Rick and Morty: "Morty's Mind Blowers" Discussion Thread

So we get an episode of Morty's bad memories instead of Interdimensional Cable. Good enough for me.

Episode airs at 11:30 PM EST.

Synopsis:
>Morty's memories are restored and we learn the truth in this one broh.

Leaks:
kametsu.com/topic/57130-cartoon-network-unofficial-previews/?do=findComment&comment=572581

Countdown:
itsalmo.st/#timeforidc3splaceholder

Other urls found in this thread:

madridista-again.tumblr.com/
episodate.com/tv-show/rick-and-morty
youtube.com/watch?v=crd8HvQX6V4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bumpz

>Morty's memories are restored and we learn the truth in this one broh.
doesn't sound like an interdimensional cable-type at all

I think that's a point a lot of people are missing the pre-epsiodes previews and descriptions have mostly been misleading all this season

>reddit and memey
kys

that's true broh

>LOOK AT ME ANONS I"M COOL IN FRONT OF A BUNCH OF ANONYMOUS POSTERS ON AN UNDERGROUND BANGLADESHI TAPESTRY FORUM

>one broh.
huh?

there should be a comma
>Morty's memories are restored and we learn the truth in this one, broh.
"broh" is addressing the reader as a different way of saying "bro"

Ok let's actually spur some fucking discussion here lads.

>Do you think "Evil Morty" is Rick C-137's OG Morty?
>Do you think "Evil Morty" is a robot, or a real kid with robotic implants or something?
>Is our Morty gonna go crazy this episode and abandon Rick?

Ooh ic.

>>Do you think "Evil Morty" is Rick C-137's OG Morty?
Yes
>>Do you think "Evil Morty" is a robot, or a real kid with robotic implants or something?
Implants, similar to how Rick had them in the The Whirly Dirly Conspiracy
>>Is our Morty gonna go crazy this episode and abandon Rick?
Probably not, maybe in the season finale.

Regardless I hope Evil Morty Isn't blown off like he was in the comic, same thing happened with Doofus Jerry.

I think young Rick is Morty.
>"Tall Morty" in the citadel is just a Rick
>When Evil Morty kisses a child with Rick features -looks just like me as a baby haha!-

Mark my fucking words: Protagonist Morty will become more and more like Rick over the course of the show. Eventually they'll have some kind of fallout, (possibly a somekind of showdown on the citadel against evil morty) and he will travel back in time becoming evil/eyepatch Morty (starting some time loop shenanigans).

Evil Morty prolly did something to take his Rick's knowledge. As you can see in pic related from the end of the episode there's a photo of him and a Rick with his head open, showing that he either took his Rick's brain or the Rick transferred his brain to a Morty's body. If that is his Rick in the photo then it kind of puts the C-137's OG Morty theory out of the question.

Speaking of doofuses, there was one thing bothering me about Doofus Rick. He says that he never had a family, which means he never had his own Morty. Then, in the same episode, when Citadel Ricks are just discovering that Evil Rick was an android being controlled all along, Doofus Rick just so happens to butt in to ask if "he can help," but is, of course, brushed aside before he can see what's really going on.

With the timing of that line and his prevalence in the episode, it made me think that maybe he's more than just comic relief. Maybe, since he never had a Morty, he built his own Morty. It's shown that he's not retarded... he's arguably as intelligent as the other Ricks, just waaaay more empathetic and emotional (and annoying). Maybe "Evil Morty" is the Morty that Doofus Rick built, but he fucked up somehow and it went rogue.

The only thing off with this theory that I pulled out of my ass just now is that it doesn't explain why Evil Morty wanted to take down Rick C-137 in particular.

That's way too fucking easy.
And shows a really closed minded perspective.

Rick and Morty are clearly two entirely separate entities now. Whether or not they started as one, there are billions and billions, and billions of these unique individuals across a limitless multiverse.
The multiverse seems to exist around their existence.
The key here is how the Rickest Rick could have wronged the Mortyest Morty, and the events surrounding that.

He could have leeched off of another rick. So it leaves the OG C137 and/or time travel theory intact

I feel like Doofus Rick was a red herring but I see where you're coming from.

oh wait, I forgot about how evil rick was an android, so that's probably all that that photo was showing. I really have to rewatch the first citadel episode.

Shit forgot about that too. Still think that evil morty is most likely either OG137 seeking revenge or protagonist morty travelling back in time. He has been shown to slowly become more like rick in the recent episodes.

>protagonist morty travelling back in time
oo, this could explain why he only wanted to kill rick c137 and not morty. (or did he try to kill morty too? idk)

Nahhh, we've seen iterations of a younger Rick and they look nothing like Morty. I know what you're talking about, but I think it was just something funny the artists threw into the background just because they could.

Plus, with the introduction of the "Simple Rick" wafers, it pretty much proves that he really is Beth's dad, and that their relationship isn't just a memory implant or something. So, if Rick is factually Beth's dad, then it doesn't make sense at all that he would also be Morty.

I think he was only trying to get rick. I could actually see them making morty increasingly more rick and writing the show into a timetravel loop

>>When Evil Morty kisses a child with Rick features -looks just like me as a baby haha!-
No I'm pretty sure he said something more along the lines of "Looks just like a Morty baby", showing that he believed that Ricks and Mortys were equal (which was not actually the case obviously)

Are...are you okay user?

Ricks could collectively be convincing each other, this themselves, that tasty ass Beth memory is real

I don't see it. Especially considering the multiple jerries we got to see.

STOP YOUR VILE DISCUSSION !! FOCUS ON THE MOST PRESSING MATTERS: IS MR POPPY BUTTHOLE REAL ?! WHERE DID HE GO ?!? WHY WAS HE ABLE TO BREAK THE FOURTH WALL ?!?

it's always funny when I remember they're based off doc brown and marty. I wonder why they didn't re-create the rest of the family from the movie.

That's good. The Interdimensional Cable eps were the only weak eps in this show's run.

Not the first case of somebody being their own grandfather.

Making one of them was fine but why they decided to make a fucking sequel is beyond me

Where can I watch it as soon as it comes out?

>superior science to all other Mortys
>sociopathic
>has access to brainswapping and remote mind control technology
Evil Morty is a Rick, the evillest Rick, using his Morty for eternal youth .

Madri usually posts it after the episode airs. Just wait for him.

They sort of did with the dad. George McFly was, much like Jerry, a spineless wimp in the original timeline. But since there's no time travel in Rick & Morty, we won't be seeing Jerry change into a confident best-selling author any time soon.

Who?

>Bill Cipher in the background
>one of the memory tubes is Stanford Pines

The Gravity Falls references in Rick & Morty are getting way out of hand. Full blown crossover when?

L A Z Y
A
Z
Y

Dude, no, that's stu- ...fuck. Now I gotta actually consider this shit cuz you might actually be onto something. Damn...

madridista-again.tumblr.com/

maybe they based them off marty's family. the daughter has reddish hair, the son is a spaz, marty is a loser. doc isn't related to them anyway in canon.

is this shitty site lying to me? according to this we are already 15 minutes into the new episode

episodate.com/tv-show/rick-and-morty

use the countdown in the OP.

I see a lot of support for universes where Morty is smart and Rick is dumb, but I'm not too sure about that all yet.

while I wouldn't be surprised if this was true it would be a little disappointing that there wasn't one smart and capable morty out there.

It's at 11 so if you're in PST it's at 8.
Still have 3 hours, 15 mins.

Maybe they thought it could be there "What if Machine" of of the show, or Treehouse of Terror

A cartoon having a recurring-plot of irrelevant stories isn't uncommon, Sup Forums

Yeah, I accidentally had the caps lock key depressed. How about you, doing alright today?

I know it isn't uncommon, faggot. That doesn't make ot less shit or less lazy.

It's an exercise in improv you stupid fuck.

All the greats did improv.

Improv is a cult

Shit improv on a high budget is still shit
, you bumbling fucking retard.

So do you think this is what Rick's wife actually looked like?

>You dind't get it, it's not clumsily and lazily rehashing shit that's been there before; it's improv, it's supposed to be inane garbage !

>Do you think "Evil Morty" is Rick C-137's OG Morty?
Yes, and I've seen the idea floating around that our Rick is not C-137 and that he hijacked the C-137 (now Cronenburged) universe before season 1 by killing its Rick or moving to a universe where the Rick just happened to die.

Don't ever reference this meme episode to me or my son ever again !

Holy shit Sup Forums, you need to kill yourself immediately if you get this triggered over getting called out on your own self-lazy thinking by needlessly rehasing thoughts over multiple spans of media.

SZECHUAN

What kind of autism causes you to be obsessed with calling people Sup Forums on fucking Sup Forums of all places ?

That's the face of the girl that served him sheshushushushan sauce.

>Shilling this hard for a family guy clip show episode

>same thing happened with Doofus Jerry.
what did?

It's confirmed in the comics that there's a council of morty who find the idea of a smart rick ridiculous.

no you're wrong rick is just old morty.

>The cronenberg universe C-137 family find a dead Rick corpse in their back garden with a portal gun
>They use the portal gun to track down Rick and Morty
>The family find Rick and Morty whilst they're in the midst of dealing with president Morty's tyranny
>They keep getting in the way
>Eventually the situation gets so dire that our Rick is forced to admit that he has never been the real C-137 since before season 1 and that he replaced him and buried him in the back yard just like he and C-137 Morty did with the new universe
>Morty asks Rick what happened to his original Morty
>It's president Morty

It just ties together too nicely to not take advantage of. I hope the finale is something special.

N I C E

why would the cronenburg world have a dead rick in the backyard? they didn't bury themselves in that world.

... Did you even read his post ?

Not really. Only that president Morty is from he rickiest Rick fits. The rest it doesnt.

That family was killed in Episode 1 of Season 3

lmao whoopsie

Unless they can survive being frozen, I dunno.

They were frozen. The question is if this was deadly in the writes opinion or not.

But I thought Ricks literally can not live without their Mortys and vice versa or something like that

Naw, our Rick used Morty to hide from the intergalactic government, which Rick collapsed at the beginning of season 3. So technically Rick doesn't need Morty anymore, yet he's still keeping him around.

This.
When can we just fucking have this.

I hate Summer's kidney bean-ass head.

youtube.com/watch?v=crd8HvQX6V4

shilling my video here gah sorry ill fuck off just had to do it

>intergalactic government, which Rick collapsed at the beginning of season 3
and they rebuilt and still exist and evil morty is their el presidente

That's the Citadel of Ricks you idiot, the intergalactic government were the bug aliens which so far haven't been shown to have recovered from having their currency crash.

The Citadel of Ricks =/= intergalactic government.
Rick teleported the citadel into the intergalactic government whilst he was collapsing it.

FUCK OFF Sup Forums

Morty is adorable

No he crashed it into a prison complex and crashed the currency from there.

Council HQ was devastated, Federation HQ was untouched in the attack but likely destroyed or heavily damaged in the ensuing period of collapse

idk guys, this season may have peaked with last weeks episode. It's probably all down hill from here is what the haters are hoping for

Where is this from?

M E R M A I D P U S S

I always forget how thin and lanky Summer is

idk man the only shitty episodes were the ones written by women, so as long as we don't get any more of those we're good (though I doubt it)

Why does the Ricklantis mixup have two names?
Was it a 2-parter and I missed the other episode?

"The Ricklantis Mixup" was bait. Shortly after Rick and Morty go through the portal to Atlantis it cuts to an establishing shot of the citadel with the title "Tales from the Citadel".

Tales from the Citadel is its original title

Ricklantis was given the new title as a misdirect

honestly I figure that girl is pretty close to what Rick's wife actually looked like

hence why she works so well in getting turned THICC and/or SWOLE

Morticia is even more adorable

Yup, calling it now president morty/evil morty will not be in the series finale, it'll actually be the earth president
>description: rick confronts the president

K good, that's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on Morty gettin somma dat mermaid puss.

>goo mortica
my DICK

SOMEONE POST A FUCKING STREAM