How could one show have so much wasted potential

How could one show have so much wasted potential

>100+ episodes in we still didn't really see Homeworld
>100+ episodes before Steven got his first gem fusion
>Boring and uncreative plots like "Steven hangs out with Onion and his friends!"
>Characters literally sidelined for no good reason
>No actual antagonist to build tension
>The only possible antagonist gets written off in the shittiest way possible

It's written by Calarts shitters and tumblrettes

Dead show.

The show is full of SJWs that wanted to make a SOL but with aliens.

It's a really boring show, and IT MAKES ME SHIT!

>created by a woman

>samefag

>>Boring and uncreative plots like "Steven hangs out with Onion and his friends!"
and maybe
>>Characters literally sidelined for no good reason
are the only good criticisms here.

2 much skippin' in time between episodes

>>Characters literally sidelined for no good reason
It still hurts

>People actually liked counterfeit Invader Zim

I think it lived up to it's potential. The potential of being a very shitty and boring show with ugly unlikable characters.

I think the plot is very interesting so when there's an episode that isn't about the plot (townie) the autism breaks out.

but even townie episodes are well written, ronaldo haters are just mad because he's a caricature of the obsessive fanbase and basement dwellers.

>ronaldo haters are just mad because he's a caricature of the obsessive fanbase and basement dwellers.

Those aren't jokes they're literally references to the fanbase and its fuckinfb retarded

>but even townie episodes are well written

Yeah if you only watch cartoons made for literal children.

*its

Oh, and kill yourself.

By the way, I finally watched that one Youtube vid and it has a lot of valid points. Man the show could do with some improvement.

Still love it though... but more for what it could be than what it has been so far.

didn't it get renewed for another season that's coming out in 2018?

Dos the way i type triggered your autism you butt hurt SU tear droping nancyboy?

Your existence triggers me, genefilth.

So I hear. Apparently there is an episode count for season six.

Although at this rate, 2018 seems wildly optimistic.

You should cry into your own asshole and make it a birdbath.

Ian J Quartey was the one holding the action and plot elements together

Without him its just townies and crying lesbians

Meanwhile his show has the elements that are now missing from Steven Universe but lacks the heart and investment

It's not a lore show. Despite all the character tears, it's not a serious show either. All the potential you saw in this series was just your own internal desire to follow the group of others who thought this show was more than it is.

>Sugar leaves and Adventure Time falls apart
>Ian J leaves and SU falls apart

Pottery

>Still love it though... but more for what it could be than what it has been so far.
You can't love something for what it isn't. Potential doesn't mean anything until that potential is realized. You're just in love with a lie.

Why do you associate crying with weakness?
And why do you focus on the anus?

Or is this the famous Anglo-Saxon wit, viz. "Piss up a rope"?

>You're just in love with a lie.

1) Seriously, user, that occurs so often that I don't even feel it bears emphasis. Isn't a very common "trope" that someone realizes they do not love the perceived object of their affection as much as their image of it they fostered?

It's actually biology: we literally perceive people we like as more physically attractive than we would if we felt nothing for them.

2) It's not all a lie. SU really had good moments. And they probably blinded me to the weaker aspects. Or, made me more amenable to accepting them.

I have to say this is something I almost always do - view shows I have come to like as a better version by 'filling in' aspects that are not actually there. Seeing, as it were, the show they could be if only they tried a little harder (to appeal to me).

I have to say it works for me.

Okay, tard. Let me break it down for you. Because your posts over someone's negative opinion about your show indicates how angry you are that someone dared not to like something that you like. Hence you are butthurt. And crying is exactly what you are doing because you can't handle an opinion that isn't yours.

I had thoughts about watching this show, but the reasons OP listed were the very same reasons I chose not bother with the show.

>I have to say it works for me.
Your whole post is just a bunch of mental gymnastics to justify liking something essentially against all odds. For some reason, you feel compelled to like this show, so you attempt to explain it by saying it's acceptable to like anything for what it isn't, or what it "could be". This is ridiculous, and I'm convinced I'm being baited.

Sugar started the cancer on AT though while Ian was holding the ship together on SU

>Why do you associate crying with weakness?

Because people who cry all the time ARE weak

Also note that Sugar comes from the cancerous Invader Zim fandom. Like pottery, cancer begets cancer.

>Peridot
>The only likeable and good character
>That at first was basically like a miniature hitler and would speak down to lesser gems
>would be Racist (gemcist doesnt work) to other gems
>tumblr basically hated her because she was a Racist
>Gets sidelined
>Stopped watching after another 10 episodes after that happened and nothing really progressed

fuck sake

What did you expect from sjw creators?

>no actual villains
They really fucked themselves with that little "rule."

>Lapis and Peridot casted away at the barn forever
>Not letting them live in the temple and interact with other gems
What the fuck

>Gets sidelined
I haven't been watching, what happened? didn't she help save the earth, how could (((they))) do that to her?

That's what kills me about this show. How is anyone supposed to take any threat seriously when there's no villain to speak of?

Explain to me how giving an opinion of someone's negative attitude regarding a show nobody (I assume) is forcing him to watch is somehow less acceptable than giving a negative opinion of a show nobody is forcing you to watch on a thread about that show. I like the show, it follows I wish to spend my time discussing it. You hate it, why do you? Do you often do things you purport to dislike, like, I don't know, eating dogshit or intentionally seek out sexual violations in parking lots?

Your assessment rings true, but I assure you I am not baiting you. I do like the show unironically, even as I recognize it is far from perfect.

In fairness, I simply have a pretty bad taste. It's the only rational conclusion I can draw. But what am I to do? Pretend to like things I don't?

...Then I must be very strong, even though I know I am not.

I, and many other people like to make fun of things they don't like. This is also known as "having fun". People like to watch terrible things to make fun of it and they get enjoyment out of it. People like MST3K because it makes fun of bad movies. People like AVGN because he rips on shitty games. Just because you don't find enjoyment in making fun of things because you're a sensitive manchild doesn't mean other people won't.

Also,
>eating dogshit or intentionally seek out sexual violations in parking lots?
Nice going projecting your fetishes onto me.

She just went to live at the barn (together with Lapis, too. Zuke tried to make them into a lesbian couple until they railroaded her) and is rarely seen.

One might imagine that she has her own show in a different universe, where people are asking "What the fuck? Steven just helped save the Earth and now he just disappears off to Beach City? This is BULLSHIT! I want to know more about the little fucker!"

Well... they do have villains, they're just turned into victims after a few episodes.

Except for Kevin, probably, just to make the point at some point that Humans Are The Real Monsters here. Like White Diamond is stopped from destroying the solar system and her weak diamond sisters who have failed and have since turned on her and then Kevin does something douchey and White Diamond is like "Dude, that is not cool. Jeeeez."

....Holy shit, that's actually an idea. Could Kevin betray the human race to the Gempire?

Eh. At least we can imagine them sexually experimenting with each other at the barn. Zuke got that right, even though I still ship Amedot.

Fight me.

she worked much better as the fairly cold but odd straight man to steven

Be that as it may, you come to a thread devoted to celebrating it. Those other things require one to seek them out. Just like the show itself.

Deliberately exposing yourself to something you hate is bizarre and, ha ha, borders on fetishistic behavior.

>REEEEE WHY DIDN'T THE SHOW FOLLOW THE ARC OF MY FANFICTION!
>WHY AREN'T THEY SPENDING EVERY EPISODE ON MY WAIFU!
Downvoted.

>Be that as it may, you come to a thread devoted to celebrating it. Those other things require one to seek them out.
This thread isn't a SU hugbox, go to your general if you want to see nothing but praises about SU. I get enjoyment out of watching the episodes and making fun of it. I enjoy coming to threads like these and reading people's thoughts on the show. Especially if they find other stupid things about the show to make fun of.

>Deliberately exposing yourself to something you hate
Thinking a show is shitty is a far cry from hating it. Which is what you assumed.

Again, go be a crybaby somewhere else of you can't handle negative opinions about the show. Because people are going to have them no matter how much you bitch and throw a tantrum over them.

>I get enjoyment out of watching the episodes

There we go. That's all I wanted from you.

Please stop calling me a crybaby, though. It's such a plebeian insult.

But it's true. you are a crybaby. You got angry over my opinion and told me to kill myself, which is a far more plebeian insult than mine.

Anyway, stay salty. You big crybaby.

The series became garbage precisely because of Sugar's intervention, and it took them a couple of seasons after her departure before they could get back on track.

Sugar was a huge invader Zim fan before she got her break. Also, Peri had a different dynamic with Stephano.

If they really wanted to keep it as a slice of life show, they should have kept the gem's past under lock and key and there should be no mention of homeworld.

They opened pandora's box the moment they introduced Peridot and speculation went overdrive.

I wouldn't mind the show remaining on a bomb format if the episodes had any actual quality that was worth the wait.

Instead the animation quality is steadily declining and we're STILL at a point where absolutely nothing happens.

While being great content creators otherwise, Rebecca and Ian's bullshit "ideology" of "uwu I don't believe in being on-model!!!" is only making the animation quality of CN's shows worse.

This. I don't know how they think it looks good.

>Sugar started the cancer on AT

nigga her episodes are still some of the best on the entire show, just because the hacks that followed her couldnt keep the pace doesnt mean her episodes were bad

>characters cry and sing
>good

So I can't watch a show even if I have some mild criticisms for it? What wonderful logic.

The main problem for the show is that sometimes it doesnt seem to want to be about the gems anymore. Its just townie shit and when it does focus on the gems its typically focusing on just steven.

My main problem with the show is the pacing. SU's pacing is, dare I say, worse than the One Piece anime. We're about 4 years in and are only just getting to see homeworld and the past gem lore. They really need to cut back on the townie episodes.

i feel like i'm the only person in the world that enjoys the town people episodes
>inb4 the "7 billion people" wall of text

>townie episodes
Tbh, I did not like The New Lars episode

>Crying is funny.
t. Sugar

>it could've had the derplore and storylines of AT but cater to the autistic fanbase like MLP FIM

I'm so glad the SoL boring fillershit and tumblresque faggotry is dragging this fucking waste of space down. CN has buried better shows than this and I love to see SUfags getting BTFOed. I hope Sugar and her storyboarders never find better work after this.

>Steven, what is up with your size?

At least his ugliness is a constant.

>Has the ability to float
>Can enter into other people's bodies (i.e the New Lars episode)
>His tears can revive and heal people
>Has the energy shield
What else am I missing on Steven's evergrowing list of powers?

Minor shapeshifting abilities & fusion. From how the series is going so far, it seems the ability to become less of an annoying fag isn't developing any time soon.

>"uwu I don't believe in being on-model!!!"
What the fuck does this even mean? These people don't like having consistent anything for their goddamn characters?

Plant powers

>fusion
>mfw Jasper lost to Smoky Quartz and jobbed against fusions

I'm sure that was meant to be like hat from the beginning

They have little to no reference sheets for the characters and no chart that specifies the heights of the characters.

Instead of blaming it on a lack of resources/budget (which does happen) they decided to go the shitty route and claim they don't "believe in on-model" when the criticism over the lack of quality of the animation became popular.

Obviously since they're too far up their own asses over this (and because so many people in the fandom enable their unprofessionalism) this hasn't been fixed and the consistency of the animation is non-existent.

Inane question from me, but is Steven a Gary Stu?

Rebecca Fuckar takes forever to resolve plots its been five seasons and we still dont know shit.

Depends, does he fit the following?
>Doesn't change or grow along with the narrative
>Bland personality
>Everybody loves them, and the ones who don't are villains (when said villains get redeemed they start to love the character)
>Compared to the rest of the cast, they're too overpowered
>Their flaws have no impact whatsoever
>They can fix anything easily, whereas other characters struggle

the series has the tumblr crowd by the ass-wallets, you know she's gonna squeeze those silly hamplanets for all the attention and social justice brownie points she can before fucking off to some other project

This may be the biggest flaw of the show. I don't understand how you have over a 100 episodes, and yet so few of those episodes move the plot forward.

I've begun to suspect the same thing, Ian gave the show some much needed testosterone to offset all the fucking estrogen this show is dripping with. KO is the character Steven should have been.

not him but I consider some fanfics better than the original show, it just became boring and uninteresting.

Well truth be said AT and OTGW characters haven't definided heights too and they can change from an scene to other in the same episode. SU is just... more notorious that the others two so maybe there is just a little too much hate about it.

PS: Even now there is people who debate about Beatrice height (OTGW) and many people potray her taller than Wirt when it seems like she is just as tall as him or maybe a little shorter.

Jasper makes Steven Universe worthy of my viewing

>Doesn't change or grow along with the narrative
Steven from season 1 is so different then season 4 Steven in terms of how much he's changed.
>Bland personality
I know some find him annoying but I would never call Steven bland.
>Everybody loves them, and the ones who don't are villains (when said villains get redeemed
they start to love the character)
A lot of people do love him but characters like Lars and Kevin stand out for not really liking Steven, and Lars was never really treated like the bad guy for this and came around to like Steven now.. Kevin is also a jerk to Steven but not really a bad guy.just a jerk
>Compared to the rest of the cast, they're too overpowered
Steven gets beaten a lot and needs help most of the time to win most fights so despite all his powers no.
>Their flaws have no impact whatsoever
Seeing how many of the mistakes from Steven have lead to a lot of the bad shit in SU like say giving out his friends names to Peridot and getting them kidnapped because he was too friendly and that bit him in the ass for that. I say his flaws are a big part of his character.
>They can fix anything easily, whereas other characters struggle
As said before he needs the help of others to win most fights he can't win by himself. Needs emotional support a lot and breaks down easily, and despite being a pretty quick thinker three of his biggest flaws is he's way two trusting, naive and dumb for his own good.

So on the gary stu list he's pretty low honestly I don't get people who say he's one. the only thing that's true is that's he's loved by most and that's kind of it.