Did Civil War 2 kill his career?

Below are the sales for his current books in August 2017:

>33 Spider-Men II #2 41,765
>70 Defenders #4 31,120
>72 Spider-Man #19 30,387
>80 Invincible Iron Man #10 27,675
>91 Infamous Iron Man #11 24,676
>100 Jessica Jones #11 22,774

Granted, all Marvel sales are down, but that's still really sad for what is supposed to be Marvel's biggest writer. Teen Titans is outselling all but one of Bendis' books and the lone exception has Spider-Man and is a #2 issue. Green Lanterns is kicking his ass.

Are we at last witnessing the end of Bendis?

Other urls found in this thread:

comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-262-why-marvels-lenticular-numbers-dont-add-up-for-my-stores/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Of course not. Bendis is a permanent cow in Marvel's stable of writers.

Low sales are just a stepping-stone between events and tie-ins.

How does he have time for all of that AND looming over the shoulder of writers using his pet characters like Miles.

If we're lucky Marvel will see that Bendis isn't as good as he used to be and quarantine him to just writing comics about characters who have live action adaptations on Netflix.

Because he just wants to write his pet characters till the end of time.
Remember when invincible iron man was supposed to be the new big flagship after secret wars because muh RDJ, he completely belly flopped then.

He is writing six books at once?

He does it by working on autopilot.

That's why most of his books have nothing happening for several issues, why his characters empty conversations, and why his solicits either lie or talk around what happens in the given issue.

Hopefully, after infamous and Spider-Men II end, Marvel will shrink his workload.

I'll give the guy one thing he's a workhorse.

This and pretty much all of his solicits are just untrue, when they say a fight happens in the solicits it's usually one or two issues after that.

Bunn is a workhorse. The plot twists in most of Bendis' books have all been the same this year. End with a cliffhanger, open with the cliffhanger resolved in a dumb way (Defenders has ended with like two or three "character dies" cliffhangers already)

>Are we at last witnessing the end of Bendis?
Dear God, I hope so.

I'm shocked Jessica Jones is selling that high. Defenders is actually good if you can get past the Bendis-speak and the EXTRMELY SLOW build of Luke Cage

The Heroic age killed his career. That was the point his writing style completely changed.

Not really. He doesn't plan very far ahead for his stories. He just makes it up as he goes. Any cliffhangers he writes are made to entice readers.

MIles' entire literary existence is solid proof of this

Nick Spencer will be gone before Bendis

Bendis' stubborn desire to make it into TV/Movies will have him cling like a lamprey onto Marvel for as long as possible

Defenders is still around its first arc.

Most Bendis books are interesting until after that point because he only plots out the initial hook. After the freshness starts to fade, his writing habits appear in full effect.

>Bendis isn't as good as he used to be
Don't be silly. He was never good. And don't spout memes at me about his Daredevil run either. That's shit too.

you just wait till he starts doing crossovers between them again boyo

Ultimate Spider-man was good

I hope it is the end of him.

No normies and Marvel zombies caught on to what that Bendis haters been saying. People caught on and are starting to go no I am good to Bendis's books.

Ultimate Spider-Man was him aping older stores while putting in just enough to call them his own.

Whenever he tried to do his own stuff in the story, it either sucked or never got resolved.

Even before CW2 his books didn't sell well. They tried to use him to make Iron Man popular among readers and it failed. His GotG failed too.

If he was ever truly that A-list guy who sells based on name alone it was like a decade ago or longer.

Defenders is still getting overshipped. Brian Hibbs, the guy who writes detailed columns about the LCS business, accidentally leaked that a few weeks ago when he wrote up a big "why I'm skipping lenticular covers" post. He posted his store order charts, and both Cable and Defenders had an * next to them.
If it's like what they did with GotG, then the drop might be massive.

comicsbeat.com/tilting-at-windmills-262-why-marvels-lenticular-numbers-dont-add-up-for-my-stores/

He will write "Punisher: Las Punishment" and we all know, how bad his Punisher is. It is not even bad like "It is bad, because Bendis writes it", no, it is bad lik "I do not like Bendis, but his Punisher is the fucking worst", or "I like Bendis, but his Punisher sucks"

Just fuck my shit up.

I hope so. Over a decade ago, he was one of my favorite writers. Recently, he's become complacent and takes his readership for granted. The favoritism the he receives doesn't help either.

>Dan Slott is currently Marvel's top selling writer.
One of may reasons he will NEVER leave Spider-Man.

>Did Civil War 2 kill his career?

That's hard to say. I'd say the problems started earlier.

>33 Spider-Men II #2 41,765

Well the previous series was like this:

06/12 Spider-Men #1 of 5 - 94,548
06/12 Spider-Men #2 of 5 - 68,283 (-27.8%)
07/12 Spider-Men #3 of 5 - 57,739 (-15.4%)
08/12 Spider-Men #4 of 5 - 54,215 ( -6.1%)
09/12 Spider-Men #5 of 5 - 52,525 ( -3.1%)

If it stays at 40,000 to lower 30,000's then it's a slight decline from the first series but if it goes like 30,000 or below then there's a problem. This would've been better had they placed it right after Secret Wars to explain Miles' situation to keep the momentum going.

>72 Spider-Man #19 30,387

Miles' comic was already doing those numbers by the ninth issue of the previous series. Then again that may be because people were also losing interest in the Ultimate universe at an accelerated rate (and at the same time, Bendis' Spider-Man was the highest selling of the Ultimate titles at that point)

>70 Defenders #4 31,120
>100 Jessica Jones #11 22,774

This is not that far off from his Spider-Woman sales from seven years ago. But then again Spider-Woman didn't have a Netflix show back then either. And Spider-Woman's cover price was lower, so I guess Jessica Jones doing these numbers is okay-ish? I forgot what sales on Alias and The Pulse were.

Defenders I'm not sure how to judge because it's usually a lower selling book but at the same time it's got a Netflix show.

>80 Invincible Iron Man #10 27,675
>91 Infamous Iron Man #11 24,676

These are really bad especially when you remember they were pushing Bendis' Iron Man to be the flagship of ANAD like said. Infamous is basically back to being around the sales level of International Iron Man and Invincible is around the sales level of International, which is a really bad thing considering the book was in the 40,000's before.

>Recently, he's become complacent and takes his readership for granted.

I think that's more of a Marvel problem and not just a Bendis problem.

And with teh other hand he is furiously masturbating to the idea of his teenager daughter, truly a man of renaissance