What do you think about William Buckley?

What do you think about William Buckley?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/the-time-william-f-buckley-wanted-to-nuke-vietnam/260579/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He got nice digits apparently

fag that danced in the woods

kys digit fag

>those quads
wew

Buckley was one of the greats
Not perfect, but great

He epitomizes the perpetually-losing, establishment conservative. Too concerned with "principles" and scared to get his hands dirty in order to actually *win*.

Most of his socially conservative opinions I agree with but he was also got onboard with the interventionist, nation-building craze... which is stupid and destructive.

He was semi-redpilled on the issue of race. He argued against Black enfranchisement but later retracted his views later in life. I'm not sure what his position on Jews/Israel was. I suspect he was probably a philosemite given his religious and neoconservative leanings.

He cucked the right something fierce.

"CRYPTONAZI"

Cuçk.

Not really a bad guy, though conservatives have gradually become overly enamored with representing a principle rather than finding leaders who can win.

He was probably gay but damn did he have a good tv show.

How was he gay?

There were plenty of rumors that his marriage to Patricia Buckley was a front.

He retracted his support for the war in Vietnam after some time, and as time went on I suspect he would eventually give up on the concept of nation building like a lot of conservatives such as Gingrich have.

Queer

>got onboard with the interventionist, nation-building craze... which is stupid and destructive.
how the fuck could you be so fucking WRONG???
In his old age, when Bill Buckley knew he was close to dying, he arranged for a final public interview with CBS News.

This would be his last public statement to the Nation he had counseled all his adult life
Think of George Washington's Farewell Address, of Dwight Eisenhower's final Presidential speech.
At the very end of the interview, he was asked for a final thought.
He said:

America should get out of ALL Middle Eastern conflicts. Don't try to even up a prepare to leave, get out NOW.
God Bless you Bill.

Those who possess an aversion regarding homosexuality are often repressing themselves (and sexual predilections thereof). Stereotypes are usually consolidated upon actuality.

>America should get out of ALL Middle Eastern conflicts. Don't try to even up a prepare to leave, get out NOW.
>God Bless you Bill.

I love Buckley.
He wasn't perfect, but at least the man was great enough to realize he was wrong, to admit it, and to at least try to undo the damage.

He was a true patriot.

I think that's pretty dumb. If someone says "I have a deep dislike of homosexuality." It doesn't necessarily mean that person is a faggot.

I don't know what your bitch is. Conservatives aren't given a chance to run for office.

this is so fucking retarded I sometimes have to wonder if Sup Forums really is all satire, and I've just been ultimately rused.

I wish I talked like him.

I really don't like getting blown up

guess I secretly got a fetish for getting blown up

dumb faggot

He was critical of the Bush administration in later life, yes, as well as disavowing the neoconservative movement but he was by no means an isolationist; particularly in his younger days.

See: theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/08/the-time-william-f-buckley-wanted-to-nuke-vietnam/260579/

> I'm allergic to bees

> My disposition towards bees is relatively neutral

anyone who doesn't worship the ground he walked on wasn't alive when the right was a dirty word in the late 60's

It was Buckley and Milton Friedman who paved the way for Reagan. Had it not been for them, this country would have fallen to soviet russia, and this nation would be a left wing shithole like every other one in the world.

watched that documentary on him and vidal
was decent desu

Establishment Jew lover

>he's back after everything he posted was WRONG
Isolationism is stupid.

Well, there is nothing wrong with nuking the chinks, Nixon should have done it