DCEU Casting Watchlist

Some actors and actresses on the studio watchlist for prominent roles in upcoming movies. Worth noting that most of these are just producers brainstorming, but interesting nevertheless.

SHAZAM

Shazam
>James Marsden, Joshua Sasse, Jack Reynor. John Cena was approached, but turned it down. WB is favoring actors who are charismatic, comedic and have a "child-like" quality.

Billy Batson
>Jaden Lieberher, Max Charles, Ty Simpkins, among others. WB is favoring unknowns and up-and-coming child actors who can convey "youthful enthusiasm" and "unexpected world-weariness".

Doctor Sivana
>Ben Mendehlson, Hugo Weaving, Christoph Waltz. WB is favoring A-listers who can be menacing while maintaining a "comedic streak".

SUICIDE SQUAD 2

Killer Frost
>Mackenzie Davis, Imogen Poots, Tatiana Maslany, Erin Moriarty, Lucy Boynton, Florence Pugh, Emily Meade, Taissa Farmiga, Ana de Armas, among others. WB is favoring actresses with "unconventional beauty" who can play "broken and owning it".

Multiplex
>James Ransone, Rhiz Ahmed, Aneurin Barnad, Tom Bateman, Emory Cohen, among others. Up-and-coming actors who can play "intense, troubled introverts".

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS

Catwoman / Poison Ivy
>Charlize Theron, Emily Blunt, Rebecca Ferguson, Ana de Armas, Kathryn Winnick, Anabelle Wallis, Teresa Palmer, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Hanna John-Kamen, Angela Sarafyan, Pryanka Chopra, Eiza Gonzalez, Hailey Bennett, Jessica Chastain, Rosamund Pike, Diane Kruger, Laura Haddock, among others. A/B-listers and up-and-coming actresses. Catwoman is describred as "refined and elusive", while Poison Ivy is "empowered and unpredictable".

BATGIRL

Batgirl
>Katherine McNara, Elizabeth Lail, Raffey Cassidy, among others. WB is favoring unknowns to play "vivacious, sarcastic and adventurous".

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

Jason Blood/Etrigan
>Brendan Frazier, Tobey Maguire, Johnny Depp. WB is favoring actors who can portrait hopelessness and despair.

NIGHTWING

Nightwing / Red Hood
>Dylan O'Brian, Kit Harington, Richard Madden, Dacre Montgomery, Tom Bateman, James Norton, Jack Lowden, Taron Egerton, Taylor Kitsch, amon others. Up-and-coming actors. Nightwing described as "charming and charismatic with a dark side", while Red Hood is "intense, relentless and a bit mischievous".

FLASHPOINT

Reverse Flash
>Colin Farrell, Michael Fassbender, Jake Gyllenhall, Bradley Cooper, Oscar Isaac, Joel Edgerton, Ed Skrein, Adam Driver, Dan Stevens, Matthew Goode, Eric Bana, Alexander Skarsgard, Tom Hiddleston. A-listers who can play "terrifying, sadistic, manipulative". WB hopes to cast a big name in the role to drawn the crowd.

Nora Allen
>Vera Farmiga, Carrie Coon, Elizabeth Shue, Julianne Moore, Maggie Gyllenhall. A/B-listers who can play "nurturing, wise and unexpectedly strong".

GREEN LANTERN CORPS

Hal Jordan
>Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Matthew McConaughey. A-listers who can play "experienced, old-fashioned, cocky with hidden depths".

John Stewart
>Michael B. Jordan, Stephan James, Dayo Okeniyi, Lakeith Stansfield, Jacob Latimore, Eli Goree, Corey Hawkins. Up-and-coming actors who can play "brave, young, disciplined but with a rebellious streak".

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK

John Constantine
>Colin Farrell, Jude Law, Tom Hardy, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Matthew Goode. A-listers who can play "charming yet deceptive" who "expertedly toys with people".

Zatanna
>Penelope Cruz, Mia Maestro, Eiza Gonzalez, Genesis Rodriguez, Dania Ramirez, Ana de Armas, Edy Ganen. A-listers and up-and-coming latinas to play "outgoing and strong-willed" with "a dark side".

Jason Blood
>Ewan McGregor, James McAvoy, Jim Sturgess, Cillian Murphy, Eddie Redmayne, Andrew Garfield, Damian Lewis. A/B-listers to play "cultured and unassuming" with "hidden brutaIity".

Deadman
>Jake Johnson, Nicholas Hoult, Miles Teller, James McAvoy, Alden Ehrenreich. Up-and-coming actors with "natural cocky sarcasm".

>Jason Blood/Etrigan
>>Brendan Frazier

Alimoney has much to pay.
I need to get some money yesterday.
Just fuck my shit up, senpai.
Being a demon might beat being on the lamb.

>Nightwing
>> Kit Harington

>Those Hal Jordan choices

I like most of those actors but terrible! Marky Mark and Rust? No way

Katherine McNamara would get me to watch a Batgirl movie, preferably if she gets tied up, raped and in lewd situations in general

McConaughey could pull it off.

Not Wahlberg, though. He'd be a great Guy Gardner, though.

sigh

you people

watch lists are just ideas, spit balling. some of it is agents trying to get the names of someone out in front, some of it is studio suits with few clues.

very little of it has an semblances with actual thinking, actual casting, or reality

Why would I watch a DC movie in 2017 that isn't animated?

Even the animated movies are mostly trash. Only Lego is watchable.

Those are the most bizarre choices.

Actually thinking on it more, I could definitely see Depp in the role. He looks like Blood and can be believable as a humorless scholar, and someone like him would be really important to put the Hot Topic asses in the theater seats that this movie will need.

I bet McAvoy could do a damn good Constantine. I've always felt Ewan McGregor would actually be perfect for it because of his character in Trainspotting.

Also who will voice Swamp Thing? Peter Cullen? Ron Perlman? Or Michael Ironside?

Some people are actually interested in movies because of who's making them and who's in them rather than because of what franchise they tangentially belong to. I know, it's really uncommon in 2017.

>Those are the most bizarre choices.

It's a joke, bro.

Y-yeah, I knew that, I was joking too!

>Doctor Sivana
>Hugo Weaving

Like I said last time, I'd love to see this.

>Also who will voice Swamp Thing? Peter Cullen? Ron Perlman? Or Michael Ironside?
I'd like Lance Henriksen, although I haven't heard what he sounds like these days.

Every week with this guy. More and more fanfic

They should seriously get Tyler Hoechlin for Nightwing. The ass cannot be denied.

These lists are utter bollocks. Remember the Batman casting list for BvS? Affleck was no where near the list until like a week before and it came out of no where. Remember The WW list? Shit just to give credence to my claim, Nightwing has been pretty much officially cast and Finn was no where in these lists.

Honestly other than maybe Reeves, Hoechlin is probably the best Superman of the modern age, Caville is decent but he's got nothing to work with.

why didn't you rhyme the last one

>Hal Jordan
>Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, Matthew McConaughey
Dear god no, these would all be awful Hals

CTRL+F+Ana de Armas

>Nightwing has been pretty much officially cast and Finn was no where in these lists.

Remember when Armie Hammer was "officially" cast as Green Lantern because Geoff Johns followed him on Instagram?

Yeah.

>implying any of these movies will ever be made

we can't even get a fucking script in a goddamn Batman film

these WB people are dreaming WAY too big

>Killer Frost
>>Mackenzie Davis, Imogen Poots, Tatiana Maslany, Erin Moriarty, Lucy Boynton, Florence Pugh, Emily Meade, Taissa Farmiga, Ana de Armas, among others. WB is favoring actresses with "unconventional beauty" who can play "broken and owning it".

What is Warner's problem with women with curves?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

AH

The last decade has given us movies of Suicide Squad, Guardians of the Galaxy and fucking Jonah Hex, and you think a second Green Lantern film is "dreaming too big"?

Don't you think that maybe the reason Batman is having problems (merely a year after the last Batman film and five after the last Batman solo, mind you) is precisely because it's such a massive franchise that dwarfs literally every other superhero, and thus there's bound to be a lot of infighting over who is going to get their hands on it?

>Tom Cruise
>Ha Jordan is suddenly 2 feet shorter than everyone else
Do not want.

>Don't you think that maybe the reason Batman is having problems

It's because they have no story but are determined to make it anyway because the studio demanded it. They will force it just to have a Batman movie, and it will be a rushed mess like Dawn of Justice. And if they can't make a Batman story, that's a fair indication they can't even begin to so something like Shazam