Let's talk about the so called "issue" of civilized young people staying with their parents

Let's talk about the so called "issue" of civilized young people staying with their parents.

The media usually shoves this down people's throats:
>XYZ thousand people in country W are still living with their parents
>how do we save them?

I don't understand when this trend even started. Why is it so bad to stay with your parents? People used to inherit things and stay with them, even take care of them in their old age. Now they are societally pressured to leave a so called "nest" (comparing people to birds... please). This was especially true if you are the first son and even more so now when Christian families (Islam does not count as having families, they are herds at best) have at most 1 to 3 children.
I think this is wrong and the globalists are at fault, because it dissolves the cohesion of the family unit and gives further (motivation) for people from countries like mine to not just leave their parents but entirely leave their country and go slave away in some "better" shithole.

Other urls found in this thread:

123rf.com/photo_12183701_sad-young-man-portrait-on-the-old-house-background.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

who is the semon demon in pic?

It began in the 50s. Capitalism went wild and the jews knew the best way to get rich was create the housing market ponzi scheme.

It's not hard to change a society's values when you control the institution of education, culture, and government.

I think in most countries, staying with your parents and having multiple generations under one roof is the norm and we're weird in the west for trying to kick our kids out or at least thinking there's something wrong with them not leaving.

In previous generations, it was possible in the west to leave your home and start a good life and career at age 18. I can't pinpoint when the change occurred, but some time around the 3rd or 4th quarter of the 20th century, costs for everything began skyrocketing, salaries and wages became stagnant, there was a qualification creep that required everyone who didn't want to sweep floors to get a degree (which itself became ridiculously expensive) and affordable neighborhoods became "diverse" and therefore too dangerous for any human to want to live in.

Stock photo boy. He's probably underage

Fuck, im 25 and my dad doesnt even want me to move out. Im being guilt tripped into not getting my own place.

Basically this. It's normal in other cultures, but the US used to have a lot of wealth that enabled kids to get out at 18.

Some have to wait longer to get out now, and of course, others use it as an excuse to go full NEET Like Japan.

I tried moving out once, my parents wanted me to come back.
I have a full time job and am going to go get my masters this spring. I pay minimal rent to cover food and utilities.

There is literally no good argument for why I need it move out of my parents house.

It's just demoralization propaganda op, and is meant to influence your behavior and the ones around you in the way you described, among others.

Same here bro, basically prohibit me to move out because muh college debt

There is nothing wrong with living with your family, provided you're not a parasite.
Indeed, traditionally children only moved out to start a new family.

This is economically speaking far better plan because it leaves more money for the starting of new family.
Even if a new family is not started, the household will accumulate wealth from every single working individual in the family and in so doing will grow vastly more wealthy because they pay rent to the family, not to some stranger and all that rent money can be called upon during tough times.

That's actually crazy to me.

I'm in my mid 30s, my parents forced me out of the house when I finished highschool. Ended up getting a place with my girlfriend at the time and basically living independently from that point on. Was tough to balance full-time employment and finally deciding to go to college, basically no free time for several years, but eventually I succeeded.

Have two much younger siblings both in their 20s and both still living with my parents. Times certainly have changed.

I moved out when I was 18. You're a failure if you don't.

Besides, I don't understand how someone can live with their parents in their 20s and not end up killing themselves.

In the past, the growing able-bodied generation would stay to help and aid their parents in their old age.
At present day, the growing able-bodied generation stay to be helped and aided on by their parents in their old age.

>being so cucked that you pay rent to your own parents

I am 25, live at home, and my parents don't want me to move out. I make as much money as them and they encourage me to save every penny. I barely even contribute to the household funds and they tell me not to worry about it. I do pay my own bills, own two cars outright, and generally have a pretty good life. Both of them lived at home until they got married so I guess it is just normal in my family.

I have been saving 2-3k a month since graduating college and really want to buy a house. I just can't find one I want.

My coworkers are all a fair bit older than me and tell me how good I have it and how I should continue staying at home, or how they wish they had.

Furthermore, the expenses get tremendously cheaper in a situation like this, since a large household does have access to excess labour at any given time, which means they can both undertake projects that individual could not on their free time and that they do not have any need to pay for most of the services an individual living alone would have to.
Almost all expenses go down drastically as you've got a large family living and working together.

Fellow Hrvat brah, everybody here who's a first generation immigrant pretty much stays at home until marriage. Only American born bros actually buy the "move out and give money to the eternal Jew instead of pooling it into the family unit" meme

t. "successful" diaspora

It's literally just putting money into the family, nothing more.
If you wanna call it a rent, that's fine.

All you really need to do is put something towards the family. It doesn't need to be money. If you learn to fix the car, that's a contribution towards the wellbeing of the family as well.

I wanted to be a good goy and move out when I was younger, it's what you're supposed to do right?

I can't afford it though, maybe I am old-fashioned but I realised it's better to live at home and be a bachelor, until I meet a woman to marry and move out into somewhere of our own.
However, society does not share my old-fashioned values.

I believe in family, I help my mother pay bills, she helped me by cooking for me and washing my clothes, she would probably be lonely if I moved out, which there isn't any point to moving out for me, there's no reason to.

They can pay their own mortgage and fix their own damn car. It's called self-reliance.

Disgusting failures

user, you're never going to meet a woman while you're still living with your mother. You're throwing your life away because you're concerned about the fee-fees of an old woman. Hell, if you move out, she might feel freer to get a boyfriend.

You may not realize it, but living with her is driving you insane. You're becoming unhinged. The best thing I ever did was move out to somewhere my parents couldn't easily visit.

he's probably 18 by now. he's yummy. do want.

And you can buy your own house if you don't to contribute to the wellbeing of the family in any way, shape or form.
Family is a team effort.

I also have this predicament. My dad keeps including me in his plans of moving North even after I've told him I'm going south and leaving.

It first started with the industrial revolution (some of the kids left the farm on their own to take a job in the city). It really took off after WWII. Lots of pent up savings since everyone had a job, but due to rationing you couldn't buy much. The huge increases in manufacturing output could be directed towards consumer goods and purchases.

The boomers grew up in this massive economic bubble and thought "leaving the nest" was normal. In reality, generational housing was the norm throughout history. Boomers simply don't want to accept that things are returning to normal.

good redpill

>generational housing
I'd rather kill myself than have to live with my parents.

>comparing people to birds... please

This is one of the most autistic things I have ever seen

>American parents force their kids out at 18 then get locked away in nursing homes when they get old
what a fucked up culture lmaoo

im 25 and still in college

I'll move out when I go to Law School out of town

What's wrong with it?

Nobody really likes most old people.

You're free to choose how you wanna live.
Traditional family unit is however the most economical solution.

I didn't realize Finland is so poor that such drastic measures are necessary there.

I get what you're saying, but there is no options for me, I am a failure in life and gone through all the Marxist academia and failed on all accounts.
I would have joined the army but I didn't fancy fighting in the Middle-East for wars I don't believe in.

I respect your concerns though brother, I will probably end up joining a Church and devoting the rest of my life to God.

>I don't understand when this trend even started.
Use your noggin

The cost of college and cost of living has skyrocketed, housing prices aren't worth it and wages compared to cost of living are at a worse ratio than its been ever.

Because you want to move out if you lived with both your parents and sister in a three room apartment.

Only if you insist on living somewhere like NYC.

*you would want

Let me tell you something... If I would to stay with my parents I would bankrupt them. It was bad enough that I felt like shit for not making enough money before college to pay tuition and plus living expenses for yo' lazy ass and basicly you have to move out get a job (I know you were not talking about this but fuck it) and in Macedonia you are fucked if you have more than 1 child - money is on the low side. Also things like these will always happen it's how society "evolves" it isn't something new, nor will it end soon.

If people have stable family structures they won't become dependent on the government.
The destruction of family has always been the goal of big government advocates.

This. Korea gets it.

Although it could have been worse. It could have been you, your parents and your sister in a two bedroom apartment.

I almost fell for that retarded logic myself. However, then I figured out that me going out to live on my own just because that's what society wants me to do is borderline retarded.

I live with my parents and it's me who brings all the money into the household. I'd rather invest my finances into the house I already own, making it better, than going out of my way to buy some small property somewhere just so I'd be alone. There's nothing wrong with living with your parents as long as you are contributing and pulling your own weight. Families are supposed to stick together, not waste their resource just so you could be considered 'a grown up' by some retarded standards.

>Slave away in some better shithole
Im glad i can slave for 1000 pounds a day wage in England for consulting job instead of working 40 years in this shithole and barely affording 1 vacation a year.

you homosexual batty boy

MO this is pretty much everywhere

Cost of living has skyrocketed everywhere. Rent prices have gone way up compared to just 15 years ago. College has gone up ten fold compared to 20 years ago and wages have stagnated

People do not want to be less efficient by moving out to pay for all these needless things and expenses

I can tell you that in Australia its because homes and rent etc. are simply too costly. It's prevalence coincides with the housing bubble.

>not just leave their parents but entirely leave their country and go slave away in some "better" shithole.
this croatbro
Our family used to live in one house(grandparents, parents and we, their kids)
My two sisters after college moved out of the country for some "better" shitholes.
My grandparents died, my parents died and now I'm the only one holding this fucking house together and it's hard, not like when I my dad helped my grandpa repair roof while I served them beers and roof tiles.

My sisters now cry they don't have much money(one is in UK the second is in Germany) and are living in cucksheds while paying fortune for rent yet they don't want to return back, have their own flat six times bigger than that cucked in our house for literally laughable payment for electricity(we have our own watter well). Cunts, btw. one is chronical coalburner and the second just got engaged to mohammed that fucking came to germany last year.

Good family relations and bond is the most sacred thing we have, don't let the jew convince you otherwise

My fiance and I just moved back into her grandparents house. (Her parents , they raised her, I am an orphan. )

Ama

]That's how it should work but the majority of time the person staying with his parents is dependant on them (that's how and why it's so frowned upon)
But yeah it makes a lot of fucking sense
> Families are supposed to stick together

My parents live in bumfuck nowhere. I could do a lot better by moving out to near somewhere with high-paying jobs, so I did. There's almost nothing paying more than minimum wage back where they are. Sure, it's less "efficient", but I'm earning so much more here than I would there that I can save more even with the greater expenses.

>staying with your parents while working because you like them or because you want to save money
fine.
>staying with your parents while not working, in school, or looking for work
deplorable.

It's not necessary.
However if you do it despite it being unnecessary, you'll find that everyone partaking in such a system will find themselves accumulating quite a bit more wealth.

Here ya go pedos. He does look well enough over 18 in some of those photos. Would definitely let him lick my clit.

123rf.com/photo_12183701_sad-young-man-portrait-on-the-old-house-background.html

>be 25
>about to divorce my wife of 2 years in the next couple days
>lost everything because of her. $10,000 in debt because of her spending habits.
>lost my job after a nervous breakdown at work
>divorcing my wife means moving back in with my parents until my debt is completely erased after I find another job
>fucking shoot me now.
>going to miss my wife's pretty face.
>Wil not miss her fucked up attitude.
>struggles

I don't care if the kids live with me until they're 80. Just dont be a neet and/or an asshole .

>Be me
>Save my money from the age of 18
>Live with my parents until the age of 27
>Buy my own house with a massive down payment
>In two years it will be completely payed off

In comes chad thundercock who will rent a property and pay off someone ellses mortgage for the rest of his life

>HAHAHAHA you are a loser, living with your parents until the age of 17

Well, they are not laughing anymore are they.

yessssssssssssssss shalom goyim, be sure to stay away from your family as much as possible, old people are bad! who likes old people?!

I could move out, but there's literally no reason to do so. Pretty much all of my co-workers have their own apartments, some started building/buying houses, some are starting a family, but most are just burning money.

I don't like how "home" is only a place to sleep now anyway. Modern work hours are cancer.

>Parents wanted me out
>I just quit innawoods at 19
>Erryday calling me and begging for me to comeback
>Offering monay
No.

Parents are the problem, the kids don't know enough to make that choice.

I think its diffrent for white people because this is what all hispanics do white people just move out n rent but i dont blame them since most have shtty parents

No fagget your family is you. You know how saudis and Trump got so rich? They stayed in the family and they kept the wealth inside the family.

Old people can still be self sufficient.

It became a trend when factories and big cities started to grow and people moved from their family houses to small apartments in cities.

Young people don't want to stay with the family in a small flat, because they need their own space. So instead they go on to buy a new flat that's even smaller than the one they grew up in, just so they can live a bit more independently. Later, they buy a bigger flat or a house and create their own families.

The problem now is, that even if they live in a big enough flat or a house, the lack of contact with their family severs the family bonds. This makes them more likely to drive away their own kids when they grow up, continuing the cycle.

Staying home till im done studying, isnt that normal? Leaving for singapore next year to do my masters so im actually moving out at that point but you get the idea.

>Staying home till im done studying, isnt that normal
No, it really isn't.

Yes, but that means not calling their kids when they need a diaper change.

u fucking wot m9

Sauce on Semen Demon?

It's normal, but you shouldn't care about what's normal, but rather about what works for you.

Shit everyone in Lithuanian suburbs does that. 2bad Parents are shit and kick you out now.

The fuckin filename cunt faggot.

t. Basement Dweller
>the thread
Don't try and justify it come on now.

>Why is it so bad to stay with your parents? People used to inherit things and stay with them, even take care of them in their old age
I know a lot of people hear don't want to hear it, but there is a great deal of (((degeneracy))) tied up in the highly artificial social (((norm))) of leaving the home asap to go wage-cuck and become a debt-cuck, etc, etc.

Family used to be the reason people lived, and that included their entire family. Not just a wife and kids. I get that it is irritating for many people to be around their parents too much, and for many parents to be around their kids, but its' symptoms of the same illness that has people divorcing and parents growing old for decades alone in government-funded rest homes.

We're defining people into not having families, and being debt slaves.
Think about it, it's just another thread in the same degenerate tapestry...

If my parents were still alive, I'd cherish every moment. I'd love ever word we could say to each other. Appreciate the things you have, because one day they'll be gone. Going to the club and spending money can't replace your own blood.

I can't say I've looked at any statistics on how many old people do actually need constant care, but as far as I know, when they get to that stage they've normally only got a year or so left in them and I feel it's kind of my duty to make sure they don't spend those last days in some depressing home surrounded by dying people where an underpaid nurse checks your diapers at the morning and the evenings for poo.

>Why is it so bad to stay with your parents?

60-70 years of globalist propaganda to justify hypercapitalist Ponzi schemes, and to weaken the social/family bonds of Western countries.

Parents should do more to protect themselves against that eventuality. There's no guarantee that their kids will look after and care for them. Hell, their kids might die in a tragic accident.

This guy knows what's up.

"Moving out and being your own person" is a fucking pipe dream meme that after a short burst of hedonism leaves you up yo your neck in prickles of financial troubles that slowly drag you down. Then you lose agency basically and come 35 you're an overripe hipster still working on graphic design for an indie t-shirt place with no fucking assets and one overcoat

but hey think about all that crazy time you spent that you only sorta remember because your brain is fucking fried from meth, research chemicals, molly and weed.

i knoe fucking scores of people like that, just wobbling through life on their way to the last stop at the burnout belt

It's only bad to live with your parents when there's so little room in your home that there's no privacy, at which point in a traditional family unit, they'd expand the household.

On the contrary, what happens to the parents in the grand scheme of things is irrelevant, provided their children live on and pass their genes.

So why are you going on about feeling a duty to care for them when they get old?

> grandfather built big ass house
> yeah goy, please move out and live in 20 square metre box

No thanks

I'm on my own hope to save up some cash and start a business then hand it down to my son so he can on day build a house so the rest of my chromosomes can live there eternally.
Start small Sup Forums

>parents live in bumfuck nowhere
>no jobs paying more than minimum wage
>no even slightly interesting jobs, just dull, meaningless repetitious activities that will probably be automated away in the near future
>no opportunity for financial independence unless I move out
>HURR STAY WITH YOUR PARENTS MOVING OUT IS FOR SUCKERS

>tfw dad got a really annoying gf with a really high pitched voice around the time i turned 18
>he moved into a tiny house with her, tells me i have a few months to decide if I wanna move in with them or leave
>decide to try to move since the tiny house is shit
>moved in with a friend with no job or car or anything
>got a shitty min wage job
>work for nothing, basically just enough to pay rent and get food
>have to take the bus everywhere, which takes fucking FOREVER
>start going to cc, doing pretty good
>somehow got bedbugs a few months ago, it's getting really bad at this point
>scratching the fuck out of my skin all the time
>have to wear long sleeves in the summer so people don't see the bumps and fucked up skin
>roommate loses his job, and i can't afford to pay everything
>electricity and water get turned off and on every few days
>grades plummeting because of all the shit going on
>parents don't care
>have to move back to the town i was in before
>rent with other friends, but it inevitably goes downhill
>have to move at least twice every year

I know everything that happened is my own fault... things are starting to get better and I'm thinking about either doing an apprenticeship to become an electrician, or go back to cc for an associates in ee... But still scared the same shit will happen again.

When I see articles like this telling people to move out, I always just wish I moved with my dad and just offered to pay him a little bit for rent... Having to work a shitty job just to be able to pay bills is shit...

God bless my gramps for building a big ass house in the capital, in what ended up being the rich people's district. I live like a king here, bud.

Same.
>But your granparents have TWO flats!
So what, are we basically waiting for them to drop dead? Not even mentioning i couldn't bear to live there, it would remind me of them too much.
The worst shit my father pulls though is not even allowing me to pay rent, or electricity bill at least. Then he goes on hour long tirades how he alone supports this family, if something as small as a towel is hanged the wrong way in the bathroom. Shit's surreal.

>i knoe fucking scores of people like that, just wobbling through life on their way to the last stop at the burnout belt
i know so many people like this now, i'm starting to isolate myself more and more. Thankfully I have church and some sports clubs I attend, but I can't stand any of the friends I've had for years. All of them are a life disaster, but most of them followed the plan that was laid out for them by mainstream society, and it ran them aground. THey play us this way, tell us to keep our heads down and do what we're supposed to, to follow the plan, but the plan has been corrupted. Its designed by social engineers that WANT everyone to fail somehow.

We've spent the last three or four generations completely abandoning tradition and the wisdom that was it's foundation. Now we have no fault divorce, endless addiction to everything material, hedonistic, and depraved. No wonder we all want to commit cultural and racial suicide. There is nothing left to live for or protect.

I truly believe there is a happening brewing. I don't want it to be war FOR globalists, but war against them.

Just slip on the floor.

Aye, why spend tons of cash on rent and what not when i can get a master degree without debt. Thats how i look at it anyway.

im melbourne i blame smashed avocado

It's good for the economy that's why lmao. If we had bigger families we would have to work less.

>this whole thread
>housing bubble only mentioned once
Underaged out
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You should go in at night and change all the towels around and turn the soap upside down.

Do it in the rest of the house too, put the knives in the spoons section, turn the dinner table chairs to face the wrong way, put the herb and spice jars inside bowls and glasses.

Do you guys even have houses in lithuania?

He would literally pop a vein, i mean really. Funny you mention soap, he goes nuclear every time the soap is not hanging from the little magnet thing but just laying there. Shit's so bizarre we can't help but laugh in his face. I love him though, i don't do this shit intentionally.

>pop a vein, i mean really
That's the idea, get him to realize that this shit isn't worth getting so stressed about.

Because I'm not an asshole.

Why can't you see things from other people's points of view? Some of us actually love our parents, you know?

Well of course if you're going to make more money by moving to the big city, it's a financially sound move.
People have been moving to go after better paying jobs for thousands of years.

The entire point about living with your family is about sound economic choices.
Living within a traditional family unit will just curb down expenses.
If you can make up for that with increased earnings, then yea, it's a better economical choice.

In fact, if you can start up a traditional family unit where you're going to work at, that's the optimal solution.

Getting married and having kids is a no go while you stay at your parents. Maybe some are different but I couldn't do that.

Also this is mostly market pressure as it means you're less likely to buy a car or own property, which decreases the value (eventually) of the $500k one bedroom house that some asshole is trying to sell.

>graduated college with CS degree at 22 last may
>moved out 3 weeks later
>turned 23 last september

And I honestly feel like it took me too long

I don't know how anyone can live with the shame of being supported by mommy and daddy by their mid 20s

Honestly I live in eastern MA, which is near the top in the US as far as priciest housing, and it isn't even that hard. I live with 2 friends that I graduated with in a 3 bedroom apt.

Millenials really have no excuse. There are UNLIMITED jobs in the technology sector. Go get a job as a programmer and support yourself.