chimpshi
>user gets made and attempts to throw jack under the bridge
>another user states the obvious
>the shitposting cycle continues and becomes a perpetual shitposting spambot
Never fails

>Don't you go shittalking my little jacky boy

Now who's butthurt?

did samurai jack really happen?

is it really killing if you're not even born

Jack dying in his battle with Aku and Ashi taking up the mantle of samurai would've been a far better ending than one where everyone, past and future, dies.

you know i agree. I think it would have made her character alot more special

maybe it's time to realize genndy is a hack

I think his clone wars cartoon was better than samurai jack desu

at least that had a clear destination: Episode III

He didn't grow up japanese

How is Jack a Mary sue? He got his ass kicked multiple times and had to get help from someone

This. Everyone forgets that Aku had been terrorizing the entire planet's population for thousands of years. Jack going back to the past to defeat Aku ended up saving more people than defeating Aku in the future would have.

Don't bring logic into this user! Sup Forums needs to be angry about something!

DUDE WITHOUT AKU I NEVER EXISTED LMAO

OUTWEIGH, you fucking troglodyte.

Gendy just HAD to cuck Jack one last time.

>Pic
God forbid, the guy defends himself from the bitches who were raised from birth to kill him.

don't bother, it's lost on them

I liked the ending and thought it capped the series quite well
really thought ashi was too much though

How so user

I would have liked a father-daughter relationship between Jack and Ashi rather than the horseshit we got

we should have gotten Samurai Dad instead

I'm still trying to figure out what the fuck the point of this was

Fan service

They'll have a different body, but still get the next soul in line. God created all souls at the start of time, and they all have to be used up, regardless of who is born when.

This actually give me a mental "out" with my own (I hate to say it) headcanon. It's how I cope, shut up.

>That Guardian saw an aged form of Jack, which cannot happen in the "future". He also implies the portal has been there for eons. Finally, Aku didn't vanish immediately after Jack went back, nor did we see him vanish.

>Ashi just got snapped back to her time period, which is why people remember her. Jack will grow older, quest, become the man the guardian saw, and finally enter the portal to go "back to the future" and revisit his past and love, defeating Aku in all times.

WA-TCHA

>go to old youtube video of the fight between jack the guardian
>all those comments before the episode airs hyped for the rematch
>all those comments the next week pissed off and calling the whole season shit

:>Actually caring about the other daughters of Aku

Fuck you Mulan was the best daughter

Then they fucking removed all the time portals, they fucking removed all chances of him succeeding and fixed it with a shitty rushed plot twist.

Ashi is the worst character ever shoehorned into a show and you're a 70 years old virgin
Also she looked like a Rhino ond the side and was ugly even on the front

You realise Aku wiped out hundreds of worlds, right? Every species on Earth was due to him either hiring them or wiping out their world and bringing them to Earth as seen in the first future episode.

Haha I get this now

What really bothers me about that episode?

Not only would those two monks still be alive when Jack killed Aku in the past, but the assault on the original temple never would have happened, either, meaning all the monks killed back then would have lived, too.

Like, holy shit, Jack, I know you gut that HONOR thing going on, but come on.

Absolutely this. Even worse is that Traveling Creatures is one of my favorite episodes. And instead of a follow up to one of the best fights in the series, we get "Oh yeah, I totally have his powers!" That was horseshit. Fucking A, Genndy.

Anyone who argues this was never a Jack fan to begin with.

That was Jack's weakness, though. His flaw. He cannot be morally content with himself if he clearly left someone in danger, even when it won't matter in the long run. It's shown multiple times, like when he could've killed Aku in stealth but decided to save alien royalty from being imprisoned instead.