What were your reactions when you first saw this episode?

What were your reactions when you first saw this episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cYFMa22J7Fs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

"Wow this song is a lot shittier than Sugar's demo."

That said it was pretty cool, but holy shit was it overrated then and still is. Simon and Marcy was a better episode, mostly because it knew how to be more subtle with the tragedy.

I guess they needed to introduce the plot point somehow

"Stop freezing the ceiling you daft fuckwit"
Basically that.

Which episode is this??

"I remember you"

hit em square in the feels. my dad has Alzheimers

Teared up a bit desu. It's still one of the most overrated episodes though.

Same.. it fucking hit me hard

>Best written
>Overrated

Finn and Jake felt completely unnecessary in this episode.

I like the song but I think they're trying too hard to go into lore

This episode, along with Simon and Marcy, made Adventure Time for me. They've since squandered the impact, though.

>best written
The episode is basically Marceline and Ice King singing emotional songs building up to the reveal at the end, there isn't a lot to it. There have been many better episodes I think.

Shit you are right.
youtube.com/watch?v=cYFMa22J7Fs

Felt really sad because of my grandma with alzheimer. The lore was fanservice that appealed to me so that was nice too.
It's a good episode, leave it alone.

I cried. Cried pretty moderatly. it was one of those sustained cries that keeps going but you don't get loud you just breath with a quiver...

I had lost my son that year
I still remember you...

I thought we were talking about the Simon and Marcy episode. But the song from this one where she reads his notes did the same thing. I occasionally humm it. It still hurts

I'm still watching this now and then...

ice king drama hits me hard because i have a schitzophrenic brother. He's not as forgetful, but a lot of the other stuff is relevant.

Song still fucking hits me man. How the hell does it do that all these years later?

Tremendous grief and sorrow. I have a few relatives who suffered from senility and hurt. And I always get high right before watching, so I'm embarrassingly over emotional if it's a good episode

it’s heartwarming to look back at a series before it went to shit and see genuinely touching moments.

Probably one of the last episodes of this show to really blow my mind. Past season 5, every "plot twist" looked like an asspull and it just bored me.

Cheesy and contrived as fuck. Muh le randumb cartoon about an autistic boy going on adventures in a hodgepodge world can be deep too! Thank god it's finally getting killed.

I know people hate SU but i really do think rebecca sugar was the best writer AT ever had. I know some say the guy who wrote the magic man episodes was the best one,but the fact that Rebeccas episodes changed so much of the show (marceline and bubblegum,ice king and marceline,flame princess and all that started with her) makes me think that she was indeed the best one in the whole show. I feel like rebecca works better if shes working under someone else instead of creating her own show. Like if some cartoon hired her she would make the best episodes of that show shes hired on.
I will say that the show shit the bed with FP but i dont know if she was responsible for that.

It was a shitty way to try to get feels out of the audience in a show about wacky adventures.

It was a heavy blow, for its being objectively loaded with feelings, especially if you're familiar with people having mental issues or Alzheimer's, as other anons said.
It has a weird pacing but one that's really thought out instead of just choppy (also not foreign to AT as a cartoon) and grows on you
on rewatches (while 'Simon&Marcy' is honestly not that special since it's just a flashback episode detailing a previously established storyline)
The drama with revealing a previously not seen interaction was dealt with in a good way since we are led to see it from Marceline's eyes, the song is great and the connections to the lore made the episode even stronger, considering that we didn't learn anything new on that side since Holly Jolly Secrets.
All in all a good example of what happens when Sugar's talents are reined in and put to work to a larger tapestry
also it gave us one of the best reaction pictures ever, ridiculously funny but bittersweet

I know that hell. The episode did a really good job bringing those memories back.

I liked Marceline better before she was a angsty ball of emotional spaghetti.

Ironically "What was missing" both had peak Marceline and marked the start of the irredeemable path of ruining her.

They just wanted to write a realistic lesbian, a "cool" facade with underlying neuroses that mostly just make you groan and cringe

I saw the flashback episode first, then this

I was pretty obsessed with the two eps for a little while. I mean what a twist

I was a fan of AT since the pilot and I always see people on here say it's "feels" stuff like this that ruined AT, but I loved this. It was a perfect way to use the post-apocalypse plot they've been hinting at the whole show, and add a whole new layer to two characters we had gotten used to over several seasons

Adventure Time's biggest twist was HJS
Sup Forums fucking exploded for a good week after that since no one was expecting that from the episode, especially after the drag that Part I seemed to be and how much backstory it included as opposed to how sparse what we saw had been

I think the last good we ever saw out of marceline was on "Simon & Marcy". Funnily enough, it was a flashback episode.

It's been a while since I watched the show, what was wrong with what happened to Marcy?

She just went on a downward spiral of nothingness where her character seems stagnant and never progressing towards anything meaningful.

>tfw you find out he was just a normal guy on a regular earth once

Literally the best thing they've done with him because it was both unexpected and crammed into the very end of the episode. Every other instance of them trying to develop that idea didn't work nearly as well.

No one with any hint of taste thinks lesbians are cool.

Ice King and Marcy best ship.

marceline is like 30 years younger than him.
Plus, she's lesbian.

I mean it is sugar's demo, but overlaid with ice king drums

According to the half your age+7 rule, they could have started dating when they turned ~74/39 and could have been happily dating for at least 950 years.

This

>"I'm so alone, will somebody tell me what's wrong with me!?"
Cartoons don't determine my emotion but even I found this unsettling. Not enough to cry like a bitch though. :^)

>Muh le randumb cartoon about an autistic boy going on adventures in a hodgepodge world can be deep too!
and this is bad because...?

Yeah it may be randumb with it's vernacular, but nothing comes off cringy like in other random shows.

I would disagree with and just say that she became boring. She never seems to do anything interesting anymore, and I feel like her character lost all the edge she once possessed and now she's like a nice young woman and that's about it.

The only recent time I liked Marceline was in parts of Stakes like in the flashbacks since she seemed to have a sense of passion and fury and shit in them. Like that part where the king asks her if she thinks genocide is okay and she responds with a resounding yes and keeps trying to kill him.

this
remember how we were all crying the night before?

My mind was blown honestly. It was the first cartoon I've watched to actually go into lore/plot lines like that.

>The episode is basically Marceline and Ice King singing emotional songs building up to the reveal at the end, there isn't a lot to it.
There doesn't need to be. The episode is highly emotional and at the end the context is given and it makes your heart ache. It did exactly what it was supposed to.

This

This

I miss old Marceline

Everyone except lesbian shippers does my man

Simon and Marcy is an overall better episode, but I Remember You beats it out purely because of the complex light it shines on the already-established characters.

>bubbline
fak off

PB is like 200 years younger than Marceline.

first post best post