Climate Change Solution

Either we stand aside let China invent the solution to climate change and make all that money, or we do it.

Other urls found in this thread:

hdr.undp.org/en/content/coverage-climate-change-chinese-media
xinhuanet.com/english/sci/environment.htm
news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-10/27/c_135783085.htm
sciencealert.com/scientists-just-accidentally-discovered-a-process-that-turns-co2-directly-into-ethanol
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/global-warming-would-harm-the-earth-but-some-areas-might-find-it-beneficial/2012/01/17/gIQAbXwhLQ_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

There is no solution. We have no control over it. It doesn't make economic or environmental sense for us to cut emissions because we can't cut enough to make a bit of difference.

The moment they get (((Hollywood actors))) to shill for something, It loses all credibility to me,

or we slap tariffs on china's exports and watch their industrial base collapse and CO2 output drop

if you believe in the human-driven climate change bullshit, trump actually has the most effective and sensible plan to curbing CO2 emissions.

Let's all just make a giant awning for the polar ice caps. Shade it for the summer months so none of it melts, and the winter accumulation brings it back to what it was.

Boom. Climate change fucking solved.

>he actually believes there's no solution to climate change

go ahead, panic

Its easy we just pay the carbon tax. Where's your tax to breathe citizen?

america, for the longest time, produced more carbon than the US. do you really think you can just tell china to stop?

no, you can't. china strong. but what will happen is they'll get tired of the shit and come up with some gay, but brilliant solution and make a fucking mint off of it.

are we just gonna sit around and let that happen? we need to solve it first.

>when I was a kid my dad used to joke about (((them))) charging you to breathe.
Funny how it's no longer a joke.

Yeah! You go, Australia!

>america, for the longest time, produced more carbon than the US
i herped so hard that i derped

>america, for the longest time, produced more carbon than CHINA, china.

Humans are pretty arrogant if you really believe your petty exhaust pipes ARE the thing behind scheduled climate change.

Repeat after me: there is no physical basis for anthropogenic global warming

there is no physical basis for anthropogenic global warming

there is no physical basis for anthropogenic global warming

no, you're just a cuck of the petroleum industry, specifically the Koch brothers.

No need to. It probably won't be that big of a deal. If you have been paying attention the past 15 years, the consensus keeps decreasing the probability of catastrophe.

The Sterne Report, which wasn't very economically convincing at the time because of absurdly low discount rates, is the last time a proper economic argument was made to get Western countries to take Climate Change seriously. Since then, its models have been outmoded and now the high end of Climate Change isn't nearly as high. Predictably, environmentalists have completely dropped the economic angle and now focus almost entirely on the impact Climate Change MIGHT have on poor countries. It is now a humanitarian crisis only.

Anybody know anything about rockets?

Putting things into orbit? Ever played Kerbal?

When a rocket is in flight, it has to reach a certain altitude, and velocity before it goes into a stable orbit.

Think of the climate change status of Earth as a rocket that is on a trajectory. We can, like the rocket, adjust that trajectory in flight, but beyond a certain point it is going to be in orbit, and if you don't have the fuel to bring it's speed down, then it's going to stay in orbit for basically ever (much longer than 500 generations of humans).

We have about 20 years (24 years to be exact) before we are in orbit, meaning irreversible climate change that WILL LEAD TO THE EXTINCTION OF LIFE ON EARTH

china is building nuclear plants you cuck

look its not about whats real or imaginary . its about what ruins the middle east and forced them to kill each other and the jews so we have a excuse to stay there forever until the apocalypse so god can see we are on the right side of history

so no oil industry means sand nigs flood europe and jews die off. its a mixed bag but you want to prove you agree with god right? well we need to be in the "holy land" to do it. hes old and has bad eye sight . it happens when your older than time

china's gonna produce cheap solar and wind, then the game is over.

americlaps and australians will just leave all that money on the table, i guess.

you can buy a US Senator for about 2 million dollars to say all of that for you in a state senate hearing

do we need inventions or do we need implementation of current tech?

also if u want to solve for carbon energy use you need to create a bubble in green sector so that people jump ship from other lucrative areas

Trump hates turbines

Solar seems better

our current education system/pipeline is leaving lot of intellectual capital unused or mishandled

What incentive does China have to do that? The only way wind or solar will surpass the cost-effectiveness of oil, gas & coal is if there are heavy subsidies and/or carbon taxes.

China has no obligation to impose such restraints on its own economy, having made no binding agreements to reduce its CO2 emissions.

According to Elon Musk the technology is ready.

I will paraphrase him and say that it's about like the iPhone 1. It's here, and whether you think the iphone is the best phone or not is beside the core issue because it's going to revolutionize an industry and it's competition, but it's always going to evolve.

but people need to buy it, and the governments need to drop the carbon subsidies so people have to pay the true price for petrol, and shift those subsidies to clean energy sources.

when you go solar and wind you have free energy forever. who doesn't want that?

after everyone has it it will rapidly improve, and we'll have clean energy powered vehicles and devices that are as fast as any gas powered shit

trump's got a lot of money from dirty energy sources, like timber and petrol

>What incentive does China have to do that?
oh idk, the incentive that their entire population is getting cancer from all the pollution they have to live in every single day?

climate change is a big fucking lie to keep you poor and taxed.

op mentions china being the solution fucking.

population control is the only, repeat only way to lower energy demands, and therefore stress on the environment.

but we cant have that, more goyims means more tax payers and consumers.

open your eyes morons

doesn't this nigger have a private jet

getting tired of celebrity faggotry

Hasn't bothered the party elite so far.

if you could like, read chinese, or even just google chinese translations of chinese news sources you'd know that the only thing they talk about is climate change and pollution

hdr.undp.org/en/content/coverage-climate-change-chinese-media

xinhuanet.com/english/sci/environment.htm

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2016-10/27/c_135783085.htm

>personally contribute more to climate change in a single day than a normal person can in their entire life
>tell them they need to step up their efforts to combat climate change

The temerity of this fucker, how about he gets rid of his fucking private planes, yachts and sells some of his giant mansions?

climate change denial is a big fucking lie to keep you poor and taxed, retard

Who really thinks actors. who act for their living for those uninformed, have merit in their words?

After this doc I knew trump is oil sandnigger bootlicking fag and he is giving u oil pill in name of red pill.
How can u believe in someone who deny global warming?

one average american has the same carbon use as 10 chinese

1.5 french
5 japanese
etc etc

put your money where your mouth is

the actor is a megaphone for scientists, leo isn't saying shit. he even said "i'm just an actor, i know nothing, but listen to these scientists"

So that's why they're building a new coal power plant every week.

>World is still coming out of the last little ice age

>Omg guys why is it getting warmer its all our fault

Frankly, it's great. Why would you want it to be colder? The little ice age brought on the death of millions.

One American use carbon equals to 34 indians.
Population control in usa and not in other parts of world is solution

fucking aye, it's just not real unless a celebrity talks about it from their ivory tower

but goy, you loved his movies. $2,000,000,000 says you really loved it. Is it Leo? Is he too white? Perhaps we can get a nice non-threatening Jew out there like (((Seth Rogan))). Maybe we can team him up with an up and coming female comedienne like (((Amy Schumer))) perhaps? Lonly beta whites and hard core lesbians just love her. Yes with this combo perhaps we can sway you.

there's no denial fuckwit. you've just proved my point that you're in deep believing the lies.

not all curves are lines. trends don't continue forever.... i sense your two braincells working overtime right now. BUT d40k+7KI, IF NOT ALL CURVES ARE LINES, THEN CLIMATE CHANGE CANT' CONTINUE FOREVER EITHER, YOU'RE A HYPPOCRITE, OR A LIAR, OR BOTH

the curve of climate change is much larger.

chinese coal plant manufacturing rate is based on a sample size of only a few years. climate change data is based on sampling from climate data that is buried in core samples from the crust of the earth which date back to about as far back as before the dinosaurs.

it's real.

Well from my end it looks like everything is heading in the right direction and that the energy revolution will happen in time

Do you think otherwise?

What should anons be doing?

>put your money where your mouth is
that's what he's saying Leo should do you mongoloid, most people who worry about Climate Change are hypocrites who scrape out the last of the jam from the jam jar to recycle it and then commute to work in their personal vehicles thinking they've saved the planet

put a gun where your mouth is and pull the trigger to reduce carbon emissions you faggot

wake up, sheep. you're a cuck of the petrol industry

the truuth is out there

>Gustavo Santaolalla

NOT YOU AS WELL, FUCK

Global warming isn't an issue though

After Northern Ireland, Australia is the next best country.

>most people who worry about Climate Change are hypocrites who scrape out the last of the jam from the jam jar to recycle it and then commute

speak for yourself, because i don't do that. i don't think many people do that. i think only you do that.

Near zero emission systems need to be cheaper or they'll never be adopted. The cost has gone down, but not enough

Man made global climate change is real because-
I WAS RAPED BY A BEAR!

yeah bro nice try faggot
i bet pic is you right now.

We're GOING to use up the rest of our coal
there is absolutely nothing you can do to stop it :^)

you're delusional then, I doubt many chinks could give a shite about climate change in their smog shrouded cities when they cycle the work, there's just so many of them that they have to
the main focus of people who DO apparently care is in Western Europe and North America, but you'll be hard pressed to find people who say they care doing anything to reduce their 'carbon footprint' bar minor, inconsequential shite like I've said before

i'm watching this leonardo document right now but it seems pretty one-sided
what's the truth

a few degrees warmer wouldn't hurt, think of all the arctic trade routes that would be opened up

Are there so many American retards like this who drink corporate shilling every day ? There are recycling cycles for factories. There are blorganic agriculture and laborlees agriculture...
All these can cut emissions by 70%

>one-sided

it is one sided. it's a one sided issue. like "what affect does gravity have on an object" is also a one-sided issue.

it's real

I have a magic rock that solves climate change. I'll sell it to you for 8 billion dollars.

>this doesn't include the 21st century

then why are people denying it? are they just shills

FUCK THE ARCTIC
FUCK THE POLAR BEAR

yep. it costs less than 2mil to buy a congressman or senator to lobby for you. that's nothing to the petrol companies, it's like 5 seconds of revenue on a bad day

oil is one hell of a drug

Unlike animals, crops tend to survive in a very narrow climate range. Good luck shipping anything when you've got no product worth shipping.

I thought of this yesterday. Can't wait to use it in argument.

>well, if you are worried about CO2 emissions then you should support policies like Trump's which bring manufacturing back to Western countries where we have regulations to limit emissions.

hey leaf, how are you enjoying 80% of your country turning into water?

i got a lot of sand down here, you can fill it back in, if you wanna buy it

Climate change is a fraud when they let so much planes polluting the sky.
Join geoengineeringwatch.org it says the truth about the current situation.

AND FUCK NEANDERTHALS!

Climate change is a myth. The Don will put an end to that.

the increase of co2 in the atmosphere increases plant growth

>carbon is the only greenhouse gas
Pretty sure your typical designated shitting street contributes way more methane to the atmosphere than an American toilet.

>be on the right side of history
Only fags make this argument.

It's fine, mate. We've got lots.

Liberal hypocrisy will never cease to amaze me.

It was the traditional liberal movement- the classical liberals, progressives and 'free thinkers' whom had lolbertarian or libshit ideologies, who were advocating for the industrialization of society before the Industrial Revolution- whilst it was the conservatives who wanted to preserve the agrarian environment.

And now, when the IPCC propogates its Jew-science to the world, it is 'right-wingers' who are to blame.

They're already ahead of the game with thorium reactors.

If industrialism causes climate change, what caused the 400 foot sea level rise 13000 years ago?
If mankind causes climate change and it's not a natural occurrence, how come the climate has constantly changed over the last, I dunno, 3 billion years?
If climate change is natural, why are you leftards trying to stop it?

What are you going to do when Yellowstone blows?
What are you going to do when the next meteor fucks us in the ass?

How come people who know dick about the environment, history, biology, chemistry, and physics are allowed to voice an opinion as though it is fact?
What do you actually know about the Earth's climate? How many factors influence the Earth's climate? How much are these effects?

Why don't you idiots SHUT THE FUCK UP.
You don't care about the earth, you just hate oil companies because you're neo-communists and green is the new red which is why one of the founders of Greenpeace bugged the fuck out of it.

why can it only be one or the other?

I think a nuclear winter would be a quite fast solution.

> WILL LEAD TO THE EXTINCTION OF LIFE ON EARTH

yeah, i'm going to call bullshit.

a fucking meteor the size of texas made the sky dark for 20 years wiped out the dinosaurs but crocodiles and lots of other things survived.

WE COULDN'T STOP LIFE IF WE WE'RE TRYING...

Who gives a shit if the earth heats up a little and billions of people die... Its NOT going to kill everyone. the lucky/prepared will survive.

The funny thing is that Trump will probably cause one once he goes on the offensive against Iran.

Yeah, it's one-sidedly good for us (Finns), because we no longer have to live in a cold hellhole.

Invent robotic drones that clean up the ozone layer from co2. Holy shit. Its that simple.

we already have, fuckwit

sciencealert.com/scientists-just-accidentally-discovered-a-process-that-turns-co2-directly-into-ethanol
there isnt enough fossil fuels to intiate a runaway greenhouse effect, the worst case would be a PETM like scenerio

Why would they make money off shit, getting rid of emissions means nothing economic wise

I dont understand why we dont just build a manmade volacano and then blow it up and then everything will get colder

>falling for the atmosphere memee
>falling for the "planet" meme

Goy, they got you good.

But China already has a solution to climate change: they pollute and you idiots pay carbon tax.

Why give a shit?
Adapt to it. The environment will. It always does.

God damn fucking comets and meteors in space make us a target in a shooting gallery and when they hit, they cause mass extinctions on a scale no oil companies could even dream of.
And yet we do almost nothing to defend ourselves.

God damn fucking massive volcanoes can go off and plunge the globe into winters that last a decade or more, freezing entire continent-sized pieces of currently-inhabited land under MILES(not feet) of ice.
We have absolutely no planning or contingency for this.

WHEN either of these happen, we are absolutely fucked. But what do greenshits care about? MUH BAD COMPANIES! Evil westerners killing teh globe!
NO. First off the largest polluter on the face of this earth is the US government. China's government is right behind us, and the EU consortium over there takes it up the ass at number three.
Not companies. Not industries. Governments. WHY? Well DUH! When you're the one making the rules, who is going to enforce rules on you?

>sees Love Canal, a disaster caused fully by a government being stupid
>"it's evil capitalism that causes this horrible pollution!"

Greefags just need to admit they hate capitalism and want a commie utopia.

Living in the north east, I can relate. It was nice wearing a t shirt on Christmas

imagine how cool it would be to sail over the arctic

>you are fucking moron
nice pic

>this has a extremely low chance of killing us all the time so fuck this place, who cares what we do to it

I just remembered I didn't care about climate change.

Take cars for example.
There are 2 billion cars worldwide.
Global car production is about 100 million new cars a year.

Elon musk made less than 100k cars last year.
So even if Elon expanded production 1000 times overnight, and build the 200-300 giga factories needed to make 100 million cars a year.

It would still take 20 YEARS to replace the cars we have on the road already.

When you see someone with a new car that isn't a tesla think.
"By the time this starts rusting, they wont be able to afford the tank of petrol"

All these nice petrol or hybrid BMW's etc...
Literally, Internet Explorer 6 of the car world.

tl;dr...Tesla was too late.

>Either we stand aside let China invent the solution to climate change and make all that money, or we do it.

They're working on it. They already started planting trees to cover 1/4th of their country in forest to filter the air.

>DiCaprio fighting for climate change

The only thing he's fighting for is his bank account.

Fuck off Amerikeks

>mfw we suffer thousands of years in a near arctic environment, then nature rewards us with a comfy central european climate

>The region might see as much as a 30 percent increase in wheat production, for example, by 2080. Some countries will become hospitable to foods they can’t grow in 2012. There may be a 50 percent increase in the areas of Sweden and Finland that are suitable for growing corn.
washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/global-warming-would-harm-the-earth-but-some-areas-might-find-it-beneficial/2012/01/17/gIQAbXwhLQ_story.html

Niggers will have no business in future Finland. You have been climate-privileged for thousands of years. Now it's our turn to enjoy things.

>this has a extremely low chance of killing us
You better take geology again you dumbass.

>intelligence is just as measurable as height
>"strength" is power or endurance? both, neither, specific power

If no girl wants to fuck you, consider hiring a hooker.