Slott is never leaving Amazing Spider-Man

Can you imagine being a writer and having to tell people over and over again you're not leaving a comic? Not in a reassuring way but in a way where people are hoping you're gone and you have to set the record straight?

One day Slott will leave and nobody will buy whatever comic he lands on next because only ASM sells good enough despite the writer. But that's exactly why he's staying on ASM as long as he can.

could you imagine dan slott pinning you down with his very fat secretly muscular arms just mercilessly fuckign u while writing mediocre spider man scripts??? hwo does he do it?

Someone explain to me why he got ASM over someone like PAD?

Pretty sure that what he daydreams while writing ASM.

I'm sure he loves disappointing people by reminding them that he'll die before he stops writing ASM.

I can only assume he sucked up to the right people.

>I can only assume he sucked off the right people.
FTFY

Could you imagine how good PAD would be on Spider-Man? Look at the job he's doing with Kaine and Ben.

>Slott will never leave ASM

Slott has always been a niche writer, I don't think he gives a fuck if nobody buys what he does next.

Surfer has been his pet project for years and it's continued for so long in spite of low sales because he's well connected internally and ASM has continued to print money until very recently.

We're talking about a guy whose claim to fame was writing She-Hulk, Great Lakes Avengers and Thing. Spider-Man has been a boon for him but he clearly revels in writing less popular, more comedic characters.

>95516244
Slott is a company man that was friends with Quesadilla. PAD gets concistent work from the Big Two but has talked a lot of shit about both of them.

Slott got the job in probably the most egregious era of nepotism in Marvel's entire history and when you had both the VP and the EIC publicly trashing DC to boost their own image.

OP knows that feel.

You are only safe from this scenario if you don't look like Otto Octavius.

Better start working out, cape fanboys.

PAD already previously worked on FNSM before OMD happened. And I think someone on SA's comic forum said that Slott might've gotten the post-BND writing job because he was coming up with a lot of stuff that could be used for merchandise.

Case in point.

Because he was willing to shill for OMD, and people liked his BND stories the best.

>and people liked his BND stories the best.

Really? Because from what I've seen Joe Kelly got the most praise.

What is wrong with Spiderfags?

>Slott is never leaving Amazing Spider-Man
So those rumors about him moving to DC...?

It's just curious how he never got to write a Peter Spider-Man book after BND. Despite him being a good choice for Spectacular and shit like that. Always stuck with the toys he said he was ready to move on from.

PAD's a marriage-fag.

Also another case in point.

I know that's how world works, but I find it unjust that Zeb Wells was the to make Anti-Venom an interesting character yet Slott gets all the fame.
He's a character's creator but it's in the same vein Liefeld is Deadpool's creator.

*was the one

Yet another reason to love him.

this

Was he responsible for that gay clone shit from last year?

if you mean Clone Conspiracy yes. The one where Ben came back and acted like a complete fuckhead and now PAD has to try and fix Slott's broken toys.

Based Slott working Spider-fags

What comics do you like user?

>liking comics

>It will be 2087 and Slott will still be writing ASM

This was a cool panel but issue 1-2 were fucking terrible so I don't want PAD on ASM.

>What is wrong with Spiderfags?
Batterd wife syndrome. Same thing thats wrong with X-fags. No matter how bad the relationship they think they can't live without them.

Unless they come up with ways of keeping a body alive he's a few burgers short of a massive heart attack.

>two out of the 10 issues released so far have been trash
Better ratio than Slott.

Well, what do you like?

1-2 were trash. I don't know how good the rest are because I stopped reading at 2. Deadpool Reilly is retarded.

Slott has stated on separate occasions that he wants to make it to #800 and that the only thing that would take him off ASM would be Marvel totally firing him.

He's also by far the longest single consecutive writer of any Marvel book.

You complain about Anti-Venom, but it was one of the best periods for Eddie Brock as a character. It's just too bad they completely undid all the development he went through as Anti-Venom because Venomfags kept REEEEEE-ing about both Gargan and Thompson being Not Muh Venom.

>liking things

Everything is shit. It's just that some things are less shit than others. They're still shit though.

He stopped acting that way and is working towards redemption.

it's still not a very good book besides some Kaine moments
Slott's ASM isn't great but its still currently the most compelling Spider-Man book besides Kelly doing DP/SM or when Thompson takes that over

Knowing our luck, Slott will live forever.

you have to be 18 years old to post here.

I don't like comics, but find it hilarious that Spider-fags are still crying about based Slott, I hope he passes it off to Bendis or Hopeless

Go away, Slott

It stepped up quite a bit since then.

Kaine was the best part, why didn't he get the book?

Didn't he use someone else's ID on a forum?

Surely that's a stackable offense?

eternal butthurt from OMD along with the inability to let go.

the funny part is even if they get what they want and slott does leave ASM they'll piss & moan about the next guy because they're incapable of ever being happy at this point.

False. Just like the false rumors of Spencer taking over ASM.

Slott is staying on ASM F-O-R-E-V-E-R!!!

At least he's better than Zdarsky?...

this

At this point I just want the old Felicia back.

It says something about Marvel when the head writer of their biggest character's attitude is "I don't give a shit if fans don't like my stories, I'm staying forever to spite them."

Nice try shills

>You complain about Anti-Venom,

What part of that was complaining? That's an observation. Seriously, did you look at Slott's run to see how much toyetic stuff he puts in? Anti-Venom was one of the better ones.

so why has marvel went for the sjw lesbian market when they dont buy em and is the reason IDW revenue dropped 90%

One More Day

Slott sold his soul effectively being the cheerleader in chief for One More Day in exchange for an infinite run on the book

Venom is like Bane, in that they both really only work in their first story. Once Peter beats him the first time he really has no purpose, and every subsequent encounter is just retreading the same ground.

Because they don't care. They have Disney carrying them. The Marvel brand will make money no matter what thanks to the MCU. They can literally do anything they want now. They could make Spider-Man a KKK member if they wanted to. Because even if they crash the industry, Disney will come and bail them out.

Eddie was made Venom again because of Venom Space Knight. Bendis wanted Venom on his shitty GotG so he could tell a shitty symbiote story (I mean, "Klyntar" story). He demanded Venom be in space. Because of this, Venom's new series had to be in space because of him even though Bendis pretty much stopped caring about Venom very quickly after his shitty story was done. This led to Venom Space Knight a book with a shitty Venom design (it was so shitty that it had art traced from 40k). Marvel blamed the hate of the book on Flash (and not the shitty book or Bendis). The geniuses at Marvel decided the best way to save the character was to give the symbiote to Brock and to give the book to Costa (a man who has never read Venom and only watched the cartoons/movies).

Which is sad because the last issue of Space Knight is what Venom should have been (i.e. Flash and Mania having adventures). Brock was better off as Anti-Venom and/or Toxin. Even Bunn admitted he's been wanting and begging Marvel to tell Flash and Mania stories (and they kept saying no). And now Mania will lose her symbiote/Klyntar to Lee (possibly even die). All because of Bendis.

Damn, are you me?
Fucking Costa. The sting too, that we went directly from Conways excellent Carnage straight to costas "lol fuck character development" shenanigans.

lol t. Dan slott