Was it cultural appropriation?

Was it cultural appropriation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rgJ7Yf_2GuI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQ9ccAw_2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Cultural appropriation isn't real, just more tumblr gibberish

>Bodhidharma was a Buddhist monk who lived during the 5th or 6th century. He is traditionally credited as the transmitter of Chan Buddhism to China, and regarded as its first Chinese patriarch. According to Chinese legend, he also began the physical training of the monks of Shaolin Monastery that led to the creation of Shaolin kungfu

>Bodhidharma is depicted as an ill-tempered, profusely-bearded, wide-eyed non-Chinese person. He is referred as "The Blue-Eyed Barbarian" (Chinese: 碧眼胡; pinyin: Bìyǎnhú) in Chan texts.[10]

youtube.com/watch?v=rgJ7Yf_2GuI

COULD BE!

It was silly caricatures because cartoons are all about poking fun at stuff and let's face it, stereotypes are funny sometimes. No different than the dumb southern hillbilly character you still see today

But since it's not okay to offend anyone not white anymore, even with non-aggressive caricatures, because it's bad PR, 90% of those have been scrapped. I doubt Chinese people really gave a shit and in fact actual Chinese people, not Chinese-Americans, thought it funny. Much like how people here might think it's funny to see a buff blonde dude with an American flag bandana, sunglasses, a giant gun, and an eagle going, "AMERICA!" funny.

Probably. Y'all know that's just a term and not automatically a negative.

Why are the Asians playing with their food?

Cultural appropriation doesn't exist

Nice culture you got here. Be a shame if someone were to come along and appropriate it.

Contrary to wikipedia, he was a monk from the Indian peninsula, a man who volunteered to spread Buddhist teachings to the East & is regarded as the father of kung fu. Its actually the Chinese who are cultural appropriators.

Depends on your views of intellectual property.
I really don't think this guy
Cares that you're pirating his shit. And not giving a shit about intellectual property is also technically technological cultural appropriation if you want to be a fag about it.

Cultural appropriation is murricans celebrating cinco de mayo.

Japan culturally appropriated Budda into their own stuff (Shintoism) and no one (except China) bitches them about it

Kek

not the evil aome would have us think

Hey, if it gets me off work, I'm for appropriating every holiday we can. Gimme Boxing Day, Tanabata, and Canadian Thanksgiving.

>be an amerilarge
>entire world consumes my culture
>even nations who hate me like russia or china or england
>don't complain about it

Except murricans have no culture at all, they stole the land, killed the natives and appropriated the natives' culture, after they illegally immigrated there, the hypocrites build a wall to keep them safe from foreigners even tho they are too, outsiders to the land they live on.

That's not subtle

I'm not the only one who remembers this show!?

We have culture, you just don't notice it. Sort of like how you don't notice that you're breathing unless you think about it or can't.

HONG

KONG

FOOEY

NUMBER ONE SUPER GUY

>and appropriated the natives' culture
that didn't happen, though

>responding to bait

HONG

KONG

FOOEY

QUICKER THAN THE HUMAN EYE

>Except murricans have no culture at all

I wonder how many McDonalds, Hollywood movies, television shows, pop music and blue jeans your country has

Get on Karate's level
m.youtube.com/watch?v=5dQ9ccAw_2g

Why do all HB shows are so forgettable?

I can't remember any of those episodes or anything

>imblying
You just got baited, son

Underrated post.

Or how Mexicans apparently love Speedy Gonzalez.

>Except murricans have no culture at all
How do you explain cowboys and the Wild West being recognized worldwide as part of American culture?

Shanghai, Hong Kong, Egg foo young Fortune Cookie always wrong!!

There's unintentional compliments and humor, like the AMERICA gun blond action hero character and the North Korean cartoon fox/wolves.

But there's also the offensive jackassery, like that anime where countries are gay little boys where America is a slut for everyone and was basically autistic.

As for "cultural appropriation", it just means "you are making money off our shit" which is shortened to "THOSE FUCKERS, OUR SHIT".
Like how mad Americans get that American flags are made in China basically. If its not your culture's creation and someone else is making money off it, its cause for asspain.

>QUICKER THAN THE HUMAN EYE

Given he wasn't human, was this racism?

We'd have a problem if someone who mainly fought Hispanic villains described himself as "quicker than a hispanic's eye".

Actually, Shintoism was Japan's natural faith and is similar to the Egyptian faith.

Buddhism was converted into Japan like Islam was Egypt. Only Islam forcibly replaced Egyptian faith whereas once the Buddhists and Shintoists started fighting the Emperor decreed "Stop fucking fighting and get along or so help me Amatersu I will drive this country off a cliff!"

This forced the two to incorporate each other's ideas. Japanese Buddhism has far more spirits, taking shit that was just considered metaphor like the four celestials and the Kirin and making them literal beings, while Shintoism gained more structure and emphasis on the celestial than it had before.

I thought the dog was a nigger. Isn't it okay for niggers to steal chink stuff? Isn't "cultural appropriation" just another aspect of "kill the white man"?

Hmm...
We don't have ANCIENT culture because modern America is just a baby in terms of civilizations through the ages. But we definitely have ideas and imagery we created, popularized, and are known for.

Just because Hollywood is still relevant compared to Greek paintings doesn't mean it's not part of our culture that started here.

Cultural appropriation means Disney making billions on merchandise based on a culture that has no resources, no industry, and no future is fucked up.

Like Disney's Hercules and Greece.

Would Scatman think it's appropriation if he were here?

Nah, he'd say that it was perfectly fine that an cartoon anthro dog, voiced by a middle-aged black man, worked as a janitor for an unappreciative white police officer. It also was just dandy that the janitor's alter ego instigated a case of jungle fever in the station's cute white switchboard operator.

Nope, no cultural appropriation here.

Except something like Disney's Hercules is basically related to Hercules in virtually name alone. The art style is loosely inspired by Greece art, but the Gospel Truth singers are still very much Disney characters. Kind of like how James Woods Hades is more James Woods than Hades, and that's what people like about him.

Sometimes people aren't even going to see Disney movies because, "Oh, it's based on the story of Snow White!", they're seeing it because it has Disney's name. It's like saying professional movie critics somehow own studios money every time they do a review because they're technically profiting off of the existence of their work. There is a legal point of creative use people are allowed to take, especially for ancient stories that no one person can claim a right to. Other people's financial failures is not on the fault of a movie company.

Prove that dog isn't Chinese, hard mode: not using his uneaten status.

Why tho?

>murricans have no culture at all
>poorly made hamburgers aren't a culture
Sure pal. Go back to sucking the UN's teat.

WHO
H
O

FUCKING CARES

Do you have any idea how much all of these apply to virtually everyone on the planet? Humans have fought and conquered each other for all of history and pre-history, everyone lives on land bought with the blood of their ancestors foes. Protecting the land we've won is the exact same story.

Tl;dr Everyone's ancestors did the same thing, so shut your fucking gob Eurotrash.

I don't remember anything about this show and I know for sure that I watched it dozens of times.

Was the Wu-Tang Clan technically cultural appropriation? They were all from NY but still heavily used Asian themes.

Meh