Marvel on why readers hate them

>Marvel: Fuck you, Readers! You just hate are books because you all are sexist!!!! Sexist!!!!! Our books are literally the bestest things ever created!!!!!!! REEEEEE!!!!!!!!! Sexists!!!!!

is Marvel really this oblivious?

I thought JJ hated everyone? Not just women?

Dude, just read Gwenpool or Venomverse
No need to torture yourself

Sublte

>Gwenpool

>reading anything by Oppressed Fake Geek Milkshake Girl

>Gwenpool
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

>there are still people that think Gwenpool is anything but a 6/10 quirky book with nothing creative or interesting going on

A thread died for this.

Wait what?
Women can apply for a credit card now?

Gwenpool sucks man.

Can't*

>Sup Forumstards will get triggered by these panels despite the fact that Kamal shows up and BTFO Carol

I wish Marvel would literally burn the ground with everyone in it.

>Kamal Khan travels back and meets 20yo Peter
>Peter is 30 in the present day
>The year is 2000, 1990's at best
Is the writer really this disconnected from reality?

Yes, they are this oblivious. Neoliberals don't care about anything other than their narrative, and the people who disagree with said narrative. You could spend all day pointing out exactly how pushing the agenda of a group that typically does not purchase comics, while shitting on the demographics that do purchase comics, is bad for making money. But it wont do any good, and you'll just get labeled as a [insert hurt fee fee].

I'm guessing from the weird colouring that it's set in the past

To clarify from this, does the writer really think women were persecuted for wanting a job and buying a credit card in the year 2000?

>Is the writer really this disconnected from reality?
Did you read the posted duologue?

2005?

It was probably a Sup Forums thread anyway so it evens out.

You mean Christopher Hastings and Gurihiru?

eh, rolling timelines make these things had to guess

Nobody cares about quality, or actually researching the medium, user. There are more important issues to worry about. Like making sure you still remember that women/gays/blacks/muslims are being oppressed by the evil white rednecks who can't afford to go a dentist.

It's amazing. Social justice has done warped everyone's brains.

>IT'S NOT US IT'S YOU! YOOOUUU!!! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

Oddly enough I'm still pulling more from Marvel right now than the other company, maybe im not one of the 'not muh' fans

What exactly are you pulling?

10 years ago would be 2007. Imagine going back to when Civil War came out then acting like women couldn't vote

I was going to make a similar coment about how it was by the Doc McNinja guy, but suspected user was taking the piss

Disney buying Marvel Comics was the worst thing to happen. Now Marvel Comics knows they can put out shit and Disney will always keep them afloat and support them.

>remember all change = progress
>unless it's not the change I want!
>basically any changes I want are morally righteous I suppose you'd say

I mean, they fucked up with Kamala Khan. Even the staunchest Marvel critic didn't beef with Kamala until Civil War 2/Secret Empire. You turned the girl next door into a Brown Shirt.

Even the least offensive characters to come out of Marvel, nobody wants to read them.

Spider-Man Renew Your Vows
Venom
Spider-Man and Deadpool
Venomverse
AN Wolverine
AN GotG
Batman
Detective Comics
Flash

>neoliberals

You fucking idiot.

The only good book on that list is Spider-man and Deadpool

Marvel having better artists is no surprise but they gave better writers too:
Cates
Rosenberg
Ewing
Spencer
Hastings
Thompson
Brisson

This is why we need Joe Quesada back and for Alonso to die. Sure, Quesada wasn't perfect but he still did some good. He brought in A-list writers and artists. He had a tighter grip on continuity. He said no to people. Alonso is the biggest Yesman. He says yes to everyone about everything. He has no spine and can't enforce anything on his employees. He chases away writers and artists who runaway to either Image or DC. The whole line feels like a anarchy wasteland with everyone running around and doing their own thing with no control.

Quesadilla pls go

Every single one of those comics are terrible.

That's what I figured. It's like they can't think of any problems a modern woman may face, so they have to dredge up shit that happened in the past to make themselves look "progressive". It's more sad than anything.

That's what they are, user. They can't be real liberals because they don't believe in freedom of speech, they actively push racism, and they want to replace equality of opportunity with equality of outcome. They still call themselves liberal, despite the literal meaning of the word not fitting the description of their views.

What would you call them? Retards?

It's probably pointless to say this in this thread, but yeah, "neoliberal" refers to an economic ideology. One which basically every major politician in the US adheres to. It is not a synonym for sjw. Learn what terms mean before you use them.

Even then, the sliding timescale makes the past like 2003 or some shit

They wont dare touch the issues facing women in Islamic countries, though. That'd be bigoted.

I'll agree with you on Cates, Rosenberg (even if his main book so far has been a little weak), and Brisson (same thing with Rosenberg but mostly because I really dislike Deodato and hope thats jading my perception)

Ewing is too much of a continuity fag, and unfortunately has yet to have a book last long enough to do anything really interesting with.
Hastings needs to do something other than Gwenpoole.
Spencer is on his way out unless hes got something major announcing at NYCC.
Thompson...shes alright? I mean Hawkeye is decent, but I wouldn't call it anything amazing.

Venomverse sucks though. The main book is just Eddie wank (with Flash and Peter being taken out like bitches the first two issues)

And the tie-in are just full cringe (like the issue where Rhino kills Black Panther and racist Wakanada makes the black girl with a symbiote the new BP and gives her their medicine)

Don't you get tired of going out of your way to be outraged? Do you ever just wake up and go "today, I'm not going to devote all my time to finding things to be upset about"? Because I honestly can't understand how people like you can be so perpetually triggered. I find it exhausting, and I'm not even the one getting upset.

Sliding Time line ain't gotta explain shit!

Sup Forums threads are the ones that constantly get bumped, so no.

>has yet to have a book last long enough to do anything really interesting with.
Loki, you bitch ass bitch.

right and when the O5 X-Men came to the present they were treating them like they were straight out the 60s instead of the early 00s like they should have been timeline wise.

the writers want to have their cake and eat it too when it comes to stuff like that.

Pure Cringe.

So? They're getting away with it. Sliding timeline ain't gotta explain shit works for a lot if people. DC can't get away with shit like this.

oh Loki which lasted all of 17 issues, and was completely forgotten by everyone at Marvel as soon as it ended?

>How dare people complain about muh favorite comics! People shouldn't be allowed to do this! Freedom of speech should be revoked! Me go poopy in my diaper!

Calm down, Mark Waid. If you don't like seeing people criticize a comic you like you can leave the thread and go somewhere else (maybe Reddit, where you belong) People ARE allowed to criticize things y'know?

Savvy, Sweetie?

>is Marvel really this oblivious?
Not oblivious. Just stubborn.

We're all criticizing one panel of a book that we haven't read though.

You forgot virtue signaling and shekels. Or are you false flagging, (((Xanathos)))?

>17 issues
That's a lot. Writers these days leave projects after 15-20 issues on their own.

It was storytimed here

>Spencer
lol
inb4 you say Superior Foes

didn't Waid's champions do something with that?

Superior Foes is god tier no need to be butthurt about it. Ant man and The Fix are great too.

I'm not saying hes bad, and I didn't say anything disparaging about that book.
but it was clear that he had more to say there and the ending seemed rushed (though I understand that was partially Secret Wars fault in addition to the low sales)

same thing with both of his Ultimates books, New Avengers, Mighty Avengers.

I hope USAvengers and Royals last long enough for him to stretch his legs, but based on past experiences and Marvel's general sales, I don't see that happening. So unless they decide to put him on a guaranteed sales beast (X-Men/main Avengers/Spidey/something directly movie related), I don't see him being a Marvel mainstay down the line.

It's funny how both Generations issues of Carol made me like the others (Kamala and Mar-vell) over her.

Why is Carol so unlikable?

Superior Foes ended 3 years ago.
Ant-Man was only good for the first arc pre-Secret Wars.
The Fix, I will admit, is good.

but what about all his other books? Superior Foes can't be Spencer's version of Bendis' Daredevil where we use it to excuse his weak current works.

That's not the context of the panel quit trying to start shit.

It makes perfect senes that a woman's Magazine in the 70s that used to cater to hobbies and turned to politics because of the actual Women's Lib movement at the time would damage the brand and the resolution of doing both is fine.

If you want to say it is a direct correlation to the comic industry it's still fine. Having more diversity in stories and characters isn't the problem. Bad writers is.

Not every attempt to address Social issues is bad.

>he had more to say there
Can be said about a lot of old long runs too. Fact is Ewing's comics are great and that's all that matters. He's one of the best writers in the american comic book industry right now.

but it wasn't the 70s.
Marvel's timeline makes that to have been the mid 90s at earliest.

It's 1977 you casual.

>one of the best writers in the American comic book industry right now
Then why does he write capeshit at Marvel?

I just named three great comics. His Sam ongoing is really good tii. Yeah, Secret Empire was not that good but so what? You're just mad because he was mean to you on twitter.

Shouldn't Carol be 80-years-old then?

>Spencer lurking Sup Forums again
Lieber, why did you pair up with this loser?

To make you seethe.

Nice meme bitch. Dump people always resort to memes when faced with facts.

USavengers is done at #12, and Royals seems done at #14 (if the trade is right)

Don't project. Some of us did read it.

Based Jonah

and I refuted your claims.
Only one of those books is current and good.

His Sam ongoing was decent up until they brought back Steve, and then it just floundered until Secret Empire.

I like Spencer as a writer, and as a person (based on his twitter, except when hes being salty to DC because they cancelled his Thunder Agents book). But we can't point to him as a high caliber comics writer when he has 2 good books in his repertoire and the rest are mediocre at best.

>I like myself as a writer, and as a person
Fixed.

>when he has 2 good books
Are you retarded? I named 4.

USAvengers is basically unreadable

Get some standards ffs

you think I'm Nick Spencer, on Sup Forums, arguing that Nick Spencer isn't that great?

Regardless of the exact timeline in universe, it was meant to portray the time she was part of that company in ours which was the 70s.

Arguing about timeline shit is pure autism.

>Nick Spencer
I heard about him. He's a constant liar.

Flash?

All of Rebirth to choose from and this is what you do with your life? I was gonna recommend adding at LEAST one of the two GL books to your diet but I'm starting to think you don't fucking deserve it.

Really? Because I've checked the archives and can't find a storytime for it anywhere.

and I disagree with you.
which is cool, but you can like stuff I don't like, and vice-versa, but when the majority doesn't agree with you on the quality of his works, it means your opinion isn't the norm.

It didn't start as a story time. It started with a full page spread of Kamala doing the record scratch meme then someone story timed it there.

Aka poorly written

The majority dies agree with me retard. Get out of your bubble.

It started as a meme thread

Carol sucks. Stop trying to push her, Marvel. Even Mar-Vell and Kamala are better.

I couldn't find the storytime, I read it elsewhere and hated it
It's dull and focuses too much on (((the message))) instead of doing something interesting.
Marvel comics are basically CWCville in terms of shitting on their enemies and hollow wish fulfillment for the writers

my bubble is this site that we're arguing on my friend.

>Portrays exactly what intended to.

>Badly written because muh timeline

Fuck off dude.

Yea Flash has been really bad, even as a DCfag I had to drop it

Check out Priest's Deathstroke, King's Mister Miracle, Snyder's All-Star Bats, and Tomasi's Superman, and Seeley's Nightwing first

Then Suicide Squad, Green Arrow, Action Comics, Batman, Detective Comics, Titans, Hal Jordan, Green Lanterns, and the latest arc of Aquaman

Then if you still need more Rebirth I guess you could read Flash

>husband's permission for credit card

This has never fucking happened in the history of ever.

>Not every attempt to address Social issues is bad
But that's ALL some of these writers do. GI Joe might have a message at the end of an episode, but the first 20 minutes is pew pew lasers and shouting
Just read buzzfeed if you want social activism