If he just placed himself in the game as a racer and not the king would anyone have given a shit?

Instead of usurping Penelope's position as ruler and leaving her as a hobo, he just added himself to the game as an ordinary racer would anyone care?

He was not really a villain, he just wanted to remain relevant in modern games.

Other urls found in this thread:

web.archive.org/web/20170715022337/http://io9.gizmodo.com/wreck-it-ralph-2-is-bringing-back-all-the-disney-prince-1796938437
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>if he wasn't a villain with hubris then he wouldn't have been the villain with hubris
No shit, dingus

But she becomes the most popular character after her status is restored. He might've thought he needed to be the royal figure to BE relevant.
Also he tried killing her, more than once. He's still a villain

>would anyone care?

Yes. He would care. His entire characterization was being so pissed off at another game getting more attention than his that he destroyed both of them. Inserting himself as just another racer wouldn't fit with his personality, he had a fundamental need to be the center of attention and most important person.

His problem was ego, though. He was the star of his own popular (in the 80s) game, and when time and technology moved on he couldn't accept being anything less. So once he found a way to fit into/in with Sugar Rush, he HAD to become the star as in the old days to satiate his pride.

Something would be amiss with random old guy racer among all the other candy themed kids racers

He could have created an avatar of himself that was young.
Turbo didn't look as old as King Candy after all\

I would have liked it if King Candy was Vanellope's father possessed by Turbo.

Turbo probably did kill and replace the original NPC King Candy while taking Vanellope's spot in the roster as well.

That idea seems pretty turbotastic

This guy tried killing the protagonist more than once and he's a hero.

Turbo's problem was that he wanted to be the best and have all eyes on him.

Would you rather be Woody or Stinky Pete?

Maui didn't fuck up an entire other gameworld beforehand in a desperate bid for relevance.

Nope, he fuck up the regular world beforehand in a desperate bid for relevance

>Things that never happened

Yea no user, Maui did not actively go about fucking up a planet, and definitely not because of pure ego.

Ask yourself this, user; in a game with a bunch of adorable loli characters, would YOU choose the random old guy?

You're right; he unintentionally fucked up a planet because of pure ego.

Naw, see, if he was anything but the King he wouldn't have unquestioned authority over the place or access to the code.

He did unintentionally do It, albeit he had good intentions

Consider this: Both Maui and King Candy fucked up a world because they wanted validation.

The reason Maui is a hero, however, is because his need for validation wasn't negative, if that makes any sense. Yes, he wanted attention, but that was because he liked humans, and he wanted them to like him back.

Turbo, on the other hand, permanently fucked up two games and almost killed a third one because he couldn't stand not being the center of attention. He wanted the attention people gave him as a main character, but he never gave a shit about making the players happy.

Te fiti was fucking up the planet because she was insane

Maui just got fucked because god fuckery as usual

He likely still would have had to replace a rider already in the game to maintain stability.

No, he was definitely a villain. He didn't want to remain relevant, he wanted control.

The difference was that Maui's attempt was to make humans' lives better. He wanted humans to like him, and in turn thought he was being Robin Hood by taking from gods and giving to humans.

On the other hand, Turbo just wanted to take control of any game he could. He wanted absolute subjugation of his world. He even enjoyed considering himself the main villain when fighting Ralph.

Still not quite sure how the Turbo revelation came as such a shock. I think it's because 'going Turbo' was discussed and hinted at a lot but it didn't seem to be given so much prominence that it was easy to suss out that that was going to be the twist. I was genuinely quite impressed. Perfect twist imo.

There is a high probability this is accurate.

The figure of the King probably existed on the game .
if not real people would think that the game was defective to have a strange character winning all the time.
Not to mention that it was not turbo trapping the characters memories it was the king .
that means turbo probably steal the Kings place.
now , the mystery is what could have happened to the real king .

major flaw I find is that whenever Vanellope crosses the finish line, the whole game resets
best case scenario is that Turbo just kinda gets reset out of the game and killed. worst is that he reverts from whatever persona he adopted to be in the game to his normal one, probably turning from 3d-to-2d and fucking the game up like he did with that other racing game, especially jarring if Vanellope gets ahead of him and crosses while he's still racing, probably causing him to side scroll in place
so King Candy was probably an unused character model that Turbo put on like a suit

A minor factor for me was that Disney films were kind of average/mediocre at the time. A third through the movie I actually thought "What if King Candy IS Turbo... Nah, Disney wouldn't do a good idea like that."

and then I got BTFO

Disney didn't really do twist villains at the time (well, I guess there was Lotso in Toy Story 3). Now, after this and Frozen and Zootopia, it's almost expected.

A reminder, Wreck it Ralph 2 is going to suck all kinds of ass. We've only been exposed to a this tiny portion...

web.archive.org/web/20170715022337/http://io9.gizmodo.com/wreck-it-ralph-2-is-bringing-back-all-the-disney-prince-1796938437

...And its already abundantly clear that this movie isn't going to be about video games except in the most tangential fashion. Its going to be about internet culture, specifically Hollywood's lefty view of internet culture.

I don't think he would have fit in anywhere else
I mean, sure he could have swapped himself in with one of the other players, but he would have been out of place even with the disguise
As king candy, he could stand out as different yet still belong.