Why is Babyseid such a radical dude Sup Forums?

why is Babyseid such a radical dude Sup Forums?

He knows that Darkseid is all.
And with all, I mean cute.

Attitude.

The hands.

>Batman pulls baby Darkseid by his baby harness out of a bag.
>... and I'm here to use him! Now stay back!
This event has exceeded all my expectations.

This

Johns is raping the New Gods so hard it's like he wants to give Starlin a run for his money.

>tubes
>robo-jaw
That's Apocalypse

That how they turned Turpin in Darkseid user

When did DC go full retarded? Multiversity?

Johns isn't the one sucking off Starlin like a madman

>retarded?
You misspelled "amazing."

No. This is just dumb.

No, he's the one that made Grail and babyseid.

Babyseid is the cutest.
Is that the true power of the Anti-Life Equation?

Looks like a harlequin baby

More like Anti-Nap Equation.

WHEN?!

>Astro-Baby-Harness
Genius worthy of the King.

Do people just like Metal because "Woah, it's so crazy and off the chain!"? I like DC but I feel like if Marvel were publishing the same event people would hate it, I don't thin it's very good

Snyder is writing Metal not Johns brah

if an event is going to be stupid, it should at least be fun too

johns made babyseid a thing to start with.

Sleep well Darkbab

>Do people just like Metal because "Woah, it's so crazy and off the chain!"? I like DC but I feel like if Marvel were publishing the same event people would hate it, I don't thin it's very good
We like Metal because it's weaving together a lot of cool connections that streamlines the universe in a really clever way that doesn't sacrifice depth

It's bringing back fan favorites like Hall of Doom and Plastic Man, but it's doing so in a neat and organic way that is coherent and consistent with other well-loved works

Marvel is terrible because they threw away everything we liked to shill awful Bendis creations like "Riri"...

That's cute Orion taking care of his dad/baby

This better be omega sanction manifestating Orion as a bad guy due to Scott's jealousy of Orion being raised by Highfather.

It probably is but it ain't going to be revealed until #6.

I want a mini with single-dad Orion raising Babyseid to be good while keeping him away from the crazy Apokolips Darkseid followers and kicking Grail in the face.

babydaddy

>I want a mini with single-dad Orion
That reminds me, what ever happened to Bekka in this continuity? Last I remember she was hanging with the Sinestro Corps.

it does none of those things and is also terribly written

Hi, Bendis!

I've never read anything with Grail in it
Nobody seems to like her, I've never asked why.
I always thought maybe because she seems to be edgy or something.
But really.... why is she a shit character?

I really liked the idea of a "female version" of Darkseid... I even liked her design besides the hair. Would look better without a sidecut an with braided hair or something... and maybe a little bit taller, maybe like Barda.

Don't wanna read it because everyone says the story is garbage sooo....
What went wrong?

Snyder is literally DC Bendis
>pushing his own terrible OCs
>terrible at dialogue
>tries to be deeper than he is (i.e. deeper than a puddle)
>tries and fails to rip-off previous works of his betters
>far more popular than his writing quality deserves
>gets all the best artists
>writes terrible events that puff up his own books

She and Sinestro are still palling around... I think.

>tfw user saved your OC

>But really.... why is she a shit character?
She's really less of a character and more of a vehicle to say dialogue like "[Evil sounding monologue] HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!" over and over again.

I told you I loved it. :3

Who knows, probably still with the Sinestro corps.

I hope they don't drop her because she was the only good version of Bekka besides Gods and Monsters Bekka.

Superman/Batman Bekka was the worst and she only existed for cucking Orion and Batwanking.

She had no character other than be edgy and angry and was unstoppable until the plot called for her to get defeated.

Also the sidecut didn't help endear her to anons.

>Snyder is literally DC Bendis
Heh
>>pushing his own terrible OCs
Everyone pushes the Owls bc they own. Sry
>>terrible at dialogue
No, that's King. Snyder's very wordy (his background is prose) but it's masterful. He's a Prof. of Writing at Columbia FYI
>>tries to be deeper than he is (i.e. deeper than a puddle)
Nah
>>tries and fails to rip-off previous works of his betters
Nah
>>far more popular than his writing quality deserves
He's popular, sure
>>gets all the best artists
No argument there
>>writes terrible events that puff up his own books
This is, like, his first event and it rules m8

Love Capullo and Snyder. Love Metal

Whatever happened to Dam Turpin anyways?

He's probably closer to Mark Millar only he's slightly less edgy

he died and hasn't shown up in New 52

it's hard to compare anyone to Millar because there isn't really a creator that's as wildly successful as him, or who varies so greatly in quality

im gonna need an explanation of whats going on

Superwoman had a baby
Grail used the baby to absorb all of Darkseid's god powers
the baby became Darkseid
Batman stole the baby who is Darkseid
he was going to use the baby to Omega Sanction himself back into the past to prevent the Court of Owls from setting the plan to summon Barbatos into motion

In Dark Nights Metal #2, Batman has a plan to stop the villain from destroying reality.
This plan involve kidnapping and using Baby Darkseid to Omega Sanction him into the past, allowing him to prevent the villain from gaining enough power to work in the present day. Everyone else in that scene thinks it's a retarded idea.
The Robin picture is an edit

Meanwhile, a new Legion of Doom has formed, made up of immortal beings from the DCU, and they have their own plan

>club for immortal
>non-immortals allowed in

How old is Uncle Sam anyways?

The same issue had Granny Goodness be caring and motherly. Its clear something is fucking with the New Gods personalities

who's the non-immortal?

Hawkgirl might get a slight pass for the reincarnation stuff

>The same issue had Granny Goodness be caring and motherly.
She was fucking with them. She was also literally starving a captive right next to them. Not to mention remembering how she tortured both of them fondly while talking to both of them.

>a fucking bat headlamp
There is no limit to Bruce's autism.

I'm new, help me out DC bros. Who's the hooded guy on the left and the guy on the far right next to Ras?

Immortality is pretty loosely defined nowadays
I mean, this is how it starts. First they infiltrate our clubs, then our schools, soon we will have to accept faggots like Deadman into our secret societies

Well, Fu Manchu guy, aka Racer Cool, is not really immortal, he's just using some magic pools to extend his life.
I mean, extending your life span is not the same as immortality.

>Everyone pushes the Owls bc they own. Sry

DC's target audience, everyone.

so ra's isn't immortal either

>How old is Uncle Sam anyways?
If they're still going with the "Spirit of America" thing then he's about as old as the USA. So over a couple of centuries. Ras is older and he should be 600+.

As old as the revolutionary war of the US.

>Phantom Stranger
Did they give up that retarded Judas backstory yet?

>New God Harlequin baby
Kill the fucking thing now.

Who has Darkseid appointed to make sure the child achieves it's goals?

Last time we saw her was in Sinestro's ongoing as a Sinestro Corps member

She hasn't shown up since that book ended though

A lot of OCs from that rum didn't show up post rebirth. A shame, though I cannot say I miss Nubo.

The guy on the far right is Jason Blood, cursed host of Etrigan the Demon. Next to him are Ra's and Abel (Cain's silhouette is in the bottom left corner)

Across from them we have Morgaine Le Fey (also from Jason's era of Camelot), The Wizard (Shazam), the Phantom Stranger (Judas Iscariot), and Uncle Sam

Grundy's bottom right, and Vandal Savage and Kendra Saunders in the middle

I think that's meant to be Baron Winters at the bottom center and Mary Seward (vampire) was shown last issue

No idea who the hooded guy is

If Marvel did it it wouldn't be good, twice as expensive, and Carol would be plastered all over the place.

Jason Blood is a ginger though

the hooded guy is probably Billy

so this is at least 2/3rds Marvel, then, since it's not good and costs the same as Secret Empire

Jason Blood has a beard now? I mean, I guess with the streak it's him. But it's usually on his right side.

>Racer Cool
>Ra's al Ghul

>Billy
T-that could actually be true. He's supposed to be a big part of a post Rebirth event.

I legitimately thought he meant some minor guy from the silver/golden age that got referenced here that I didn't know.

HE'S THROWING UP THE HORNS

Kendra and Carter aren't immortal either, technically.
They just keep reincarnating.

its meant to be just that, its bombastic crazy fun, the writing could be better but the idea behind the event is to just go balls to the wall crazy.

and its not that big a deal because other than the main story theres just a handful of one shots, it doesnt crossover endlessly with other books.

People who don't like it, probably aren't reading it, which makes sense and is just as it should be. why would someone read something they're not enjoying just to bitch about it.... *looks around* ....oh, wait.

I read it

It's awful

cool, that sucks... but at least you know not to read anymore of it, obviously not your kinda thing.

Well yeah, terrible things aren't most people's kind of thing

I haven't one single decent argument against it, and it's entertaining.

It's crazy how successful Millar is, he's gone from writing garbage like unfunnies and trouble to genuinely great work like jupiters legacy, Plus he's got an uncanny ability to get great artist to work for him

>almost every page overloaded with bad expository dialogue
>very little actually happens
>the "crazy fun" things come and go without anything actually happening
There you go

The immortals aren't apart of the new Legion of Doom, Savage said on the same page that they're only using his base as temporary command center, but it's actual purpose is for "something else".

>How old is Uncle Sam anyways?
The newest retcon pre-rebirth said Uncle Sam was the spirit of rebellion/freedom of all western democracys dating back to the greeks. He's just landed/been transformed in america most recently.

Souns like you just don't like Snyder, which is a personal issue no one cares about.

>the owls are Snyder's only OCs
So casual you can't even grasp the most casual element of DC

>Johns is DC Bendis
>now Snyder is DC Bendis
Who's next since apparently DC Bendis can change beings

No.
NO.

King

Millar is unique among all writers. Snyder is much closer to Bendis than he is to Millar though.

>almost every page overloaded with bad expository dialogue
I disagree.
>very little actually happens
Objectively false
>the "crazy fun" things come and go without anything actually happening
Not that this is true, but the Justice Zord/Mongul's war world were intros, likema pre-title screen scene. They served no purpose other than being entertaining moments. The chase scene from the second issue is the other moment you're referring to, and that had a role in the story, so you're wrong about that too.

Now try again without pulling things out of your ass.

only if they also think its terrible.

How is that not immortal?

>>very little actually happens
>Objectively false
It took them until the last page of the second issue to reveal the villains that we all already knew about. If that's not miserable decompression, I do not know what is.

That's a horrible measure of "nothing happens".

How? They literally don't even have established antagonists and we're into issue 3.

Darksied as Robin? That's so stupid it loops around to being cool. Snyder has finally gotten my attention, can't wait for this to finish so I can read it