Lets talk about this trilogy of films...

Lets talk about this trilogy of films, it has become something of a meme that the first two are the best comic book movies of all time, though I beg to differ, to me they are trite maudlin shitola that encompasses a general feeling of "camp" that people associate with comic books, while not actually reflecting the comic books they are based on in any way shape or form

What do you think?

>it has become something of a meme that the first two are the best comic book movies of all time

The truth is not a meme.

I don't feel like the second movie has any camp. It's stylized, yes, but it's earnest about it, which is what "comic book crazy" should be, IMO. I don't get that "lol woah aren't comics totally weird dude" wink wink nudge nudge shit I get from many other comic movies.

this

Go home Marc.

Was that the movie with the "walking in the rain" or whatever that dogshit song sequence is?

Because that was awful

The movies are comic book movies, but they're also Raimi movies, which means there'll be camp in them. I don't love it, to be honest, but it was amazing watching the first two movies in the big screen. As Spiderman movies, they aren't perfect, but they're the best we've got so far.

You are awful

Why is camp a bad thing? I see people use it as a derogatory term like that's a bad thing for any piece of work to aspire to. I see people give the Raimi movies shit for being camp but I have yet to see anyone go into detail why the campier elements make it bad.

It's hard to get a good definition of what camp is, anyway. Even wikipedia is all over the place when it comes to defining it.

First film is still one of my personal favorite movies, and the reason I got into comics.
Second film is on the same level as the first.
Third film has a lot of flaws, but it is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be. It is a poster child for executive meddling.

The first one is actually really interesting with how it all comes together from every angle, except for that one bridge scene, but the 2nd I'll agree has definitely been exaggerated into significance due to select scenes and selective amnesia over the rest of the movie.

The third is really bad, but for some reason I can't bring myself to say anything strongly about it. Not because I like it, I don't, it's more just sort of there and dumb. End of story.

"CAMP" in itself is not a bad thing, generic camp for the sake of campiness is

These movies were campy but not in a good way, in a very generic way that just doesn't hold up and really never made sense

What the fuck is a "trite maudlin shitola"?

Fuck off and die.
My God, you're so fucking annoying.

Raimi trilogy

>people actually respond to this moron seriously instead of telling him to fuck off.
This board is cancer.
>I-IT'S BAD CUZ I SAID SO
As expected from a retard Brockfag.
Shitty meaningless buzzwords made up by an annoying autist who I hope gets hit by a truck someday soon because this retard has been plaguing the board for fucking years..

I think you're full of shit and think too highly of your shit opinions. Assuming you're not a troll.

It makes the world of within the film feel less believable as a result less immersive and harder to emotionally invest in it.

Going of f this rating scale...

6 = Exceptionally Incredible
5 = Amazing
4 = Great
3 = Good
2 = Ok / Meh
1 = Poor to Bad
0 = Horrible

SM1 = 3
SM2 = High 3
SM3 = 3

That part is hilarious. You are a faggot.

>SM1 is the same as SM3
You know what? You're a faggot.

You have poor taste and likely don't read comics

People who don't read comics aren't allowed to post ITT

Watched the first one with my dad.

At the end he said "This is a kids' movie."

...he was right.

Faggots like you aren't allowed to exist in this world. Go die already.

what the fuck kind of rating system is this you actual autist. especially when you just make something a high 3, like what is that supposed to mean. what differentiates a high 3 from a 4, why bother having different numbers if you're just going to let the numbers themselves have their own individual arbitrary scales. holy fucking shit i'm actually upset by this right now, you're actually pissing me off with this, i want it off my computer screen.

You're in a garbage thread made by a worthless autist. Why do you even expect anything of quality here?

>especially when you just make something a high 3, like what is that supposed to mean
It simply means it's really good but not fully great?
Calm the fuck down.

Only faggots don't read comics poseur.

I just want you to know that you are a proof that autists need to be euthanized.

He was right, it's sad that Spider-Man, the most beloved hero outside of Superman, can't get a proper movie

Would Spider-Man benefit from Tim Burton?

maybe if your fucking rating system went higher than six you'd be able to rate them better and not have to deal with that issue you fucking ignoramus

Meh

I'm sure he could direct a decent Kraven's Last Hunt adaptation.