Reminder that all you need to know about Mike Stoklasa is contained in the following sentence- He made a Plinkett...

Reminder that all you need to know about Mike Stoklasa is contained in the following sentence- He made a Plinkett review of First Contact but not any TOS movies even though there are TOS movies that are worse than First Contact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU
youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE
memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Generations
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mike likes bad things

Stop obsessing over e-celeb faggots like a tumblr faggot

I'm sorry, but this needs to be said.

RLM are the living embodiment of the smug, detached Gen-X ethos.

I'd venture to guess none of them has felt a single sincere conviction about anything since childhood. They exist as polyps upon the colon of culture, satiating themselves on the perceived failures of others (i.e. "The Man") while adding nothing new to the discourse aside from ironic complaint.

They're a group of insecure, lost, rapidly aging burnouts who silently believe they could do a better job of making films than the professionals in the industry. Yet they lack the ambition and ability to actually enter the very industry they're obsessed with. They choose instead to fuck around and make student film piss-takes well into middle age.

They are awful, awful people. I've met thousands just like them, and the last thing we need is for these people to gain any attention for their navel gazing.

Please, Sup Forums, do not aspire to become anything like these people. Theirs is a lonely road leading to depression and a life devoid of real purpose.

I hope they disappear and their disaffected followers stop subsidizing their lifestyle. Perhaps that would force them to do something productive with themselves.

Mike is a self loathing alcoholic so that automatically makes him /ourguy/ no matter what is said.

this

why does anyone care about these people?

The bad TOS movies are fun bad, the TNG movies are painful.

Good question, anyone care to answer?

where the fuck is the next video, i miss them

First Contact is painful?

Stupid meme opinion. It was generally considered the second best movie behind Wrath of Khan until RLM got big

Mike sabotages himself and harms everyone around him in the process.

When contacted by a studio to do an independent film, he pitched them Gorilla Interrupted 2, because he's some sort of retard or something.

He half-assed the Space Cop script into being bad on purpose instead of putting in a sincere effort.

The whole stupid gay wedding plot that dragged on and on for a year and was ultimately pointless was all his idea.

Why does Mike hate himself so much? Why does he feel the need to drag everyone else down with him on his self-loathing spiral?

Why doesn't Mike put his dad in videos?

Only Final Frontier is worse than First Contact.

oof yeah... when you list it out like that...

delete this

So my point stands. Also Search For Spock is 80% putrid crap.
Only good part is Kirk's reaction to David dying.

The late 70s is around the time Mike says he stops watching "old bullshit". He says its nice that so and so old film was groundbreaking "at the time" but there is no need to go watch cavement bang two rocks together

>The only things worth doing in life are things that are good for society
>Making money by screwing around is not a noble goal in life

Found the communist

it's a pasta

no u

We did it. We're the ones who made Mike the way he is.

that isn't his real dad is it?

its a balance, search for spock is an odd duck. Only happening because of a decision Nimoy made in the last movie to not want to do any more Star Trek because of how much he hated the first one, but when he loved WoK he wanted to stay on so SfS is an amalgam of weird ideas and strange visuals. But at least the story holds up and lead to one of the best trek films in general Voyage Home. First contacts story crumbles the moment you think about it and it gets hindered more when you actually try and think about it in context of picards story arc in TNG. Its a fun action movie with solid visuals but that's it

Also how're you gonna tell a brother that you didn't like Christopher Lyod as a klingon?

You already admitted that FF is worse than FC so my OP stands.
And I can only think of Lyod as Doc Brown.

;_;

Any Patreon updates, friends?

eh Final Frontier is more honest that First Contact. Sure First contact looks nicer and is edited better but what was the message? The best of trek has always been stories with a point or question behind them, yes FF is muddled but it at least can make for interesting conversation about the nature of god and how our cultures change the way we interact with each other and the world. Also I see Patrick Stewart as Jean Luc Picard but doesn't mean he doesn't make a good Xavier or Ahab

The single exchange about 24th century economics is more conversation starting than anything in FF.
Also,
>honest
loser

>calling a fellow trek poster a loser
>right after calling a one off quote about utopian economics interesting

I'm not saying you're wrong but it seems to be the pot calling the kettle black here

>Dude I enjoy the most grotesque and despicable movies imaginable but if there's a rape scene in there we're going to have a problem

and the movie was honest, it was very honest about how arrogant and insane Shatner is

>He made a Plinkett review of First Contact but not any TOS movies

He made a Plinkett commentary of Final Frontier.

>Plinkett commentary
So one one hundredth of the effort and years later?
damn...

Yeah I may have gone too far in a few places.
I stand by my opinions on the movies though.

My problem with all of the next gen movies is honestly just one of missed opportunities. They released Insurrection right in the middle of the last season of DS9 missing a great opportunity to do a great dominion war movie but they went with a half completed story instead. First Contact looked good but didn't really do much for the borg other than detract from them in my opinion. The queen is an interesting idea but trying to articulate a singular intelligence behind the borg kinda goes against what they were supposed to be at first. The TNG movies didn't ever try to change the tone up between them the same way the TOS movies did. Its most likely because the shows were coming out at the time so they probably felt the need to be more "adult" (ie actiony) to appeal to a general audience.

>probably felt the need to be more "adult" (ie actiony) to appeal to a general audience.
What is TWoK, Alex.

TOS movies aren't anywhere near as bad as the next gen movies, so this is fine.

Wrath of Khan had good action, next gen movies were shit action. Learn the difference.

goalposts: moved

Final Frontier is amateur compared to any other Trek movie.

Back when plinkett was still a thing I was expecting to get videos about the bad tos movies. But, alas

>But, alas
But, alas- Mike is just a nostalgiafag.

>goalposts
Not at all. Reread the post since you seem to be having trouble.
>Final Frontier is amateur compared to any other Trek movie.
Generations and Insurrection make it look good user.

Is Mike a soyboy?

>Generations and Insurrection make it look good user.
Nope. Frakes is a better director than Shatner, and Generations has a less disjointed script than FF. After all, the same guys who wrote All Good Things wrote Generations.

Yep, which is why Mike only watches trash like Jurassic World and Thor Ragnarok. Mike has gone full brainlet.

yes but the there was a theme to WoK, the whole movie is a metaphore for growing old and accepting it, while it was an action film it used the action to emphasize the feelings the story was trying to convey. How do any of the characters change or grow throughout any of the TNG movie? First contact is a lot of fun but it just barely covers what Best of both worlds and family cover in terms of what Picard went through, it contradicts the Hugh episode completely considering if he was that torn up about the borg still he would've just tried to wipe them out when he had the chance

fake plinkett is better

youtube.com/watch?v=I7jTfgXfaCU

youtube.com/watch?v=7N0_GdI8TWE

>the same guys who wrote All Good Things wrote Generations.
Then why is Generations such a gigantic pile of shit?

>All Good Things is bad
incorrect opinion

The guys who wrote Generations completely admit that it was awful and all of their attention went into All good things at the detriment to generations. The first TNG movie should've been All good things and the 7th season of next gen should've had the crossover we all wanted. Or they should've had a movie about the next gen crew vs the mirror TOS crew

Quit shilling your terrible video

where the fuck is the new botw

My dude, TWoK was the producers plebing up Trek after ToS on steroids (TMP) failed.

>The guys who wrote Generations completely admit that it was awful
source
Source for the "admit it was awful" part, specifically.

>All Good Things is bad
What? Learn to read dumbass, I was talking about Generations.

Whoops.
Read that as "So that's why Generations is such a gaint pile of shit".

Mike Stoklasa has become the very thing he once ridiculed. Look at the Avatar review for instance; he spends 90 minutes going on about Cameron's blatant pandering to the lowest common denominator, marveling (no pun intended) at Cameron's proficiency for manipulating the audience to make them feel how he wants them to feel, how he wants them to think.

Fast forward a couple of years later. Jurassic World is released -- its heavily established to be a soft reboot operating on the hype of faux-nostalgia and Pratt's recent Guardians of the Galaxy success.

Mike loves it. Hits all the right buttons. Really gets his inner manchild going. He basically reveres the film to Jay Bauman's utter disgust.

This is the first sign of Stoklasa's downfall, his immediate descent into the anti-thesis of Mr. Plinkett. He's become lazy, brainwashed, unwittingly indoctrinated into the modern Hollywood machine sculpted by the likes of Disney executives.

It's October 2015. Disney gets in touch with Red Letter Media. They offer him a deal he simply can't refuse; he's instructed to praise Disney's numbered Star Wars episodes while taking critical albeit nonsensical liberties with the standalone films, all the while consistently spewing a casual commitment to every Marvel film that is released. Mike and his goons are heavily compensated for this, successfully turning the likes of the internet's pseuds into DDs (Disney Dudes).

The real enemy isn't Collider, or Loot Crate boxes.

It's Mike Stoklasa.

This pasta sucks because it implies that Mike was ever good.
Back to the drawing board, friendo.

>Implying Mike isn't the best one

I want to fuck young Mike.

Best one of what?

Mike plz fuck off to Reddit

RLM person

>RLM
>"person"

look up parasocial relationships. its honestly kind of sad but i don't blame people for having a favorite youtube channel obviously. but having seen a good number of RLM videos i can safely say they aren't particularly good movie critics and overall somewhat loathsome human beings. anytime i watch a best of the worst video and see them making fun of peoples attempts at film making it just comes off as so pathetic and desperate. a little too much projecting going on

"Later drafts of Generations and the full TNG finale "All Good Things..." were written simultaneously. This often led the writers to mix the stories up. In their joint 2004 commentary for the Star Trek Generations (Special Edition) DVD, they admitted that they felt "All Good Things..." turned out to be the superior effort. During the scripting stages, however, the studio had few qualms and preproduction proceeded even as filming on Star Trek: The Next Generation was winding down and Deep Space Nine continued."

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Trek_Generations

The it was awful was paraphrasing, obviously the writers of a major motion picture would never go that far deprecating their own work if they're not big enough to coast on their name. But Generations was a clusterfuck of half baked ideas and "what if we did this" rather than a real effort to do a good story driven movie

>anytime i watch a best of the worst video and see them making fun of peoples attempts at film making it just comes off as so pathetic and desperate. a little too much projecting going on
Has anyone here actually seen Space Cop?

Come on dude. There's not even an impicaltion that they have that low of an opinion of it.
Something can be worse than All Good Things and still be good. That's a high bar.

Generations has moments of beauty just like the TNG finale.
The entire "Kirk's nexus" section is something special.

I saw it. It's decent for what it is.

>for what it is.
Ironic shit but still shit?

I wouldn't put it in those exact words. It's kinda fun, but it's nothing great.

there are some nice moments to the movie but its just a shame they didn't spend more time on it. Which is the studios fault admitiedly but WoK is the result of studio interference and came out great so its a bit of a crap shoot.

True, Jay is a degenerate no irony intended

That's because TNG is a better series.

This, the TOS movies were a step up, the TNG movies were on the same level or worse than a decent episode of the source.

I mean, City on The Edge of Forever and Mirror, Mirror are better than any of the movies.

I was so on board until you said (((professionals)))
nice try chosen person, aint gettin by me tho

The Voyage Home is the best TOS film and surpasses every episode of the show.

Debatable.

no

I love Mike, but I always wondered why he felt so above those anime people at the con he covered when he obsesses over Star Trek

debatable

classic Gilchrist

>he felt so above those anime people at the con he covered when he obsesses over Star Trek

He's a bit more self-aware than those anime people.

Mike is from an earlier age where Trekkies were the king of the nerds and anime was almost non existent.