Simon Baz

Finally met pic related in Johns GL run. He's actually kind of likable, but I don't like how quickly he's performing miracles with his ring and outsmarting the entire Justice League.

Does he get better? Is he a snowflake? What do you think?

He gets a lot of bullshit solutions thrown at him every time something goes wrong. I'm assuming DC doesn't want him to fuck up too much because of muh diversity.

You could habdwave the miracles with his glitch ring surpassing normal limits. But he doesn't pull thst stuff again and succeed. Also he fucking loves cars

Green Lanterns made both him and Jessica into fleshed out characters.

His stuff with Emerald Sight and Healing are the one thing still unexplained as of Green Lanterns.
Doubt the last issue of Humphries run will divy that out, but it'll be explained when needed.

He's completely redundant and ppintless character
I hope DC gets rid of him

Too many niggs up in here

Isn't he supposed to be Lebanese? I've never seen such a dark Lebanese person in real life.

>remember one of the recent Johns GL storytimes where everyone was shitting on Baz as a concept beforehand and then he showed up with his emphasized lips and fucking useful gun and won them all over
I'm glad Humphries is fleshing him out more properly and how Humphries apparently can actually do that. It's just a shame that there's now fucking 7 of these fucking lanterns on earth. I guess Alan Scott doesn't count any more, but that's still too many fucking Earth Lanterns. Should get some more color in there, non-politically speaking.

I am always glad though when a potential disaster of a character makes good, though.

>if your dark then you must be black.

I think the colorist is confused and has the same mindset of above.

A simple google search will show that the darkest a Lebanese person can get is Jessica's tone.

I've only been exposed to him from the first few issues of Green Lanterns but I thought it was fucking hilarious that he carried a handgun while transformed, "just in case:

I find it hilarious he's a suspected terrorist in a fucking ski mask.

Yes, a suspected terrorist in a fucking ski mask WITH A HAND GUN

It makes sense and it's dumb he's chastised for it.

he disappears into the background after Johns run, then comes back to be best boy in Green Lanterns

It's because it seems a lot like Superman carrying a knife. He's Superman, what does he need a knife for? They're Green Lanterns, their ring is one of the most powerful weapons in the universe!

Except until people actually saw the storytimes, they either didn't know or just forgot that GLs get their rings stolen or run out of power all the goddamn time. People think Superman has it bad with Kryptonite. That's usually only brought out rarely and by specific people. With Green Lanterns its like everyone has something the ring doesn't work on or their rings have lithium batteries that keep running out of the ability to hold a charge. There was a whole arc about making super Lanterns with integrated power batteries.

I think one of the best Simon moments is Batman telling him having a gun is fucking stupid. Then literally the next arc his ring shatters and he yells out obscenities directed towards Batman how he wish he had a side-weapon just about now.

he's to cars what Kyle is to weeb shit when making constructs.

I wish they brought the yellow impurity back if only to have him just unload into someone painted yellow.

Just imagine if they did that bullshit with Batman stealing a ring off of Baz's finger. Baz could just shoot him and take the ring back. The gun offers a lot of tactical viability.

It's called not being as stupid as Hal. This isn't even remotely close to the issues kyle caused just via existing.

Guy thinks guns are for pussies too though. He goes so far as to tell a cop to get rid of his sidearm if he wants to start shit because Guy knows he's not a man without one.

>guy said that
>ignoring that Guy used to have superpower that was basically turned into a gun
So a writer who does't understand Guy Gardner then.

You're retarded. This exchange occurred before Warrior and Vuldarian shit and all his character development. It was entirely in character for him to make the statement.

No it doesn't. Guy has the most powerful weapon in the universe on his finger 24/7 talking shit about someone carrying a gun is the height of hypocrisy.

It isn't when he regularly offers to take it off to even the playing field. His entire statement is that if they don't have the balls to make threats without a weapon they shouldn't be doing it with them.

Can I just say, as an arab dude Simon Baz is by far one of my favourite "cheap diversity ploy to grab my love" characters.

Maybe it's because johns just genuinely wanted to write the character so it doesn't reek of forced diversity like Ms marvel, or maybe its because when they introduced Baz they didn't try to pretend he was this perfect person who could do no wrong.

Fuck I almost forget some times that Bad was arrested on terrorism charges because he STOLE a van that ended up having a bomb in it.

Right now the arab character power ranking are:
Tiger > Baz >Black Adam> 1/4 of damian wayne> Ras al ghul > Dust> Doctor fate from earth 2> Monet > Ms Marvel> The batman of france that showed up once and was never seen or heard from again > Doctor fate from earth 1

You Don't have to be wearing the ring to use so taking it off is a meaningless gesture.

Nigger quit making excuses. Guy has had numerous times where he loses the ring and still attempts to be a hero. For fucks sake he gets his ass beat trying to fight fuckers barehanded without it in the very same issue if not the preceding one.

I guess this is the thread to ask this in, but what run were Simon and Jessica introduced in?

Doesn't have a gun anymore.

>1/4 Damian Wayne
Fucking got me

Baz in Johns New 52 GL, Jessica in Johns Justice League after Forever Evil

Guy should've stayed red, Kyle should've stayed white.

No Guy should've stayed unaffiliated to any corps.

Ms. Marvel actually isn't the worst example of forced diversity in Marvel. There are way worse characters in that department.

Read Green Lanterns, he's best boy

he is primarily a self-insert character not a diversity one, that's why he's good

White Lantern Kyle was awful, he's much better off Green

Honestly, should Guy go back to being Warrior?

Eww.
No.

Classic Guy. Always starting shit while being a hypocrite about it.

If you mean Warrior as in solo hero then yes. If you mean the Vuldarian nonsense then no.

I love that they followed up with this with the exact situation he was talking about carrying the gun for and Baz was like

"I fucking knew it"

he's good, he goes through struggles. he's NOT a muslim and likes handguns. Batman is a shit and got Baz into a lot of trouble cause Batman said he doesn't need a gun cause he will NEVER run out of lantern power. Batman a shit

Fuck it

I like Baz because he's a flawed character and not overly excited to be doing his job.

It helps he also has the perfect foil in Jessica. They play off each other very well because of their personalities.

They're flawed people, they feel like real ones. That's how you do a good legacy character.

Baz doesn't fucking win every fight with a Venom Sting, and Jessica doesn't go "HURR DURR, I'M GONNA DO THIS MY WAY", she actively follows the model of the mentors she's surrounded herself with and tries to put her own spin on it so it works for her.

He is Muslim but it's more of a cultural thing than a religious one, like Christians who only go to church on Easter

He should get some of Bleez's ass 323592

In general Baz seems to be the lapsed religious guy of his family.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who takes anything on faith.

Black Hand is a bit of a bitch

I want to see Black Hand and Lord Death Man team up.

Did Black Hand ever get away from the Indigo Lanterns?

>Did Black Hand ever get away from the Indigo Lanterns?
Not that I'am aware of.

Good grab

Yeah he did get away from the indigo tribe. Black Hand is currently stuck in the source wall tho.

Here it is

10/10 page

Look at Kari with her Jew nose, Guy dodged a bullet on that one.

I don't think Guy is picky

>good Baz thread ruined for this shit

>Ruined
Get some taste. This is a classic. And you're more than welcome to continue discussing him in the presence of best GL

Pretty weird that most GL rogues know that Hal is GL but doesn't expose him.

Why would Hal care?

He has family and Hal does bother with a mask so he cares to some extent, I mean Sinestro could ruin his life by exposing his ID but he doesn't same with Hammond, Sonar and Black Hand but they don't. I don't know it's like a very open secret y'know.

But that would be a dick move. And Hal is busy fucking shit in space. Killing his family loses a bit of the impact when he's not around. Besides Coast City gets destroyed in about a couple of years after this

Yeah but his brothers Jack and Jim didn't die when Coast City exploded. I don't know, you just have these villains who would go through great lengths to uncover their enemies secret I.D to ruin their lives like Batman or Spider-man but they don't do it to Hal. Just my 2 cents, although I want Hal's secret ID to be secret tho, if he has a public ID like Guy or John it kills the appeal, also hilarious that Jessica and Baz basically have no secret ID but they're still literal who's in the world.

Nah I agree with you. Maybe the fear of reprisal?

And the appearance of Guy's best friend at the very end! Anyone want me to continue or for me to just fuck off?

Possibly, Hal would wreck their shit up. I mean Hal hasn't fought street level villains in a long time so space enemies spilling his secret on earth is slim (also Hal introduces himself as Hal in space since he doesn't feel the need to have a secret ID outside of earth anyway) it could also be accounted that most of his rogues are homolusting for his ass.

Go for it, thread is slow/dead anyway.