Rick & Morty

>You fucked with squirrels Morty! We have to pack up & move to a new reality! I-I said we can only do that a couple of times!

So.. they're in a third reality now?

this is an old memory. it might not even be the same morty.

keep in mind we never actually saw them leave

It should have happened before Rick destroyed the Citadel for the first time but it can happen after Morty had shown Summer his and Rick's graves since all that really necessitates is that the reality be one where the Rick and Morty died accidentally at home and were buried in the backyard (the nearest and easiest place to do it in).

I just realized. How can there be alternate dimensions that are the exact same up until that point if the current Rick and Morty made contact with the Citadel? Wouldn't that require the parallel Rick and Morty to do something different because otherwise they'd be in the exact same place at the same time?

Aren't these the Mortys memories?

Which morty?
Each universe probably has their own storage basement.

Our Morty.
I'm not in touch with fandom words so I don't know his world number.

Why would Rick earse this, but not cronenberg and burying their doubles?

We've changed realities; some of these memories could belong to the Morty who's buried in the backyard, or, if this is a different reality that R&M moved to after the squirrel thing, whatever Morty lived there before

It doesn't have to be the exact same, I believe. Only specific points need to be similar enough. Like this Summer having gone on enough adventures with Rich and Morty to have developed to this point, for everyone to be really into Ballfondlers, and for there to be a dead Rick and Morty pair buried in the backyard, among other relevant points.

If Squirrel Girl taught us anything, it's never underestimate squirrels.

But so much of who the main Rick is is based around his conflict with the Citadel.

Huh? How is that relevant to them hopping realities to segue into the home lives of a different Rick and Morty pair? That doesn't seem relevant at all since our Rick and Morty are still the same. It's only the family that they have to convince that they're the same Rick and Morty.

Hello based user

Why couldn't he just kill the squirrels

Maybe there are multiple Citadels and multiple Councils of Rick, and C-137's Rick and Morty made contact with a different Council than our Rick and Morty did.

But remember, Rick said it was the exact same timeline other than the result.

It doesn't seem likely that they wouldn't have contacted each other considering they're able to find them just as easily as any other Rick and Morty pair. If there are multiple citadels they'd surely be aware of each others existence and it would definitely impact how they operate.

Who taught me to never fuck with squirrels.

So wouldn't there be other timelines where Rick Cronenberged everyone? Did they all find different timelines to hop to without any two Rick and Morty pairs trying to hop to the same one?

Also, if Rick is able to find timelines where a certain experiment killed him, can he not research other timelines to avoid dying himself? Like, perhaps there are other timelines that are the same but time-shifted so he can see everything that will happen to him in his own timeline.

>But remember, Rick said it was the exact same timeline other than the result.
I just checked the episode. He doesn't say it's exactly the same timeline at all, either before while he was looking for a timeline to jump into or after when they jumped there and came upon their alternate selves' bodies. All he said was that he looked for a timeline where they ended up fixing the Cronenberg problem (implying that he was looking for a reality where they DID cause the problem in the first place) and then dying.

The comics mention in one part of the multiverse, Mortys are the egotistical genius scientist while the Ricks are lazy and dumb. There's also a council of Mortys.

> TFW we will never see Evil Rick taking over the alternate citadel, or the two citadels going to war with each other.

Ecosystem

Um, no Rick straight up says that time is the exact same except that they solved the virus and died shortly after.

There are B, C, and D universes.

Why is this show such a incoherent mess?

I just TOLD you I looked it up and your only response is to say "uh, no".

Yeah I didn't get this at all either. I think this is the best explanation though Rick probably fixed the problem somehow without them going to the next reality. Otherwise we have no clue which Rick and which Morty we've been watching.

because infinite mutliverses leads to lazy writing
any consequence can be undone with enough portal gunning
even rick doesnt give a shit, so why should we?

He probably fixed the squirrels right after and wiped Morty's memory to hide the fact he fucked up.

There are plenty of references to the fact that we don't know which Rick and Morty we're viewing.

No, you told the other user that.
And in the episode Rick says the timeline is the same except they solved the virus, and they died shortly afterwards.

The memory comes in blue, user. Morty asked him to erase it. Most likely, Morty had already adjusted to being in their second dimension and having bonded with his new family there that he felt fucked up from having to move a third time.

What's this with "it wasn't shown, so it doesn't happen". The hell, why does it have to be shown. That's retarded. It's like how Rick added in the memory of those two random people to the end of the menagerie memory. The memory has to have a good cut-off point for it to be entertaining.

I'm confused,
I pulled up that episode right now on Hulu & he doesn't say this at all.

He says word for word
"There's an infinite number of realities Morty. In a few dozen of those I got lucky & turned everything back to normal. Just had to find one of those realities where we both happen to die."

He does not,
Stop lying to help your argument
He says verbatim

I highly doubt it. Parents say shit like the world is ending all the time, it doesn't mean it always is.

My theory is they probably just murdered all the squirrels offscreen and they only showed that much because it's funnier. It's a lot easier to explain. Even if it isn't, I'm still believing this.

no, the joke there was those were clones, and each generation from the original was more fucked up than the last, not that thew were from new universes.

This, it's "interdimensial memories" as well.

im afraid the staff of rick and morty wrote themselves a way to be lazy.

''its not a plot hole, infinite possibility!'' kind of thing.

and YES, theorically, they are in a third dimension with another set of summer jerry and beth.

because of a clip show.

That's... actually pretty brilliant... I can pretty much guarantee they didn't think of this when writing it.

>I just realized. How can there be alternate dimensions that are the exact same up until that point if the current Rick and Morty made contact with the Citadel? Wouldn't that require the parallel Rick and Morty to do something different because otherwise they'd be in the exact same place at the same time?
honestly my assumption is that everything that happened in Season 1 up through Rick Potion No 9 only happened in their original dimension unless specifically brought up by someone from the current reality(which as far as I can remember hasn't happened), and similarly that most of the stuff Our Rick & Morty duo have gone through is unique compared to any of their counterparts

>So wouldn't there be other timelines where Rick Cronenberged everyone?
see above

Then these very, very specific timeline of that love potion day work as a bottle neck event, splitting off infinite other possibilities from after that point of arriving in a new world.

>Rick and Morty go to Blitz n' Chits instead of helping the space cloud

For example- two different choices alone at least in that one day- and that's only for the two Mortys that arrived back at that time, specifically at the same time

>It doesn't have to be the exact same, I believe. Only specific points need to be similar enough.

"Eh, close enough."

*lizard-tongues*

>Rick gives Morty a device to read animal minds in a world where squirrels secretly control everything
This was 110% on Rick

If Squirrel Girl taught me anything, it's ALWAYS underestimate squirrels and then see what happens.

Those squirrels were cute. There should be an entire episode about them.

Didn't Justin or Dan say at one point that not every episode is about C-137 Rick and Morty? Could be that Morty's mind blowers took place in some other dimmension

the episode with the Mind Parasites, and every episode that references Mr Poopy Butthole, Sleepy Gary, and the other characters from that ep, all follow a different rick and morty to the 'main' duo.
and this ep ended with Jerry finding his stored memory of Sleepy Garry

How much do you wanna bet they regret saying that because now that's all anyone says, BUT MAYBE IT'S NOT C-137 YOU GUYS!!!!

That's exactly what they wanted so they can do whatever they want and if they create a plot hole they can retroactively decide that episode was set in an alternate universe

Are you sure? My thought was that the different Ricks were each from the same 'Timeline' but each was from a variation where a progressively worse version of whatever caused the scar occurred. So the first one escapes unscathed o mostly unscathed. The second one got it worse, the third one was from the same event but got it even worse.

This was my understanding too. I don't think there was much to suggest they were clones

This

this whole thing was Ricks fault
he clearly knew about the Squirrels being a thing and still built the Doolittle hat without warning Morty about them or simply saying no and why

To be fair, he did tell him to stay out of trouble.

I really hope that Rick reveals that he's not the current Beth's father next episode. Like a twisted version of Morty's reveal during the first Interdimensional Cable Episode.

Robotsforeveryone

Is there a character with a more classic example of bipolar I disorder with Cluster B and some Cluster A personality disorder features in the history of fiction?
>at least one manic episode (at least 1 week)
>>abnormally persistent elevated, expansive and irritable mood with ↑↑ activity most of the day or nearly every day
>>has almost all the symptoms: Distractibility Irresponsibility Grandiosity Flight of ideas ↑ goal directed activity and agitation, ↓ need for Sleep, very pressured speech)

More specific examples
>Grandiosity: As an example, some patients believe they have a special relationship with God
>Manic speech: Irritable patients often make hostile comments, swear more than usual, or go off on angry tirades
>the frequency of mood episodes tends to ↑ with age

He's also quite cluster A (paranoid - ironic that the textbook example is a guy who installs security cameras fucking everywhere, schizoid - ironic that the textbook example is a guy who has no desire to maintain contact with his family, schizotypical - ironic that the textbook example is a guy who fucking collects crystals and has very strange ideas about crystals and Rick has some pretty magical thinking), cluster B (Borderline - unstable relationships, chronic emptiness and attempts at self injury and narcisstic)

major depressive features - confirmed anhedonia, depressed/irritable mood, suicidal ideation, feelings of guilt → just missing a fifth that he hasn't shown on the show

+ alcohol use disorder

Could they do the space dandy approach?

Literally infinite possibilities.
There are countless conditions that are required for jumping to a different timeline, starting with the requirement that the different planets earth are aligned to each other perfectly, otherwise you will end up in space.

I think you need to look up the word ironic.

Parallel worlds are not exactly the same. In fact they can be vastly different. Roiland has gone on record saying every single possible reality you could come up with would exist in the show, going so far as to refuse to deny a universe in which Rick and Morty were dating, much to tumblrs dismay

>this ep ended with Jerry finding his stored memory of Sleepy Garry
It did? I missed that

>irony
>irony
>xDD
You need to go back.

>half of tumblr ships it
>the other half is disgusted
Like pottery

I don't even need to invent anything, I already know of a machine to solve their squirrel problem. It's a fucking gun.

Infinite realities
They traveled to a reality exactly like the one they were in (including the dead rick and morty buried in the backyard) with the only difference being that rick and morty of that world both suddenly die just before that helmet is made.

there cant possibly be infinite dimensions in rick and morthy
in tales of the citadel some morty describes the morty gang as normal mortys and the disfigured morty in the back gets angry and he tells him to write about it on his blog implying there is a majority of mortys who look like our morty
now if there are infinite universes with infinite variations of our characters then there being a normal version of them doesnt make any sense at all, there should be as many hammerhead mortys as any other variation unless hammerheads have some genetic diseases or something in wich case there should be as many green mortys or clamp for hands mortys or anything else
this points to a branching universe in wich there is a main branch and some (not all) choices make new branches wich would mean that the current number of universes is finite but the potential number is infinite

"stay out of trouble" is pretty far from "there is a squirrel illuminatti out there and if you make them suspicious they will end us!"

oh my god we've had this discussion several times every week since like halfway through season 1

>So wouldn't there be other timelines where Rick Cronenberged everyone? Did they all find different timelines to hop to without any two Rick and Morty pairs trying to hop to the same one?
You just made me realize why so many Ricks and Mortys are living in the Citadel like they're stuck there.

im not here every day, are you?

have you been in one of these threads in the last few years?
central finite curve, infinite timelines is true but there's a finite amount where rick is still rick

Better question: Rick hates the Galactic Government, but has done nothing about the Squirrel Illuminati in his own backyard.

squirrels don't bother rick if rick leaves the squirrels alone

continuity fags ruined the show

>have you been in one of these threads in the last few years?
no, i dont comment on threads about shows that arent currently airing
people who do that are absolute cancer and should al be banned forever

that was my conclusion, also explains how they all have the same job more or less.

For all we know, this is Rick C-137's fourth or fifth. Look how easily he jumped the Cronenbergverse.

I thought the squirrels were government agents who transferred their minds into them.

Anyone else?

what led you to think that?

do you even watch the show?
you know this is the THIRD season, right?
and secondary material (like comics and shorts) have been coming out non-stop?

I don't know, I thought at first they were a bunch of agents that had put their minds into squirrels using something like that mind device from Rickshank Rickdemption.

I thought it made sense at first.

you can be pretty sure they take the inter-dimensional travel and infinite universes as license to write whatever they want.

>you know this is the THIRD season, right?
no, i can only count to two
>and secondary material
secondary material is cancer

Because squirrels ruling everything from behind the scenes is likely a constant across multiple realities and Morty would likely be incapable of acting natural around squirrels with that knowledge in his head.

It's not C-137

Why would Rick have the memories of a different Morty in the vault?

>secondary material is cancer
oh fuck right off, just because you dont enjoy it or consider it worth your time doesnt make it cancer

cancer is shit that inherently brings down things around by its mere existence, a show trying to be a little more than just another Family Guy is not that

There are a LOT of things Rick turns a blind eye to, just because he doesn't feel like bothering with them.

Squirrels are a lot more difficult to get rid of than bureaucrats.

I just assumed he moves between the "central finite curves" that the citadel has authority over when he does this. It kinda explains why they can only do this a couple of times since there may be a limited number of these curves where a c-137 rick & morty dies.

>Literally infinite possibilities.
So God is real and Rick is either in denial or he's retarded.

enjoy your fanfics you faggot