Clone Wars

Why do Grievous' episodes get all the praise when Anakin's fight against Ventress was clearly the highlight of the series?

Because like you, Grievous fags can think to post in the Star Wars thread.

You fags have a general, use it. Stop flooding this place with Star Wars shit.

Because people like spectacles more than 1v1 duels that actually make sense.

Nobody on the general wants these threads. We constantly make fun of them.

because grievous had more than one fight.
also,it was better than the Asajj fight.

Asajj had three fights that I can remember
>rattataki arena
>vs dooku
>vs anakin

Grievous has more lightsabers. Ventress is way better but if you buy her action figure you get less lightsabers to play with so people don't like her as much.

2 curved lightsabers > 4 generic lightsabers

>Ventress
>not the clones

Space yourself

Because Grievous can spin more and spinning is a good trick

He looks cooler.

>take anything Gendy to /swco/
>have a dozen angry Filonifag Disney shills autistically screech at you until they drown you out with Reyfag and Rebels posts
nah no thanks

I know right? Asajj was amazing.

>Come Jedi, your destruction will be my ascension to the Sith.

>but Ventress, you already are a shit.

A greater question is, why is Asajj so perfect?
>Exotic, hot alien that isn't -too- exotic
>Sultry, smoky voice
>Confident personality, a good girl gone oh-so-bad.
>Actually pretty competent in the CGI version compared to General Grievous' constant tactical retreats.
Only drawback is, she dies in both oldcanon and nucanon, and we won't ever get to see her Galactic Civil War adventures.

I hate Star Wars fans

Grievous got fucked over by canon. In contrast, Ventress in the TCW series had a more interesting story arc that made her a better character overall.

>Exotic
I don't understand.

I liked her more than any other character in Star Wars. But to he honest she did not deserve to have Savage Opress as her husbando. During the trials he was more concerned with saving his little brother than himself. They then took this innocent cinnamon role and gave him black magic steroids. All compassion or sound reasoning leaves him as a result. And in the end Savage Opress was just a tool for Ventress to get her revenge on Dooku. Best boy deserved better than Ventress and that is just the truth.

>Bald, pale, facial tattoos. Sure, that seems kind of bland when it comes to Star Wars aliens, but most humanoid ayys in Star Wars seem to follow that trend of strange-colored skin, like Pantorans, Mirialans, and Zeltrons. I like Asajj's looks as much as I do the Togruta or Twi'lek. Distinctly alien, but not -too- alien.

Honestly I would have enjoyed if Ventress and Oppress were more antagonistic. Bickering and arguing, constantly resisting the urge to choke the other or hatefuck. I would have found it interesting if Oppress' compassion for his brother and his logic would have lead to a few heel-face turns, with both he and Ventress considering turning away from the Sith way, or the War completely, with Oppress trying to convince Maul to let go of his vendetta and just get the fuck away from any of the Clone Wars.

>Distinctly alien, but not -too- alien.
I see. Though I suppose I still don't really understand the mindset since I have completely different tastes when it comes to aliens.

>Only drawback is, she dies in both oldcanon and nucanon, and we won't ever get to see her Galactic Civil War adventures.
I hate that book so much.

>there are people who think turning unfinished TCW scripts into books/comics is good

They're finished scripts you retard. The episodes themselves were unifishined but just the animation part.

Like how everyone else is constantly making fun of you idiots?

And grievous fights where better than all of them.
Also,she was only in a REAL fight witu anakin

Because there wasn't such a radical change in Ventress between shows and she wasn't present at all during the movies.
Grievous had that one shining moment followed by a series of disappointing showings. Most of the talk I hear about Grievous has to do with that than just him being great.

I hate that we didn't get Bad Batch and Boba/Bane, but man I'm so glad we didn't get Dark Disciple. I would have felt obligated to watch the episodes but thankfully I don't read Star Wars books.

I had one hour left to finish the goddamn audiobook, fucking goddamnit why.

>The Jedi were scared of a sith and were not OP REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Wtf are you talking about?

look at any fanboy account of that episode with grievous fighting the jedi and they say my green text

In the new canon, has Grievous even killed a Jedi besides a padawan using a blaster? 'Cause some try to say, "Don't whine, Grievous still kills Jedi!"

I can only recall that one at the moment.

Genndy Wars is obviously top tier EU

The highlight of the series was Nelvaan and everything in it

Those aliens pretty much told anakin what was going down and the stupid fuck still couldnt stop it.

sometimes we are powerless to stop our fate

"no my Lord...the unsuspecting fools no not what awaits."

No, he got beaten by Gungans tho.

>beaten by Gungans

wow,

Grievous was originally thought to be a bad ass Jedi killer. This is why Gendywars and the comics had him act as such. Then Lucas decided he wanted Grievous to be a "mustache twirling type of villain" instead. So everything had to backpedal and come up with a reason why Grievous went from elite killing machine to pussy willow.

Gendywars had Mace crush his chest. The comics/novels had him get injured in the same battle that Asajj Ventress ended up faking her death in. Then we got to be fully introduced to him in ROTS where he did fuck all and died like a bitch.

But now we have TCW where he is established as a bumbling war hero. He's the Jar-Jar of the CIS.

That's bullshit.

Lucas had always intended grievous to be a coward who relied on his troops and cybernetical enhancements to win.
Genndy and his crew only had concept art and early scrips to work with, so they made their own version of him.

He still is a pretty powerful fighter, though. He has a collection of padawan braids and lightsabers in his lair he took from those he killed.

I wish they hand't put the cough in the CGI show, though. That way Genndywars could still be perfectly canon.

>Lucas had always intended grievous to be a coward
Source?

Though even then, I feel that's a poor decision on his part.

>He has a collection of padawan braids and lightsabers in his lair he took from those he killed.
Do we know if he personally killed those Jedi for those sabers besides that one padawan?

No, in the old canon, she flees the galaxy forever on a medical frigate.

Left or rightt?

Read The Making of Revenge of the Sith. It's all in there.

There is no source. Lucas originally wanted a bad ass Jedi killer, but realized that is basically what Vader would be between ep3 and 4 so he turned Grievous into a puss.

LEFT

Nothing in nucanon (which includes TCW) can compare to SHATTERPOINT, let alone the rest of that amazing stuff.

Nelvaan was good but as a lead-in to Revenge of the sith, I would have preferred to see Obi-Wan and Anakin chase Dooku across the galaxy like in Labyrinth of Evil. There were a lot of great friendship moments between them in that book.

>but realized that is basically what Vader would be between ep3 and 4
The thing is, he actually liked that idea when it was first pitched to him, so it's even more annoying he changed him.

Left, although I like CGI Clone Wars more

Lucas is a weird little man.

Though I'm also mad at Filoni for writing Grievous as so incompetent in TCW.

Genndy wars was based on a rough draft of Labyrinth of Evil, that's why it's vaguely similar, yet different from the book.

you are allowed to like gendy on /swco/ as long as you also like TCW and Rebels, do you really think a general can survive only liking something that came out 12 years ago and shitting on everything else.

I really don't understand how hard it is to write stories where the CIS make incredible wins under Grievous's leadership. TCW never spoke to me, I felt like it was too childish, or too fucking boring.

Rebels fucking sucks though
t. Someone who's seen all 3 seasons

>I really don't understand how hard it is to write stories where the CIS make incredible wins under Grievous's leadership.
Exactly. But it's like he's afraid to write things like that.

this. Lucas went from misguided fool to my least favorite director once i realized this.

Im a Grievous fag but I can also for a fact say that pic related was a cooler fight than Ventress

Did they ever explain why their heads move when ever they talk? Like all the fucking time

It's because it's a show for kids and kids like to laugh at Greivous I guess. I hate that nowadays in order for things to be "for kids" they also have to be childish. Star Wars '77 was for kids and it was still adult enough to gather a fanbase of people over the age of twelve. I feel like Lucas rode that "for kids" line even to the point of putting slapstick and a man burning alive in the same movie.

>I wish they hand't put the cough in the CGI show, though. That way Genndywars could still be perfectly canon.

I also wish they brought back Richard McGonagle as Grievous's voice for the 3d series. I always thought that the reason his voice became deeper and more raspy in RotS was because Mace Windu Force-crushed his internal organs like a Pepsi can in Genndy Wars; in fact, you can even his voice deepening to the RotS one as he coughs while the ship lifts off. Him being voiced by Matt Wood from the start threw my theory out the window.

Kids get bored watching heads being still for too long or some shit

>It's because it's a show for kids and kids like to laugh at Greivous I guess.

Did you even watch the show?

Do you mean just the joust battle?
He fights a platoon and Kenobi during the final moments of the munilist arc

you guys understand that comparing a 2 hour series to a 50 hour series is like comparing apples and oranges right.

you underestimate the power of autistic side

>Did you even watch the show?

I made two points. 1) that TCW is a show for kids, which it is. Kids were the primary demographic when that show was released on CN. 2) That I guess kids like to laugh at Grievous. Which is, you guessed it, a guess.

So please explain how anything I said was wrong.

but the other clone wars was also for kids.

Not to mention 3D clone wars got pretty mature over time

that space Vietnam arc was some shit

You not only said it was for kids, but you claimed it was childish. It's no more of a kids show than the 2003 cartoon was, in fact it is definitely much LESS childish than Genndy's show.

Literally the only difference is CW 2003 is an extremely over the top take on Star Wars (it exagerates the skills of every single character, you're cherry picking by focusing on Grievous alone) and the fact that it is a 100% action focused cartoon, while 2008 TCW has a lot more emphasis on story telling and characterization.

>over time

The first season has on-screen impalement, decapitation and clones suffocating to death after being blown out of an airlock.

I wasn't comparing the series against each other. I was answering a qustion from another user about why I thought Filoni never made an episode where Grievous won a campaign. I answered that it was because it's a children's show and it's hard to write an episode where the bad guys win. What I said had nothing to do with the other show.

>It's because it's a show for kids and kids like to laugh at Greivous I guess.

>I hate that nowadays in order for things to be "for kids" they also have to be childish. Star Wars '77 was for kids and it was still adult enough to gather a fanbase of people over the age of twelve. I feel like Lucas rode that "for kids" line even to the point of putting slapstick and a man burning alive in the same movie.

My first comment was aboput the show. My second was a general comment. This is why you shouldn't try to argue with someone who isn't part of a debate. I was having a discussion. Not everything I wrote was about TCW.

technically every episode is about the bad guys winning

>I answered that it was because it's a children's show and it's hard to write an episode where the bad guys win

Not only there are multiple episodes about the bad guys winning, but there are episodes about Grievous winning. He fucking kills an entire clone squadron and a Jedi Knight and sends Fisto running on the first season. He massacred the fucking Nightsister in a later season.

>My first comment was aboput the show. My second was a general comment.

Oh, yeah, it was just a random comment that in no way related to what you were talking about. Stop backpedalling and grow up.

Well yeah, but you understand what I'm getting at, right?

That you haven't watched the show.

>Oh, yeah, it was just a random comment that in no way related to what you were talking about. Stop backpedalling and grow up.

It was though. I was talking with someone else and you randomly jumped my case. I'm sorry that we have differing opinions, but from what I've seen of TCW and ROTS, Greivous comes off as a sad sack of shit. Once again, don't randomly try to argue with someone based off a long scrawl of text. Sorry I didn't use reddit spacing, but I was just having a polite conversation with another user, not trying to get into a debate with your dumbass.

I have watched the show. An user asked why they don't show Grievous as more of a badass and I gave my reason. If you disagree with my reasoning, fine. Have a good day.

I.e. shit that most pre-schoolers have already seen thanks to popularity of games like CoD or Halo among that age group.

they could have used a couple more seperatist victories, but they mostly broke away from plots about the cis just fighting the republic after season 1

Jesus, stop being so pathetically defensive. You LITERALLY said TCW was too childish and too boring, and that it was apparently afriad of writing episodes where evil prevails, when it is filled to the brim with shit like that. Your only example is them afraid to make Grievous a threat, and he in fact does win in more than one occasion. He's just not the badass workhorse from 2003 CW, but no characte was, since CW 2003 is an exageraton of actual Star Wars.

very angry but mostly right.

I think Grievous looks like a puss in TCW and ROTS. You disagree. Okay. Calm the fuck down.

">this show is childish and the writers didn't have the balls to write mature plots involving the bad guys"
>gets blown the fuck out
>"wow geez I was just sharing my opinion on a single character"

>mfw haven't watched and will never watch TCW

>Ventress is way better
didn't Grievous duel her and sort of win (cause her to flee)?

In TCW, from what I remember, he dueled her, and as soon as he started losing, he told the droids to shoot her.

you're missing out lad