"Marvel" thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sxnKMKp06V0
youtube.com/watch?v=XCebOfRrnvI
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-08.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4D-cIgFytxo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>"funny" jokes

Remember when She-Hulk took a missile to the tits and fucking died?

>changes the comic book industry

Good times.

What makes it worse is it wasn't even close to the worst part of Civil War II

It's true though. November will be the first month in YEARS that won't have any #1s from Marvel.

>Leftists claim to be anti-corporate
>Constantly have their views enforced by corporations

Seriously, how many corporations are more monolithic than fucking D*sney? It can't be a long list.

It's all corporate at the top level, senpai. We're all fighting each other on behalf of like 10 super rich guys.

What kind of thin skinned bitch gets triggered by this?

Worst part of it is that all these events have been fucking dull and uninteresting.

Look around you, my man. The future has come - everything is corporate now.

Fine with me if they don't like Trump. But this kind of stuff is what blogs are for. Id prefer not to pay to read someone's political soapbox

That's just the sort of wrongthink that needs to be cleansed from your mind. Now go buy 50 copies of FemThor.

But Mr. Mickey, I can only afford 49 copies. My estrogen pills and Feminist Frequency Patreon subscription are ever so expensive. Surely 49 is enough!

Is this actually real?

How can one be so bad and heavy handed with satire?

>Is this actually real?

I'm sorry but can you please give me a single example of a post-left egoist anti-corporation corporation?

Don't worry. They ate crow.

All the evil CEOs in Marvel movies.

That's not informed-egoism though that's randian self life denying behaviour.

Man, need a pic of that.

>All the evil CEOs in Marvel movies
>who are acting as foils to Stark
You're just embarrassing yourself, senpai.

>"Marvel" thread

When you already have everything, but spend your life chasing more, you lose everything except the chase.
Affirm your life, do not deny it. and quit blaming me for everything

>Man, need a pic of that.

>Triggered white people thread
I love these

I still think [unsolicited opinions on Israel???] is kinda funny. I don't know why everyone gets so bent out of shape over that one

What is the problem with this?

>a fucking ancient norse god expy
>somehow even knows what Israel is enough to make crude remarks about it
Wat.

Slippery Slope.

he's old enough to have opinions about Canaan and the people who lived there

Six

I just have a question, what was even the context of that? Wasn't it played as a joke, considering it was never followed on? Or is this "reddi-I mean Sup Forums gets upset at Sup Forums and tries to shit on it for the Xth time"?

Hahahahahahahahahaha eat shit Muzzie!

>this weak bait
One is legitimately retarded and I hope Bennett spontaneously combust
Two is a fucking parody
Three is intentionally comedic

The context was that Trump was never going to win and his fans are dummies thinking he would ever become President of the USA: That said, here's an African-American woman who got the Super Soldier Serum because Steve Rogers got killed before they could give it to him punching a hilarious caricature of Trump because he's never going to win ever! It's impossible! Look at these surveys!

youtube.com/watch?v=sxnKMKp06V0

>Slippery Slope.

what?

You sure seem attached to the President of the United States of Electoral College, which Trump also decried previously.

>95442984
Oh, so.
This is Sup Forums-tards getting angry at Sup Forums over dumb shit, got it.
Reminder to report, ignore and hide, everyone.
Because honestly, actual Sup Forums idiots would be upset over memetastic stuff, not legimately believe their retardness is right.

Because of who it comes from and what type of comic they are in.

If it was in a Deadpool/Gwynpool or even a Spider-Man comic, it would could come across better and funnier than it does here.

Like break it down and think about it for a sec.

Characters like Deadpool, Spider-Man and Gywnpool all have these inner monologues that would replace bits and pieces of everyone else's speech, they all make fun of the vilians they fight and they all tend to be in a time period in which this makes sense.

Ontop of this the vilians they fight are the type that might say that, or at the very least look like the type to say that. It's plausible, especially because they are in the 21st century.

Now compare this to a Thor comic, that traditionally had a more serious tone to it. It already doesn't fit as well, even if the "new female Thor" is supposed to be witty and smart like spidey.

On Top of that, how would an old God, who likely has never heard of Israel especially since he was in Valhalla, have opinions on Isreal? It simply doesn't make sense in context.

Wrap all of what I said up with the fact that the comic has been pushing a feminist/progressive agenda and you can see why people dislike the comment.

Well, what can I say? Dude's a card and as someone who browses Sup Forums, I like me some characters:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCebOfRrnvI

>Wasn't it played as a joke
Dream sequence.

Should we start reporting this thread? It stop being about comics.

So then it was a joke.
Honestly, it seems sometimes Sup Forums doesn't get satire just for the sake of satire, then again, there sure are a lot of people who believe in shills, even when they actually non ironically pay more for their stupid obsessions.

>tfw SJW and progressives are so butthurt they infest Marvel and start producing comics
>tfw shoving bullshit diversity and dumbass propaganda down our throats isn't enough
>tfw they take real world arguments, spice it up with a bit of strawman and then throw them onto the villain
>tfw they touch themselves over it, thinking they are getting one over on the otherside while also showing everyone how terrible the arguement is because a villain says it.
>tfw they didn't strawman hard enough and the villains monologue rings true enough
>tfw you agree with the villains more the the heros.

You might as well report half Sup Forums while you're at it.

>all have these inner monologues
This was a story being told by a clearly Unreliable Narrator, user.
>Now compare this to a Thor comic
This is from Angela, Queen Of Hel 004

>unsolicited opinion on Israel
Always gets me

>thatfilename

>corporations paying little taxes and getting rich but not a single electronic old man running the world

Honestly, I'd rather it be an old guy instead of some of the neophyte billionaires running around. You know the ones.

You can fucking tell they thought they would convince people with this. You can pinpoint the exact word where they realised he was making too much sense, and decided to shove in their agenda. Instead of saying outright that exceptionalism is bad, they make it sound good, but then associate it with something or someone bad, implying that if you think the first one is good, you must ALSO think the second one is good. I fucking hate these pansy ass tactics.

Shrekli is just a billionaire though

>tfw SJW and progressives are so butthurt they infest Marvel
>tfw you're a DCfag

What is NOT the problem with this?
You think it's cool for Spider-Man to be weirded out like a bitch about beating up bad guy Asians when in Asia?
>"Ermagahd I feel, like, awkward about beating up Asians who are bad guys, while I'm in Asia, because, like, I'm white?"
Sounds like a "problematic" non-issue only do-nothing white progressives would even worry about.

>>tfw they take real world arguments, spice it up with a bit of strawman
>>tfw they touch themselves over it, thinking they are getting one over on the otherside while also showing everyone how terrible the arguement is
I think you just broke my Unintended Irony Meter, user.

Yeah did you know Angela is Thor's sister and Hel is a place in Norse mythology? And the page in question featuring Bor, Thor's grandfather?
It was a Thor-franchise title.

You have to be 18 years or older to post on this site

At this point it would take a regime change at Marvel for me to even consider buying anything new they publish. It started with them just publishing overpriced nonsense and then as sales collapsed, they doubled down and went full SJW too. If they were honestly trying to drive sales down, they couldn't have found a better way to do so. It's not even just bad business or unintentionally dumb decisions, it's a fucking mental disorder.

Poor bait

I think that is a joke. Even mockingbird pointed out how it is stupid.

>You can pinpoint the exact word where they realised he was making too much sense
I expect there's always a danger/fear in going full Gordon Gekko ( the famous "Greed is Good" speech from the movie Wall Street ) in that you will actually end up inspiring the people you're taking a shot at. Because Poe's Law.

Image related is from Renato Jones which is an Image comic rather than a Marble comic.

If it was just HATE-HATE-HATE, this wouldn't work, but adding and admitting to Fear in his campaign is actually kind of brilliant since it gives him a veneer of vulnerability that people can relate to (no politician IRL would ever admit to being afraid of anything or if they did, they wouldn't use the word "scared"). Not bad for a straw man political villain caricature face.

>and then as sales collapsed
Share of Overall Units:
Marvel 39.52%
DC 31.09%
Image 9.23%

Share of Overall Dollars
Marvel 35.01%
DC 28.18%
Image 10.06%

Sauce:
comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/2017/2017-08.html

I think these threads are made by Marvel shills, trying to deflect attention from Marvel's actual problems like with editorial.

Ayyy it's Magnanimous

Tiny little legs

>conservatives claim to be anti-establishment
>vote in a rich guy
Kek

That's because you're part of the problem buddy.
You can choke on it and die.

Yeah, but he was a rich guy that the establishment hated.

Not that guy, but if I wasn't a racist before, I'm pretty much required to be one now.

Not government establishment though

I just noticed that he has a damn taco bowl on his armrest.
That is hilarious

this would be comical if it wasn't the same fucking drawing copied and pasted 6 time.

>if I wasn't a racist before
>if
You're not fooling anyone, Bubba.

>I like people of different colors
>colors
neither are you

Who're you quoting?

Your higher ground

I mean aside from your bullshit edginess, I see your point.

I've noticed that a lot of marvel villains recently have sort of strayed off character a bit and now just spout more right leaning shit, while the heroes spout left leaning shit.

I mean look no further than Captian America.
>Patriot to Country
>obviously he must be part of the Nazi-Lites.

Fug. user was right. Replace his whole hate circlejerk with something like "I'm tired of seeing..." Or "we need to fix..." And you'd have a good campaign speech that I could agree with.

Am I a Nazi now Sup Forums?

>Trying to make working hard and succeeding from your own efforts look like a bad thing

It's hilarious how it's like two completely different topics taped together in the most nonsensical way.

Questioning group think sounds pretty nazi to me, nazi.

Marvel have absolutely nothing to worry about, as long as the movies are being made they'll sell comics, they could print blank paged "do it your fucking self" issues and they'd still hold a strong market share, Marvel's not going anywhere unless the next 5 or 6 movies tank hard, and we'll see world peace break out and world hunger end before that happens.

>anybody chuking down a grate intentionally

Dig deeper in your own stats. DC and Image have half as many titles each week, they don't juke the system with "free" 150% extras either.

Unlike a lot of people, I think the LCS will survive the end of Marvel. They will need to diversify into other areas. Many in this part of the state now sell more used DVDs and videos games than they do comics. Shelf copies are limited to a handful of big titles, and only a few copies. Trades aren't a draw to the LCS either. Too many will wait for the more expensive books to go on sale and snap them up from Amazon and get free shipping.

Comics are a niche market, they need to be part of a store's market, not their entire livelihood.

>All these triggered replies.
Stay classy, Sup Forums

Makes sense.

Especially considering Trump isn't able to do his job because establishment hates him.

>tfw you will never spend night camping with Cyclops and Nova rest can get fucked by Cho watching Ghost Stories
youtube.com/watch?v=4D-cIgFytxo

>Ghost Stories
Well, I guess I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day.

considering how much this post triggered Sup Forumsmblr it has to be right