Is Rick anti-Semitic?

Is Rick anti-Semitic?

>Morty is Jewish
>Morty says Rick rants about Israel when he's drunk
>If Morty is Jewish and Rick is not, that means Jerry is probably Morty's Jewish parent
>Rick might hate Jerry for being "the Jew who ruined my daughter's life", or he might hate Jews because of Jerry specifically

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

awful thread famalam

Maybe its implying that there are two sides of the voice actor.

Justin Roiland and (((Justin Roiland)))

your dad being jewish does not make you jewish but nice try

Judaism is passed down through the mother, so that would mean Beth would have to be Jewish and so would her mother.

>Jerry celebrates Christmas harder than anyone else in the family
>the whole family attends church when the world is ending

Yeah, no. Nice try though.

>If Morty is Jewish and Rick is not, that means Jerry is probably Morty's Jewish parent

You can't be a jew unless your mom is a jew

/thread

>>Morty is Jewish

Nigga wat? Where in the show has it ever been suggested that anyone in the Smith family is Jewish? They're clearly a nonreligious family.

> smartest man in the world
> even the remote possibility of not being anti-Semitic

good one, OP.

Jewish is also a nationality, you dingdong.

Fair point. But again, where in the show has it ever been suggested that anyone in the Smith family is Jewish?

>I don't understand how genetics work
Jew parent = Jew kid.

Yes, finally someone sees the same thing I see. Rick is an anti-Semite. Yeah you have some idiots say tha Jerry is Christian but Jerry is the Jew analog for this show. Rick is upset because Jerry polluted his gene pool with his filthy Jew-like ways.

oh, you don't get it.

(((name))) is apparently a jewish thing for record keeping

really I've only seen Sup Forums obsess over this, but I don't know if there's other uses.

wait scratch that, it's just some antisemitic thing the alt-right made to identify certain jews in power.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_parentheses

Culturally Jewish and ethnically Jewish are separate things

I'm rather astonished a shitty meme actually has its own Wikipedia entry.

Israelis is a nationality you dipshit.

Jewish is barely an ethnicity

Marty McFly's jewish?

>nationality
You mean ethnicity.
>Israelis is a nationality
I mean, if you're the kind of imperialist who acknowledges Israel as a nation, sure.

What if Jerry converted to Christianity?

If Jerry is Morty's Jewish parent, Morty is not Jewish.

Not according to Jews

THE GOYIM KNOW!

They are not Jewish, this thread is based on no evidence and fucking stupid.

I think it's a joke.

>ironically fanwanking headcanon based on nothing more than social media use of a 3-4 year old Sup Forums meme
This generation has such a lame approach to fandoms, damn.

> nations = recognized sovereign countries
Get a load of these brainlets

Being Jewish doesn't bar you from celebrating Christmas.

Jerry seemed to put too much importance on Christmas to have been raised Jewish. If Morty is Jewish by birth somehow, the only thing that makes sense would be if Beth's mother was, which I still kind of doubt.

A lot of things get called Sup Forums here. I've been called Sup Forums for making a reasonable argument. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Not this though, this is fucking Sup Forums.

Being called Sup Forums doesn't actually mean that you really being accused from coming from/pol/ tho.

I think o.o tho la north is a new because he has a Jewish first name which means shit. I mean his last name is Smith and moms maiden name is sanchez .very unjewish names

To Jews, you're only Jewish if your mother was Jewish. So Morty and Summer would only be Jewish if Beth and by extension her mother were.

did you forget about how obsessed Jerry was with Christmas?

Oh boy here we go time to answer the Jew questions
No having a Jewish father does not make you Jewish you're thinking of the mother.
If Morty is somehow a Jew which the show has never stated that they are and has shown multiple times now that the Smiths are most likely Christian then Beth would also have to be a Jew and so would Beth's mother aka Rick's wife. Therefor by your own logic Rick loves or loved a Jew and cannot be anti-Semetic. /thread/

I've noticed nearly everyone that considers themself smart thinks they know exactly what it would take to resolve all the conflict in the middle east and everything being done wrong about it by the worlds governments.

They're all just a bunch of white people in the middle east

>>Morty says Rick rants about Israel when he's drunk
Anti-zionism isn't anti-semitism, dumbfuck.

>Rick loves or loved a Jew and cannot be anti-Semetic
not true. Lovecraft was anti-semetic until he was in his thirties, which was quite a while after he married his jewish wife

you just had to toss gasoline on the fire didn't you

this is my revenge against the world for my spare batteries going missing. now I'm forced to use my touchpad like a caveman.

The joke is that Morty is a common name among old Jewish men. They made the same joke on the parasite episode.

>Morty says Rick rants about Israel when he's drunk
Anti-zionist =/= anti-semitic

According to Jewish law and tradition, it only counts if the mother is Jewish. Someone with a jewish father and a non-jewish mother would actually have to petition a rabbi to convert to judaism at some point in their life even if they were raised within Jewish culture. They're weirdly particular about that.

Jews are actually constituted of a number of discrete ethnicities. The white ones are Ashkenazi Jews found in central Europe and were the ones that were just recently dispersed by the pogroms of the late 19th and early 20th century and the Holocaust. Think Fiddler on the Roof; those are Ashkenazi Jews. Consequently, most contemporary Jewish stereotypes are based on this ethnotype.

Sephardic Jews come predominantly from Spain and Portugal, and can be found throughout Latin America.

Mizrahi Jews are the brown variety found in enclaves throughout the Middle and Near East, as well as North Africa.

There are a ton of very specific local and regional subdivisions within each of these broad categories, too, such as the Jews native to India or Ethiopia, but fit the most part this covers the majority of international Jewry.

do they fuck?

>Jerry Smith
>Smith
>Smith
Smith is not a Jewish surname

>Lovecraft was anti-semetic until he was in his thirties, which was quite a while after he married his jewish wife

He doubled down on it after marrying her

tfw to smart too identify with real nations

this reminds me of the time i made that shitty post about if rick was cuban.

You can rant and hate on isreal and still be ok with jews.

Isreal is a shit ass country, but they basically control America, so they have that going for them at least.

You cant have a IQ that high and not be.

There is literally nothing wrong with being jewish

Isn't it the opposite? Israel receives a lot of U.S. funding but that's because of jews born here. If not for them they'd just be another U.S. puppet state.

Morty is this one

Then why are the jewish kids always sad around Christmas?

Isreal says jump, and America says how high.
It's been that way forever.

Because Jesus was born their, so all the dumb ass old white people will do anything for the country.

Not even the most liberal politicians will speak out against them.

>Because Jesus was born their

That's not why America follows them.

No it's not the actual cause, it's more like the weapon to trick dumb white christians.

Just say Jesus and they open their wallets and bend their knees.

It's a money and religious thing.

>Then why are the jewish kids always sad around Christmas?

Their families don't own retail stores?

No, whoever runs that twitter just likes to wallow in childish edginess for the sake of a cheap laugh from idiots, just like everyone else involved in the show

Jews change their names to pretend to not be jewish all the time.

>reading comprehension
Rick has a high IQ. So he is anti-semetic.

Oh look it's this pointless semantics discussion again.

Shalom Bocchi Ball

Don't you mean pointless semitics discussion?

You don't need to be antisemitic to have issues with Israel, Israel is a country not a religion.

but autism is not even a race
wubba lubba nub nub

You realise anyone can put anything on wikipedia right?

It's also because of its location and soft power and the vague idea of having a "Western" ally in the region.