White Loaves Matter

Kelly does it again!

People who legit think Wholemeal or Grain bread is tangibility more healthy for you than white bread are retarded.

The health benefit is so minuscule as to be non-existent, for it to matter you'd have to be eating so much bread that you'd have other major health problems.

t.kelly

You are a fucking idiot, enriched flour has a very high glycemic index which means your body breaks it down into pure sugars which ends up as fat.

Not to mention whole wheat has potassium, vitamin a, and vitamin b and white bread doesn't have any at all.

The only times I bother with anything but white bread are when there's a sale or shortage, or honey wheat, that's good shit.

>Eating bread

enjoy you DIABEETUS

You just want all the whole grain to yourself

i cant eat the fancy bakery bread because its too hard and i dont have enough teeth

>eating bread

Actually, moron, the GI rating of the average loaf of white bread is 76, that makes it HI GI. Do you know what the average GI of a wholemeal or grain bread with unrefined flower?

75. Which conveniently is the cutoff limit for defining Low and HI GI.

Also if you aren't diabetic you shouldn't give a shit about GI, you clearly have no clue what GI is about since you think it's about fat and not maintaining blood sugar levels.

>Not to mention whole wheat has potassium, vitamin a, and vitamin b and white bread doesn't have any at all.
At either levels that tangibly don't matter, or actually do come in most any white bread. As almost any white bread you see on shelves is enriched.

what if i'm a minor masochist that enjoys the pin pricks?

White bread is completely unsatisfying to me. I'll eat a good loaf of italian bread from that old guinea bakery over standard white bread anytime.

literally white bread tastes fucking awful. Everyone is literally insane besides me.

What goes on in the mind of an angry old White man

>American """bread"""

>not eating corn tortillas

>Not eating raw wheat you and your family harvested yourself

>not lurking in the wheatfields and eating fat, corn-fed farming humans you capture as they harvest their own wheat

>not eating the wheat straight from the stock
fucking amerifats

>implying the pricks hurt
lmao what a babby I've been doing it 3+ times a day since I was 11
t. type 1
No seriously, if you do it more than once a week and know where to do it, it doesn't hurt.

Wheat bread tastes better than white bread though, that's for sure.

You're on the right track. It's more like there IS bread that is better for you, but usually even whole grain is filled to the brim with sugar. My diabetic brother has to check the tocs when buying bread in order to not raise his blood sugar thru the roof

>bread
>not being keto master race

Only in burgerland

bread should only be bread flour, water, salt, yeast, and fermentation time.

Hey does anyone have that Kelly strip a drawfag did?

This goy doesn't even eat bagles

But bloodsugar levels are about fat because insulin production and fat production are directly related. Agreed that people who think there's much a difference are retarded though

half-baked bread? Who the fuck buys this?

I'm sick of people avoiding gluten because they think it's bad for them. Gluten isn't bad at all unless you have Celiac Disease, but I've seen people tell me they are sensitive to gluten and can't eat it blah blah.

half my family is celiac so this gluten meme has been pretty nice for us. It's nice be able to eat out at most restaurants again

what do you eat then, dicks? is it dicks? because you sound like you love eating dicks.

Yeah, that is one positive of it, that you have many gluten free options now.

My mom thinks gluten is bad, so she gets gluten free whatever. We were out at dinner and she got gluten free pasta with Bolognese sauce, it cost over $15 and was literally dried pasta you'd buy at the store with some red sauce with a little meat like you'd get out of a jar of Ragu. And she complained about the pasta.

My favorite bread is honey wheat bread. I can never eat white bread because it tastes like garbage, but whole wheat bread tastes like garbage, too.

>Bread

My mom scant handle gultin ether. No problem for me sucks for her.

white bread leads to constipation. whole/grain bread doesn't. eat your fibers, kid

Not to be one of those guys but you don't need to explain the joke. LESS WORDS.

My grandmother has bought frozen half-baked bread dough for years. It's great if you're having a big dinner, you have perfectly hot fresh bread right when you eat. Don't know about any celiac benefits though.

Nigga I eat white bread every day and have never had constipation. The only time I do is when I drink too much milk.

Good ole british cuisine

It was an unrelated rant that only shared bread as the common basis.

I finally genuinely agree with a Kelly comic

>shitty pre-packaged white bread laced with HFCS is considered "traditional"
>actual traditional, healthy and tasty whole grain is considered hipster shit
the US truly is a strange place

>Wholemeal

Fuck off back to your toast sandwich britcuck.

It's whole grain.

Niggers can't into nixtamalization
Aslo
>Bimbo

This is the most popular bread in America. It's been that way since the 50's? at least.

>paying the Kosher tax on anything
the actual state of americücks

it's "stalk"

someone post the /fit/ bread comic

I eat potato bread desu

I had wonderbread once, that shit's damn near cake.

I eat white bread from a small bakery in my town, shit's delicious and cheap as fuck. Brand-name bread is meh in comparison.

All of that pre-packaged sliced shit is practically cake. No clue how Americans can stand it tbqhwyf.

Why does /fit/ always say LONDON

American bread is pretty much just sliced cake.

long, long ago, a girl posted on /fit/
a reasonably well-known tripfag responded "please be in london"
the rest in meme history

Seriously, fell apart in my hands. how did that catch on?

Easier to mass produce? No clue. It's like stale sponge cake and the crust has this weird skin-like texture.

I started buying wheat bread because it has a longer shelf life as far as I've found, and eventually started getting whole grain bread because when I freeze half a loaf (I don't eat a whole loaf fast enough and live alone) it doesn't get faster or anything and lasts longer overall. Before I know it I'm buying $5 whole grain bread with weird hipster sounding names.

I realized I liked raspberry jelly more than grape or strawberry but my grandma gave me some raspberry preserves.

I realized I liked the homemade peanut butter more too because even though you have to stir it before using it, it tastes so much better.

So recently I made a PBJ With expensive fresh baked whole grain bread, farm grown and made raspberry jam, and homemade peanut butter with no added ingredients, sugars, or anything.

It was pretty good.

Then you got shitty bread.
And I mean shitty even for White Bread.
I've never had it fall apart.

potato bread is the master race

nah he's right. American bread is too sweet. It's worth it to buy anything that doesn't have high fructose corn syrup in it. It tastes better. Everything tastes better without that shit.

This isn't a "lol america" thing, it's a bad fad people are tired of with name brand american sliced bread.

That was one of my favorite threads.

Irish detected.

>potatoes
>Irish
Pick one and only one

>being diabetic
>eating bread
Y'know it's not just sugar that hurts diabetics, it's simple carbohydrates in many different forms too.

Ancient people didn't have high rates of diabetes?

You and your dubs aren't fooling anyone, Paddy.

this right here.

I usually buy whole grain bread with a bit of potato flour mixed in
makes it keep fresh for longer

good ol' /cock/. I missed you.

Work out MF!

>mfw Museli Master Race

I don't quite understand what you mean

American food manufacturers put high fructose corn syrup in EVERYTHING and Americans are getting tired of it

agreed
white bread is the celery of bread

>angry British bloke
Gets me everytime

King of England detected.

I don't have a clue about the health, only the taste.

Bread is one of the easiest things to make.
There are even machines that do all the work if you're under time constraints.
Buying bread is just laziness.

America dindu nuffin.

the girl was a trap

Brown bread in stores isn't even completely whole grain. Black bread is where it's at.

Corn syrup everywhere is just a small part of what makes American food so disgusting to so many outsiders. American cheese is probably the best/worst example of what food can devolve into when interpreted by Americans.

the worst is Cheese Whiz

the best is California Burritos

I've read comments from people overseas about how American cheese "looks so good" in the photographs. I suppose ignorance is bliss in this case.

I do appreciate how American cheese isn't allowed to be labeled as "cheese". If you read the labels they always say "pasteurized process cheese food".

>Not to mention whole wheat has potassium, vitamin a, and vitamin b and white bread doesn't have any at all
True.

HOWEVER, phytates basically nullify this. The "bonus" nutrients you get from whole wheat are essentially stripped away by the anti-nutrients contained in the wheat, and any subsequent mixed grains used in the mix. You're basically back to square one as far as that's concerned with no net results. The true benefit of non-white bread is the fiber content, and basically nothing else. And in that sense, you'd get a better fiber-rich diet just eating greens, fruits, and nuts instead of grain.

the repetition emphasizes the obsession, illiterate

that Jesus pop-out quote legitimately made me laugh. 10/10, Kelly does it again.

This is so goddamned fucking twisted it should be some tier 1 super-villain's signature favourite breakfast.

Ancient people died at the ripe age of 30

We should all be so lucky.

Methuselah lived to be like 600 years old, bro.

Ancient, non-fictional people.

Real people didn't exist until 1853

>your mind and body starts degrade as you get older than 30
>not wanting to die at the peak of your physical existence