So what is wrong with adult animation?

So what is wrong with adult animation?

This picture shows all the problems

What is the wheelchair blob supposed to be?

We're at the point where being "tryhard" is considered a bad thing, but creators aren't sure what they should do now, so they keep being tryhard.

looks like it's supposed to be chewed up gum. I've never watched the movie so that's my guess

it tries to be "adult" by just making a lot of raunchy shit instead of taking on mature themes for an older audience

Yes. It is also the best character.
It is also voiced by a former storyboard artist on Ed, Edd, and Eddy

That the majority of adults will only pay attention to cartoon if it is a comedy focused animation.

Parody of Steven Hawking

To most people it just means you get to swear and make sex and/or drug jokes.

Oooo

Sausage Party was such a shit movie. It was supposed to be a parody of Pixar style "Secret life of inanimate objects" movie, showing how these things being alive would be horrifying, sort of like the Toy Story treatment only more in depth.

Instead we get tons of sex jokes, a plot about Fedoraism, and racial stereotypes that fail to be funny. The movie even undermines its "No religion" message at the end by having literally the entire cast spontaneously fall into decadence the second the gods were defeated.

Jack Chick couldn't have written something so fucking stupid. Literally the only good joke in the entire movie is one scene when the Hotdog is sad and it has a meatloaf singing Meatloaf.

This

"Adult" animation is not made for actual adults.

It's made for kids who are just becoming adults/graduating high school/starting college/whatever who still have a child's mentality but want to "feel" like they're grown ups by being allowed to freely talk about and be exposed to sex, graphic violence and drugs without parental figures giving them shit.

They don't fully grasp adulthood yet, so it's equated with "stuff they tried to keep away from me as a kid"

What would a fully adult animated show look like? Were there ever any?

you can ignore this post

"fully adult" in what way?

Because I could probably think of some examples.

King of the Hill comes to mind if we're just talking comedy. It was funny, but never in a particularly juvenile way.

How come Disney is actually capable of being far darker and grimer than adult movies that are supposed to mock Disney?

Writers for "adult comedies" think that just because you make jokes about vaginas and dicks that means you're writing for an adult audience, when in actuality it's just writing for teens who just found out what sex was.

Just look at Amy Schumer's "comedy".

As in, mature. Talking about deep subjects and such. Comedy optional.
Only potential example that comes to mind is Bojack.

People with the name Seth
>Seth Rogen
>Seth McFarlane
>Seth Green

Everything either looks like family guy or is a stylistic parody of something normally considered kid-friendly, ala disney or pixar
Also, toilet humor and overly contemporary writing

Its mostly comedy.

I'm still waiting for someone named Seth Schneider to inevitably make the worst animated media in human history.

>seth rogen
there's your first mistake

The only one of those that is bad is Rogen

Actually Rogen is the "less" bad of those three.

Now that this isn't popular and talked about all the time
I can finally say that I thought this was really bad, but not bad enough for me to get angry about

This. Mostly I was disappointed that someone would use an enormous budget and total creative freedom to make something so bland.

Waaaaaaaaaaay too much "DUDE WEED LMAO" humor

please define Adult

Moral Orel.

>Massive budget
>Adult animation
>Almost limitless freedom
>Make a degenerate film where dudeweed and sex are the punchlines
I don't think it's adult animation's fault.

It feels like it's written for edgy teenagers instead of for adults.

I wish McFarlane could shake his Family Guy reputation. It could very well be hampering his work.

A Million Ways to Die in the West was his chance to prove he wasn't just "The guy who made Family Guy" and he failed miserably.

He's a shitty writer, director, comedian and actor and a mediocre artist. He should've just been a lounge singer.

sorbitol ,malitol ,xylitol ,mannitol , calcium carbonate, soy lechin, vegetable deral, glycerin, and talc