Superman #31 Storytime

You were expecting Apokolips but it was me, Deathstroke!

"Breaking Point" Part One.

Other urls found in this thread:

www16.zippyshare.com/v/VZUhJtPC/file.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>memestroke
Ugh

Don't mind deathstroke, but this issue was meh.

Ugh Deathstroke not written by Priest is concerning.

When's Tomasi returning?

Pardon the wait, folks.

Soon unfortunately.

>Soon fortunately

FTFY

Batman: Green Lanterns: Injustice: Have a nice night.

Superman 031 (2017) (webrip) (2 covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
www16.zippyshare.com/v/VZUhJtPC/file.html

Same to you pham, thanks as always

speak for yourself

This is a two part arc but after this we get Imperious Lex.
Tomasi is way better than these fill in artists. You fags who hate it can't even say why, or who should replace him.

>who should replace him
Yang.

NEXT

>Tomasi is way better than these fill in artists.
You mean writers

This was ok. Fairly predictable, but alright. I enjoy seeing Lois being active and not just a housewife.

Depends on if they'd give him freedom, he's done a terrific job with New Superman, but his New 52 Supes run was way worse than Tomasi.

guess no one told Bonny he needed to feed the twitter beast to get page views and clicks for this issue

This seems really out of touch for what Deathstroke has been for the entirety of Rebirth

>can't even say why
Oh let's see,

>overdramatic writing
>good concepts, but bad execution and the ending of his arcs always feel unsatisfying
>Jon Jon Jon Jon (I like him, but he is getting too much focus for a character that already has a book being written by HIM)
>hardly any use of Superman supporting cast
>too much use of Batman and his gadgets

>Non Jimenez Variant
Ech. Also, is Jon Boy back at DC?

Hey you're one of those CBR fags are you, that explains all the bitching. The book is about Superman and his immediate family, Lois and Jon. Tomasi is focusing on Clark's role as a Dad, trying to mentor his son. If you don't like that fine, but seriously fuck off at this point.
>Too much Batman
Batman did fucking nothing except get his ass beat and captured.
>Too melodramatic
What the fuck does this mean? Clark is not an angster in Tomasi's series.
>bad execution and the ending of his arcs always feel unsatisfying
How? This is a vague non-criticism. His Black Dawn arc ended great, Jon and Clark told Chester to fuck off and sent his ass running into a cow. Jon made a Loli friend and Clark freed the town from Chester's influence.

I was planning to have an actuall discussion with you, but you had to use the "CBR bogeyman" and I decided that you aren't worth talking to.

>Also, is Jon Boy back at DC?
Yes. I prefer him on a creator-owned series if he ever wants to do interior art for a full arc or more.

You have terrible taste and you should feel bad. Tomasi and Gleason have been a godsend for Superman.

Oh woe is me, I don't know how I'll survive without the vast and in depth knowledge you were about to share on a Taiwanese croquet board.

I see people accused of being Reddit but CBR is not a popular boogeyman so I'm guessing I hit the nail on the head

I think you mean "Darkseid". Apokolips is a PLACE, not a person.

No clue who at DC or wherever has decides that one single person could take on someone with Clark's power set, much less the entire Justice League - but it makes for tediously boring or ridiculous story by and large.

It was equally annoying wherever else they try it, like Young Justice.

I actually agree with your points.

The first arc wasn't bad (the dinosaur island was actually fun) and issue 7 was the highlight of his run, but everything else was really mediocre.

>the dinosaur island was actually fun
*too

Lois is so freaking gorgeous in that lower panel, damn.

woa
what a twist

this is dumb

No, I'm pretty sure he meant Apokolips.

We might have been expecting Apokolips becasue that's where the next arc is going to take place. I don't think Darkseid is even going to be in the arc.

It's the New 52 Deathstroke writer. He isn't as bad here as he was in the past but stupid is kinda his forte. He was pretty butthurt at Priest last I recall.
I don't know who decided to start giving her purple eyes but it's really attractive for me

>just as planed

Bolivia has forests? I thought they only had jungles

>Shows a picture of Deathstroke to a guy
>Guy runs away so fast his cigarette is still in mid iar
What is this shit, Looney Tunes?

She had purple eyes in the DCAU. It's been canon for a while but it's hard to see in comics, especially in the older days - I can't think of a new 52 issue, or even a post Infinite Crisis or Final Crisis, when they had better colorists, where it was really clear that she has purple eyes.

It's supposed to be more like Liz Taylor's eye color, but the DCAU did it in this unrealistic sort of make-up color.

>hardly any use of Superman supporting cast

IN Hamilton County in made no sense. In addition, Clark's visited China and Kenan in New Super-Man, visited Kara in National City and Supergirl, and likewise Lana in Super Woman and Smallville/Metropolis. And all of them, plus Steel, were in the Superman Revenge Squad arc. They've been barely at the Planet but that's going to change.

>too much use of Batman and his gadgets

No clue what you've been reading but he hardly averages a panel in Action, barely appears in Super Sons, and other than Trinity and Justice League, he's hardly interacting with Clark and or Lois/Jon except where it makes sense. It's not like they are using Bruce to solve Clark's problems/criminals, etc.

The writer for this issue said Deathstroke didn't need fixing.

well, at least the art is otherwise nice

Imperius Lex was supposed to take place in Apokolips which is what this issue would have been if it wasn't for the delay.

Probably an Inventory Issue, Superman's been getting a lot of those lately and it's really hurting this run IMHO. But that's what you get for going twice monthly. They should just drop Mahnke or at least tell him to dial the details and draw more like his 90s self so he can actually keep schedule.

DC editorial has been a mess in terms of artists, all titles suffer from having a bunch of fill ins despite and some of them suck ass(see Green Arrow)

>In addition, Clark's visited China and Kenan in New Super-Man, visited Kara in National City and Supergirl, and likewise Lana in Super Woman and Smallville/Metropolis. And all of them, plus Steel, were in the Superman Revenge Squad arc. They've been barely at the Planet but that's going to change
All of this happened outside of Superman book.

And why are you mentioning Action and the other super books? We are talking about this superman's run by Tomasi.

Such a spousal thing to do, but I love it. Simultaneously relieved and annoyed.

He was wrong. Slade's family was a fucking mess in the New 52.

No shit he was wrong, motherfucker. Slade has been a shit character for almost two decades before Priest got a hold of him.

God damn I love how this artist draws Lois

>who should replace him
I'll go with Yang as well. I'll take Seeley as well, even though his recent output is mediocre, it's still better than Tomasi's mediocre.

>Deathstroke thinking of collateral damage

is the pre or post Defiance?

hm... both Superman issues being a miss this month. not a good sign.

Obvious fake-bullet shot to lure Supes so Slade knows for sure that Lois is Supes lover...

Cuck

sounds like just a regular month.

>Lois

You know, during the New52 I unironically changed to shipping Superman and pretty much anyone but Lois, because New52 Lois was a total bitch. Rebirth Lois has been GOAT

Depends on how its done.

Straight fight? Shit, Clark should stomp.

A face off with the onus shifted off the physical and into some other issue? Good.

it looks like she will finally receive powers during apokolips arc since she's using the Daughter's armor

>who should replace him
Morrison.
>b-but his Action Comics was his worst cape work
Still better than anything by Tomasi.

I'm scared to delve in blind, how badly do they shit on Priestroke here?

Sweet Jonboy is back now to get him on teen titans or new super-man

Seems like he is generally very bad to work with, huge flake who just leaves books frequently. With covers he can just do his thing without needing to collaborate so just let him stick to that. Better for everyone involved.

Editor's box on the very first page.

Bump

See

How is the Daily Planet still alive does anyone still read print for news

>Slade:Im here to do a job Lois

takes off pants

>Slade: its you

This cover sucks.

this

This is why people hate him and his overrated book. You priestfans are worse than RHATO fans now.

get the fuck out. Writing Kenan is completely different than writing clark. Why would you think that would transfer?

>new super-man
user I...

Yang wrote Superbro's taco lucha libre adventures. He can do Superman well if he's given the liberty
Although I'd prefer him working on something new. He's one of the good kind of Asian writers in comics that actually knows what he's doing

He was pretty invested in making Clark and Lois really lovey-dovey too. Truth could have worked better as a relationship setup arc if it was just a one-book arc rather than a crossover.

I mean it seems like NSM could relaunch as JLC anyway, but if he can handle another book I'd take him on Clark.

I want to dick Lois

They probably do both digital and physical

I am deeply embarrassed at how loudly I laughed

Twice Monthy Scheduling. I mean, I'm not a big fan of Janin but props to King's run since each arc at least consistently always has 1 artist on it. Same with Wonder Woman during Rucka's tenure. Detective Comics too I think, I'm not sure but Eddy Barrows drew the first arc himself. Also I don't know what you mean about, Green Arrow has stellar artists, they just clash with each other, unless you mean the non-Ferreyra/Schmidt issues? From what I understand they usually rotate per arc I may be wrong.

Superman, Suicide Squad, and Action Comics and Nightwing had a terrible case of always rotating art teams even mid-arcs. Flash, Green Lanterns too and Hal and Pals but not as bad as these 4.

Eh, I honestly like the contrast between the two books. Action Comics has more the greater Superfamily oriented stuff while Superman focuses more on Superman and his family. Not that user btw.

The Parallax arc had no Jon as well as the Frankenstein Arc, Multiplicity Arc. This current arc has no Jon as well. Though you do have a point where Jon has been featured a lot. But I feel like that's just them heavily (Heavily) cementing Jon's place in the family.