THIS

is our final villain of the series...

DESU im still buttmad they write off the lich and made him a fucking baby. He was always supposed to be the big bad, and at this point it seems that latest episode with him in it will be his last

WoY wanted 3 seasons and they gave them 2. AT wanted 10 seasons and they cut them by 1.

Fucking hell

I expected nothing and I am still impressed by how low a bar they have set. Congrats.

No cartoon needs 10 fucking seasons to tell a good story. The writers just suck.

AT doesn't even have a story though.

> has foreshadowing, teases, continuous plotlines, season finales
> doesn't have a story

Sure.

The lich will possess finns dad by offering him power/riches beyond what he could weasel out of others. Mark my words, thats what they're going for. There are still a lot of hands left of the lich.

>The lich will possess finns dad
And then Orgalorg shows up! And he makes out with the Flame Princess and Susan Strong! And Billy comes back from the dead! And all the genderbent characters kill their counterparts!

Lets be real, after all the teases they gave over the years the finale will be anti climactic as fuck, and because they made too much about the series for forshadowing for future plot points that really affected the shows quality, there are going to be a shitton if loose ends never going to be addressed.

It doesn't. There are plot threads sure, but no overarching narrative to speak of.

Shut up! Let me live my lies. Its not going to end like the lich saga. It can't.

Someone kill me.

Why do you people want AT to have a stereotypical narrative with the typical build up to a BBEG and fireworks and shit? The whole point of AT in my opinion is its subversion of tropes and shit. I'd be disappointed if Finn and Jake teamed up with princesses and marceline and other losers and fought some horrible creature together.

I have the feeling the series will not end with a classic type of "ending", in the sense of a final conclusion for all the stories and plots.

I say this because Jack Pendarvis already confirmed on his twitter that AT has been cancelled by orders of the execs and not ended by the writers' choice and also because giving it an "end" kills the point of AT.

But it doesn't matter since AT went to shit since Pen Ward stopped being involved with it.

I know it's still too EARLY to be complaining as AT likes to draw things out before it plays it's hand or whatever they have planned, but..Nothing about Gumbald really makes sense?

What exactly was motivating him to just 'sell' stuff or become a 'brand', exactly? Who was he going to sell stuff too precisely? They were the only ones out there or around anywhere, it doesn't make any sense. A lot of Gumbald's evil just seems completely out of context: the Ice King is evil because he has dementia, the Lich King is evil because he's a spirit of destruction, the King of Oo is 'evil' because he wants to make money to compensate for a life of poverty.... Why the fuck is Gumbald evil? Because he's immature and cranky? Like Tiffany?

The other issue I have with Gumbald is it doesn't feel almost "appropriate" for him to be an end-of-the-series villain- the pacing or build up just feels completely off unless they're building up to something completely unexpected. Gumbald gives the impression of just.. some asshole wizard/scientist who's got a chip on his shoulder and no farsight.

I think each of PB's pseudo-family was an aspect of her own personality. Chicle was her narcissism, Lolly was her aloofness, and Gumbald was her ambition.

>no, really, the show has gotten good again!

>shitposting at 7 am
Shouldn't you be getting ready for school?

I think Penn just stepped down from creative director? He's still involved in the show. Hell, he just accepted the emmy award that AT got.

Where did Bemo get those hammers?

I agree, he's just a generic asshole right now, like KoO except not as fun and without a good motivation. Hopefully that changes, otherwise I want to see this Gumbald arc get resolved soon.

>unless they're building up to something completely unexpected
Well, this is Adventure Time. I expect that he won't be the final villain, but that his actions will be the catalyst for something greater.

So they've retconned it so Gumbald was behind a lot of the past attacks?

No? He only just came back after LSP 'reset' everything.

>season finales

season finales don't make a Story they exist to end seasons yo.

AT likes unraveling threads and then picking them up 2 seasons later really half assedly. It's like the fact they felt safe they could promise more episodes than they needed, and ended up with the writting veering off and getting worse.

It's the same reason why the Mini-Sodes actually have the strongest story of all AT because they have a set start and end.

>have 9 seasons to develop a story
>end up trying to rush everything in half a season so they dont leave any plotholes before its cancelled
i really fucking regrett watching this show, its lost all over again, such a shame i cant take it back

Sounds like you were watching it for the wrong reasons anyway.

to have fun?
sorry im not bsessed with a little boy finding love

I haven't watch Adventure Time since I was 15, I am 21 now

It would be fine if he was actually interesting but he's just some guy who wanted to entrepreneur. Fucking lame.

Why is he going after Finn?

>Well, this is Adventure Time. I expect that he won't be the final villain, but that his actions will be the catalyst for something greater.

This is what I'm hoping for, too. He seems like a chump.

check'd

Anyone notice the missing poster with crunchy on it in the episode.before the reveal? Thought that was neat.

>numale brush cut neckbeard is our enemy

seems legit

it doesnt. they make up stories for each season, but there is no overall story. the writers just make it up as they go along, and it baffles me that people still think AT´s story is in any way good.
If youre not watching it for the characters,you shouldnt watch it at all.

So why is he no longer a retarded bowl of punch?

So what I took from this was that PB just did what Uncle Gumball was going to do anyway, but with her in charge.

That wave from LSP that turned everyone back to normal.

Huh, that explains Crunchy's missing poster.

Is this your first arc of Adventure Time, SON?!

He's definitely not going to be the final boss. Adventure Time has a habit of resolving shit quickly, and they're not going to stretch out his arc that long. Especially not after name-dropping Golb at the end of last season, you dickfuck bastard.

Besides, who gives a shit? These last few episodes have been high quality and FUN! Finn's developments with Huntress Wizard, BMO and Ice King bonding, FO actually having a good episode, and exploring PB's past were all damn fine moments.

Atleast Regular Show is smart enough to resolve everything in one season. AT is kinda going on a rush limbo. I mean this Uncle Gumbald character just so happen to appear in the final season. The series finale is gonna be a clusterfuck.

They've planned for Gumbald to appear since late season 6, they were married to the idea well before they knew how many episodes they had left.

End of the series is revealed that PB has been the villain all along, and the true reason behind the destruction of Earth and the birth of Ooo.

Nah it's totally different, she didn't put a brand on anything.

yet again marcy shows up with PB

jesus fucking christ this magnet shit

People have been bitching about Finn, Jake, PB and Marcy not hanging out onscreen for ages. You cunts are impossible to please.

now we just need to separate the lesbos

The Lich has never lived up to his original appearance anyway.