So is everyone gonna ignore that Samurai Jack is a complete rip-off of this?

So is everyone gonna ignore that Samurai Jack is a complete rip-off of this?

More like we are going to wholly ignore it.
See you on page 10.

I greatly enjoyed this comic honestly. I think it's pretty underrated as far as Frank Miller's works go

What is this?

Its Frank Miller's Ronin.

What is it about?

a psychic guy with no arms and legs in the future becomes a vessel for an ancient samurai in the modern day to fight against an ancient demon.

it's not entirely clear whether or not the whole samurai story is the psychic guys dream or real

Never read it personally, just recognized OPs pic. I know its sci fi samurais.

And Ronin is a complete riff off of Lone Wolf and Cub.

OR WAIT!

MAYBE people take aspects of different things and write stories that have vaguely similar ideas to it and do something COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY DIFFERENT TO IT.

If SJ is a rip off of Ronin, Ronin is a complete and utter rip off, with no redeeming quality, of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Eat a bowl of baby dicks.

ancient samurai in the future battles against ancient damon...you know, like samurai jack

lone wolf an cub is about a samurai that time travels to the future to fight a demon lord?

And Doctor Horrible is a COMPLETE rip off of Dr. Steel the musician. And Firefly is a COMPLETE rip off of Outlaw Star.

Samurai Jack is about a possibly psychotic paraplegic?

is not that the case of the scotishman in samurai jack?

Or..OR...

There are different plot points, style, environs, etc that you choose to ignore because you want to scream "THIS CAME FIRST! AND I KNEW ABOUT IT!" like some kind of grammar nazi bitch who wants to claim they know better than others..

I wasn't aware using a gun for a leg and being fully mobile qualified you as paraplegic.

Please stop now unless you're just trolling me to give you attention since you lack whatever rational though to realize 'some shit has similar plot lines because DUN DUN DUN, ain't nothin' new with humans"

and the x-men are not a rip off the doom patrol?

ok

Since they came out within 3 months of each other, and somehow I doubt Stan Lee was hanging out in DC's offices at that exact same time, and Twitter, not being a thing, wasn't giving editors a look into each other's work...

No. It seems historically unlikely, what with 'time' and 'reality' being a block in the way.

Nice way to attempt to string me along since you had no more points about Ronin you changed topics.

Very Trumpian of you.

Stop being dense, the human pillow is in two pages in the begginign, and in the big twist in the end, have you even read Ronin? Between Aku and whatever Ronin's demon is called having the same face, goal and shape shifting abilities, the post apocalyptic setting AND the out of place samurai that doesn't speak the language roaming around in a white kimono and sandals trying to find an ancient evil, there's more than "coincidental" similarities between Samurai Jack and Ronin, this isn't a knock on Jack.

Thank you for making my ego grin like a twat. You offer no response, no data, no thought, nothing, just empty retorts.

It reminds me why I waste my time here.

They literally are though. DC and Marvel were literally on the same block and the sleazy big wigs would golf on workdays, shoot the shit and mercilessly copy each other.

>Stop being dense, the human pillow is in two pages in the begginign, and in the big twist in the end, have you even read Ronin? Between Aku and whatever Ronin's demon is called having the same face, goal and shape shifting abilities, the post apocalyptic setting AND the out of place samurai that doesn't speak the language roaming around in a white kimono and sandals trying to find an ancient evil, there's more than "coincidental" similarities between Samurai Jack and Ronin, this isn't a knock on Jack.

OMG SIMILAR SETTINGS AND A GENERIC POWER OF DEMONS FROM ANYWHERE FROM 1200 to 6000 YEARS AGO! OBVIOUSLY NO OTHER DEMONS WOULD SHARE THIS ABILITY.

You want to jump on the "I AM RIGHT AND THIS IS ORIGINAL" dick, which is akin to the grammar nazi bullshit.

Similar shit happens in fiction.

Deal with it. Accept it. Or become a 40 year old virgin arguing about Star-Lord's jacket on Sup Forums when the remake comes out in 30 years.

So...there's evidence of them hanging out, sharing ideas, etc, or this is assumptions made by people who saw them having lunch together?

OMG LOGIC HOW THE FUCK DOES IT WORK?!

You know Genndy specifically mentions Ronin as a huge influence in the DVD commentary, right? My dude, I love Samurai Jack too, but don't let it get to your heart.

Google the connection between the Fantastic Four and the Justice League. The result may surprise you. (:

>Very Trumpian of you.

>Animation director Genndy Tartakovsky has stated that Ronin was one of the major influences on his animated TV series Samurai Jack
>"XXV - "Jack and the Spartans" (DVD commentary)". "Samurai Jack". 00:21 minutes in.

>DVD commentary
There IS A DVD commentary? I seriously need to watch it.

>it's another "I'm still asshurt about the Samurai Jack finale so I'm going to try and pretend like the show was never good and that Genndy was always a worthless hack for cheap (You)s" thread
Everyone knows Jack lifted significant aspects from Ronin. You know we do and that's not why you made this thread
Don't you people get sick of this ? Just last week we had some cunt claim Genndy mistreated Mako and that Mako hated working on the show without ever backing up his source.
It's fucking annoying. Go make your Pickle Rick threads on Sup Forums

>being this mad