Whaaaaaaa

>whaaaaaaa
>stop making fun of our female writers
>whaaaaaaa
>it's a team effort so it's all of our faults for the shit episodes
>whaaaaaaa
>garbage ass mad max & pickle Rick episodes were thought up by female writers but all of us are responsible
>whaaaaaaa
>i'm fucking pickle Rick look how fucking funny I am
>whaaaaaaaa
>women can be funny and creative too
>whaaaaaaa
>we believe in making our team gender balanced instead of hiring the best possible writers

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1DJCo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Who's that ugly fatso?

Harmon destroys all he touches. Also genuinely believes 1/3rd of Americans are Nazis.

He looks like Santa Clause college dropout brother who lives at home with their parents. Jesus what a slob.

>Show gets dark
>show talks about abusive families
>manchildren on Sup Forums can't cope
> loose their fucking minds

This is why this board is cancer

t. one of the female writers

Reminder that one of the female writers self inserted herself into Pickle Rick so she could pause the show and be the one to best him with a monologue.

archive.is/1DJCo source

>uuuuurrp hey morty wanna shove the teleporter in my ass and go to robot dinosaur world? zippa dippa lorp dick!!!!!
>morty that dinosaur you killed? he has a family morty, you fucking monster. also i've got liver cancer and you're father's a wife-beating coke fiend, we're all just tears in the rain
>BRAAAAAAP

The pinnacle of storytelling

Isnt Harmon going through a divorce?

I'll bet his real motive for the shift in writers was to get some harsh rebound fangirl ass.

Look at him. What else is he going to do at this stage in his life?

All this fat fuck does on twitter is bitch about trump 24/7. People call out the lazy ass writing in the new season and normal ass people are now considered sexist because they know the new female writers have stained the show. They just aren't funny. Why does everything need to be labeled.

This is some of the worst bait.

>it's a team effort so it's all of our faults for the shit episodes
They're not all that shit tho.
You say that about every Rick and Morty season.
Fuck, you said that about the first season.
Actually, are you that one guy falseflagging like he did in the first season?

I'm serious.

>Christina Miller absolutely DESTROYING Cartoon Network
>this fat fedora-tipping slob is the "great mind" behind the most successful show currently on Adult Swim
holy shit just end it all, there's no coming back from this

>pickle Rick episodes were thought up by female writers but all of us are responsible
pickle rick was harmon's idea

t. Nick drone

I think the problem is that is basically attempts to poorly add character development and constantly back pedals to undue the development when the plot calls for it.

i thought Sup Forums was just shitposting

Therapist was Dan Harmon, and Rick was meant to be his ex-wife. They were talking about making their marriage work.

Everything there sounds reasonable, what's the problem? Is it because he's talking about you?

I've liked all the episodes fine thus far. I agree that the Mad Max episode was the weakest, but it was still decent. I liked Morty's ghost arm subplot at least. I would go so far as to say the weakest episodes of S3 thus far (2, 8) are at least as good or better than the weakest S1 episodes (7, 8)

Dan Harmon ruins fucking everything. I'm 100% sure that Roiland just wants to make a fun show but Harmon keeps fucking it up by forcing in "muh deep philosophy" and divorce shit nobody cares about. If he respects women so much, why doesn't he turn Beth into something more than the wine-addicted non-entity she is now?

we don't talk about the Pre-Teen Reality Show ft. Spongebob on this board user

that aside you can't defend Miller's decision to run 4 shows and cancel all others, play Show A for 80% of the day and Shows B & C in two-episode burst in the early morning and early afternoon, rarely ever airing Show D

All I'm getting from this is that OP is a gigantic faggot.

>cancel all others
Only two shows are cancelled under her: UG and Clarence.
Everything else is still technically airing.

Sup Forums, a place for quality criticism and discussion between intelligent and mature persons.

I highly doubt the bitchfest is from people from this board. They just bring it here and we tell them to fuck off.

The dumbfucks were saying it was all shit before the season even started, because *female writers*, there are threads about the show that are good and bad, opinions of episodes being good or bad, generally the same overall enjoyment of the show...

Then there are the bait threads where some idiot is going on about female writers like everyone is supposed to care. And they even try to sound ironic about it like this faggot "oh they're so salty that people are upset about our female writers!"

Who the fuck is that upset with this season? It's just been more of the same shit as before. Some new stuff. Some repeats. Not really different.

How was that bait?

no Sup Forums was actually being serious, we just assumed it was shitposting because it sounded so retarded.

stfu namefag. You are right though.

another user did a good analysis in an earlier thread

>be DEEPESTLOREfag
>actually really excited for ABCs of Beth because it will give us insight into Rick as a younger man and his relationship with his daughter
>know that Sup Forumstards will turn the next thread into an absolute shitshow because episode focused on female character therefore must be fault of female writers

It hurts Sup Forums. I hate twitter and tumblr fags a whole lot but they don't usually come here and ruin our shit like Sup Forums does.

>This is why this board is cancer
You can leave a n y t i m e .

Season 1: mostly great with 1-2 duds
Season 2: about 50-50
Season 3: 1-2 great episodes in a season of duds

It has nothing to do with the gender of the staff. It happened to Futurama and it happened to Archer; nothing good can last forever. If Firefly hadn't been canceled threads about it would consist of 50% "it should have ended after season 1" and 50% "it was never good".

>writer has a bad idea
>nobody in the team stops the writer
>the episode is bad
>FUCKING FEMALE WRITERS REEEE
Nobody was bitching about male writers when they let Justin ruin inter-dimensional cable in season 2.

>whaaaaaaa
>i'm fucking pickle Rick look how fucking funny I am
Looks more like a gourd to me, or a more size accurate Ego.

>Male writer writes a shitty episode
>Wow that writer is shit
>Female writer writes a shit episode
>Wow all women are unfunny retards who ruin everything amirite guys?

Why are you people like this

Yeah Harmon's a liberal cuck but he also ropes in Roiland. Only rarely does his bullshit seap into the episodes if you even know how to look for it.

At the end of the day, if you watch and enjoy the episode, you at least had a better time than people who just stayed on the Internet to troll people who like thing they don't like.

I've seen them make short lived threads on Sup Forums about the female writers for this show. It's like an obsession for them. They likely get deleted by mods, so they bring their shit here.

It's because the show is so overpopular with a the mainstream and reddit crowds so people who are annoyed at overpopularity like that look for things to bitch about.

It's like the idiots spamming the pickle rick shit nonstop. They show didn't even overplay that. Maybe advertisers did at worst leading up to the season, but it was a one-off thing. I don't even thing reddit got into that meme. I only saw that shit spammed on Sup Forums, on multiple boards, way more often than you see it spammed in actual show threads here.

These fuckers don't even watch the show. They're like people who bitch about doctor who because they liked it before it was cool and then it became too popular for them.

You don't know Dan "the man with the plan to get you in his van" Harmon?

He frustrates me so much, I really like everything he's involved in but he's such a destructive asshole that he inevitably torpedoes it because he won't let himself be happy

I thought that was Dan "sneak up behind her and get insider her" Schneider.

It's partially that, and partially the clickbait sites who went into super praise mode when the female writers thing was still announced. Sup Forums types and clickbait news sites are in a symbiotic relationship, Sup Forums needs their obnoxious headlines to get riled up and news sites need them so they have something to generate outrage clicks to "stick it to the trolls" or whatever.

Aren't all Dans the same?

>Harmon destroys all he touches.

lol, sure thing Sup Forums.

>Also genuinely believes 1/3rd of Americans are Nazis.

Well, 1/3rd of america spends more time mad at blm protesters than the guys walking down the street with nazi flags, so, he's probably got a point.

To be fair the fandom for Rick and Morty is crazy and not only on Sup Forums.

>Why are you people like this

They have problems with women. Any casual glance at the rest of this place will confirm that 4-chan is infested by dudes who *hate* chicks.

Nah, Disney drone here

Even then, their newest animation easily beats out whatever CN and nick have atm

>mad at blm protestors
>not mad at Nazis
only one of these can be true user, so which is it?

>you will never insert yourself into Pickle Rick

Both can be true if a Nazi is mad at BLM, retard.

My only issue here is that Harmon calls it "his work". At least for season one and most of two it was very clearly Roiland's brain child. Hell, even back in season one people complained Harmon's contributions with the Beth/Jerry drama.

Other wise I think he's right, fans can't dictate what's right or wrong with the writing. Rather, they can't dictate it with long winded Internet posts trying to "save" the show - if the show were to lose viewership then he'd probably be singing a different tune.

not really because they're still nazis and doing about the same or much much worse depending on your source of news, but never better.

So we need to punch all 10 actual Nazis in the country before BLM can be complained about? Man that's really enlightening, I'm so glad I listened instead of mansplaining how that's retarded.

>only one of these can be true user, so which is it?

What part of that statement lost you? America spends more time mad at blm protesters than they (spend time mad at frigging nazis).

It's not that complicated.

They had an actual rally and one of the nuttier ones ran someone over. I think you listen to Sup Forums too much on this topic.

>So we need to punch all 10 actual Nazis in the country before BLM can be complained about?

lol. There's mass group of dickheads walking down the streets wearing Hitler shirts and rifles and chanting nazi bullshit and 1/3 of america forgets how to count when they do.

"Hurf durf, I only see ten people here."

Man, Harmon's looking more right all the time.

And one of the nuttier BLM supporters murdered six cops with a sniper rifle. But man, those Nazis sure are the real threat to this country.
Oh, excuse the hyperbole. Several hundred to a few thousand Nazis out of a population of 300,000,000+ people need to be punched before we can complain about BLM? And if anyone complains about BLM before this they're a Nazi who needs to be punched too? Because a few loonies who are dwarfed in numbers by counter-protestors every time they take a shit in public are a threat to this country? Once again I want to thank you for opening my eyes. I can't believe I was so ignorant before.

The problem with this season is that it's bringing in more and more of the "DEEPEST LORE" bullshit that killed Adventure Time. Every episode of Season 3 has been preachy and condescending, and much less of the wacky nonsense that made the earlier seasons so great. The edgy and serious stuff can be there, but it should take a backseat to the comedy, like Mr. Jelly Bean. Anytime Rick and Morty tries to be deep, it falls on its face. Also the new season is filled with too much lazy shock humor and gore, akin to Family Guy.

Isn't this a fun conversation about comic books and cartoons, guy?
Boy, Sup Forums sure is love, huh?

I love Harmon Quest (how arrogant to name it after himself though) and can enjoy Rick and Morty.

But he's a fucking liar if he says he's trying to not be political

Also this is his exwife is pic related. This is what he's obsessed with

>omg they're the REAL nazis bullshit
Fucking Sup Forums.
And here's Sup Forums downplaying the number of white supremacists. One second there's only ten of them stop complaining about them, and the next second they're holding a rally and we're supposed to just deal with it because we weren't complaining about them before.
Like we don't know your game by now, cunt?

They've had a few rallies, even one in Boston a few weeks back. Should I be surprised there are 150 racists in a city of over a million? My problem with BLM and this antifa stuff is they're decentralized organizations with no real goal or legislative demand so any riot started through a protest can be "disavowed" because none of them have to answer to anyone or for anything because they don't have anything to directly fight for other than "I want to feel better" which is a sentiment I can share but what do you do for that? That and some BLM protesters sabotaged Bernie not realizing that the righteous anger that got him so close to the ballot is the other side of the impotent rage that got trump elected. But wubba lubba dub dub or whatever

>being this autistic.

I know the first season was great.

I can't wait until Roiland breaks off from Harmon. Seriously just do a k. Michel show or something.

this guy should stick to writing 2 season series. that's all he's got anyhow

>And one of the nuttier BLM supporters murdered six cops with a sniper rifle. But man, those Nazis sure are the real threat to this country.

You're the dumbfuck who thinks you have to pick only one. "We can only be upset with whoever is worst, we only have time for one issue, also there aren't any nazis here at all"

fuck off with that shit Sup Forums. I don't fucking care that you're defensive of nazis, just go cry about their unfair persecution on the appropriate board, not here.

fuck off, Dan.

>It happened to Futurama and it happened to Archer
Are you retarded? Futurama's entire first run was great.

Archer was great until season 7.

Rick & Morty is still early in it's "prime" yet it keeps getting shittier

>fans can't dictate what's right or wrong with the writing

It's not about "dictating" what's wrong with the writing, you don't need to be the creator of something in order to criticize it. Pointing out flaws is criticism, not dictating. It's completely irrelevant whether or not Harmon wants to listen to the criticism or not.

>being this much of a delusional sjw.

>1/3rd of america spends more time mad at blm protesters
They're fucking obnoxious and only care about their own race yet call others racist when they say all lives matter.

That doesn't make 1/3 of Americans Nazis you tard.

Futurama's quality was starting to slide in the last season before the revival. I mean it was still great, one of the best shows on television, but it was starting to fray around the seams.

Your problem is with them because you've been led to see them that way because you're just as gullible as the fuckers who think 1/3 of the country are nazis suddenly.

You're getting your news and your opinions from a side downplaying nazis and fear mongering about BLM and antifa, when another side is doing the exact opposite. Then you are actually stupid enough to bitch about that opposite side having a bias but can't see your own bias.

Fuck your shit. I bet you're in some cozy subarb, none of these idiots are protesting right now in your city. They are in mine, but the cops they're protesting seem determined to look like the bigger villains.

>Futurama's quality was starting to slide in the last season
That final season had the opera episode which is arguably the best episode of the entire series.

Rick and morty is good not great community was good not great he works best in a big staff where he can be checked by multiple people to work his vision into something great. I don't have a problem with female writers or women in comedy, the funniest show written today is spearheaded by women, another period for you folks who aren't in the know. But if you just hire women to make yourself look good you just end up devaluing their work and your show. the pickle rick episode was fine got preach but most of the show is though the mad max episode pissed me off but it's nothing offensively bad. Most of the most aggressive blow back against the show is based on its popularity yes, but it dosen't mean the show has no flaws my biggest issue with it was how it rode the line between doing something a little more continuity based and just making a wacky serialized adventure, they're finding a decent balance between it now but it feels like Dan and Justin each want one or the other and they haven't settled the arguement yet. But I like Roiland and want to see where he goes as a writer and Harmon isn't nearly as washed up as he looks so I look forward to seeing how they both grow together as writers

Yeah it had individually great episodes but it also had weaker episodes than earlier seasons too. Again it was still a great show but it was clear by season 4 that it was starting to decline.

Another Period isn't good though.

Blaming any one person for a shitty episode IS retarded if you have any idea whatsoever how these shows are written.

Go listen to the commentary on the early Simpsons seasons. You have one person who gets final say on everything and everyone else contributes jokes and ideas.

Saying "waaahhh women" makes you look like a dumb faggot and gives credence to the people who say "anyone who doesn't like it is sexist".

Why is every creator so fucking butthurt these days when they receive negative criticism? Sure, there are going to be fans who want to blame [insert gender, race, ethnicity, orientation, religious belief here] for the product being bad, but that's human fucking nature. Instead of whining and shitting on the fanbase for being human, make a better fucking product.

This. It's just pure coincidence and bad luck(for the women writers) that all of the bad episodes this season have had women writers credited for them and all the good ones have had male writers credited.

I'm having a hard time finding what side you lie on honestly it's refreshing. I acknowledge my own bias but if you look at both groups at face value BLM has the more legitimate grievance regardless of how poorly they articulate it. The alt right had moments of clarity to talk about issues most people won't even see to avoid being called racist but when they started waving nazi flags they lost any chance of being listened to. It's like what happened with black people when they tried to co opt the term nigger the ones who started it ironically gave way to people genuinely using it as slang and then slowly when hip hop turned to rap and gangsta culture came into prominence the gross stereo type they started fighting became glorified. Fuck at least black people got some good music out of it what did we get?

You're cruising for a bruising, Nazi cunt. Consider yourself lucky that this is an anonymous forum.

>pretending to be here when you use reddit spacing
Why don't YOU fuck off?

>youngfags will actually believe this

We get it you only consume and never create anything life, truly the bottom of the barrel.

I can't be a Nazi, I'm black. Checkmate faggot.

We all don't have the same taste user

No the shitposts were just "reddit and memey amirite" before the female writers. There's always going to be something to shit on if it's popular enough.

>Justin, hey Justin
>this environment is unbalanced Justin
>we need more women Justin
>let's make it 50-50 for good measure
>if anyone asks say something about how they got here on merit or something

Oh shit. Due to the nature of this forum it's impossible to tell who is and isn't white and I incorrectly made the assumption that you are.

I am truly sorry for mistakenly assuming you were white, PoC. I hope that it did not offend you as that is not my intention at all.

>waaah, you all should just shut up cause you have no idea what it takes to create. entertainment should be an echo chamber where creators have and endless circle jerk.

That just means you're a black white supremacist. Which is worse than a white white supremacist.

Agreed.

Congrats for having the most reasonable and level-headed debate in this thread.

It's not reasonable though.

>ugh these white bois think they own my show because they don't like the strong women i hired

I don't even think the show is bad this season but it's a fucking retarded answer to the situation.

>paragraphs
>reddit spacing

For me season 3 has been a LOT better than season 2 as a whole. I was concerned that it was going to be a downward trend forever.