Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Clearly Morty because he was given very specific instructions.

*clicking sound in near distance*

Unless everything once they went into space was supposed to be part of the "it doesnt make sense joke where he flips a light switch when just told to get a shovel" then morty was although rick didn't have to to off on him for flipping the first switch then turning it off again

Unironically Rick for leaving somdthing so important where it could be hit or flipped by accident. I don't even leave switches for minor appliances uncovered if I need to use those outlets for them for some reason. That's asking for trouble.

I mean yeah

but wtf Rick why would you connect like 12 people's life support to a single switch in the garage

I mean what if literally anyone walked into the garage tried to turn on the lights and hit the wrong switch?

I didn't get the joke here... was it just supposed to be that Morty is so dumb he could somehow mistake a lightswitch for a shovel?

The joke is that when he doesn't follow directions bad shit happens.

Rick is totally in the wrong here. He should know morty isnt capable of following instructions and doesnt know his right from his left.

Also this is worse than 5 mortys and a set of jumper cables

That's the joke, yeah I mean it's clearly a fucking incompetent move if taken seriously, though in this case probably just a joke about Rick having so little regard for human life too. But you don't even do that to a PC.

Jerry is gone, Summer likely knows what the switch does as Rick tends to fill her in on the most basic inner workings of the lab as she's shown a reasonable amount of aptitude with many of Rick's inventions (Although still fucks up), Morty should know better than to ever touch anything in the lab he's unsure about, and Beth is so afraid to lose her father again that she refuses to enter his personal space unless he's in there, in which case the lights are almost assuredly only unless he has Morty assisting with light switches, which means Beth would be blocked by Morty and would be incapable of using said light switches.

It's not hard to figure out.

Rick for failing to comply to OH&S standards, which require risks like that to be clearly marked with a warning sign

If Rick had TOLD him what it does, he would have been a lot more careful.

its a flashback, Jerry might have still been around

besides its not beyond Rick himself to make a simple mistake, he literally murdered someone who saved their lives because he thought they were on a different planet than they were

I assume you're kidding. There's no reasonable reason not to just cover it like you do if you plug in a fridge or something there. There's too many ways it could accidentally get hit or someone new might be in there. Literally the whole joke.

I just don't get how it related to the first bit at all. It would've been funnier if they were two separated, seemingly unrelated memories, and one ended with a callback to the other.

If it was gonna be just one memory, and Rick was being a dick to prove a point, then it should've been like "There're two switches Morty, the left wakes up these people, the other cuts off their life support, now go flip the LEFT switch."

I mean, what would Rick have done if Morty HAD gotten the shovel? Tell him to start shoveling the shit out of his life?

You can't be this stupid on purpose right?

The joke is that Rick puts ridicolously important switches right next to the light switch.
Morty goes into the room to find a shovel, instinctively reaches for the light switch, the light does not go on.
Badum-tissssshhhh and all that.

Of course I'm kidding.
The entire post was my attempt at BS Rick logic.

Morty. Was given clear instructions, fucked them up killing a bunch of people.
Also I'm getting fucking tired of this show. I just want the old Rick and morty adventures back, but instead we get these bullshit episodes. And the writers hold it over our heads having them go on adventures off screen.

First it was Atlantis and the mermaid puss. Now it's them ditching us at the end of an episode.

>Who was in the wrong here?

Rick.
It's just sloppy design theory: why the fuck would he put the life support kill switch to a bunch of astronaut specimens right next to the garage's light switch? Anybody could have accidentally flicked it at any time, never mind Morty, but Beth or Summer could have flicked it on or off just as easily by accident. I could understand 'why' he'd want a switch like that so close to home, but not why he'd just arbitrarily put it where he did.

That said, it was a good joke, I liked it.

Rick. Always RIck.

Did Morty ask Rick to make him forget that time he was almost raped by King Jellybean?

Why didn't Rick make Morty forget about the fact that he's actually from another universe where everyone has been turned into monsters?

I related to the joke. I like the way Rick carried on his experiment, sighed and pinched his nose, abd did a play by play on what Morty did. And the way they drove something everbody does once in a while to the extreme (because it's Rick) made it funnier.

Well... we always caught them when they were in the middle of an interesting adventure. And now we've seen enough to know the types of adventures they go on. I think the only episode that made me confused was the parasite episode, up until they explained what was going on.

I think this is one of those things he actually kept because it would mean Morty would have to ask.

Okay, is anybody actually going to say otherwise if I say THIS episode marks Rick as unabashedly evil, not just an asshole? The man mind-wiped his grandson for laughing at "granite instead of granted" and beating him at checkers, ffs.

I still think the superhero SAW episode made that perfectly clear, but this isn't even remotely defensible.

>Unironically Rick for leaving somdthing so important where it could be hit or flipped by accident.

This.

>Petty and Evil are interchangeable now

So....
what did morty flipped last instead of grabbing the shovel?

he reflexively went to tun on the lightswitch in the storage closet
and when no light came on, it meant literally anything could have gotten turned on or off anywhere in the universe. when he realizes his mistake rather than try to rectify it he just finds the shovel in the dark anyway

Rick. I don't know why you'd need life support for multiple people hooked up to a single switch, unless they're hostages or whatever, but even though Morty was given a simple "Hit the switch on the left" instruction, it's just bad design if an incorrect switch causes something so absurdly bad.

Also, wow! We're talking about a Rick and Morty episode, and no tumblr SJWs are here trying to drive a wedge between the general group and anyone who criticizes:
>women
>the new women that work on this show
>roiland
>hamon
>SJW bullshit
>the abundance of SJW bullshit in nu-R+M, like Summer getting dumped "Hurting her body image" and making Morty justified in mutilating and disfiguring the boy that dumped her even though she cheated on him a week ago
>the recent childish take on the subject of a personality's negative or """toxic""" aspects
>this show in any way
>anyone who brings up the diversity hire
>anyone that complains about Rick suddenly being an immortal invincible god able to create and do anything, no matter what logic or morality says. Like Sherlock from the godawful BBC's Sherlock adaption, he is an all-powerful all-knowing ubermensch whenever the plot needs him to be
>the excessive amount of "hey we did X offscreen"
>the pointless "Haha we know we're shit, deal with it! Poopybutthole shit poop we're ripping off The Simpsons now! Now we're ripping off the Avengers! Look at us, we're so clever because we insult pop cultural icons far more enduring and timeless than we'll ever be! haha lmao penis dick orgasm jacking off a fat alien!" tone.
>The Moffat Problem. Also known as "This show used to be about the adventures this guy would go on, now it's about this guy and how special and cool and mega magical he is, and the show suffers for it".
>Evil Morty being the show's sole good thing, because the writers haven't fucked him up yet. (But it'll happen soon, cough cough BBC Sherlock's Moriarty)

>I believe a negative descriptor and the word for a person with too many negative descriptors aren't interchangable lmao ecks dee i win another internet argument my good man

Fuck off, leddit.

Rick's a douchebag. Rick is a petty douchebag with no sense of morality at all. He is evil. No, this one stupid-evil act doesn't put him on the Stupid Evil section of the morality chart, all his actions when taken as a whole do, especially his actions in this episode. When you erase someone's memories, you erase a part of them they could have used and learned from, and you render the time spent on that experience meaningless. When you fully erase someone's memories, you kill that person, there's just a new blank slate in the still-alive body wondering who they are and what's going on.

Rick's a cunt. Your favorite character is a cunt. Deal with it.

>it's a "Sup Forums overthinks rick & morty jokes like a bunch of autists" episode

It's always the most Reddit posters who accuse others of being Reddit. Spacing and everything.

do you have brain damage or something?

"click" "click"
"click"

This reddit spacing thing is factually and unarguably a meme. It is a symptom of the quick reply window and a combination of peoples' habit of inserting a line to separate paragraphs while word processing.

^that separates the paragraph you ignorant fuck. There is no format similar to this present on Reddit except the one which is inherent in modern human typists. You're just noticing a trend with typical typsetting and reddit-tier delicate sensibilities or "normies". You know, the type of idiots who get offended by the words "nigger" or "faggot", or politics, or the very mention of a God which causes them to question their place in the universe.

The realtor. That double light switch is not supposed to be in garages. Garage lights are turned on and off by a pull chain.

Why would turning the life support off just for a split second kill them

Knowing Rick turning of the life support automatically also injects them with a fast acting neuro toxin, because if he turned of the life support he obviously needed them dead right now.

He's just that kind of guy.

I... I don't know what to say anymore. What's it going to take, man? What does Rick need to do to qualify as evil?

Literally the only difference between Rick's abuse of Morty and another drunk parent's abuse of their child is that instead of the parent beating him until he stops complaining about being beaten for pissing the parent off, Rick just constantly fucks Morty over and then wipes Morty's mind anytime his tech or adventures has traumatized him beyond function.

He gave Morty the balancing equivalent of heroin to spite Morty's attempt to build a shelf, and then wiped Morty's mind because Morty couldn't function without it.

This is a 1:1 metaphor for child abuse.

Why the fuck do you idiots try so hard to forget that this show is a comedy?

What's scenario 3? If there's at least 4 scenarios, why are there 3 instruction cards in the box?

Scenario one is condition normal

Wasn't that segment called Rick's Sick Flicks?

Things like good and evil are artificial constructs, like gender
burrrppp

>gender is an artificial construct
>people are born with a certain sexuality

fucking this.

Are you literally retarded?

this entire fucking show is like when Family guy makes touch-feely episodes about stewie and brian

fucking obnoxious just like Bojack

The only people who try to redeem Rick are the same numales who claim they love the show so much because they identify with him. It's pretty obvious to everyone else he's awful.

Fucking hell. All the user is saying is that being petty enough to want someone to forget beating you at a game of checkers hardly qualifies as evil. He didn't say that he didn't think Rick was evil. If you wanted proof of that there are FAR better examples to use than the ones in this episode, don't be this dense.

Remind me. Who owned Feed and Seed again?

Reddit spacing is the best way to spot newfags.

Reddit is such a worn out strawman, in the time these kids have been beating this dead horse we fought somethingawful, fark, 9gag, gaia online, and a few other usurpers. Its an easy target because they don't even hate us, they fucking love us, they have several boards dedicated to the best and the worst.

These newfags like to shake their impotent fist like they are some internet tough guys like anonymous, shit half the oldfags didn't even wage war like they did.

Sneed. The store had a previous owner, but under him it was named Chuck's Farming Supply Store. The previous owner's name was Chuck, obviously.

Both, but mostly Rick. Morty should've listened, but if I put a switch with such dire consequences in easy reach of any of the shmoes that live in my house, unlabeled and NEXT TO THE LIGHT SWITCH, it's my fault when one of those shmoes flips it, regardless of whatever instructions I gave.

Are you okay, user?

>Rick knew religion was real
>Still kept saying it wasn't
What did he mean by this?

Almost like you shouldn't blindly believe everything that comes out of his mouth.

But why does he try to keep it hidden and continue to lie?

He is a self destructive asshole, he is the typical neck beard fedora wearer who likes to act like they know better but deep down they hate them selves and they have to externalize that towards people around them by nihilism.

Zamasu?

ye