Metroid Nintendo Power comic

There's a new Metroid game, and you know what that means.

neato

I'm going to finish Supreme, guys, I got really sick yesterday and just wasn't in the mood for that kind of time investment

This comic is absolutely muh Metroid, like how the NP Star Fox comic is muh Star Fox and the Katsuya Terada Zelda art is muh Zelda.

What gives? This isn't a bimbo in a catsuit.

Unfortunately there wasn't a Metroid II comic.

I know, these comics are such dated shit for geezers who play Atari or something.

Sorta considering posting this on Sup Forums and seeing what happens since the Star Fox storytime back when Zero came out was successful.

Yo, Tex, my fellow Metroid-fag!

It's so nice to have real Metroid games again. Also, this comic is alright. Not great, but not bad. I mostly appreciate it for being the first introduction of Samus' origins.

It's ok Tex there's no problem.

Y'know, just today I was pondering something that always bothered the shit out of me. That being where the hell does Samus live? Every comic I've read suggests she just has a house somewhere. It's always some tiny, utilitarian outpost too. Be neat if that were in the games.

Glad I took your word for Samus Returns because I'm loving it a lot more than I expected, though the melee is still pointless and there's a somewhat "cheap" feel to it with the graphics and reused sound effects.

But I'm also one of those bizarre people who really likes Metroid II and I've been really surprised with how accurate they stayed to the map design.

In the manga she has some little apartment in a generic scifi city, like Ripley in Alien has.

I once tried to storytime the manga on Sup Forums, that was a true disaster.

In that recent Valiant Nintendo Comics System thread we were talking about what a modern Metroid comic could be like. I wonder if Nintendo would let them do something a bit grittier/more Western like this or if they'd push for a more Other M anime-like tone.

Told you it was good. Our gal is back.

Say Tex, you're a reasonable fellow who disagrees with me on our mutual interests. Can you explain to me why in the actual hell so many people want a game about exploration to be frenetic and fast paced? I'm I crazy, or does that not make any goddamned sense?

Blonde Samus, purple hair Samus, or green hair Samus?

I wasn't aware people were asking for that. I really can't imagine why someone would want that. Like, go play Mega Man X if you want fast schoot gaem.

Back when I was 9, the scene with Samus getting spiked through the armpit was one of the most shocking things I'd seen in a comic.

I've seen billions of YouTube videos popping up on my home page that are like "METROID FUSION: THE HIDDEN HORROR CLASSIC" so I figured making Metroid really slow paced would be the hot new meme.

Same. I was used to Silver Age comics so this blew me away.

>thanks doc

Gotta go blonde. I'm a sucker for athletic blondes.

Mother Brain is good for reaction images.

Oh yeah, plenty of people bitch about stuff that "breaks the flow" of game play. Anything that slows you down is a bad thing. It was one of the big complaints about melee after the E3 reveal, that it would interrupt the pacing. Yeah.

>I wonder if Nintendo would let them do something a bit grittier/more Western like this or if they'd push for a more Other M anime-like tone.
The latter is doubtful, thankfully. Nintendo can be very baka gaijin at times, but they're not completely stupid, and they're aware of how that shit was received by (let's face it) the only people who actually buy these games.

So what are that chances of me ever being able to get them Metroid amiibos without paying an arm and a leg to Scalper-kun?

Ironically I feel like the melee makes the pace too fast, if anything. But it's such a minor thing you don't even notice it 90% of the time.

The end. Thanks for reading.

Now to go either pass out from illness or keep playing Samus Returns until my eyes bleed.

Thanks for posting, Tex.

Y'know, this comic is oddly consistent with the games in terms of Samus' personality. Stern, professional, yet clearly enjoys her job, does hammy poses, and has a soft spot for cute critters. Hm.

And again, interesting to see the first instance of her origin being brought up, which clearly stuck and made it into canon, minus the part where Old Bird is still around... right?

I find kind of weird that the metroid backstory manage to stay so consistent over the years specially since it came from the nintendo power magazine.