ITT villains who did nothing wrong, and their end goal was beneficial for society at large

ITT villains who did nothing wrong, and their end goal was beneficial for society at large

10/10
really wanted those (you)s op?

The Ghost

>being a genious
>killing millions for a "what if" - plan to provide peace

World was gonna end anyway.

pic related?

>missing the point

Someone post the "I did it!" panel with the obvious symbolism of Ozy's arms

I didn't Like the book honestly

you fail to understand the significance of the act, user

You missed the entire point of Watchmen

He did everything wrong for the right reasons.

Ok, but you have to admit he is a complete asshole.

Why don't you tell us what the point of that overrated piece of shit was, then?
I would love to see your little tiny brains try to come up with a coherent explanation

>for the right reasons.
He did a bunch of stupid shit for HIS reasons then tried to hide behind some half assed "For the greater good" excuse.

they had similar endgames, but ozzy's was much more realistic and he didn't sacrify as many lives
it was also realised very quickly, with no need for a long war

>inb4 villain
Hitler didn't sacrify any lives other than his soldiers' but he should have.

>Surely, if I can just kill enough people I can stop people from being killed
Well done, Veidt.

Ozzy solved the short term problem of Nuclear war by doing a whole bunch of horrible things. He failed to have humanity learn anything.

"At large" his plan will backfire and possibly cause more damage.

>planned to gas Russian elite

Moore's already explained it. It's an exploration of what happens when different kinds of people have power over others - Rorschach's simple black and white view of the world leads him to use his power to punish those he sees as deserving, Comedian's cynicism has him using it to brutalise whoever he likes or whoever the government tells him to, Ozzy's idealism sees him using his power to murder millions of innocents to serve a greater good.

Fucking hell, meant for

There is no justifying a means to an end because nothing ends. There are always consequences for your actions.

BTFO by

You forgot Manhattan's nearly absolute power leading him to apathy and depression.

He kidnapped the greatest artists and scientists of their time and trapped them on a island so they could design a giant fake alien.

He then killed them all on the island, removing the greatest minds from their time and fucking teleported the monster to the center of New York.

Rorschach was the best hero.

>Rorschach was the best hero
you know you have some despicable characters if the most relatable of them is a borderline nazi, sociopathic doomsday preacher

Nite Owl was an all around good guy

Kek

I mean the most relatable one is clearly the fat, impotent nerd but nobody's gonna admit it

His only "crime" was doing his job too well.

You're all fucking retards by the way
Not even with citations do you come close to understanding
I'll let you in on a little secret: there's nlthing to fucking understand. Watchmen is just your average brainless cape bullshit comic that means absolute jackshit. You're all just retarded hipsters that love to blow shit out of proportion and put turds on a pedestal.
No fuckin wonder why comics have gone to shit, you imbeciles will only read the things that pander to your puny brains.
Grow the fuck up, get some education and then we'll talk like real adults do.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

contrarians loves constantly repeating that you missed the point of Watchmen, for some reasons they believe it's a 2deep comics and are triggered when people love Rorschach because he's cool as fucks.

The thunderbolts series with him was the best

>talk like real adults do.
Given the way you type and use words like "puny brains", that's hilarious.