Ever since season 2.... (yes, im serious)

The show has
got a main character who obsesses over having a waifu to fuck deep down
a scitzo status quo that always goes back to normal every 5-9 episodes
very hipsteriffic episodes that are EVA level of pretentious faggotry.
a sad and tragic plot-line......that was ruined by time travel and wizard's!
a antagonist that has no personality other than I AM THE PERSONIFICATION OF DEATH I WANT TO COMMIT OMNICIDE BILL CIPHER I CAN OUT DO YOU I ALWAYS KEEP COMING BACK I AM A DOCTOR WHO VILLAIN!
Breezy was where i quit. And no, matrix mom miniseries was shit, by the way.

nice blog.

I disagree with pretty much all of that but at this point I think I'm burnt out on arguing over the nitty gritty of AT like this, I'm just onboard for the ending.

Agree that Marceline miniseries was shit though.

Stakes was better than Elements.

Islands was better than both of them :)

You're both wrong

Elements > Stakes > Islands

Islands>Elements>tiny power gap>Stakes

I found Islands and Elements both to have very sharp writing compared to AT's average, while in Stakes there were numerous small quibbles that dragged the entire piece down, although it was still a good miniseries.

Ew

B-But it's good now. W-Wizard Huntress is now Finn's waifu now, so it must be good!

I'd agree, Stakes was alright, the best part of for me was the framing device of killing a Vampire an episode. Islands and Elements were amazing and pretty much salvaged the entire show

It had gotten good again well before forest waifu you fag

So this series is over now, right?

Will be in 12 episodes and a few months

>very hipsteriffic episodes that are EVA level of pretentious faggotry.

stopped there, you're clearly an ingrate

I think Islands is a bit overrated, although I still think it was a good miniseries. A couple of weak episodes and the slightly rushed ending dragged it down for me. The ending with Finn and Minerva didn't have the emotional impact I think it should have had. Been a while since I've watched Stakes, but from memory it felt like a more coherent whole than both Islands and Elements did, and the vampires were all great characters, especially the VK and Hierophant. Elements is my favourite simply because it was the most fun, and maybe the most I have ever laughed at Adventure Time. Really captured the whimsy and charm of the series.

Grow up.

>but from memory it felt like a more coherent whole
It was least coherent though, close to a MotW at points

>and the vampires were all great characters
One literally just shouted pigs

Only Islands episode I didn't think was at least good was Whipple, they really could have taken out that entire character and used the extra screentime to add to some other areas of the miniseries (Finn and Minnie or the conflict at the end).
That being said the rest was all either pretty good or amazing to me, the conflict did come and go pretty quickly but I liked the overall message it had and Minerva was wonderful as were her interactions with Finn.

With Stakes I might be biased because I've been pretty bored of Marceline the last few years, but my issues with it relate to pretty lazy plotting (like the entire thing with the Dark Cloud only being freed because all the characters acted dumb, or Marceline getting bit again at the end) and Finn and Jake were a lot stupider than they normally are and when they aren't stupider they were just superfluous.
Even though they're my favorites I feel like Stakes could have been improved if it was chiefly a PB/Marcy jam while Finn and Jake were sidekicks in the vein of Pep Butt, because PB and Marcy are the stars and the ones who had all the genuine moments and character development while Finn and Jake existed to be wacky and provide cheap comedy.

Elements may have had some hiccups, again the ending (though I think it was at least well set up) and I think the way everything was so structured here hurt this one a good deal, but moment to moment everything was amazingly high quality; it was very funny, everything had great designs and looks to it, all the characters were used perfectly, and it was great seeing the largest scale adventure the show had ever undertaken.

These are my shitty opinions and I will stick to them.

I don't see how it resembling a 'MotW' makes it not coherent, if anything I'd argue the opposite. A clear structure and narrative is what made it more coherent than the other two which felt a bit too meandering at times.

The pigs bit was great, and the moon vamp's voice alone made the character.

>I don't see how it resembling a 'MotW' makes it not coherent
Because that is less coherent than events directly leading into one and other. They beat a vampire, next episode they are standing around some place random and are able to happen upon another vampire. Compare that to the other to the other two where the events and locations they were in directly lead to the next episode and actions.

>The pigs bit was great, and the moon vamp's voice alone made the character.
If constantly shouting pigs is a great character to you I don't think you have any standards.

I feel the same about Whipple, problem is they needed to have some sea faring in there to make it feel like a proper adventure. Maybe they should've combined Whipple and Mystery Island together to make more room for the end, I don't know. Again, I did like Islands but it did have some key flaws that made it less enjoyable for me.

>I feel like Stakes could have been improved if it was chiefly a PB/Marcy jam while Finn and Jake were sidekicks
That's essentially what it is already, and I enjoyed Finn and Jake taking on secondary, more comedic roles. I can understand why it rubbed some people the wrong way but it wasn't a detractor for me personally.

>like the entire thing with the Dark Cloud only being freed because all the characters acted dumb, or Marceline getting bit again at the end
I interpreted it as something that was fated to happen. That eventually the vampire king essence would escape anyway, wheel of fate and all that.

>Because that is less coherent than events directly leading into one and other.
I don't think that's necessarily true. As a whole, Stakes felt more coherent than the other two.
>If constantly shouting pigs is a great character to you I don't think you have any standards.
Oh fuck off, not every character needs to be deep and complex. The Moon was great because of the design, voice and her sinister and creepy demeanour. And the pigs bit was funny.

I think it might be that I like Finn and Jake so much that I hold them to tighter standards so I'm easier to piss off when I think they aren't written as well.
And the wheel of fortune thing is something I've seen before, and it's probably true but I wish it had manifested in better ways. As it stands I feel like it was less fate nudging thins in that direction and making it have to happen no matter what and more a mix of blind luck and the characters being dumb.

>As it stands I feel like it was less fate nudging thins in that direction and making it have to happen no matter what and more a mix of blind luck and the characters being dumb.
You're right, but it needed to happen somehow. Maybe it could've been that the vampire essence was too powerful to be contained by the bucket, so it wasn't just a freak accident. Like Islands, the slightly rushed ending of Stakes is one of my bigger criticisms of it.

Islands= elements>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>stakes

I don't know about all the miniseries stuff but I personally felt the show peaked with the leadup to The Comet. How does Sup Forums feel about those episodes? I don't come here that often.

Still one of the best on going cartoons

still* ongoing

I'm with you on this one. After season 2 it started going downhill real fast.

I don't remember Puhoy being in season 2

Glad to see someone else appreciates those episodes. Season 6 doesn't get a lot of love around these parts but I really liked it. You Forgot Your Floaties is top ten material.

this

>knowing anything about Doctor Who
Well at least you admitted to having bad taste.