Use story set in the past to blame readers for current sales problems, in self-congratulatory way

>use story set in the past to blame readers for current sales problems, in self-congratulatory way
The absolute state of Marlel

Other urls found in this thread:

userscloud.com/8au0ivv1d4ho
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Literally what book is this?

Could you at least muster up enough energy to provide context for your shitpost threads?

Meh, Marvel is dead. Bury it in your mind. There is nothing of value there anymore.

Punisher Platoon is coming out soon though.

Generations - Captain Marvel & Ms. Marvel
userscloud.com/8au0ivv1d4ho
Fresh stuff

>come to DC ex marvel fan (~ ̄3 ̄)~

Kek

>the problem is that people don't think women have the "right" to write for comics
>not that these women couldn't write an entertaining comic to save their life
>not that these women only ever use comics as a soap box for their provably false ideas instead of telling interesting stories
>not that these women write these characters in a way that is in no way believable.
Fuck Marvel, I hope they burn, figuratively and literally, to the ground.

Only announced Marvel release in next few months that I'm actually pumped about. Wtf happened.

Well I must say, you do make a persuasive argument, DC-fag.

Bring the best girl back to the mainstream universe and then we talk.

Speaking of which, is DC more lenient with their female characters being more sexy than Marvel?

geek women do like the sexy DC bombshells AND the more dressed and intellectual women like Lois or Barbara. Variety is awesome

Yeah, just look at how fuckin hot Artemis and Zatanna are being drawn rn

Marvel sees sexy women as grossly oversexualizations and objectification of real life women, not to mention as unreachable body standards that the female readers could never hope to obtain, thus diminishing their self esteem.

DC, on the other hand, has a brain.

this was really what Carol's early ms marvel days were like. but with more bipolar kree hatred.

>blaming people not liking women for your books failing and not because they star characters nobody cares about written by people nobody cares about

The fall of Marvel has left this board a shadow of the shadow of its former self. Why would anyone pay to get shamed?
There's nothing even anything to fight over anymore.

Nobody used "brand" that way in the 70's.

you guys are missing the point marvel always had: they give you this speech while they KNOW you'll dream about these two fucking

>Why would anyone pay to get shamed?
There's even fetish for that. It's called findom.

>entertainment medium
>political medium
>entertainment puts politics first
>politics put entertainment first
>forever, in circles
like pottery

>or for a woman to keep working while she's-you know- in the family way?
what did she mean by this? pregnant?
"pregnant in the family way"?

The Ms. Marvel Generations.

I liked it! He art was a great fit for the story, and the writer seemed to work through her frustrations in a meaningful way.

My criticism would be Kamala with the idea that young women love protesting. I don't think it has the popular support they believe.

This is an egregious abuse of the sliding time scale

It's a euphemism for pregnant, yes

>I don't think it has the popular support they believe.

It's Marvel we're talking about, remember? They'll believe whatever the SJWs tell them.

I found it kind of fascinating how different Carol's portrayed here in comparison to her Generations one-shot with Mar-Vell

Yes, there's the whole passage of time and whatnot but Civil War II and Secret Empire did quite the number on her

Storytime when?

>My criticism would be Kamala with the idea that young women love protesting. I don't think it has the popular support they believe.

I found it made sense for her character given the last couple of arcs

Why do Americans hate meaningful communication and nuance? Why do they go out of their way to antagonize everyone and make everything unfun?

>findom

This, there are good female writers but none of them are in Marvel.

This is just embarrassing.

Does Marjorie Liu do anything for them still? I used to think she was trash but then I read Monstress.

So is this Nightscream a new character? She's real cute in her human guise.

>Congress passed a law in 1974 requiring banks to issue credit cards without a husbands permission
When the fuck is this comic set?
Is Carol 60?

Probably alternate future.

Silver age or bronze age of comics.

Fucking OP, You are using your political shit! I hope you go straight to hell for that shit!

STRAIGHT. TO. HELL.

Oh fuck off Marvel.

You're writing shitty books, so you're getting shitty sales. In a medium where you can make anything happen, why the fuck do we stick with bland looking people talking to each other?

Carol's first series was 1977.

Now that's what I call editorial control.

Op didn't write the shitty book. Marvel did.

They are the ones who constantly write poor political shit. If you don't want to hear people discuss it, blame Marvel for publishing it.

>Op didn't write the shitty book. Marvel did.

Shitty! SHITTY! I going to write a angry letter for your poor judgement and make you feel sad about it.

What's wrong with you?

I took a break from Sup Forums for a while and when I came back all the marvel defenders were gone.

Because Marvel buckled down hard on all the shit they were doing and kept around none of the good.

He's Alonso.

He's upset that anons are insulting his books.

I sick of your crap and your bait threads. OP. Go to hell.

Learn English syntax, cretin. Also

That is just terrible. Just terrible.

Why are they blaming their declining fanbase for not buying sermons disguised as superhero comics, rather than blaming progressives for not buying their sermons?

I am sorry, I was little angry about you.

Everything Americans do always has to be made as controversial or politicized by some know-nothing agenda-pusher so that corporate fat cats can rake in all the clickbait revenue from their unwitting "activists", and if they don't they'll blame it on their favorite scapegoat. Everything wrong with America can be traced back to some dickbag from Vice, Salon, or Breibart trying to stir up shit in order to inflate their brand of political bullshit.

Subtle

Post the Ghost Girl edit

The whole point of the comic was that marvel needs to stop shoving out "diversity for the sake of diversity" books and focus on telling good stories instead of just virtue signalling.

Ms. Marvel is insufferable when written by Waid and others, but Wilson has always been someone who put quality first.

If you're referring to the Randy Stair one I don't have it on me unfortunately.

The only thing I care about a comic book creator is that they can produce good content.

I don't care about the color of their skin, their genitals, their mental illnesses, any of it. Just the content. If any of these things infect their content, it suffers.

There have been good creators of many races and sexes. Just hire good creators.

Don't hire a writer only because they are a lesbian or trans or gay or black.

Don't forget to vote, Sup Forums!

>The whole point of the comic was that marvel needs to stop shoving out "diversity for the sake of diversity" books and focus on telling good stories instead of just virtue signalling.
Sounds like you're reading a moral that just isn't there. I read the issue too, and if the page you posted just now is supposed to help support your argument, it doesn't. Kamala is simply saying "Why so srs? Sometimes fluff is fine too!" And fluff is exactly what Marvel publishes when they aren't soapboxing.

Yeah, what's the other people are saying, when doe sthis comic take place? How old is Carol supposed to be?

Dang it...