Should Marvel "Superman Reborn" Spider-man?

Should Marvel "Superman Reborn" Spider-man?
>Combine 616 and Renew your Vows Spider-man

>Bring his Marriage to MJ back to 616 and there child.

>Now you have Peter as the adult trying to balance his married life and a child along with being a super hero and Miles as your Single teen with balancing growing up, dating and figuring out how to be a hero

They wouldnt do it

NO. No more reborn/rebirth BS. Be consistant

Especially since Joe Quesadilla is still at marvel

I think yes. Continuity is a mess anyway, no love interest is a major factor in stories anyway. Like has there been a new love interest people can say competes with Mary Jane or Black cat?

It'd be the easiest way to do it, but like other people said I doubt Marvel would do it.

And as much as people have denied it, Peter/MJ is absolutely Marvel's equivalent of Lois/Clark.

I'd be down for it only if Slott fucking left.

As long as Slott is still on the book, Spidey won't improve.

Get rid of Slott.

>Be consistant
Be consistently shit? Marvel's already got that covered.

Should? Yes

Will they? No

Marvel is dedicated to sucking

I don't mind if mary Jane and peter aren't together

>the most unpopular spider-man comic of all time (not worst)
>believed to have cost them hundreds of thousands of sales over time
>one of the greatest character assassinations in having peter making a deal with the devil
>because divorce makes peter feel old
>make peter into a loser 20 something retreading the same shit he was supposed to have gotten past decades ago
>marvel won't retcon it
>stan lee supported it, tried to put it in his newspaper comics, and then dropped it after fan backlash

Of all the things to not backpedal on. I will never understand this.

Yes. I don't care how messy and bad the story is that gets it done, as long as it happens.

Peter's never going to be durably married. You've got to make your peace with it at this point.
Not that Marvel parading around the corpse of the marriage helps, but you know.

Fuck you shouldn't want married couples in cape comics, all they manage to do with them is cheating plots and will-they-wont-they divorce drama, because characters can't be happy in a never-ending story.

Well Peter was having a nice marriage untill this fucking shit run

And it wasn't gonna last.

I would love it if they did that.

They should, but they won't.

Spider-Man isn't allowed to be married, but can one of his villains, get married instead? That way we can see them fight Spider-Man and still have someone special waiting for them at home.

Would only maybe happen if it became popular in the movies (keyword: maybe). And even then Marvel editorial is very very strict and autistic about what they want for Spider-Man. So it probably won't happen.

The rhino tried....
didn't end well

Not happening. Raimi was the best chance we had to get the marriage back, since Spider-Man 4 was supposed to have a married Spider-Man in it. But now since Mary Jane Watson doesn't exist in the MCU, she won't marry Peter. If anything it'll probably be Michelle who marries Peter, if they make it that far. Sony might always get greedy with the rights and run away again.

>>stan lee supported it

Did you actually read his intro in the OMD hardcover carefully? It was a jab in the same way that McFarlane/Liefeld video was him poking at both of them at some points.

Fuck I remember that. It still hurts. Rhino deserved some happiness.

Why though?
If you really want to live the happy nuclear family life vicariously why would you seek it in a genre where being happy is basically forbidden because it hinders character motivation.

mfucking grill yourself you stan lee shill. their marriage was an always will a soulless pr stunt done for the sake of synergy.

>Of all the things to not backpedal on. I will never understand this.
That's exactly the point, it was such a huge decision to make and it is so hated that Quesada, being the faggot he is, refuses to admit he's wrong about it. It would make him look like the retarded bitch he is.

I would love it but it won't happen

>Pete dies
>Miles takes over as Spiderman for a 4 issue arc
>Peter rummages through hell with Doctor Strange and Ghost Rider
>Every Trickster god/Cosmic being helping Peter to get revenge on Maphisto so they can weaken him
>Culminates into Aunt May being teleported and scolding Peter for making such a stupid wish.
>Wish is reversed because Aunt May kills herself or something along those lines
>Maphisto loses which makes hundreds of thousands of recons and secrets fly from his body.
>Blackheart tries to pick up the peices as do other cosmic beings
>Rebirth with 616 Mayday Parker and Ann Parker

Then Peter can be the head of the Spider family like he should be. Not a 30 something manchild who literally destroys everything he touches.

But we all know this will never happen. Bendis will always push Miles. Slott will always contest anything that has to do with the marriage. Joe will always see OMD has a necessary evil. It is really kind of sad.

>OMD
>Synergy
It came out in conjunction movie that ended with Peter and MJ together, and as another user mentioned the studio slated them to be married. Retard.

the Absorbing Man and Titania have a better longer marriage than Spider-Man/MJ

Throw in Mayday and it's a deal. Add Ben, Kaine, and Aracely and I die a happy man.

LET'S GO, SPIDER-FAMILY!

Do you think anything would be different if all the retcons stayed the same, but the comic itself wasn't horribly written?

Just have them get remarried and never talk about the deal with the devil.

Imagine being such a shitty writer that your way out of a relationship is reality bending.

I feel like the job of comics is to retcon itself

Consistent would mean never having OMD in the first place.

Immortus. Just reveal Mephisto was Immortus and he stole the timeline of his marriage for plot reasons. If we can have the devil in a spiderman story then we can have the limbo master of time.

Isn't Immortus the go-too retcon fixer upper though?

The idea of combining 616 and Renew Your Vows sounds the best option for me. I would have liked to see if the Parker Family would have managed to keep Parker Industries better than lonely Peter.

Nope. Leave RYV Spiderman out of the mainstream shit show.

Instead, kill off mainstream Spidey in a redemption arc that acknowledges his fuck up in selling off his marriage and replace him with Miles. When Miles inevitably fucks up as the replacement, magic the original back to life.

>Absorbs peter parker life
>Everybody is okay with it.

No, That will be creepy as fuck.