What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Bryke syndrome 2.0

They didn't do it because they cared, they did it for money.

nothing. i enjoyed it immensely.

This.

The entire season went dowhill once Ashi became a prominent character. All of us knew it from the start. It's a 10 fucking episode cinematic series, we wanted to see how our Jackie boy overcomes himself and regains his path. Adding further characters when all of his characteristics are already set from other seasons was unnecessary, and in this case, degrading. What does Ashi contribute to Jack's character? She trivialized it. Jack didn't overcome his suicidal thoughts, Ashi literally killed them. Jack didn't make the decision to go back to the past. Ashi pushed him in the portal.

Among other things, focus on this character made the pacing be all over the place. We didn't need to see jack babysit a monkey in a monsters gut for 20 minutes, we didn't need to be reminded why Aku is evil,we didn't need to have all the fucking cameos say what we already saw in the previous seasons, we didn't need to see the overpowered mary sue character that Ashi is by brooming through an army of robots just by using brute force, and most importantly of all, we didn't need to see Jack turned into a horny teen for an entire episode that provided nothing plotwise.

Genndy turned a well beloved series with a promising chance to wrap up the whole plot into his own shitty fanfic to wank at. It's like he just ran out of ideas after episode 3 and used his fetishes as filler for the remainder of the season.

No. It was completely different.
Bryke deliberately destroyed everything about ATLA because living in ATLA's shadow was Korra's worst nightmare.
Meanwhile Genndy just projected his fanfic fantasy about waifu and abandoned edgy matured version of Jack from first two episodes that everyone loved.

Hillary Clinton called, she wants to blame Ashi for making her lose the election.

Gurren Lagann

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO LIKE SOMETHING DON'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCKING PLEB!!! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you're saying the same thing using different words, mate.

Ashi becoming romantic interest instead of daughter figure

You got a father/daughter relationship user, just not the one you wanted

I like romance and shipping and I hated Ashi and the entire romance plot.

Well lets see, Mako died, (baldwin was decent tho) and they tried to compress something like two seasons into one.

was decent though.

The finale needed to be two episodes.

Aside from that the action never reached the great highs of Jack vs the sisters, and Jack getting his sword back wasn't as spectacular of a moment as it should have been.

Like most things, shipping ruined it

>The finale needed to be two episodes.
You're a moron.

Nothing, nothing at all.

Jack should have kept the beard

The expectation was a final season of closure. The reality was just another season with a rushed finale.

Pretty much this
I still get sad whenever I rewatch the first 3 episodes and think of all the wasted potential

>its another "the hype died down now i hate samurai jack because its the new hot meme" thread
50 years have passed, and OP is still a fag.

Dumb jokes aside, what went wrong was that they had too little time to tell the whole story. The first few episodes are GREAT because they have their own sense of pace, meanwhile as the time runs shorter, things start happening too damn fast and the whole story starts to fall apart.

If they had more time (like, an entire season, or at least something bigger than 10 episodes) to keep a decent pace going, things would have been better (minus a handful of issues like ashi, i doubt that they'd have managed to make her much better than she was with extra time).

OP is a faggot desu. There's literally nothing wrong with this season.

Liking something doesn't mean its good. I like The Room, but its fucking terrible

ppl where shitting on samurai jack while it was airing. sometimes rightfully so - the series was very rushed

nvm, that's basically what you said. i'll admit i didn't ready your post and only the greentext

Eh, its fine. I'm happy that SJ got a conclusion after all those years, but at the same time its sad because it could have been much better.

Also i'm surprised no one did a edit of the ending where aku pops up in fron of the screen yelling "NOT" like he did earlier in the finale.

There was one of the ladybug turning into Aku and saying "I'LL BE BACK SAMURAI, YOU'LL SEE" like 5 minutes after the finale

It was rushed with not too many episodes to pace out the season and should have remained cancelled.

>There was one of the ladybug turning into Aku and saying "I'LL BE BACK SAMURAI, YOU'LL SEE" like 5 minutes after the finale
Could you link me over to that? its fucking perfect with the show's dynamic between aku and jack

I was unironically terrified that was actually going to happen when I first watched the finale.

And I don't think I'm the only one.

Pacing
Ashi is a lame character

A show that cared only about momentary coolness in action and episodic settings attempted to tell a dramatic story.

Ashi survived.

But she didn't

Rushed ending.

She still survived long enough to ignore Jack and get controlled by Aku.

So the whole portal guardian thing was a retcon
Yes/no?

Bit of A Stumper, perHaps it Is a mystery.

what the hell is a bashi