Best original screenplay. Will Sup Forums ever recover?

Best original screenplay. Will Sup Forums ever recover?

deserved it desu

Not really. No one expected it win the other awards, so the fact that it didn't isn't much of a loss. However, the fact that it did win the one it had the best chance in is enough to trigger tv for eternity, as people can't say it was a huge loser.

Terrible, really.

Can you give me a quick rundown on the oscars?
I didn't watch the show.

>liberal white guilt meets Hot Fuzz
Not that original tbqhfamalandingdong

>the white people are evil movie wins an award
shocking

It wasn't a badly written movie

The first 3/4s make you really uneasy and uncomfortable despite the white family being "good"

>Can you give me a quick rundown on the oscars?

Sure.

>The Academy Awards, also known as the Oscars,[1] are a set of 24 awards for artistic and technical merit in the American film industry, given annually by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS), to recognize excellence in cinematic achievements as assessed by the Academy's voting membership. The various category winners are awarded a copy of a golden statuette, officially called the "Academy Award of Merit", which has become commonly known by its nickname "Oscar". The sculpture was created by George Stanley.[2] The awards, first presented in 1929 at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, are overseen by AMPAS.[3][4]

>best screenplay
Against which movies ?

>Original
the dude literally ripped off The Skeleton Key

This. There aren't many notable movies that aren't based on something these days.

it was the most quality category. All five scripts were great

>gets award for the weakest aspect of the film

On the oscars 2018? What happened? Any highlights?

Are you guys retarded? This movie is an ultra commercial movie and you're trying to tell me there's not even a single better movie that came out this year?

Do you even watch movies?

best movie with a nigger in it

faggot

>Invasion of the Nigger Snatchers
>Original

Notable in terms of success.

Pity award for racebaiting propaganda.

stop talking like a faggot
three billboards shape of water and maybe lady bird are the only one's that deserved to win

this guy works for Microsoft

Gary Oldman won and people are mad cause he MAY HAVE abused someone 15 years ago

Frances McDonald and Sam Rockwell won and people are mad because they are too dumb to actually understand the movie and think any message other than FUCK COPS AND WHITE PEOPLE is racist

Fish Sex wins big

>same number of oscars than suicide squad

well IT IS original

>100% shit nominations
>least shitty one wins
I actually won money on Get Out winning

For Churchil? Propaganda.

Is the movie about Fuck cops and white guys though?

Is the fish sex grim dark or is it another 'kiddy fairytale' type of DelTaco fest?

>For Churchil? Propaganda.
Yep

>Is the movie about Fuck cops and white guys though?
No, it's more about how hate for hate's sake doesn't solve anything. It's a hard moral to pinpoint. They are mad that a character that may have been racist had a change of heart and was redeemed at the end

>Is the fish sex grim dark or is it another 'kiddy fairytale' type of DelTaco fest?
It's very fairy-tale like but it's pretty violent. It was a good movie

Cool. I ll watch the Billboards sometime and the fishy movie.

>They are mad that a character that may have been racist had a change of heart and was redeemed at the end
Explain to me what's objectively so wrong in racism without using the "it hurts muh feels" pseudo argument.

It felt unrealistic. Most people I've met have no problem with interracial relations and the topic of race hardly comes up when it happens.

>so da brotha bangs dis white bitch and goes to her wypipo folks but da whitey be raciss as fuck and try to kill brudda and steal his smart kang brain shiiiet
Truly the pinnacle of art

Well yeah but these people were like a bodysnatching death cult

Dictating what people should think is immoral. Branding something as "wrong" and "bad" is a great way to control the public and bully them into blindly agreeing with supposed general consensus. Everyone should be allowed to make up their own minds about political and social matters without feeling persecuted for their opinions, like what is currently happening in most Western European countries with people losing their jobs, their social status and so on over alleged racism, and the definition of "racism" is changing very rapidly - a couple of decades ago, racism was considered outright hating another group of people, yet in the early 21st century the term has slowly started to encompass even pointing out, not necessarily in a negative way, certain racial differences like skin colour or physique.

I do not believe that racism is inherently wrong since xenophobia is part of humanity, whether we want it to be or not, and the immigrants from a non-European background haven't exactly done a lot to try and prove the naysayers wrong if you use recent events such as the London or Stockholm riots as a reference point.
If you wanted to combat the "evils" of racism then you should be working on removing the source of the problem, not the reaction to it.

Holy shit is this actually a decent post in current year Sup Forums?

Oscars have to give an award to at least one nigger to avoid a chimpout. This has been the case for a couple years now.

>best original screenplay

The plot was literally retarded and full of holes

You KNEW the family was evil from like the first few minutes of the film

Also it's pretty convenient the daughter wastes several months abducting each guy, you know...so a movie can happen

Successful movies are automatically well written?

Great movie, it's a old tv trope, the same twist was on xfiles and supernatural
Hollywood writers are my fellow children tier

you must be american

The acting was so shit I had a hard time judging the screenplay

not really. just kind of solidified it's place as most overrated movie of all time. it's not going to age well and now that everyone is finally done kissing the peele's ass his career will stagnate and decline

Did the Jewish girl get hazard pay for the kissing scenes?

>Hollywood thinks people want to see this shit on their movie screens
At least cast attractive negroids ffs

I am.

Congratulations to Jordan Peele for taking the concept of Freejack and adding race relations to it.