How come Tom Cruise, and a ton of big celebrity stars are never at The Oscars anymore?

How come Tom Cruise, and a ton of big celebrity stars are never at The Oscars anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/beDN-q3UcbY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

RESPECT THE COCK

>white
>man
I wonder why

Because he's never nominated for anything.

Mega stars usually don't show up unless they're nominated for something.

When's the last time Will Smith showed up without being nominated for something?

They never give him one so why bother

You get invited if

1) You are nominated
2) A movie you were in is nominated
3) You are presenting* an award

*The presenters are usually last years winners or people advertising some big upcoming movie.

This.

They're afraid of his scientologist sorcery. He only uses it for good, but the sons of Abraham are distrustful of white magic.

The Oscar's are political awards.

Whens the last time Will was nominated for something?

On the lam

But why?

Jews hate Tom Cruise because he is immune to their powers.

he's never bent his knee to get an oscar
never played a gay or for an interracial pioneer

I feel like if A Few Good Men was released now he could get it

He'll get one as soon as plays a supporting role as a black man's trans lover

Ali

A white man only wins an Oscar if he plays a homo, a weepy retard/autist, or some hero of civil race rights.

A strong white male protagonist never wins.

Sad....so sad....

Yup.

Because he's been there and done that
seriously who fucking knows how many Oscars he's attended

Les Grossman was Oscar worthy

This was the role that convinced me that Tom was /ourguy/ on a level rivalling Mel Gibson. Even Sam Hyde wouldn't have the balls to try a character like that.

scientology. americans don't like him anymore

He was shitposting in the live thread

i thought oscars was like the highest honor in films, i would've thought that even the biggest stars would go there every year. I get that they can't be bothered to present prices, but just to attend and watch the show at least.I don't get it. Seems so weird we have B - actors and people with dead careers like Jennifer Garner presenting and attending.

just don't get it.

Who buys tickets then?

Because Tom Cruise hasn't made an Oscar worth movie in years. He is focused on action movies where he does the stunt work and risks his life because he is clearly passing through a mid life crisis and needs to feel young again.

Until he passes that phase we won't see him nominated at all

>DIET COKE!

>kubrick was never nominated
How is this possible?

Tom doesn't need an award, when his life itself awards him with joy.
Xenu has plans.

He's pretty much the savior or traditional western cinema whether or not you'd like to admit it.

I remember when the winner said in his speach he'd have other opportunities when he won over Tom (for Magnolia). It'll never happen now.

In hiding

Same reason he didn't do US press for that movie hereleased a few months ago.

You mean he's focused on making money and enjoying life ... don't be a hater man.

If Top Gun was released tomorrow it would easily win at the box office, might even get critics on board because it is by current standards very cinematic and respectful of the medium.

Even these guys don't go anymore. pfft the Oscars pfft

Truth. Cruise fled the country.

He makes better films than anything nominated. He has more command of the medium and sympathy for the audience than anyone in film.

He makes kinos that gonna last forever, not ones that represent current political trends.
Cruise is too based for Oscars.

He’s above that

You really think Top Gun is oscar worthy? It's a fun movie but imo its basically military capeshit.

A few good men would have a chance.

>irish
>white

Being of the Sup Forumsigarchy myself, I see them as cocksucking pedophile jews that I'd never want to be around.
But then Tom is squarely in the industry himself, and probably at some point wants to work with any number of others in attendance. With that being the case showing up anyway, even as a paying customer, is as much of a friendly gesture as it is a solid career move.

>Seems so weird we have B - actors and people with dead careers like Jennifer Garner presenting and attending.

Seems just as it should be. It's exactly for people like that. Real stars showing up every year would appear thirsty. And actual big names don't need validation from a pageant when they're adored, well-paid, and already feel fulfillment value and satisfaction they themselves place on their own work. You're putting the oscars on too high a pedestal. It's a glorified popularity contest, not an accurate estimation of the value of a person or persons contribution to film.

I unironically think that is the case.

I see Top Gun as more of a romance, and a character driven story. The thing that I think makes it good by current standards is that it has a feeling of being cinematic. The pace, the wide camera angles, the emotion. It is much more serious in my opinion than current films which are by comparison shallow.

#metoo

Maybe scientology doesn't allow to collect awards anyway?

Cruise doesn't give a shit. He's caring about audience. Even with that hated Mummy he tried to cheer his fans up. I think he feels bad now, considering how much joy he had making it.

He's been in a fuckton of movies and barely gotten any nominations from the Academy. I doubt he's drawn into the circlejerk as much as in recent years he seems more interested in doing his own thing.

Maybe they wouldn't snub him if he showed he cared as well.

But why should he care? Because it's still good exposure at least. Rule 1 of business is you don't need to like every person you ever work with.

Tom Cruise isn't living in USA anymore. He's moved to UK.
Noticed that mostly of his movies in last year take place all around the world but not really in America? Jack Reacher and American Made are only ones. Mission Impossible, Mummy, Edge of Tomorrow. They take place mostly in Europe, with elements in Asia.

Tom Cruise doesn't need more exposure.

Early in his career, sure, but even without the awards people know who he is for his star status. Established actors getting an award/nomination doesn't mean a whole lot provided the movie they're in is received well commercially. At his age he's way past that shit.

aka user was right...he fled the country

Q predicted this

No, but his movies do.

I wonder how pissed he'll be if Star Wars picks up any awards next year.

no he doesn't you fucking drone

>King George or Sir Winston Churchill are heroes of civil rights

If I remember correctly he sold a lot of his American real estate over the last few years too.

Since you have failed to provide a substantive addition to the discussion with your comment I will provide you with this image instead. Hopefully you will be forgiven for worsening the experience for other browsers.

>What was the Darkest Hour

Yes. He's living in UK. Comes to US only when needed. If I remember right, he sold his classic P51 Mustang WW2 plane and bought a helicopter instead.

ie: this '''tool''' caught the first thing smoking

Didn't Clooney retire andleave the country too?

youtu.be/beDN-q3UcbY

eyes wide shut.

magnolia fag

Holy fuck I didn't know this was Tom

It's their turn.

But I DIDN'T go to film school, I went to films!!