youtube.com/watch?v=16L_nAGFwbI
youtube.com/watch?v=BmdklhOVONU
youtube.com/watch?v=dupjr3s48uA
youtube.com/watch?v=A1JMTDxheOk
youtube.com/watch?v=lEhGmRNTXqk
youtube.com/watch?v=wCsZfKxfl7s
youtu.be/SXjXKT98esw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I've heard its said that its the perfect Silver Age Superboy adaptation.Ridiculous, convoluted and incredibly dated, yet enjoyable in its own bizarre way.

Is it ultimate Clark kent? The TV show thats what its always seemed like to me

I enjoyed it. I hated it. It was a polarizing show for sure. God damn that Deathstroke though...

Absolute shit, yet comfy.

SOMEBODY

one of those good eps were really good, bad eps were REALLY bad type of shows. Chloe best girl though and Durance was best Lois

Seasons 1-3 were okay, 4 was great, 5 through 7 were WTF, 8+ got increasingly better and were imho some of the best. Much less tween drama and much more capeshit.

I enjoyed it. Albiet, I arrived years late to the party and skipped the Lana heavy episodes and filler. If you do that there is, what, around two seasons worth out of the whole thing?

I did have fun though. I might watch it again one day, in full.

At this point, I just want him to turn up as an older and experianced Superman in Flash.

Rewatching it lately from the start. It's a show you love to hate, and enjoy to watch and rage against it. Still, better than the DCEU anytime.

Nah. MoS has better everything than Smallville.
Yes, even Pa Kent. Costner acts circles around that other guy.

I just remember thinking Lana was really fucking hot when I was in my early teens.

I agree. Quality dipped in those seasons and then somehow rose again later on. I hated the ending though.

Scratch that, I meant Smallville Lois

Middle seasons just kind of meander around. Top waifus though if you ignore Lana.

This is a good analogy

If Chloe is really best girl, why doesn't anyone save Allison Mack from the sex cult?

asking whether Smallville is good is like asking the pope whether priests fuck little boys. it's objectively the case but people just don't like to admit it because they are pussies

as someone who loves both Smallville and MoS, you really cannot compare the both. Smallville is a comfy TV show about the adventures of Superboy whereas MoS is pretty much the introduction of Superman in a high-budget action movie

ONCE

SAVED

No

It has the objectively best Lois and Clark relationship youtu.be/tlm4sEAu0Rc?t=25s

Damn right it did
youtube.com/watch?v=HeCO7OnfL4M

literally the best two scenes between the two in the entire show. the chemistry between the characters was so fucking good, it's unbelievable

>Lois and Clark
>Chloe and Clark
>Lana and Clark (although a lot of drama)
>Clark and his parents
>Clark and Lex

I don't care what other people say but especially the Clark and Lex thing was goat tier

The Blue Kryptonite Amish episode is my favorite Lois and Clark episode. It's so good.

Still best live action Pa Kent and Lex.

Yeah, it was pretty good. Maybe I just think so because I was a lot younger when I watched it, but I liked it.

fpbp

shitty episode but great chemistry, yeah. don't understand the people who don't like their getting together. maybe it's just blind lana fags who weren't aware that she wasn't endgame to begin with

also, why the fuck hasn't anyone already posted the best bro scene in the show?

youtube.com/watch?v=9tyEDOmEkes

Yeah the overall plot could have been better, but their banter and exasperations were on point...and Clark burning himself to shield Lois was so good.

And another great scene
>youtube.com/watch?v=k50JX8UOp6E

>tfw they kill off lana
>tfw they revive her and kill of jonathan
>tfw this scene happens afterwards

youtube.com/watch?v=dV8XrIETLas

I hate people who use this word but this scene is one of the reasons why smallville has always been and will forever be the most kino superhero show ever. the writers and directors were able to put in so much emotion in scenes, no other superhero show is able to do that

damn, remember watching that episode and especially that scene for the first time. it was so awesome how lionel clark walks by all the fighting prisoners in slo-mo. the music was also great

>lionel in clark's body hugs Martha Kent
>immediate horny heat vision release

Hilarious

ME

>Hilarious
In retrospect, yes
When I watched it and came to the realization, I was really creeped out by that

I don't think I've ever seen fake snow look so fake.

yeah, only thing that bothers me about the scene. still, the atmosphere is so real and emotional

Speaking of creeped out though, I think they did a great job with Earth 3. That first episode had some great stuff in it - particularly this:

>Why did you run?
>Because no one who sees Ultraman lives!

Comfy, pretty shitty writing most of the time (mainly dialogue), but some true fanservice from the hot female cast and also very nice 'look', lots of color (!) unlike 99% of modern day television shows.

jesus fucking christ. look at this image and tell me CW couldn't make a GOAT flash-supergirl-smallville team up with a more mature superman or even use ultraman

forgot the image

I think that Welling was a great Ultraman and could probably still do it, but the only thing keeping that from being GOAT would be The Flash and Supergirl

I'm glad he decided to do Lucifer instead, new CW shows don't deserve him

We know what role he's playing yet? Also does this mean Lucifer thread can come back to Sup Forums now?

I know people love to make fun of the 2000s-era music, but there was some really good choices:
youtube.com/watch?v=KAUmncOVWwM

Some sort of hard police officer.

And this
youtube.com/watch?v=DlbTHaVPbaU

I am shamed to admit I dated a girl in high school who made a lot of Evanescence Smallville videos

my guess is it's a cover for him being an undercover angel of some variety.

And who could forget this?

youtube.com/watch?v=-hXT2HA-GFY

almost every smallville episode had a great music scene. WB and CW always knew how to work with music, most recent examples being Vampire Diaries and The Originals

Smallville is the definitive comfy show and unintentional period piece. It's so fucking 2000s it hurts to rewatch sometimes

holy shit, I watched the show three times and didn't remember this song. fuck me, now I like the scene even more

Yeah that's true, mostly because starting around the the transition from theWB to theCW they had this order from higher-up to "synergize" their shows with Warner Bros. musical branch.

Leading to a LOT of musical integration

pretty much this. a lot of WB shows had good music.

>tfw watched all the current seasons (8) with my ex back in the day
>that song pops up
>it becomes OUR song

I hate my ex but everytime that song comes up I remember the good times, fuck

And the ever iconic "this episode was brought to you by [insert album here]" promo bumps at the end of every episode

and thank god for that. all of the scenes posted in this thread make me want to watch the show all over again

don't forget this. start at 2:00

youtube.com/watch?v=zNoTiC6vHog

Not music-related but one of the funniest scenes

youtube.com/watch?v=16L_nAGFwbI

People hate on the overall witch plot, rightfully, but Clark getting influenced by magic is comedy gold.

>*Ma and Pa find him half naked in the barn*
>"You don't understand, it was magic!"
>"I'm sure it was"

I raise you a dancing clark scene

youtube.com/watch?v=BmdklhOVONU

I watched it in preparation for MoS when I was 14. I liked it. The later seasons with Stronk Womyn Lana and him meeting all the bad guys before he even puts on the suit were infuriating. I mean I didn't have cable so seeing Green Arrow in that instead of Arrow made me feel crappy.
At least Doomsday was better than BvS

I raise you a very hilarious confused scoff at about 2:04
youtube.com/watch?v=dupjr3s48uA

Smallville GA was so much better than Arrow's GA though.

>Doomsday was better than BvS
At least BvS Doomsday fulfilled his inane purpose of being a bland wrecking ball. His use in Smallville for some godawful love triangle jekyll and hyde shit was so bad,

>Doomsday is a dude who killed Jimmy because muh Chloe
I honestly prefer BvS Doomsday better, which is quite a thing to claim

Smallville's Green Arrow is way better than Arrow and Smallville's Doomsday was really boring towards the end of the arc. Started out interesting, but Davis' antics were just tired after a while.

and then they hit the dialogues out of the park in the most ridiculous moments. this whole scene just shows how much chemistry the writers wrote into the characters and how the actors were able to pull it off perfectly

youtube.com/watch?v=A1JMTDxheOk

>that "I must have really liked you" line and the looks they exchange afterwards

This scene is also a superb one for the two of them.

youtube.com/watch?v=lEhGmRNTXqk

Also
>that video name
Funny, I never heard of the ship names until after it ended

I also hated the way the villains got named. I recall it being worse than Cisco. Not to mention how (except for Doomsday and Luthor) every bad guy felt like a bootleg.
>that Mxyzptlk
>that Cyborg
>that Brainiac
>that Zod

and then the emo Clark where he just wore a black trench coat with the symbol cut in. And Red Kyrptonite episodes were a fucking chore.

>That smug little chuckle since he finally got one over on her
>realize she's staring right through you in a bit of an oh shit moment

They had great chemistry.

>scene starts
>that song

goddammit, that song makes my heart bleed everytime. the season 1 pilot instantly pops to mind and the memories behind it.

wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=wCsZfKxfl7s

sorry my old fogey friend, you are.

Adventures of Lois and Clark are so fucking cringey 50% of the time but their relationship is so sweet. Watched the show with my girl last year and she even liked it

Remind that if the show was made today Chloe would be endgame and Lois would've been killed. Chloe would also be 10x more annoying and also 20x better than Clark.

youtu.be/SXjXKT98esw

>sung by Lex Luthor

Is fuckin' awesome and seasons 4 & 5 are the best!

Tom welling already said he wants nothing to do with that character anymore, hes on another DC show though

Yes - it just went on too long.

The very first seasons were harmed by a crappy Lana and the meteor freak of the week setting.

Man.. was he chosen just because he looked like Christopher Reeve? Like he was very adament about not putting on the costume. He gave some phoned in acting in season 7-8. And now he just diesn't want to be Superman? Screw Tom Welling. I don't know why people here of all places wanted him to even cameo on Supergirl.

Not gonna lie when I saw promos for this on TV as a kid I had no idea it was superman and just thought it was some teen drama.

SAAAAAAAAVE MEEE
there can be more than one theme song joke in a thread right?

Same. The ads would interupt the saturday morning cartoons but I'd be checked out. And then I somehow made the connection that Smallville was where Superman lived. It was odd because I had seen the Superman Doomsday cartoon, and when I finally saw an ep it was the Doomsday arc

Reminder to read the Season 11 comics. They are fucking great.

There's a Wonder Woman arc that is amazing. And a Legion arc that is amazing too.

Glad youre okay user!

He NEVER wanted to be Superman. Just recently he did an interview about how it was his decision to not wear the suit in the finale because he wanted Smallville to be 100% about Clark Kent and they hadn't "earned" it yet.
I like the guy and his Clark but it's really obvious he did not ever want to be Superman.

I haven't read a lot of them but I feel like the show was unique from the DCU in that everything was low-budget and bootleg, and I feel like its comics should have been the same.

>and skipped the Lana heavy episodes
truly she was the worst part of the show
chloe was grating for a while until lois showed up but then we got the titty duo and well god damn

I bet he thought this show was just a jumping off point. For his sake I hope he got more (non-superman related) acting jobs. Otherwise I'm lmaoing at this spoiled Brad's life.

I thought he just never wanted to wear the suit, especially not the season where it was ending because Christopher Reeve just passed and he thought it was disrespectful.

Did they ever collect the last volume in trade?

I think the last one got solicited recently

It was corny as fuck, and everything involving Lana is best skipped, but it had some great moments.

Can we all agree that the final episode was worse than Lost?

Like he really cared about Reeves or the franchise that much.

There's a lot of good elements of "who is/what is" CK in it. The mother and father are probably GOAT, only because while Ma and Pa were very supportive, kind and affectionate, and there's nothing wrong with the actors, they just seemed inaccurately cast in Lois & Clark.

I like L&C because the syndication re-runs were the first thing I ever experienced of Superman as a kid, even before comics, so I do like that Clark, but he's not very traditional. A short series - a la Agent Carter/Netflix, written by someone other than the Supergirl writers, with the CK/Superman could be really cool, if they could get actual Netflix dollars for it.

nah

It's cheesy and early 2000s as fuck but really enjoyable.

>That new found glory right at the beginning
God dam I wasn't ready for this