Why is she such a shit father?

Why is she such a shit father?

Other urls found in this thread:

themarysue.com/steven-universe-rebecca-sugar/
cbr.com/steven-universe-creator-on-crafting-a-show-about-family-love-and-aliens/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>she
>shit father
delete this and try again

But he's not.

Speaking of shit

He is though.

OP knows all about shitty fathers

Yes, Greg is a shitty father.

Why doesnt this asshole just park his van outside of the beach house so he can be close to steven?

Because he made a deal with his dead wife that he would give up a large amount of parental control in exchange for Steven being prepared in Gem combat and technology for the potential Homeworld assassination attempt.
This is still ok because it's in Steven's best interest.

The bad dad part comes in when he doesn't realize the Crystal Gems are full of shit, fucking useless when it comes to preparing Steven, and have helped a random Indian girl with combat training and mature independence more than Steven.

Steven instead has become a little pathetic bitch boy emotionally and physically stunted by lesbian retard parents.

Because he's in a shitty show.

so not being the stock male hero character = bad?

Because he parked his van near the car wash where he works.

The Gem's are shittier parents then him, though.

Greg is arguably a better parent for trying to get his child more in touch with his Gem side and even let Steven live in their temple house rather than in his van. It just sucks that the only Gems he knows are shitty people.

His son's half alien superweapon, and he's totally unprepared to deal with that. That he decided to let the Crystal Gems play a significant role in Steven's upbringing was a reasonable decision.

What he did wrong was he bailed entirely. He said that he can't handle the "alien stuff", and it's fine that he wanted to leave that to the Gems, but he let them handle the human stuff too... And the Gems were as unprepared from Steven's human aspect as Greg was for Steven's alien aspect.

There's enough blame to go around here for everybody involved, but the real tragedy is that Steven got the short end of the stick. He's stunted both as a human being AND a Gem because of the four parental figures he has, NONE of them could get their shit together well enough to raise him properly.

Yes.

The agreement Greg made was very clear. The gems would take him because there would be things he's not equipped to deal with. But the Gems have done essentially nothing in those situations. Steven has been found in combat situations many times where he simply does not have the equipment or training for things the equipment and training very much do exist for at the temple.

If Steven had other shit going on maybe it'd be excusable but he skips school for this. He's denied basic education on the pretense of there being more important things when at the time there weren't, and now that there are they don't take enough of his time to justify a lack of schooling or parental influence.

I sense a lot of projecting in this thread.

Should've posted either Bojack's grandfather or Finn's dad OP

Cause Greg is a god send compared to them

>What he did wrong was he bailed entirely. He said that he can't handle the "alien stuff", and it's fine that he wanted to leave that to the Gems, but he let them handle the human stuff too... And the Gems were as unprepared from Steven's human aspect as Greg was for Steven's alien aspect.
Bullshit.
Greg is still very much around for Steven; he didn't bail completely.

>G-Greg is way better father you guiz!
Fuck off with that false equivalency.

Most of this didn't happen though.
The whole "Greg and the Gems are the reason Steven is forever 8" is bogus; it's shown that Steven is biologically 8 by his own violation; he could easily age himself normally if he felt like it.

Well compared to the examples I gave yes

>he could easily age himself normally if he felt like it.
The last time he tried it he reverted back to infancy,

Is everything a shitty show at this point?

Explain your reasoning

No, just when the shitty things in the shitty show outweigh the good things in the shitty show that make the shitty show a shitty show.

Compared to Greg, the examples you listed look like Mr. Rogers in comparison.
Greg should get his ass kicked for his poor parenting.

>Stop proving me wrong! He's either a perfect being with no flaws singlehandly raising a perfect bean with no flaws or he deserves to go to hell. No inbetweens dipshits!

So like every show?

Do you think every shitty show is a shitty show?

So basically every show by Sup Forums standards.

There really isn't any in betweens.
Of course, what would Sup Forums know about parenting.

Have you been keeping it with this thread?
Greg is a complete beta.

Because the Gems literally won't let him

>This much level of denial

Because he'd probably try to molest Steven.
There's a reason single dads are frowned upon.

>feminist propaganda
>why isn't there a strong father figure
Some mysteries will just never be solved, user.

>This much level of stupid

>feminist propaganda
>all the females are completely flawed in some way
>the males are comparatively more well adjusted
Does Sup Forums ever watch/read what they talk about?

He could have made Steven live in his van. He could've let Steven live in the streets. He could've abandoned Steven in an orphanage. He could've left Steven's life completely, but he stuck around for his son and is trying to do the best he can for his half-human, half-alien son.

>complete beta

Manages to fuck an alien

>mental gymnastics
This really is Sup Forumsmblr.
If Greg wanted to be a good father, he'd lose weight, get a job, discipline his son and stop letting him run around like a fag.

Greg is the biggest piece of shit for a father I've ever seen, no amount of "b-but" will change that.

themarysue.com/steven-universe-rebecca-sugar/
>being this legitimately stupid

>Managed to fuck a pink landwhale that no sane man would touch
Wow, truly an alpha dog.

To busy going ball deep in the Gems.

Steven was never the stock male hero. I always thought his character was "Sailor Moon but a boy".
Sailor Moon was a hero, but she was also feminine. Steven is a hero, but instead of allowing him to retain any boyish masculinity or maturity they actually regress him over the course of the series in a pathetic admission of the stereotypes they tried to break.
Like, a major point of Steven's character was that everyone was his friend. Everyone in town knows who he is and usually has a favorable rapport with. He turns all the minor antagonists to his side, a natural leader.

Then they do some meme shit about Steven having no friends and being alone as a hybrid. S1 Steven would instantly see this as a positive thing - he is both human and gem and therefore easily make friends with both humans and gems, rather then this retarded shit about being alone in the universe when outwardly the only thing distinguishing him from a human is a belly bedazzle.

>the examples you listed look like Mr. Rogers
Forcing your wife into getting a lobotomy. Cause he couldn't handle the pressure of her suffering from the loss of a child

Okay

Bojacks Grandfather was a fine person subject to his time.

SU is garbage

Yes and?
Doesn't change the fact that Greg is clearly the superior parent while the Gems have no idea what they're doing.

Try actually watching the show instead of just parroting articles online.

is steven universe an example of the problems that come from raising a child with gay parents?

thats what i get out of it

That sentence wasn't coherent at all.

>How dare a character go through conflict!

>Get a job
He already has a job. He owns a car wash/the only car wash in the town.

He lets his son run around like a fag all day because there's literally nothing else Steven can possibly do. He's not a full human and he can't keep his powers in check so he can't get a job and go to school like a normal kid. He'd probably get himself or someone else hurt if he did.

Steven isn't like any normal ducking kid, so it's obvious Greg isn't as great a father,but he's still their for his kid and still trying the best he can.

So I leave you with this, user. Do you see your own father in Greg and are you projecting?

>rather then this retarded shit about being alone in the universe when outwardly the only thing distinguishing him from a human is a belly bedazzle.
Well when you simplify as stupidly that, anything would sound retarded.

I did watch it, dummy. A large point of the show was a deconstruction of masculine and feminine stereotypes to the point that no one followed a set gender role. If you couldnt pick that up, then Christ you're dense.

But he's actually a great father and the best parent Steven has out of him and the Gems.

mother.

And that had nothing to do with your original statement. In fact, this sounds more egalitarian than anything feminist.

I'm starting to think you're the dense one here.

>linking to the Mary Sue
You're only making yourself look bad here.

>I did watch it dummy.
Oh watch out, it seems like we got ourselves a potty mouth.

>deconstruction of gender roles
>not feminist
Oh, you ARE that dense.

Was she really forced when she begged him to 'fix' her?

Watch out, or I'll call u a meanieface next.

>deconstruction of gender roles
>inherently feminist
So basically, if they don't adhere strict gender roles, it's feminist. No egalitarianism, no inbetween, just automatically feminist.

Oh you ARE dense

The whole situation is so ridiculous that it can only make sense in the safe-space that is Beach City. Neither the Gems or Greg are responsible parents Greg's cool but he's clearly not dad material. Steven needs to be taken away by child services.

>safe space
>a town that constantly gets attacked by aliens is a safe space
This thread just keeps getting stupider and stupider.

Are you female by chance?

How is Greg not dad material?

He's Steven's friend first and foremost. He couldn't do any actual parenting if he tried.

You do know Greg raised Steven all by himself for the first 8 years of his life?

Riddle me this user; how in the fuck is child services going to handle an alien hybrid with superpowers he can't control completely?

SUGAR LITERALLY SAYS THE SHOW IS ABOUT INTERSECTIONAL FEMINISM. Fuck you're too stupid to even realize what a shit show like SU was saying. I'm done with you.

"Intersectional feminism is something I really care about. To me, the show is specifically about intersectional feminism. The characters are very, very different from each other. What they’re struggling with is very different; they will hurt each other’s feelings by accident, wires will get crossed, and things will get confusing. It’s a challenge for them, as characters, to coexist, but they care about each other so much that they work through it. That’s just something I think about often and try and convey."

cbr.com/steven-universe-creator-on-crafting-a-show-about-family-love-and-aliens/

Better parent than the crystal gems.

>I'm done with you.
The fact you chose to engage shows what a retard you are in the end.
>Alex Jones gif
>linking to more clickbait
Newfags are the cancer of Sup Forums.

>Fuck you're too stupid to even realize what a shit show like SU was saying.
That everyone is equal?
Sugar's statement doesn't even contradict this; feminism is a part of the show but it's not the main point nor can it called propaganda. Female characters are portrayed just as flawed as males, a truly feminist show, at least by modern definition, wouldn't have this.

But tards like you saw intersectional feminism in a Mary Sue post and went REEEEE.

Do you get this worked up over Wonder Woman being feminist?
Her earliest stories were literally just reversed gender roles?

He is pretty okay, but should probably take more of a stance against the gems sometimes and idealize them less

>idealize them
When has he ever idealized them?
>take more of a stance against the Gems
A. He's sort of already done this before.
B. What more can he do? That's like saying people should taking a stance against Superman more.

I don't care that it's feminist, I actually liked most of it (with the exception of the slow start), ~that's why I watched it~. I'm just capable of recognizing that it is, in fact, feminist, and stunned that there are people who can't see and/or admit to that.

The problem isn't that people don't see it as feminist, the problem is that don't see it as a bad thing as other people do.

I don't think he's doing bad as a dad, but he still did wrong by choosing Rose and not Pearl.

>this post
It should be "your post" otherwise you are just calling your post shit.

She would have snapped like a twig if Greg so much as put the tip in.

Maybe not to an idiot.

BJ's grandad was a fine person, Hell he was exceptional for a WW2 era man. You're just buttmad your lesbian rock show is trash

Are you retarded?
You're comparing a character from a show to an actual show and calling anyone who responds to you buttmad.

Arguably the least shitty father on tv right now.

C'mon user, surely Pearl of all people is experienced in safely working a long pole.

That is pretty damn hot.

.Greg would have homeschooled Steven even if he wasn't a gem

I like Greal but I prefer them together after their mutual love for Rose

Here's the thing. "Intersectional feminism" is just a fancier term for "the progressive stack," i.e. deciding how oppressed or privileged someone is based on what checkboxes they can mark off. Does Sucrose actually buy this stuff? It's just a more complicated version of Marxism.

Hey is mayor dewey still on the show? has he deflowered pearl yet?

That's dangerous for him, considering all the attacks that happen there.

>Greg
>shit father