RUMOR: Marvel's INHUMANS Has Been Cancelled By ABC Before Season 1 Even Airs

>ABC and Marvel seem to be preparing for the worst. According to Renew Cancel TV, the network is promoting Inhumans as "the COMPLETE series" rather than a first season and that's led them to believe plans for a second season have been scrapped.

comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/inhumans/it-appears-as-if-marvels-inhumans-has-been-cancelled-by-abc-before-season-1-even-airs-a153972

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-marvel-the-defenders-least-viewed-series-debut-1202564402/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hahahaha

HAHAHAHAH

>4 years of Inhumans pushing
>culminates in this

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH *wheezes* AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

It's the Inhuman thing to do.

Poor man's Xmen didn't even got a chance.
Sad, but also glad it didn't suffer more than this.

>pushing
What marvel is doing is franchise assassination.

>Underrated post

Curse you mutants! CURSE YOU!

lmao

>put out a mediocre product that not only is bland by TV standards but somehow makes what could be an interesting take on the inhumans bland
>wtf cancel it now!

Really what lesson should Marvel take away from this? Not to half ass this shit?

Meanwhile Legion is one of the best shows on television

Well, it has a really different pace and setting than other cape shows, it doesn't feel like a cape show.

JUST

LoL

Das it mane

That's a good thing.

>Really what lesson should Marvel take away from this?
To blame their fans.

Where were you when Scott Buck damaged the Marvel TV brand permanently?

I blame the lack of good husbandos and waifus.

Scott Buck is like a curse, he single handedly ruined Dexter once he became showrunner and destroyed the MCU Netflix winning streak with his utter bullshit.

It never should have been made. The show just seems like a revenge move by the people at marvel that Feige BTFO. Moves like his will just lead to the MCU officially splitting the movie and TV side sooner.

Don't fuck with muties

Crystal is cute.

At least she will be known as a failure meme! lol

Get rid of Perlmutter. Literally nobody but him, even at Marvel, wanted this show to happen. That's why it's so ridiculously cheap and poorly put together. Nobody of any talent wanted to work on the turd Ike was pushing through, against all odds, by sheer force of shekelpower.

HAHAAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

FUCK YOU IKE

Why does Scott Buck failing make me feel so warm inside?

Why are Marvel TV and Movies having stupid infighting? Shouldn't someone from high up say "cut this shit out, we're ALL trying to make money. And if you can't work together, then fuck off." ?

Every piece of news about this dumpster fire pleases me even more

Wtf , this girl has two watermelons instead of boobs. Look gross to me

Goddamn did this guy make the best move splitting off from the rest of Marvel or what?

It's not intentional. They're just that inept.

They "were" having infighting. Feige split Marvel Studios away from Marvel TV a while ago.

>Shouldn't someone from high up
Problem is Perlmutter is one of those high ups

Fuck you, Carlos, you killed Ofu

>Marvel sent Joss
>DC sent Buck
Who scores this round?

>The show just seems like a revenge move by the people at marvel that Feige BTFO

That's exactly what it is. Hopefully this will galvanize Disney into slapping Perlmutter's influence away from the X-Men/Inhumans and everything TV related. He's basically been working against the interests of the company to further his spiteful agenda for years, and Disney as a whole has only ignored it because it hadn't lost them any real money yet.

It's not really Marvel TV and Movies. It's the entirety of Marvel vs Ike Perlmutter.

The problem being that Perlmutter is a powerful shareholder and an Elder Jew with at least 37d12+370 Hit Dice.

All I know is, between this, Defenders underperforming, MvCI's disaster, and Marvel Legacy, something is going to happen. You don't have so many consecutive failures the same year (Hell, the same quarter) and expect things to continue as they are.

>Why are Marvel TV and Movies having stupid infighting?
Ike Perlmutter. Guy is notoriously stingy and doesn't get that products need quality to them. But then again, he's part of the Trump administration.

>[Muffled laughing Kevin in the distance]

I think the TV side is probably given too much independence. Failures like this will eventually force a restructuring. I have no doubt eventually the MCU will officially get split. And its probably best for both sides.

This.

>this was supposed to be Medusa
Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?

The quality of the films has noticeably improved visually from GOTG2 onwards. I mean, Ragnarok probably would be centered around Jane Foster and shit if not for the split.

One of the obvious things is that they admitted that the showrunners don't talk to each other about plans. So we get very disjointed projects, such as the Hand going from Ninjas to this vague evil business.

The people trying to cut costs.

>Why are Marvel TV and Movies having stupid infighting?

Because people are terrible at getting along.

>Because Perlmutter is terrible at getting along.

>MvCI's disaster
What happened?

Looks better than what she looks now in the comics.

Someone who understands wigs exist?

Well for one it's been getting slated pre-release for looking terrible and not having x-men in it.

response itself has been middling to ok with a borderline yellow metacritic (76 atm).

the game itself feels like a rush job, with loads of holdover stuff from 3, the UI looks like a placeholder that should have been replaced and a feeling that most of the money/effort seemingly went into a story mode nobody gives a shit about.

I can almost see some moron reading some cliff notes version of Daredevil while they're preparing for Iron Fist, and just arbitrarily deciding that Madame Gou was part of the Hand and rolled with it before anyone could tell him otherwise

Probably one of the smartest decision he ever made. Disney has so far been hands-off due to trusting Feige and knowing what he's doing, with the exception of the Doctor Strange Ancient One which is unavoidable no matter what the did.

Meanwhile the MCU TV universe quality dropped. With the exception of Luke Cage most of the shows have ranged from bad to meh.

The game is a disaster among fans and barely tolerated by critics. It was PR disaster before being released with people poking fun at functions.

No surprise. Was anyone ever interested in this?

If it had looked good costume and effects-wise, it might have pulled in some audiences based on it's connection to the MCU alone, but its visuals were awful as well.

>Defenders
>failure

Don't be silly. It didn't premiere to numbers quite as big as other Marvel shows, but every Marvel Netflix show has been ridiculously successful.

Luke Cage started strong, but ended terribly.

Yet they still keep blaming Disney even though it all Marvel's fault seeing how Disney doesn't give a shit video games that mmuch other than Kingdom Hearts.

Yeah once Cottonmouth is killed you can notice a drop in quality.

That's because most people have no idea who in the hell Ike is

That and Disney giving the Inhumans the death slot on ABC shows how much they don't care about Perlmutter and his passion pet project.

>It didn't premiere to numbers quite as big as other Marvel shows,

It's had 17% the views of DD season 2. That's an objective failure for their big crossover event the others shows were made to lead up to.

jesus christ

Luke Cage had absolutely amateurish directing and subpar writing but good visual design and soundtrack. Marshmallow Ali also helped

The instant he died the series turned to shit.
>we have this bullet that can kill Luke for sure.
>he is shoot with it
>he survives both times albeit in pain
>he lingers long enough to make a trip from New York to Georgia (with no traffic) just to find the doctor who can treat him
>we decided to make weaker Judas bullets for mass production that won't be as powerful as the original one that didn't even kill Luke instantaneously

Were you get these ratings? I am not doubting you, but I don't know how Marvel measures their success with Netflix shows.

There are less all time peak players than LawBreakers right now

>With the exception of Luke Cage most of the shows have ranged from bad to meh.

But they're all good except Iron Fist. None are quite as good as Daredevil, but they're way above average TV shows.

proof?

variety.com/2017/digital/news/netflix-marvel-the-defenders-least-viewed-series-debut-1202564402/

Does need the caveat that Netflix numbers are estimates, and DD season 2 drew bigger audiences that every other show by a pretty large amount.

Netflix won't lose money on it or anything but their crossover event show being the least watched one is not a good result.

can't turn a ho into a housewife, user

>>this was supposed to be Medusa
>Who the fuck thought it was a good idea?
>The people trying to cut costs.
To explain, the film was funded by IMAX so Ike was spending other people's money. But once it gets to the TV series Ike doesn't want to fund the hair, so he had her cut it off.

Can't siege the Feige.

Fuck you Perlmutter.

Agent Carter died for THIS?

I feel really bad for the handful of hardcore OG Inhumans fans that's out there, to have their baby dragged out into the public eye and battered like a seal, over a four year period, like this.

On the one hand
>Fighting games on PC
On the other, holy shit that looks bad.

No it died because it was garbage.

>Agent Carter died for THIS?
It died because the studio got greedy. See, you are suppose to actually get on with the plot and show how she built SHIELD. But instead because American TV culture suck, the goal was to delay the main story as long as they can so they can have more seasons. The show died because the writers got it wrong from the very beginning.

And yet Marvel Comics keep leeching off the MCU due to laziness and greed.

House of ideas my ass.

lmao

Somebody gets it

>mfw I gave up after the first episode

Is it really that good or will it always have been shit once season 2 comes out

Marvel TV needs to be brought back into Marvel Movies. Just end the Netflix stuff & Agents of Shield. Bring them into the movieverse properly. Have short films featuring them and then let the characters rot.

The Disney buyout gave Ike a big block of Disney shares and a seat on the board. Short of dieing or comiting an actual crime there's no way to get rid of him

Disagree. They should stick to netflix, but should try to work with movie division. Maybe some sidecharacters or side stories. Like Shield but it runs along the movies, maybe use movie sets, props. I could see some streetlevel action in tv and powerhouses in cinema.

Sounds like a plot of MadMen.

>im a fag

Kevin Feige, the guy who runs Marvel Studios (Movies), just wants to make movies the public likes. Whether or not you enjoy the movies, that's really all he cares about. That's his goal. Popular movies = cash money = everyone's happy.

Isaac Perlmutter, CEO of Marvel Entertainment, does not have that point of view. He comes from the toy industry and his main focus is merchandise. He didn't want a female led movie because female toys don't sell as well as male ones. This is why DC got in first with Wonder Woman.

Perlmutter's cronies also had their own agendas. Writers like Bendis wanted people to use THEIR stories and THEIR characters, hoping to get a piece of the pie. They didn't give a shit about making good movies. They wanted THEIR movies.

This is why Feige practically begged Disney to save him. This is why Marvel movies are a separate thing entirely to the tv shows - they're not even shared universe anymore.

In like 20 years there will be a series about the fictionalized accounts of what when on behind the scenes at the biggest entertainment juggernaut of the 2010s.

>Noah Hawley FX show vs Scott Buck ABC show
Gee I wonder what the chances of things turning out like this was?

>insiders say Lockjaw eventually disappears from the story because the production couldn't afford the continued cost to deliver the huge canine.

>the huge canine.
UUUUUUWAAH

Depends whether or not twitter fags start a smear campaign before JL release over the fact Whedon was recently caught cheating on his wife for like, a decade.

Unironical, inwould watch it. I would suggest start in the golden age.

Iron Fist is actually Marvel TV's most watched show, though that could be controversy.
He and his gaggle of female fujoshits ruined Dexter so I have NO FUCKING IDEA why Jose Quesedilla thought it'd be a good idea to hire him TWICE