Kung Fu Panda thread

What was his plan for the rematch with Oogway anyway? He didn't know Oogway was dead, shouldn't that alone have kept him away from returning to the temple?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dH5hBXF6-oE
youtube.com/watch?v=A89raehoAJc
youtube.com/watch?v=RqjIkkwMlnw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

the only real plans he had were his prison breakout (which was itself improvised) and get the dragon warrior scroll, so he was kinda just winging it.
What's scary is that it almost worked.

>this fucker knowingly allowed mass destruction to fall upon countless innocents for the sake of literally nothing

Destiny means "just do whatever, it happens the way it wants to happen".

To be fair, Tai Lung probably still thought it was a trick.
His real flaw is he's a shitty teacher who prefers the "you must realize the lesson" method, and took on a student/students whom don't respond to that at all.

To be fair, Shifu adopted Tai Lung and taught him

youtube.com/watch?v=dH5hBXF6-oE
>Best track wasn't included on the OST
>AGAIN
God fucking damn it Hans you keep doing this. And since there's no "for your consideration" soundtrack disc rip out there, there'll never be a clean version. Guess we got lucky with the first two movies.

Did Tai Lung even kill anybody? He leaves the 5 alive when he could have just killed them. I'm pretty sure Rhino warden shows up in the TV show. Did Po just straight up murder someone just for trying to look at a scroll when he could have just given him the fucking scroll?

Shen was a better villain

Tai Lung thought he was the hottest shit in the world. It's his fatal flaw.

He did look at the scroll.

And Shifu well into his old age couldn't grasp the focal point of his teachings until it was spelled out to him.

He really wasn't much of the thinking type.
He kinda just went along with it.

Po didn't murder him, he just sent his soul to the shadow realm.

Childhood is thinking that Tai Lung did literally nothing wrong.

Adulthood is realizing that Tai Lung still did literally nothing wrong.

Shen > Rest

>le Tai Lung / Shen did nothng wrong!!

Oh great. All we need is that one autist who always brings up that hentai comic and it's your average KFP thread again.

what? i will require to know where i can find this comic for ''research purposes"

sauce?

Yeah, but then Kai killed him.

>All we need is that one autist who always brings up that hentai comic

Turns out you were the autist all along

That's death or a fate very close if he had no means of returning. And it's eternal

Man I love this theme, is there a way to get the one without those sounds?

This.

Lord Shen was fucking great.

Pandas deserve to go extinct so he didn't even do anything wrong.

>not the shen cloaca doujin

The one with Boss Wolf and the amazing full color art?

Wait there's another one
I was thinking about the greyscale one

The color one is better.

Don't know what any of those words means but I thought he was talking about the really edgy one that took forever to finish.

there seems to be more shen fucking than i expected

He's a very pretty birdy.

The way they animated him was amazing, and having him use the fan dance style of kung fu with his train was smart as fuck
Plus all the color coding in his scenes, god damn

Gary Oldman's voice work just adds to his appeal.

Never foregtti they spent all that time in dumbass pandaland instead of cool fights with the other kung-fu masters.

Anyone else think the prophecy of Lord Shen's inevitable fall was talking about him and not Po? The description does fit him enough with the colour, him being a capable fighter and warmonger, his cannon falling on him and to another extent his constant yearning for conquest that led him to that event. That's one of the big reasons of what I really love about Kung Fu Panda 2 is that upon recalling past events or rewatching it, certain things change meaning.

Is Kung Fu Panda 2 worth watching?

It's better than the first one.

>abloobloo muh parents

KFP villains are fucking manchildren.

Yes, that was literally the twist.

The warrior in black and white that spelled Shen's downfall was Shen/

Yes. It's very good. Not ashamed to say I cried.

he whines about it once the whole movie though? And specifically only to the oerson who's bringing them up and knew them as well. Hell he even trolls Po over his parents so he's fully aware how pathetic "muh parents" is.

looking back to it it's far from perfect, but this faggot carries it
KFP3 should have been about regrouping and stopping him after he wins in 2

An episode of the television series mentioned Tigress had a crush on Shifu when she was younger. Has that been hinted at anywhere else in the franchise?

Good afternoon gentlemen! Now that we got the plesantaries out the way, please leave my thread.

well she was jealous of his feelings for Tai Lung as hs fav pupil but didn't seem like it was a crush sort of deal.

you think he painted the little eyes on his feathers?

don't peacocks have stuff like that naturally? I mean Shen's fictionally albino, which peacocks can't be, so he's allowed leeway.

If peacocks can't be albino then what the fuck is this?

This thread is under the stewardship of the faggot's council and we will protect it.

Even from you.

youtube.com/watch?v=A89raehoAJc
I just wanted to see more of his moves. He chickened out too easily for how good he was, fucker should have taken on one of the 5

I'm so glad you feel that way! Otherwise I've posted THIS here for nothing.

It's a shame the smash clone isn't that great.

Well his fighting style is all about aversion, and he agrees he isn't the most powerful fighter. that's why he turns to advanced weaponry instead.

WHAT'S IN THE SPOILER, SHEN?!

It's leucistic

I did not know that. Thanks.

He didn't care. His thing was just destroying as much as he could when he got there.

was shen autistic?

Everyone is autistic, some are just autistic than others.

but how high does he rank?

Something about prophecies in KFP is that they aren't written in stone. It's basically based on inevitability due to the people involved.

When was a power hungry psychopath. It didn't matter how he died, but the certainty was that his own short sightedness would kill him.

The one with the auto-erotic asphyxiation?

i will never understand this shitty meme opinion
shen was good but nothing special

tai lung was legit intimidating and the performance was waaay more complex

Glad someone said it.

Shen attempted/almost succeeded in committing genocide and ordered for baby Po to be killed. That is sort of out there for your average animated CGI kids movie.

Facts of the plot are easy to scribble down. Creating an engaging character is not. If you just like Shen because of his powerlevel, you're a faggot.

Are you implying Shen wasn't engaging?

Stop. Being. Gay.

They want to fug the bird.

Seriously, Tai Lung was a whiny "I HATE YOU DAD!" faggot like Shen, but at least he wasn't ripping it off from a previous villain.

Big whoop, Kai killed every single Kung-fu master in China and made them into his Jade-minions. You don't see anyone nominating him for villain of the year.

Besides, Tai Lung burned down a village without a wolf army.

Considering I don't remember anything about the second movie despite having seen it twice, I'm gonna say yeah. Shen was lame as fuck.

Shen's parental issues aren't a main focus of his character, it's him being a pragmatic megalomaniac that really sells him.

Nah I liked Shen because of the great animation and design of the character, coupled with Oldman playing a slightly manic, war-mongering man.child.

>Kai
No one cares because third movie wasn't very good apart from its visuals and soundtrack.

Shen stopped before he began losing. He came off as impressive, but it was obvious from his heavy breathing that he wasn't going to last long. He quit before he showed weakness. Shen is all about theatrics.

How can you forget the best scene of the franchise?

youtube.com/watch?v=RqjIkkwMlnw

They're the WHOLE POINT of his character. He is specifically supposed to be unable to find inner peace thanks to his "painful past", so as to parallel Po's journey to overcome his pain and find inner peace. Except it falls flat on its face because Shen's "painful past" is just him getting a slap on the wrist for mass-murder. Po would've been a better person than Shen even if he'd gotten pissed and killed Shen in cold blood.

Kai reminds me of Kratos with his chain blades

>there are people who unironically liked the second movie

jesus christ Sup Forums
i mean i don't know what i expected but jesus christ

That's the point. Nobody cares about a character's power-level or level of success if the character sucks. I could easily write a fanfic tomorrow about "Lord Poo-Poo Platter, who kicked Po's ass and killed everyone in the world with a flick of his finger," and that wouldn't make Lord Poo-Poo Platter a great character.

Sup Forums has unbelievably shit taste.

I remember reading the backstory for Shen in an earlier draft would have been something about him being sickly as a child (fits with the albino look they went for) - so he was shunned by his parents and detested kung-fu because it was something he couldn't partake in. But the writers thought he worked better as just being a massive dick. Which I kind of liked.

>Thought Kung Fu panda would be bad
>Legitimately one of my favorite kung fu movies
So did Po kill the main villain in the first movie?

Sent to the spirit realm. So, yeah, pretty much.

>There are people who don't recognize the second movie as either equal to the first, or a straight upgrade
Is this bizarro land?

>Succeeded
He missed like 100 pandas, if not more

If the writers wanted the character to have some inner pain for him to overcome, they should've left that in. As it is, Shen's just angry that he had to live in an ice palace--with wolf servants to cater to his every whim--rather than in his parents' palace.

Shen clearly had some sort of mental problem.

>Almost

The 3rd movie was shit so it never happened, thus de-legitimizing the stinger in 2.

>Enough to start a reasonably stable breeding population
>Almost

His parents disserviced him. He was angry because he was denied his father's throne over killing a bunch of pandas. Still petty.

Damn that got a tear out of me. Why are we sentimental faggots Sup Forums

What was wrong with it?

If there's less than 200-300 individuals left of a species we call them near extinct.