Venom #154 storytime

Venom #154 storytime

It feels nice to finally get an actual good issue of Venom

Other urls found in this thread:

www24.zippyshare.com/v/wJHaDNZV/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>A dream come true
My one con of the whole issue. It's all up from here.

DON'T MOCK THE SHOCKER

I guess the artist is continuing with Shocker's Superior Foes look, even though he used to have brown hair.

Real grinchy smile there Venom.

>Symbiote trying to cock block Eddie

It seems he's sticking with the original canon here, and I like it. It first learned real feelings from Spider-Man

that smug Eddie face though.

bump if you're reading

There's something terrifying with a symbiote browsing google or watching TV.

I'll never get over how dumb Lee's hair looks

C'mon Eddie, the symbiote just wants to watch some cartoons

That middle panel could be cropped to make it look like a symbiote shitposting online. Someone photoshop in Sup Forums or something

And here we come to my personal favorite page of the issue. Flash gets himself the only double page spread of the issue.

And hey! More interaction with the priest!

I really like Eddie's getting his own supporting cast.

It's pretty neat to see the symbiote taking after Eddie's religious side.

>too much TV sparks a marvel event

The end

> trained another symbiote. got to teach.

It was nice knowing you Mania.

>several of his greatest foes
>Miles is the one they show getting interviewed

also, there's a ghetto preview up for the next issue, so I'll post it too

>trusted
Doesn't it mean raped?
and man he has a weird baby face the anime feelers ain't doing him any favor either

Hope you like some Bagley artwork. He still draws great symbiotes

He even looks a little Asian here.

I really don't think she's gonna die. I don't think Cullen Bunn is gonna let it happen when he's constantly trying to shill her at the marvel office.

I'm betting she gets her symbiote back by the end of the crossover.

Thanks, OP.

could you teach the symbiote to love?

So hopeful user. I remember when I used to be hopeful over a new Marvel character. Then the dark times. Bendis then Hopeless shattered that innocence.

I thought the symbiote didn't remember its time with spider-man anymore. When did that change?

Costa just ignored the symbiote not remembering being bonded to other hosts, and I'm honestly glad he did. I liked spaceknight, but I want Venom to remember its hosts.

Personally I hope she or the symbiote ends up killing Lee. Like he gets it in some way she doesn't suspect and while the whole domination schtick he did with Venom works for all of two issues and the demon ends up eating him and going back to the true host.

Thanks for clarifying. If you don't mind another question, was it ever explained what happened to the symbiote during its time with the edgy guy that made it less pacifistic and more retarded and undid all its development? I've been trying to keep up with this book, but it's so rough to read sometimes.

needs to comb his hair over his eye to become the sasuke expy we know him to be

I really liked this issue, seeing shit from the symbiotes point of view is always neat

Remember, symbiosis is a two way street, and the symbiote being subjected to Lee did it no favors. It just regressed into a more primal state when it gave into its anger.

And Lee even asked it why it sounded dumber.

And as you can see in this comic, not all the development is gone, and it already talked with Eddie about how the plan to capture it was Eddie's plan, not Spider-Man's.

Good point. This issue even said it was easier to kill while it was with Gargan. Guess Lee really did rape its mind.

Also explains why Venom was so compliant with Flash, Flash's personal weaknesses made the thing co-dependent.

M-Muh fetish!

I-Is the symbiote a christian now?

Anyone one have this weeks Venomverse as a followup?

And the fact that it was drugged up and neutered literally the whole time with Flash.

And we are back. No if only he can be blue again.

Done

I hope the symbiote watching the old Aliens and not the newer ones.

Has this ever been done? An alien creature converted to an Earth religion? Sounds like a hell of a story.

>flash is gone
Great, all the answers i need for why they gave up all that characterizatiin

there was a lot of good reaction pics this issue

Did nobody storytime this week's America?

There's a ton of things that haven't been storytimed yet.

>It feels nice to finally get an actual good issue of Venom

This book gets too much of a bad rap for the Lee shit I think, I hated it as well but now we know Lee was just a plot device to bring back Eddie, now that Eddie's back what's the problem?

I enjoyed the Land before Crime arc, as well, but the entire situation just rubs me the wrong way.

Flash gets shafted and loses the symbiote for no reasons other than plot, and Eddie suddenly loves the symbiote again out of nowhere.

I could see Eddie liking the symbiote again, but they need to show that. Not too long ago he wanted Venom dead, but suddenly he's been "dreaming about reuniting for years".
That's bullshit.

I agree it's bullshit, but so was the story of him hating it and selling it, that came out of nowhere . While some of the reasonings behind this new series are quite bullshit, you need a starting point, in the case of Venom in order to go back to how things were before a ridiculous bullshit plot is to create another one

On a meta level, none of it matters, it's just so we have the "Lethal Protector" back

Reminds me of Venom from the the Ultimate Game

See, the problem with that was that I liked the direction those stories went in. And just because it was bullshit before doesn't mean you have to do that same bullshit again.
Eddie had character progression and stopped blaming others for his own actions.

and like I said, I *could* accept Eddie wanting the symbiote again, but I just want them to actually show that. Give me a flashback of Eddie between the end of Carnage and the beginning of this series. Show me that his time with Toxin and his view of Agent Venom helped change his mind. It's too drastic of a change to just leave off panel.

>Give me a flashback of Eddie between the end of Carnage and the beginning of this series. Show me that his time with Toxin and his view of Agent Venom helped change his mind. It's too drastic of a change to just leave off panel.

Yeah that would be nice, but that's pretty much his entire role in that comic, he was constantly bitching and moaning about wanting to set Toxin free, in that story it was quite evident he felt the need to be with a symbiote even if it wasn't fully fleshed out

Thank you OP

>Eddie sleeps...
>with his eyes open

Never trust anyone, not even yoursymbiote

>Mocking the Shocker
>Having that shitty Spider-Man knockoff mock the Shocker

I'm seeing red.

All it needed was Jesus in its life.

Checkmate atheists.

I'd have trouble trusting a secondhand black goo monster from space in the first place.

...Marvel did a good book that actually played to the strengths and weaknesses of a character that isn't somebody's NEW pet character?

This only makes me sadder that Eddie and the symbiote are stuck together again instead of having both Agent Venom and Anti-Venom back

Perhaps even... to feel? Wish I could find that reaction image from when the symbiote saves Peter before appearing to die with that line.

No joke, I would watch that show.

>An alien creature converted to an Earth religion
Beta Ray Bill or Thor Girl are the closest I can think of.

>Angelo skipped and forgotten
good

Holy shit, this was actually good.

Is Costa learning?

>while eddie is asleep Venom shitposts on the internet

Please yes I want some anti-venom back just a little.

It must run in the family.

This fucking sequence needs to be framed and put on display. Every other Marvel writer and editor should have to stare at it in the elevator or something.

I hope you never lose that spark of optimism, user

I won't. Just for you user

Why cant Venom just split off again so Flash can get the main venom and Eddie gets his own new venom like Mania did?

I miss Flash venom.

>I miss Flash venom.
Me too user, me too.

eddie should just get anti-venom back but this time it has a personality like a real symbiote
flash should get og venom back
andi should keep the clone and stay mania

>why can't the original Venom be sacrificed for the nu version

You make me sick.

>hey you hot muscle bound blonde guy
>put a shirt on

Says no straight girl ever.

I think having them both be Venom would be the best idea

>MUH NOSTALGIA

You are sick

>SO I MUST CRUSH BAD GUYS
>no no you must be a good person
>GOOD PEOPLE CRUSH BAD GUYS
>well yes but that shouldn't be--
>CRUSH BAD GUYS
>THANK YOU GOODBYE
>oh dear...

saved

She prefers goblins to spiders.

Do you not?

I gotta say, I really like the original style grin they're giving Venom here. It gives a much more sinister vibe than the usual wild fangs and tongue.

>venomposting.jpg

>being a newfag

Yeah, go read your Ultimate books kiddo, though Ultimate is probably too old for your age range too

Venom 154 (2017) (digital) (Oroboros-DCP)
www24.zippyshare.com/v/wJHaDNZV/file.html

WHERE'S VENOMVERSE
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Somebody needs to shop this with Venom shitposting on Sup Forums.

Just report him, man.
Really, why is it so hard for everyone to do?
This guy is a giant cancerous lump on this board in general and symbiote threads in particular.