vimeo.com/251490751
vimeo.com/248318780
vimeo.com/245715248
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>>Best Cinematography
Yes.
>>Best Visual Effects
Yes.

Absolutely without a doubt, especially considering this years contenders in those categories

youtube.com/watch?v=Je9BulG2dwc&t=7s
Deserves both for this scene alone

DANKESCHÖN GERMANY

should have won production design

I think War of the Planet of the Apes should have won Visual Effects but it was a good second

VFX breakdowns 4U

DNEG
youtube.com/watch?v=4L_FgTPVE2A

Framestore
youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8noORAJuc

MPC
youtube.com/watch?v=x8ZnqCKZABY

RODEO FX
youtube.com/watch?v=vxLd7FkZJeA

Weta Workshop
youtube.com/watch?v=sLxxbfsj8IM

Territory Studio
youtube.com/watch?v=H07HumKRQKE

BUF
vimeo.com/251490751

Universal
vimeo.com/248318780

Atomic
vimeo.com/245715248

>youtube.com/watch?v=gQ8noORAJuc @ 1:40 had no idea the goose and joi were 3d models here, masterfully done

Overrated filter trash. Will be forgotten this time next year

>Will be forgotten this time next year
Like literally every other oscar winner.

The visual effects were absolutely stunning, but in a held-back non flashy way, hiding their own presence.
I think it's a well deserved win.

Best cinematography is debatable. It really depends on whether you like the approach of the film to call a lot of attention to the photography. The same time Sicario was first discussed here and the "dishonest" meme gained traction, films like Villeneuve's became the first targets.

>No award for the Best nipples

It deserves Best Picture

>Best Cinematography
I think it did, but even if it didn't, Deakins deserved to win one

The tech categories are the only ones from the Academy Award categories that have people behind it who understand their craft because it's pretty much objective.

Honestly the accademy is fucked up like this. Sometimes when they win its not because of that movie in particular, but because they got snubbed a few years ago because they had to give it to the guy who got snubbed a few years prior to that.
I really think there should be a year's delay in the oscars. Like have the awards for 2017 in 2019.

Complete rip-off from Fallout: New Vegas' Dead Money DLC.

Yes, absolutely.

Deserved

Nobody cares about your videogames manchild

good

LOOK MOM I’M CINAMATOGRAPHYING

Deakins 100% deserved this one though.

>forced directing
>forced cinematography
embarassing

LOOK MOM I'M SHITPOSTING

Didn’t know videogame cutscenes qualified for the Oscars now

My mom would literally be the first person to hear of my achievement. Mom's rule.

Why still post only trailer shots?

The videogame is actually great, which is far more than I can say about a film whose only strengths are literally "it looks good".

>actually admitting to being a literal vidya manchild degenerate
just switch tabs to Sup Forums and stay there please

Yes. Best Cinematography and Special effects are the most kino categories. Blade Runner has proven to be the most patrician movie of 2017 once again.

Wrong
Sound Mixing and Editing are the Kinoest

I'm not the one throwing manchild around like an insult. :^)

I thought editing of BR2049 was also great

It was made before the movie was released

>t. George Lucas

War of the planet Apes deseved special effects

dont you have some pedo shitposting to do kinofag?

not compared to this

Can you please go back to Sup Forumseddit now? BR2049 won the oscar, you got BTFO, it's over

A challenger appears!

Who robbed Blade Runner from sound mixing?

Dunkirk'd

If it wasn't for Dunkirk, BR49 would've bagged editing too.

Yes. Good it deserves both. Black Panther will literally win every Oscar next year.

>>Best Cinematography
Yep.
>>Best Visual Effects
Fuck no. This goes to The Form of Water.

It won't. A nomination for Killmonger and a nom for adapted screenplay maybe, but that's literally it.

But not even noms for Picture and Directing? Why?

based
t. manchildren

lmao nobody would even remember it by this time next year.

>visual effects
That was Doug 90% of the time, with just some CGI faces and water.

But there were tons of amazing visual effects in BR. See

>an """adult""" wrote this
OH NO NO NO NO

BR2049 is easily a better film than Birdman and the Revenant.

Shitty CG fishboi vs. CG Rachael

people were complaining that something as geriatic and banal as wonder woman got snubbed

black panther made more money and has higher critic reviews than both get out and wonder woman, if it doesn't get nominated there will be shitstorms especially if there are no other black movies nominated

Nah. It will be forgotten once Avengers Infinity War came out.

pls stop. no movie that comes out during the oscars gets a nod in the next one. go ahead and look it up.

Except the fish boy was prosthetics.

Get Out was released on Feb 24.

a 2000s cheesy prosthetic fishboi, yes

Because Peele agreed that Moonlight would be the banner movie for their cause so he was persuaded not to run against it.

But Black Panther is a piece of shit so it won't get even nominated just like Wonder Woman. Marvel won't win anything as loing as the movies they make are awful ad that's the problem with BP

Yeah but Get Out is one of the best movies of the decade

what the fuck are you even talking about, you got proven wrong like a retard and you are straight making shit up, I doubt Peele had any aspirations for even winning an oscar with a blumhouse movie of all things, it was just black people whined and critical review and financial review kept it up

Black Panther will be the same thing
>Marvel won't win anything as loing as the movies they make are awful ad that's the problem with BP
While I might agree this implies that Oscars are about quality, I can guarantee you that unless another flagship black movie takes its spot, BP will be nominated or there will be great shitstorms on twitter

The only realistically award it could be nominated for is costume design and even then it would be a pity nom without a chance in hell of winning. Get Out has a decent script so they gave them that, BP doesn't stand out in anything

Maybe in Sup Forums logic but this is the oscars we are talking about. You expect the oscars to follow Sup Forums logic, then BR and Good time would be nominated. It will be nominated, regardless of quality.

thanks bro

Best Makeup and Hairstyling
Best Costume Design
Best Supporting Actor (for Michael B Jordan)
Best Original Score
and maybe Best Cinematography too, the cinematographer for that was nominated this year too

>looks good
>has empathetic characters
>has themes and ideas that are expressed competently

I'm not the same user you replied to but if you think politicized groups don't use the prestige of these events to publicize their various politics, and coordinate privately to game their chances of winning you shouldn't even be commenting on blackcapeshit's impact or lack of during award season..

lol capeshitter logic
>oh noes da tweeterz
>made more money

I think they will have to nominate black panther to a bunch of shit or there will be a massive shitstorm of racism acusations

They do but Peele released Get Out in Feb Oscar season with Blumhouse. He didn't know shit about Moonlight, I'm sure he was happy it won but his release schedule and the company he working with, I doubt anyone would do that if they expected to win an oscar is to release a Feb release horror film with Blumhouse. Meanwhile Moonlight was released with A24 which is just an oscar bait movie, it got released with the usual oscar sweep schedule (same one as Lady Bird for A24)

Sup Forums aside, Black Panther has the critical backing to compete for an Oscar, again it was more critically acclaimed than the Dark Knight and Get Out and Wonder Woman.

How was this movie not nominated for best movie but Lady Bird was?

Get Out was originally slated for a Halloween release.

i don't understand. why germany?

>it was more critically acclaimed than the Dark Knight and Get Out and Wonder Woman.
>This one Marvel flick need to stand out because how diverse it is

Can't wait for WW3

source for that claim?

this. why do they act like its some big achievement for niggers to do something?

>ohhh babbie said his first word!!!
>ohhh niggie made his first non-shit movie!!!

Couldn't you tell? Same source that told you Peele "didn't know shit about Moonlight" that made you "doubt anyone would do that if they expected to win an oscar"

>implying Black Panther will be the last ethnocentric movie release between now and next Oscars when they already have renewed momentum on their side

>"doubt anyone would do that if they expected to win an oscar", given the fact that no blumhouse horror movies generally aren't ever nominated for oscars or people generally don't release movies in february if they want an oscar, I would say its just common sense. There's a big difference between releasing a horror movie for blumhouse in february and releasing a gay movie for A24 during the late oscar push.

greentext fail

>Best Makeup and Hairstyling
No way. Like impossible
>Best Costume Design
Maybe, pity nom
>Best Supporting Actor (for Michael B Jordan)
No way
>Best Original Score
Is this bait?
>and maybe Best Cinematography too
Ok it was bait, 8/10

wonder if cp was shared on these units.

why are all these impossible? If someone told you daniel kaluuya would be nominated last year for get out you would have scoff, I would say best make up, score would all be in the mix.

Hard to say for Supporting Actor.

>Sup Forums aside, Black Panther has the critical backing to compete for an Oscar, again it was more critically acclaimed than the Dark Knight and Get Out and Wonder Woman.
Man I know you marvelfans are desperate for this but it's just not happening. The acclaim for this movie is not real, it's capeshit acclaim. All MCU movies get capeshit acclaim and they have never won anything and I don't mean just oscars, Golden Globes, SAG you name it. Nothing. This critical backing means shit other than that meme tomatoe

This. People always forget about how good the visuals are for the Apes trilogy

> All MCU movies get capeshit acclaim and they have never won anything and I don't mean just oscars, Golden Globes, SAG you name it. Nothing. This critical backing means shit other than that meme tomatoe
That is true but again, if there is no black flagship movie for next years oscars, it will happen. Remember, this is an """"important"""" movie that seperates it from say Thor or Iron Man, and if you don't vote for it, you might be a racist.

>this is an """"important"""" movie
Just like Wonder Woman and got shit. They already inflated a mediocre black movie this year, next year it's LGBTIGXBRAAAP turn

And Infinity War won't win shit either because this is not a LotR situation in which the movies are cultural events that should be dominating every year and they just give all the awards to the last one, these movies are trash and the critic acclaim is just a marketing scam. It's just not happening, these movies are made to make and be forgotten, you can see it in the really mediocre bluray sales

>Best Makeup and Hairstyling
>No way. Like impossible
Why? Suicide Squad won this one and Black Panther has some wacky painted faces and hair for the girls.
>Best Supporting Actor (for Michael B Jordan)
> No way
This one and the cinematography are a stretch, it depends on whether or not the token black/women nomination for both will be worthwhile. Mudbound didn't have mindblowing cinematography either but she was still nominated
>Best Original Score
>Is this bait?
No, the african beats stuff is unique and this is one prize where blockbusters could get nominated too.

the difference between females and blacks are females are divided, some will vote for other things, Lady Bird got most of the pull from Wonder Woman plus other movies had strong female leads as well.

blacks will vote for one thing, if its black it will be voted in, again if there is no other flagship they can latch onto then it will be nominated

Definitely. Dunkirk spergs BTFO

>Lady Bird got most of the pull from Wonder Woman plus other movies had strong female leads as well.
this, people don't realize that 4 out of 9 best picture nominees had a female protag and some feminist message to them

Get the fuck outta here, Sup Forumseddit.
I bet you don't even like feet you shithead.

>Why? Suicide Squad won this one
Yeah but Suicide Squad had great make up, people tend to forget this. Having wacky painted faces is not good make up
>This one and the cinematography are a stretch, it depends on
It doesn't depend, the character and the cinematography are really bad. And I mean really bad. It would be like nominating Wonder Woman for visual effects. It is something that just won't happen
>Best Original Score
Come on now, don't do this to yourself. Just bet on costume design or Infinity War having much better visual effects than what it shows in the trailer

don't forget the faggot demo, they had a bad showing this season, i think their last major win was aids Leto. the nignog win last year is still fresh on the jurors' mind so voter fatigue will be in effect. fags might be next year's dark horse.

Wait, you think smaller awards nominations are judged by their quality? What are you, retarded?
You think boss baby was one of the best animated movies of 2017 too?

Moonlight was about a black gay man.